Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? (2126 Views)

Is It A Sin To Do These In Sex? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed / The legitimate concubine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Vanzcharles(m): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Zzor:
Concubine is a marital companion of inferior status to a wife ,the Israelites commonly acknowledge their concubines and they enjoyed the same right in the house as legitimate wives.A concubine is a slave who is taken as a wife ,check the old testament concubines weren't quite outside of marriage ,they were often used as backup wives ,they bear children as well ,remember all these were practised before the coming of Christ and if you check well, it was the downfall of many of these great men. Yes it is a sin because sexual relation apart from your spouse is a sin and concubinage falls outside of marriage ,most verses don't speak of concubinage specifically but they all speak against sexual relations outside of marriage and as such concubinage is adultery. It was never practiced among Christians during the time of Jesus, everything happened before the coming of Christ

Very Intelligent. Zzor, i didn't know you possess such great knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Silentgroper(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Zzor:
Not right, that's adultery.The Bible already told us about that. The prophets who practiced that was before the coming of Jesus Christ
But d commandments was made in moses time. Yet solomon nd david committed adultery nd they had a free pass

cc callidora1

what do u have to say abt dz
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by olasubomi2354: 7:16am On Dec 15, 2020
: Everything a man does with a woman If anything he does with such woman isn't sinful, then a cohabitating a concubine isn't a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Silentgroper:
But d commandments was made in moses time. Yet solomon nd david committed adultery nd they had a free pass

cc callidora1

It's really deep.

Solomon didnt end well. So I wonder what free pass you are referring to.

As for David, He was God's favorite, and God confirmed that in the Bible by calling him a man after his own heart. so, it was easy for him to escape so many judgments as he knows the way to God's heart and how to repent of whatever he did.

For David, he always got away with certain things because of the relationship he had with God. So, you can't really use David as a case study here. Again, that does not mean God permitted concubine.

Try and study God's and Davids relationship and see why he got away with somethings that others get punished for. If you notice the other prophets after Moses' time, non had concubines.
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by fati2001(m): 7:32am On Dec 15, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
so Solomon , David and the rest committed adultery then by having concubines but why wasn't it stated in the Bible?

follow the positive things in the Bible....

stop comparing urself to them, every one with his/er grace...

after those men you mentioned in the Bible don sin finish, you no go know how they take dy ask GOD for forgiveness and mercy.....
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Silentgroper(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2020
CalliDora1:

It's really deep.

Solomon didnt end well. So I wonder what free pass you are referring to.

As for David, He was God's favorite, and God confirmed that in the Bible by calling him a man after his own heart. so, it was easy for him to escape so many judgments as he knows the way to God's heart and how to repent of whatever he did.

For David, he always got away with certain things because of the relationship he had with God. So, you can't really use David as a case study here. Again, that does not mean God permitted concubine.

Try and study God's and Davids relationship and see why he got away with somethings that others get punished for. If you notice the other prophets after Moses' time, non had concubines.
Jacob?

he was after moses right?
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 15, 2020
Silentgroper:
Jacob?

he was after moses right?

Go and study your Bible to show yourself approved and stop asking half questions.

Jacob was before Moses.

This one you carry Bible for head this morning. What inspired it??
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Silentgroper(m): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2020
CalliDora1:

Go and study your Bible to show yourself approved and stop asking half questions.

Jacob was before Moses.

This one you carry Bible for head this morning. What inspired it??

U, lol. tongue tongue
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Silentgroper:
U, lol. tongue tongue

Na so! undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Very Intelligent. Zzor, i didn't know you possess such great knowledge.
lol Anything for Jesus I try my best, thank you .Good morning

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2020
Only if MaxInDhouse would agree to share his views
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Silentgroper(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2020
CalliDora1:

Na so! undecided
embarassed
Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Silentgroper:

David committed adultery and he was punished, Solomon didn't end so well. They do seek repentance and fall, and repentance and fall again. God use prophets as a guide then, David did took his share of his sin and punishment.

On the other hand Solomon was punished, the women made him far from God. (This doesn't mean women are bad)

@ fati2001 it is true to find the positive/good things and as humans we all have flaws, I think he should know that, even a King isn't flawless.

callidora1 : As you mentioned it's deep. Good response but, not so complete; I had to add to it up there.

Moses time; which was a tough era, a blind era (people), a diverse comparison with the new era (Christ).

Then a man and woman commits adultery, the woman would likely take the penatly etc.
Jesus' era (New testament), many where blind and Jesus noticed it. Many don't even understand anything.

When he said, "he who is without sin" that statement alone tells you no human is so perfect. Even if a man is without sin, should he cast a stone and impair judgement on the woman?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? by Silentgroper(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
David committed adultery and he was punished, Solomon didn't end so well. They do seek repentance and fall, and repentance and fall again. God use prophets as a guide then, David did took his share of his sin and punishment.

On the other hand Solomon was punished, the women made him far from God. (This doesn't mean women are bad)

@ fati2001 it is true to find the positive/good things and as humans we all have flaws, I think he should know that, even a King isn't flawless.

callidora1 : As you mentioned it's deep. Good response but, not so complete; I had to add to it up there.
Alright.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Power Of Masturbation / VIDEO: Two Female SHS Students Fights Nak*ed Over A Boy. / Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.