Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? (27561 Views)

Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by cjeriia: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
molbic:
go to YouTube and search chilo -talk and thank me later
Thank you boss
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
You went last year and you saved millions in Nigerian currency shocked
OK NO PROBLEM ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT NIGERIA IS NOT FOR ME

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by lymelyte(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
egobetao:
@Basalt...this is my advise to you and even steps i recommend for you to take

***Pre requirement{- Stay extremely focused on your mindset, goals and your study and get your permanent residence immediately)***
1. find a good place of worship where you can worship on Sundays and also serve for 1hr every week
2. Take a long walk for 30- 45 mins when you are free and think of your best life situation.Ask yourself questions like what,why on country you would like to live,what specific kind of job you would like, what kind of life, what are your dreams etc...( you get my drift: what , where, how, why,how when etc)
3. once you get home write down all that you thought about and all the answers. then create 3 groups- today ( 1-6 months)- short term, 6-24 months (short term), 3 to 8 years (long term)
4. Print this and keep it on your wall and on your phone with daily reminders ( This is your vision board)
5. Research trades like painting, plumbing, electrician, construction etc. Choose one and invest in yourself by acquiring this skills either night school etc) Join Quora, Reddit nairaland, etc and spend 1 hr daily learning
6. Continue studying hard and commence networking and making friends with diverse people..preferable with immigrants or children in your community. Be friendly and have an open mind...ask questions from your new diverse friends..Continue your work hustle and stay focused.
7. Start creating a budget based on your earnings and keep trying to increase your earnings. 5%= Food .20% = Living expense 50% = savings10% = Offering
8. Save up and buy the land . Think of how you can create additional income streams
9. Plan ahead and revisit your vision board after 1 month and make adjustments
10. Keep increasing your earning by adding more side hustles with income generating assets e.g. buy a van for delivery or Watch you tube and learn how to paint. Advertise online as a painter.
11. Visit the library once a week and read books on financial literacy. 2 books a month (Rich dad, poor dad; millionaire next door,millionaire roadmap, millionaire landlord)
12. By 8 months of doing this you would have a clearer vision and would be able to make better decisions and navigate better
13. Start applying for volunteer and internships 3 months before your course is finished
14. Start your own side trade business while applying for jobs in your field
15. 1 year before your visa expires..start making plans for your next step..Apply to express entry canada or uk or usa or south africa
16. invest in real estate in any where you find your self
17. Open your eyes along the journey and look for a female partner who is God fearing and has similar mindset wo you can marry. She would help you build.
18. Build that property in 9ja over 3 year time frame( 3 or 4 flats)
19. Be kind and keep being positive despite challenges that would come your way along the journey..learn from it and move on.Help people as you grow

wisdom
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by koolaid87: 12:34am On Dec 15, 2020
That's a true friend right there

Listen to him.

Invest in your self

Secure your stay overseas

Then go back to build for naija
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by COMPAQ(m): 1:51am On Dec 15, 2020
VULCAN:
Your prediction is too far off.

Dollar will be N1000 by 2025 at the latest!

Lol. Your are harsher than me sef.
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by calcal: 1:56am On Dec 15, 2020
Basalt:
Goodmorning Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am Basalt by name and I came to Germany last year(2019) October for my MSc studies with a little amount of Money and a partially borrowed block account from my inlaw (his money and my money).
On arrival in Germany, I took only a few courses and got a job outside my city and also got a mini-job. I did all my monthly expenses from my Mini job and used my main job to completely pay back my debt within a few months of arrival.

Now, that's not the discussion at hand.
I need advice especially from people who have lived abroad or have many years of experience in life.
My visa still counts till 2022 and I can even extend it if I don't finish my studies by then.
According to German policy, once you graduate from the University, you will be given 18 months to get a professional job or return back to your country.
Returning back to Nigeria is totally out of my plan at least for now because I came from a very poor family without any job connection and I am really enjoying Europe.
I plan to buy land or start building a house (I saved millions of naira and will even save more as time goes) but my friend who is also a student here discouraged me against that saying that my root is not yet fixed abroad that I should wait and continue investing in myself and undergoing professional training until I get permanent residency before investing. That I should always keep saving because it is not certain that I will get a professional job after graduation since my course is not in Information Technology which is currently booming in Germany. That even if I don't get a job, I can use the money to migrate to Canada or any other country of my choice.
He asked What if you invest the money now and don't get a job after graduation, what will you do after the 18 months of post graduation visa since you don't have any backup from home who will help you out financially.

What do you guys think. I need opinions

EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE WELL EDUCATED, YOU CAN NOT STILL PLAN YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE WITHOUT BRINGING IT TO SOCIAL MEDIA. OMASE OOO
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Bjrokenhear003: 2:31am On Dec 15, 2020
Hi basalt
I’m planning coming to Germany next week or so. I reside in Ireland and trust me, enjoy your life while you can and make investment back home. I have tested both of those world

My reason is I bought 7 plots of land ibeju lekki from 750k each. Now the issue of residency is, even in Ireland it’s hard to get a job after school. Only few in my set got jobs for critical skills and those others that got couldn’t get the 30K Minimum annually. I ended up hustling

If you want to get the PR as somebody rightfully said, surest way Na to get babe or pikin. Now the tricky part is if the babe insist the pikin must carry her last name, you don’t have right to that child. Most of the girls here know say Na paper you Dey find come, them go use u no be small. Shebi you wan kn**ck, you go knack your future commot and still u no go c Pali or PR or the one wey go free for you, you go pay house rent plus bills all together, this is mostly common among the black so u have to shine eyes and pray. The white u go Bleep ur pe**s commot as e no Dey do them, if u can’t they go bring another person come inside house to Dey service them. Truthfully the really educated white ones won’t do that but u go see signs of cheating and the white ones for wake up one morning call marriage over your PR don stop immediately

With German PR you can’t use it to work in any other European country as you are a resident of Germany but if your spouse is EU, then the gates are open as you can work in any EU country but your wife must be exercising her Eu treaty rights in the state

See It took me 1 year 4 months to refine my girl with both therapist, my family, people to see things in my perspective, she’s still learning but I know the insult I took from pouring water on me, throwing cartons at me, shouting and screaming, threatening to call police because I ask for my phone, throwing me out of the house severally as I sleep for school, my phone isn’t unlocked. I Neva marry am ohh, she be my last option and she knows I no Dey follow for paper as come back naija and she see my cabal, her head rest, but the feeling of he’s using me for papers still Dey her head a little till now

Even after you get the PR and passport, if the lady mean you she go say you obtained it by falsEhood and tricking her as she was down at that moment, your PR is revoked. So you have to try the other option to increase your German and get job or Canada

Lastly no think of contract marriage, if e burst for u, consider Nigeria as your final home for life as your immigration history go Dey whole of Europe

That’s why if u invest the first year hard work back home and hustle for the other year, you will be solid
Remember cash is king but it does nothing in the bank and when u are in a serious relationship here, she must know how much is your bank account balance, monthly salary and you guys will have joint account. So all those savings wey u save don enter you and her lifestyle

So think well and enjoy this time

12 Likes

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by HighPriest0(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2020
Olajumoke19:
Hi guys
My name is Olajumoke, I am new here
I am currently looking for universities in Germany that offer courses in English for Maters in Public health.
Please anyone with information

only one university offers this course in germany and in english.....it is not tuition free
the tuition fee is around two million now i think

HAW Hamburg is thu unis name

cheers
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by HighPriest0(m): 7:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Basalt:
Goodmorning Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am Basalt by name and I came to Germany last year(2019) October for my MSc studies with a little amount of Money and a partially borrowed block account from my inlaw (his money and my money).
On arrival in Germany, I took only a few courses and got a job outside my city and also got a mini-job. I did all my monthly expenses from my Mini job and used my main job to completely pay back my debt within a few months of arrival.

Now, that's not the discussion at hand.
I need advice especially from people who have lived abroad or have many years of experience in life.
My visa still counts till 2022 and I can even extend it if I don't finish my studies by then.
According to German policy, once you graduate from the University, you will be given 18 months to get a professional job or return back to your country.
Returning back to Nigeria is totally out of my plan at least for now because I came from a very poor family without any job connection and I am really enjoying Europe.
I plan to buy land or start building a house (I saved millions of naira and will even save more as time goes) but my friend who is also a student here discouraged me against that saying that my root is not yet fixed abroad that I should wait and continue investing in myself and undergoing professional training until I get permanent residency before investing. That I should always keep saving because it is not certain that I will get a professional job after graduation since my course is not in Information Technology which is currently booming in Germany. That even if I don't get a job, I can use the money to migrate to Canada or any other country of my choice.
He asked What if you invest the money now and don't get a job after graduation, what will you do after the 18 months of post graduation visa since you don't have any backup from home who will help you out financially.

What do you guys think. I need opinions
we came to germany the same year
i too i am in the same situation as urs.
my course msc Ecology has few job oppotunities in germany.....and i am thinking of what to do too.....
but the first step is mastering the language bro....
i thinking of abandoning the course and go IT but is not so easy

Have you tought Ausbildung?
this reissues that require critical tinking
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Redman44(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2020
You are a very wise person. You have spoken well. Thanks.

Bjrokenhear003:
Hi basalt
I’m planning coming to Germany next week or so. I reside in Ireland and trust me, enjoy your life while you can and make investment back home. I have tested both of those world

My reason is I bought 7 plots of land ibeju lekki from 750k each. Now the issue of residency is, even in Ireland it’s hard to get a job after school. Only few in my set got jobs for critical skills and those others that got couldn’t get the 30K Minimum annually. I ended up hustling

If you want to get the PR as somebody rightfully said, surest way Na to get babe or pikin. Now the tricky part is if the babe insist the pikin must carry her last name, you don’t have right to that child. Most of the girls here know say Na paper you Dey find come, them go use u no be small. Shebi you wan kn**ck, you go knack your future commot and still u no go c Pali or PR or the one wey go free for you, you go pay house rent plus bills all together, this is mostly common among the black so u have to shine eyes and pray. The white u go Bleep ur pe**s commot as e no Dey do them, if u can’t they go bring another person come inside house to Dey service them. Truthfully the really educated white ones won’t do that but u go see signs of cheating and the white ones for wake up one morning call marriage over your PR don stop immediately

With German PR you can’t use it to work in any other European country as you are a resident of Germany but if your spouse is EU, then the gates are open as you can work in any EU country but your wife must be exercising her Eu treaty rights in the state

See It took me 1 year 4 months to refine my girl with both therapist, my family, people to see things in my perspective, she’s still learning but I know the insult I took from pouring water on me, throwing cartons at me, shouting and screaming, threatening to call police because I ask for my phone, throwing me out of the house severally as I sleep for school, my phone isn’t unlocked. I Neva marry am ohh, she be my last option and she knows I no Dey follow for paper as come back naija and she see my cabal, her head rest, but the feeling of he’s using me for papers still Dey her head a little till now

Even after you get the PR and passport, if the lady mean you she go say you obtained it by falsEhood and tricking her as she was down at that moment, your PR is revoked. So you have to try the other option to increase your German and get job or Canada

Lastly no think of contract marriage, if e burst for u, consider Nigeria as your final home for life as your immigration history go Dey whole of Europe

That’s why if u invest the first year hard work back home and hustle for the other year, you will be solid
Remember cash is king but it does nothing in the bank and when u are in a serious relationship here, she must know how much is your bank account balance, monthly salary and you guys will have joint account. So all those savings wey u save don enter you and her lifestyle

So think well and enjoy this time
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by RedPanthar: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2020
calcal:

EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE WELL EDUCATED, YOU CAN NOT STILL PLAN YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE WITHOUT BRINGING IT TO SOCIAL MEDIA. OMASE OOO

You are bitter. Everyone starts from. Somewhere. With all your knowledge, you couldn't also put one single good idea

Let's stop condemning people. You're bitter. Work on yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Priz20: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2020
My dear follow your friend's advice and use your time to learn to speak German too. It will create more opportunities for you. You can do anything you put your mind to. Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by generationz(f): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2020
Why are people so obsessed with buying land and investing in Nigeria? The naira keeps falling daily compared to dollars and Euro.
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Bjrokenhear003: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
generationz:
Why are people so obsessed with buying land and investing in Nigeria? The naira keeps falling daily compared to dollars and Euro.

You are in another mans country that they can reverse changes at their will. Will you like to come back with nothing as you built all your life here. Even the Lithuanian guy at my work place is retiring back to his country,in simple words he said you can be in this country and never safe 10000 euros for 5 years if care is not taken even after you receive 1000 after tax fortnightly as bills is the second life

When hustling you think of both sides,if it dosent work out I have cash and investment back home but if it does I’m covered

2 Likes

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by 1beat(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
get permanent resident first but you can buy any land you see affordable and in nice location
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by egobetao: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
generationz:

In life you have to be careful to learn how to see and to know what you see. Most things that happens in life is based on what you see and how you see things.

The western world is a value driven system meaning every citizen is expected to create enough value to support themselves and sustain the system. Technically this means for as long as you live in the western world you would continue to labour to build and sustain Rome. This happens in form of taxes when you buy or own property, buy goods and services and even upon death you pay probate tax. This you cant avoid however you can reduce the taxes you pay with tax reduction strategies which only a few know about.

The system is also built to ensure you spend every income on the local economy hence the reason why very few are able to take wealth out of the system. The advantage of buying property in Africa is only because the cost of living compared to the west is lower and the taxation system is very weak so you can get away with a lot of things you cant get away with in the west. Africa is also a growing economy meaning things are bad in Nigeria but will get better overtime as more infrastructure is been built. Everything in life is in cycles...the Chinese call it ying yang...positive and negative..hotwater and coldwater etc.. we have had it bad for a long time hence its inevitable it will get better...The cost of everything will continue to rise and eventually become like the western world. hence..taking advantage of this and acquiring property is one of the best things you can do while you can...however like i said acquire knowledge so you know how to inter-prate what you see....acquire wisdom so you can sit in a position where you can see thing clearer and deeply

Hope this helps you understand why its wise to have investment in your home country.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by generationz(f): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
egobetao:

In life you have to be careful to learn how to see and to know what you see. Most things that happens in life is based on what you see and how you see things.

The western world is a value driven system meaning every citizen is expected to create enough value to support themselves and sustain the system. Technically this means for as long as you live in the western world you would continue to labour to build and sustain Rome. This happens in form of taxes when you buy or own property, buy goods and services and even upon death you pay probate tax. This you cant avoid however you can reduce the taxes you pay with tax reduction strategies which only a few know about.

The system is also built to ensure you spend every income on the local economy hence the reason why very few are able to take wealth out of the system. The advantage of buying property in Africa is only because the cost of living compared to the west is lower and the taxation system is very weak so you can get away with a lot of things you cant get away with in the west. Africa is also a growing economy meaning things are bad in Nigeria but will get better overtime as more infrastructure is been built. Everything in life is in cycles...the Chinese call it ying yang...positive and negative..hotwater and coldwater etc.. we have had it bad for a long time hence its inevitable it will get better...The cost of everything will continue to rise and eventually become like the western world. hence..taking advantage of this and acquiring property is one of the best things you can do while you can...however like i said acquire knowledge so you know how to inter-prate what you see....acquire wisdom so you can sit in a position where you can see thing clearer and deeply

Hope this helps you understand why its wise to have investment in your home country.

Thank you for this very beautiful analysis. It makes so much sense.
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 16, 2020
lastmanstandn:
Whatever you do. Do not convert your savings to Naira when it gets to Nigeria. Keep it in your domiciliary account. Rather convert your investment yields to the currency of the place you reside.

Learned this the hard way.
Can you explain this better? Does it mean the money would just be dormant in the account?
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by toboy: 2:25am On Dec 17, 2020
egobetao:

I find your post quite educative and matured. Thank you for sharing. Truly you don't see comments like this often around here.
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Calm down and read well na...Haba

Hey please can I PM
Please
Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by lastmanstandn(m): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2020
Omoluabi9:
Can you explain this better? Does it mean the money would just be dormant in the account?

Not dormant. Just operate your business using the foreign currency as your default operating currency.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? by Dashlish12: 9:18am On Jan 17, 2022
Oh Mehn! Shit is real over there, no wonder billing my folks literally felt reluctant sending them dough back home; hang on boss cuz the lord is your strength. PS: If you have folks that needs land in ibeju/lekki direct from the omo-onile or someone supervising your site activities, pls kindly quote me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Peace Mass Paid ₦500,000 Over No Refund Policy / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.