Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting (36171 Views)

DonaId Trump: I Will Give up Power If Electoral College Votes Biden In December / US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained / United States Electoral College Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by ransomed: 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Fani Kayode is yet to vote please.
The ewedu in his hand might deface the ballot paper. Park well sir.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by int0x80(m): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Afamed:

Their votes are as useless as their name suggest. Faithless
grin grin
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Connoisseur(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
V7place:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics/2020-electoral-college-vote-tracker/index.html

Slates of electors are selected by the campaigns or parties in each state and the slate associated with the winning candidate for that state in the November 3 general election get to vote.

This is the summary of the whole exercise;

Two slates of electors are chose from the parties that contested the election. The slate of the part that wins the statewide elections are automatic electors for the state.

No Democrat elector will vote for Trump, Republicans likewise.

The faithless electors of 2016 did not vote for a rival candidate instead they voted for someone in their party who they felt should have been the candidate e.g. voting Colin Powell instead of Hilary Clinton.

Given the margin, it's au revoir Trump

1 Like

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
ecolime:
American election na for people wey get high IQ.

The complexity fit make person go crazy.
The US electoral process is 'Democratically Nonsensical'.
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by int0x80(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
V7place:

"Faithless Electors" are constitutionally allowed to change their votes. Several of them switched votes last time in 2016; just not enough to affect anything.

In the United States Electoral College, a faithless elector is an elector who does not vote for the candidates for U.S. President and U.S. Vice President for whom the elector had pledged to vote and instead votes for another person for one or both offices or abstains from voting
Forget that bro, it's over for your uncle Igwe Samuel Chukwuemeka Trump! grin grin
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by OneKinGuy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Trumps winning

1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by FarahAideed: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=PrideofLincoln1 post=97069335]You are not tired of backing that worthlessly inept Racist Pig ?. America will get it right starting Jan 20 when we will start uniting our beautiful country. [/quote you are vlown

1 Like

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by int0x80(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
If I were Trump, I would come to Upper Iweka Onitsha, at least to receive some standing ovation grin grin. This is an end to an error!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by kingxsamz(m): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
OneKinGuy:
Trumps winning

Lol, he's not winning.
You just don't understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by ImDStar: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hope!

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by LoveJesus87(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
reallest:
Donald Trump.is a sore loser
you are not serious. Which bkind personal text be that? Me amebo abi grin
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by PrideofLincoln1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=FarahAideed post=97069516][/quote]Loser. I told you but you didn't listen to me. Loser backing loser.
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by raphemmanuel(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
ImDStar:
Hope!
please help me with the link you are getting this update from.
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Afamed: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
FarahAideed:
They will follow projected winnings so Biden wins
Finally you don receive sense
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by mofedamijo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
israelmao:
2016 Hilary won more popular votes than Trump but Trump still won at the Electoral College.

In this case, Joe Biden won in states that have a high number of electoral votes. For example, if you win in a state with 6million votes and the state has 10 electoral votes, and I win in a state with 4milion votes and the state has 12 electoral votes, I will win you with electoral votes while you will win with popular votes. In the United States, the electoral votes win the election. In this case, Biden won in states with high electoral votes and also won by popular votes.

I hope this helps you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by rolams(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Trump will be the first kalakuta president! Check his Twitter for the result.
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Jamesbally: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Trump will win Enugu and Aba college of education

Kikikikikikikkkkkikikiki grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by kingemaker(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
ecolime:
American election na for people wey get high IQ.

The complexity fit make person go crazy.
No, it is not so complex.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Yonce(f): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Biden has won this election and been certified winner so many times it feels like he's the 50th President and not the 46th.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Jamesbally: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Trump will win Enugu and Aba college of education

Kikikikikikikkkkkikikiki grin grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by juman(m): 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
America has now turned to third world.
Their president believe he could steal the election.
Unfortunate for america.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by Openbusiness: 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
Trump will be re-elected in January. An alternative set of Electors have been selected in the 4 Swing States and have cast their votes for Trump, leaving the legal window open till January 20. Trump should just stop playing nice guy and boycott the Courts, invoke the Elections EO he signed in 2018, declare Martial Law, and let the US military conduct fresh elections. Biden must never allowed become President through voter fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by efighter: 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
OneKinGuy:
Trumps winning

Yes, winning in Owerri
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by efighter: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
Openbusiness:
Trump will be re-elected in January. An alternative set of Electors have been selected in the 4 Swing States and have cast their votes for Trump, leaving the window open till January 20. Trump should just stop playing nice guy and boycott the Courts, invoke the Elections EO he signed in 2018, declare Martial Law, and let the US military conduct fresh elections. Biden must never allowed become President through voter fraud.

This is how generational madness starts

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by FarahAideed: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
Afamed:

Finally you don receive sense
They Elections was heavily rigged but Biden will be sworn in
Re: U.S. Electoral College Begins Voting by ImDStar: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
https://edition.cnn.com/politics

raphemmanuel:
please help me with the link you are getting this update from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obama Tapped My Phone During Campaign – Trump / Nairobi Governor Slaps Female Rep After Jonathan Visit / 5000 African Migrants Arrive In Italy’s Lampedusa, Which Only Has 6000 Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.