Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours (3104 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / I Bought The Fake Haers Vacuum Flask / Grieving Husband Dies 24 Hours After Wife’s Demise (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
please we do not have light currently. and we are tired of warming soup and stew morning and night. and using Generator for the sole purpose freezing food is not economical as you will be spending much more than the food you are trying to preserve itself.

now I was wondering if there is a special cooler or big flask than can retain the heat in hot food for at least 24 hours to 36 hours without warming it?

thanks.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Cutehector(m): 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
Mr Man enter market go buy the cooler. Una Don turn Nairaland into general merchandise business.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
Cutehector:
Mr Man enter market go buy the cooler. Una Don turn Nairaland into general merchandise business.
and don't be surprised he will get it, Nairaland is truely a general merchandise online business platform boss.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by NoToPile: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hot for 24 -36 hours? That seems like a hard thing

Even warm sef I doubt you will get. I don't think all these trusted brand lasts for 36hours I.e haers ,dragon, Ketuang etc.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by missjekyll: 2:02am On Dec 14, 2020
recipe for explosive diarrhoea. if you put in bottles of water in your freezer, the water in the bottles will freeze and keep your freezer cold for longer. Also put on your generator for long enough for everything to freeze,it will take days to defrost if noone opens it

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 7:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Cutehector:
keep quite there.

how would I know the right cooler to buy.? I have specified what I need here anyone with experience can easily sees it. so shut the fuc.k up. the thread is not for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2020
missjekyll:
recipe for explosive diarrhoea. if you put in bottles of water in your freezer, the water in the bottles will freeze and keep your freezer cold for longer. Also put on your generator for long enough for everything to freeze,it will take days to defrost if noone opens it
to get it frezed up will take 8 to 10 hours. running it on generator for that long will consume approximately 10litters. and that's about 2k. beside generator freezing is not as hard as NEPA. and it don't last long as well.

imagine burning 2k everyday for a week just to preserve food that's not up to 10k.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2020
NoToPile:
Hot for 24 -36 hours? That seems like a hard thing

Even warm sef I doubt you will get. I don't think all these trusted brand lasts for 36hours I.e haers ,dragon, Ketuang etc.
even if it's 24 hours. so that it can be reheat once a day.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by pocohantas(f): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2020
You don’t retain food hot for 24-36hrs only to heat it up again. Only a man can think of this. grin

After keeping a food hot for hours, the end goal is to serve and eat it. You can’t keep a food hot for over a day and want to eat it, is that even healthy? Food is better preserved in its frozen state. That is why whites spent time inventing a refrigerator, not a food flask like the one you seek.

If you can afford it, have a separate freezer for food, so you don’t have to open it unnecessarily.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Alexaonfleek: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
missjekyll:
One bottle of stout for you kiss
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Alexaonfleek: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
fineboynl:
to get it frezed up will take 8 to 10 hours. running it on generator for that long will consume approximately 10litters. and that's about 2k. beside generator freezing is not as hard as NEPA. and it don't last long as well.

imagine burning 2k everyday for a week just to preserve food that's not up to 10k.
You didn't get what she said.
Use that 2k to buy fuel.
Put plenty bottles of water in the freezer.
Allow the freezer to freeze the bottles of water for at least 6 hours.
When it's a bit frozen at that time you can switch off your gen.
Try not to open the freezer too often to prevent escape of heat(in this place,coolness)
This should last you for àt least 2 days,at most 4 days
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Richy4(m): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
24 Hours Cooler? So why in the world will they manufacture and sell microwave if there are 24hrs cooler smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
pocohantas:
You don’t retain food hot for 24-36hrs only to heat it up again. Only a man can think of this. grin

After keeping a food hot for hours, the end goal is to serve and eat it. You can’t keep a food hot for over a day and want to eat it, is that even healthy? Food is better preserved in its frozen state. That is why whites spent time inventing a refrigerator, not a food flask like the one you seek.

If you can afford it, have a separate freezer for food, so you don’t have to open it unnecessarily.
I do understand this before and also what you have said but it seems you didn't get my plight. the food doesn't necessarily need to be hot at the 24hours to 36hours maybe there was some exaggeration.

when you heat in the morning the soup/stew loose the heat completely within 2 hours and it stays cold that's way till in the evening, and that's when you heat it again.

example is heat up 8am and heat up 8pm. that's about 12 hours interval probably the food stays cooled for 9 to 10hours before heat again.

I was only just thinking if it's possible to heat once a day instead of twice. that's heat up and the heat stays for 12 hours before loosing the heat and it stays for another 12 hours before you heat up again.

anyway I bought this 2 cooler. I don't know if they would serve this purpose.

Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
You didn't get what she said.
Use that 2k to buy fuel.
Put plenty bottles of water in the freezer.
Allow the freezer to freeze the bottles of water for at least 6 hours.
When it's a bit frozen at that time you can switch off your gen.
Try not to open the freezer too often to prevent escape of heat(in this place,coolness)
This should last you for àt least 2 days,at most 4 days
I'm not using a deep freezer. but a double door refrigerator with a separate small freezer compartment at the top door.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
anyway. I am conducting a test with warm water. to see how long it stays warm.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by frozen70(f): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
fineboynl:
please we do not have light currently. and we are tired of warming soup and stew morning and night. and using Generator for the sole purpose freezing food is not economical as you will be spending much more than the food you are trying to preserve itself.

now I was wondering if there is a special cooler or big flask than can retain the heat in hot food for at least 24 hours to 36 hours without warming it?

thanks.

Why cooking much when you know that the electricity supply in your area is poor
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
frozen70:

Why cooking much when you know that the electricity supply in your area is poor

not much just something that can go for a week. how do you want me to cook small soup. when I buy all the things and meats. it's should be much cheaper that way.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by frozen70(f): 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
fineboynl:
not much just something that can go for a week. how do you want me to cook small soup. when I buy all the things and meats. it's should be much cheaper that way.

Well, what I mean to say is that, it's more cheaper for you to buy little and cook little considering the light issues until it becomes stable

There is no cooler that can preserve food for that long its either you warm your food as needed to preserve it or you freeze it
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
fineboynl:
I do understand this before and also what you have said but it seems you didn't get my plight. the food doesn't necessarily need to be hot at the 24hours to 36hours maybe there was some exaggeration.

when you heat in the morning the soup/stew loose the heat completely within 2 hours and it stays cold that's way till in the evening, and that's when you heat it again.

example is heat up 8am and heat up 8pm. that's about 12 hours interval probably the food stays cooled for 9 to 10hours before heat again.

I was only just thinking if it's possible to heat once a day instead of twice. that's heat up and the heat stays for 12 hours before loosing the heat and it stays for another 12 hours before you heat up again.

Lol.. the soup will just hiss at you after 24 hours of storing it in this cooler.

Go for Kenwood cooler. It can keep for that long. It's expensive though.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by LadySarah: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
fineboynl:

your experiment will end in tears unless you are trolling.
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2020
CalliDora1:

Lol.. the soup will just hiss at you after 24 hours of storing it in this cooler.

Go for Kenwood cooler. It can keep for that long. It's expensive though.
how much is it electric cooler?
Re: I Need A Flask Cooler That Can Hold Food For At Least 24 Hours by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2020
fineboynl:
how much is it electric cooler?

Can't really say how much it is now. You can Google the price at the Games mall lekki. They stock urthentic.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting / You Think You Know Your Taurus Man Or Lady Well Enough / Silky Kola For Sale CALL/WHATSAP 08030728324@ Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.