Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity (12367 Views)

Fashola: Buhari Has Done More Than US Govt In Terms Of Infrastructure / Saraki And Dogara: In Terms Of Patriotism, I Rate Them Very Very Low-Buhari / See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Oladeji245:

there's honestly nothing that an average osun state man will want to go and do in owerri.. maybe a contract, maybe nysc..maybe transfer sha...
why would someone go to a place where its inhabitants are running away from..
lol
Inhabitants are running from yet owerri has more population than your dry oshogbo ...lmao
Try another joke

3 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by ggood: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Obalatule:
80% of these places you Just mentioned are dilapidated brown roof bungalows, osogbo is the most backward state capital on this country

#fact

No it's Lafia
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Gracchus: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

LMAO your igbo hate is everywhere

We are in one Nigeria ...push for breaking of the country if u want us to leave your cities and towns

As long and Nigeria is one we would continue to milk your cities and villages dry and use it to develop our place ...before we built some I'm your towns but u got envious now everything goes home

We are taking over 60% of your monthly income ...u know what to do if u dont like it
Lmao. Shitty bragging as usual, same way y'll claimed to own all the properties in Lagos, turns out y'll are now accusing Yoruba landlords of tribalism for refusing to rent out to your sorry asses. No worry, this is just the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Dreyton36: 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
This op no know anything
Lagos is the most serene state to live in Nigeria
Affordable good costs
Good power supply , preferably island , if u nor get money talk make we hear

The only problem with Lagos is just the traffic that's all , else Lagos is the only State in Africa which is worth calling home

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Charleys: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Cashsteady:

Osogbo is far better thank you

WTF!!!!!!!
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Charleys: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Newton85:

Yes we're lazy and can't compete, but please, tell your people to stop infesting our "brown roof enclave" and littering everywhere like homeless refugees. You're even bringing your baby factory business here. Some of you were even arrested in Akure just last week for armed robbery, all the way from your erosion-ravaged hellhole! Stay home, aren't you ashamed?

Can you carry out a business where there are no unions to save you.... You buy your products and sell at your own price, if your neighbour reduces his or her price then your business is gone because no one buys from you again.... Can you compete in those conditions.

I've been to osun, they even have union for pure water. Seriously.
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Bossose(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
Edo state in Ekpoma is a low key town people don't know about it's quite serene
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by spy24(m): 12:09am On Dec 15, 2020
olril17:

osogbo is far better than owerri, Its not even close.
osogbo is an extremely underated city..
decent cost of living,good roads,fantastic electricity.. and cheap transport..
tell me which city in Nigeria you can get all dat.
owerri ko,owo Erin ni.

It's either you are ignorant or you are just being tribal about this

4 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Jamestown123: 12:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Cashsteady:

Ogbeni there is nothing developed about the north.. it's just 5% of the whole north that is decent the rest are nothing to write home about. Hausa people wey still dey live for fulani sentiment at this century
What are you saying self?
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Onlinesmart: 12:41am On Dec 15, 2020
BastardWike:

Lol, you peddled fallacy out of ignorance and still call it fact. SMH. I have been to many states in both South and North, and I can tell you that Owerri is beautiful. Awka, Abakiliki, Umuahia are also not bad.
And why did you intentionally mentioned only igbo cities? Stylishly promoting east abi
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Onlinesmart: 12:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Bossose:
Edo state in Ekpoma is a low key town people don't know about it's quite serene
I will live in sambisa before considering edo.
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Mastakija(m): 1:10am On Dec 15, 2020
Cashsteady:

Haba nothern state is a big no for me.. I cannot come and risk my life the only nothern state I can visit is kwara but the rest no be me
kwara no b northern state guyundecided

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Oladeji245(m): 3:49am On Dec 15, 2020
Igbochief001:

Inhabitants are running from yet owerri has more population than your dry oshogbo ...lmao
Try another joke
Well you will have to tell me why there are more owerri indigenes in osogbo than the entire osogbo indigenes in Igbo land..
Owerri have more population than Oshogbo?
Pls bring evidence backing such claim.

1 Like

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2020
Oladeji245:

Well you will have to tell me why there are more owerri indigenes in osogbo than the entire osogbo indigenes in Igbo land..
Owerri have more population than Oshogbo?
Pls bring evidence backing such claim.
This one thinks owerri is in the same level with oshogbo?

Una sha need to travel ...u think because we abuse our leaders means they are not working based on nigerian standard ?

I laugh u

4 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by BastardWike: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2020
olril17:

ori e ti buruu..
if osogbo is as u described it then wat are your Igbo brothers doing here..selling gala,and fanyogo...selling used cloth at railway station,phones at old garage and building materials at olaiya etc...
an osogbo indigene will never dream of going to stay in owerri?
fun kinii gan
owerri that its indigenes are entering the next available bus to osogbo..
gbogbo idile ee ti ya werey sha..
ajokuta mamumii oshii

Ignorance has really finished you all in the SW. I have seen lots of Filipinos hawking phones and perfumes in the streets of Nigeria, does it now mean that Nigeria is more beautiful or developed than Philippines? I have seen lots of Indians selling or doing jobs in Nigeria same as the Chinese and Lebanese, does it now mean that Nigeria is more developed or beautiful than China, India or Lebanon?

If you're educated, you will know that there are different reasons why people migrate and one of such reasons could be to have comparative advantage or to face less competition. Igbos coming to the SW are mostly people coming to do business same way you see them in remote Northern villages or even as far as Mali. It doesn't mean that those places are more developed than Igboland, their primary motivation for going there isn't to go and enjoy amenities but to provide certain services they believe they have comparative advantage on and earn from it. The only reason why Yorubas are not in large numbers in the East is simply because they have no comparative advantage that would make them to thrive there. That is why you see lots of Yoruba women and girls loitering all over our roads, streets and motor parks selling that concotion you call agbo. You also see your men ridiculously going about aimlessly with plastic bottles trying to scam people in the name of selling herbs to them. Here in Owerri, an average 3 bedroom flat is 500,000 while in Oshogbo it is way cheaper and there are lots of mud houses where your people can live and pay next to nothing. These are the factors that force your people to remain in their villages while your villages and towns remain stagnated. Have you asked yourself why there is very little or no changes at all in your towns and villages while Igbo towns and villages keep developing over the years?

Lastly, I can see that you all are pained to your bone marrow that Igbos are everywhere, including remote places collecting your "widow's might" through business while you can't stop them. Your frustration is just starting, because as long as Nigeria remains one country, we Igbos will continue to match into every town or village in our numbers regardless of your sentiments while you continue to cry and gnash your teeth.

Primitive and uneducated people who claim to be sophisticated, do you know how stupid and foolish it sounds to ask a native Michigan man why he is going to New Jersey to do business or a Portsmouth man why he is going to live in Liverpool instead of remaining in his own region of birth. Would you ask a Kwazulu Natal man why he is going to Cape Town to do business when he is not a native?

Cry us a river but Igbos will continue going wherever they want within the borders of this country and AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

3 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Yankee101: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2020
BastardWike:

Owerri is the perfect place you need to stay based on your criteria. The city is beautiful, serene, has an amazing night life, relatively safe, and good power supply in parts of the city like Spibat area. The only drawback is bad roads but you can always take alternative routes that are good. Owerri is just another Abuja on a low budget.

All those girls wey dey hang outside person hotel room?

Dare devil bank robbery and crimes?

Land fights?

Nah
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Ghengiskhan(m): 6:52am On Dec 15, 2020
Cashsteady:
Base on the one you have visited. What state in Nigeria do you think exhibit all this characteristics?. Don't come and mention lagos oo. Lagos is the worst place to live on Earth
Sokoto and kebbi
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by OfficialAPCNig: 7:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Newton85:

Chinese are in Nigeria to construct infrastructures. Heck, they even lend Nigeria money to provide infrastructures for us. And many Nigerians are also in China. Plenty of your people are infesting our "brown roof enclave" in droves while the last thing Yorubas will do is move to your erosion-ravaged hellhole! Your people are bringing baby factory, armed robbery and kidnapping (Evans) here. Go home and enjoy your "deveroped" Owerri and Onitsha.
The same way we are bringing business to your brown roof enclave.

When will you agbo selling brothers leave SE?

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by BastardWike: 7:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Yankee101:

All those girls wey dey hang outside person hotel room?

Dare devil bank robbery and crimes?

Land fights?

Nah

You're funny. There are different classes of hotel in Owerri. Runs girls are never allowed to hang around high class hotels, it's only in the smaller ones you will see such, besides, is he going to be living in a hotel?

I can't remember the last time I saw or even heard of violent robbery in Owerri, it's very rare my brother.

Land fights occur when you don't do your due diligence before buying land. I'm an estate agent in Owerri and I have never been involved in land disputes that resulted in fight. Land disputes is even far more common in places like Lagos and P.H. than Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by OfficialAPCNig: 7:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
The people of ibadan don't freaking want you in their city, how difficult can that be for you lots? It's their city and their laws, they can decide to sit down all day, it's stillttheir land, at least they didn't come to your land. Y'll should stay in your fuccking region.
You can't love one Nigeria and hate dividends of ONE NIGERIA. We will leave when you declare ododuwa republic.
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by OfficialAPCNig: 7:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
You lot are really comparing yourselves with the Chinese, lmao. First, China has 1.3 fuccking billion people thus seeing there everywhere is completely normal and logical, are u people even up to 40 million? Besides, Chinese are not known for opening shops at every corner or pushing wheelbarrows everywhere, most Chinese folks in Nigeria recently came for construction projects, they come with heavy money for investment like the 1.5 billion dollars Lagos ibadan sgr, how much do you guys bring to other region when you come if not just nylon bags? Y'll should stop your silly comparison to the Chinese. You have never built a kilometer of road in the regions u migrated to before, while chines build railroads, airports, seaports etc yet you have the audacity to to make such silly comparison
Take a stock of the 100 biggest shops in the area you are living and tell me if your people are doing better than us. You must enjoy this one Nigeria.

ONE NIGERIA AMAKA

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by OfficialAPCNig: 7:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Newton85:

Yes we're lazy and can't compete, but please, tell your people to stop infesting our "brown roof enclave" and littering everywhere like homeless refugees. You're even bringing your baby factory business here. Some of you were even arrested in Akure just last week for armed robbery, all the way from your erosion-ravaged hellhole! Stay home, aren't you ashamed?
The last time I checked, your brothers will rent out their one-room inherited apartment to live under Ojuelegba bridge while Ndi Igbos stay in better residential apartments.

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by spy24(m): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2020
olril17:

you are an idiatt..
I've been to owerri..was in nkwere or wareva 4 Nysc and pls wats so special about owerri..absolutely nothing...Osogbo is a fantastic fast growing city..
oponu ofoo..do u know the number of owerri indigenes in Osogbo alone?
I've never heard of an osun indigine talking of going to stay in owerri..4 wat reason naa
I know one of them who even works at our LAUTECH..some owerri indigenes are part of osun civil service..and they live right here in osogbo and have even built house here.
if owerri is all u mentioned why can't those owerri guys stays there instead of rushing to stay in osogbo?
oloriburuku,oloripelebe omo ibo..
osenuu tipolo bi igba iruu

Lie lie

If you have been to owerri and you say Osogbo is better than owerri then you are blinded by tribal sentiment
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by spy24(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2020
olril17:

ori e ti buruu..
if osogbo is as u described it then wat are your Igbo brothers doing here..selling gala,and fanyogo...selling used cloth at railway station,phones at old garage and building materials at olaiya etc...
an osogbo indigene will never dream of going to stay in owerri?
fun kinii gan
owerri that its indigenes are entering the next available bus to osogbo..
gbogbo idile ee ti ya werey sha..
ajokuta mamumii oshii

Yorubas are not industrious no be because west is edoraldo that's why ibos are there

You people are not just as ambitious as they are

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by spy24(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2020
olril17:

osogbo is far better than owerri, Its not even close.
osogbo is an extremely underated city..
decent cost of living,good roads,fantastic electricity.. and cheap transport..
tell me which city in Nigeria you can get all dat.
owerri ko,owo Erin ni.

Stop taking questions out of contest . Between Owerri and Osogbo which one is better in terms of development ?

It's only someone who has not traveled or who wants to be intentionally biased that will choose Osogbo over Owerri

Make we dey talk truth small

Later everybody will be talking about Lai Mohammed as if e duplicate no full everywhere for this country
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by tony02: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2020
I sense this thread is for the average guys in terms of finance cos specifically speaking Lagos is the best state to live in Nigeria precisely Banana Island or Victoria Garden City (24 hours electricity, maximum security, good roads etc). Infact if op is fortuned to live in any of this two areas, he would not go about creating this thread.
So can we all declare that i have won the debate?
Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Newton85: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

The last time I checked, your brothers will rent out their one-room inherited apartment to live under Ojuelegba bridge while Ndi Igbos stay in better residential apartments.

Whatever delusions make you sleep better at night. Just go back home, that's all. Stop infesting other people's lands like refugees from war-torn countries. Be ashamed for once. I mean, you don't see Yorubas from "brown roof enclave" running to your lands. There's just nothing in your lands to attract people. Go home, Okoro.

1 Like

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Oladeji245(m): 8:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Igbochief001:

This one thinks owerri is in the same level with oshogbo?

Una sha need to travel ...u think because we abuse our leaders means they are not working based on nigerian standard ?

I laugh u
U be mumu..so that one na evidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Oladeji245:

U be mumu..so that one na evidence?
Oya na counter it na with your real evidence oga

2 Likes

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Newton85: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
Lmao. Shitty bragging as usual, same way y'll claimed to own all the properties in Lagos, turns out y'll are now accusing Yoruba landlords of tribalism for refusing to rent out to your sorry asses. No worry, this is just the beginning.

Lmao! These people and their empty chest-beating and delusions of grandeur, lol. Never seen a more paranoid people in my life.

1 Like

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by Newton85: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
You lot are really comparing yourselves with the Chinese, lmao. First, China has 1.3 fuccking billion people thus seeing there everywhere is completely normal and logical, are u people even up to 40 million? Besides, Chinese are not known for opening shops at every corner or pushing wheelbarrows everywhere, most Chinese folks in Nigeria recently came for construction projects, they come with heavy money for investment like the 1.5 billion dollars Lagos ibadan sgr, how much do you guys bring to other region when you come if not just nylon bags? Y'll should stop your silly comparison to the Chinese. You have never built a kilometer of road in the regions u migrated to before, while chines build railroads, airports, seaports etc yet you have the audacity to to make such silly comparison

Lol, everytime we remind them that the reason they're infesting Yorubaland and constituting nuisance is because their Igboland is nothing to write home about, these delusional people compare themselves to the Chinese, lmao. The same Chinese lending African governments money and building infrastructures? What do Igbos do here than litter everywhere with dirts with their 2-by-2 shops? They don't employ others, and infact, the only business they do is only for themselves and nobody else. But don't be surprised they're comparing themselves to the Chinese though, it's the Delusional Personality Disorder in their genes. They can't help it.

1 Like

Re: Best State To Live In Nigeria In Terms Of Good Roads, Steady Power, Serenity by favor914: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Try Adamawa state, the electricity na 24hours,
with good roads ... though most of you will not agree, because it's a nothern state.
Even Atiku that spends most of the time in Dubai doesn’t agree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Insecurity: Masari Shuts Major Roads In Katsina, Issues New Security Directives / Unremitted Funds: How Buhari’s Appointees Sabotage Economy, Worsen Borrowings / APC Governors Divided Over National Convention, Choice Of Consensus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.