Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Oni Was A Chief Priest - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oni Was A Chief Priest (24043 Views)

Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest / Chinese Man, Mike Zhang Crowned A Chief In Kano, Nigerians React (video) / Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2021
gregyboy:

I invited you to my post yesterday but you were too scared to show face

Something tells me you're Tao11 you have same bipolar issues
You mean you were to scared to quote her grin Abi you want me to post the thread where she made you Usainbolt when she made you her rag.... grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by AntiBalogunodua: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
Balogunodua:

You mean you were to scared to quote her grin Abi you want me to post the thread where she made you Usainbolt when she made you her rag.... grin
[/s]
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2021
Ideadoctor:
if you are not okay with a Yoruba created forum, go create yours and stop been a parasite
You expect an unproductive Edo miscreant to create something productive.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by AntiBalogunodua: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
Balogunodua:

You expect an unproductive Edo miscreant to create something productive.. grin
[/s]
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by EdoDefence: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

You have nothing say oga... cheesy Benin can remain Benin for all I care...just tell you brother's to stop claiming where does not belongs to them grin

That's the sound of a defeated cone head, so wail on.
No one gives a fvck about your wailing either grin. Rewrite history from now till 2moro and Benin will still remain Benin cheesy
Wail on Yar!ba cone head grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2021
EdoDefence:

That's the sound of a defeated cone head, so wail on.
No one gives a fvck about your wailing either grin. Rewrite history from now till 2moro and Benin will still remain Benin cheesy
Hahahaha... cheesy

Chai!!! You will always know when Edo miscreants have been defeated cheesy they will keep repeating same words and claiming to be the winner... grin

So now Benin is Benin...hehehe...no more Benin is Lagos grin

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by AntiBalogunodua: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
Balogunodua:

Hahahaha... cheesy

Chai!!! You will always know when Edo miscreants have been defeated cheesy they will keep repeating same words and claiming to be the winner... grin

[/s]
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by EdoDefence: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

Hahahaha... cheesy

That's how to know when a cone head is defeated, they will start misquoting you grin

Rewrite history from now till 2moro Benin will still remain Benin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2021
EdoDefence:

That's how to know when a cone head is defeated, they will start misquoting you grin

Rewrite history from now till 2moro Benin will still remain Benin cheesy
Lolzzz... cheesy

Misquoting Ke.... grin hehehe ..your Lagos diehard Wannabe brother's created this thread to uplift their mushroom empire and got disgraced instead..shame shame can't let them swallow the truth..... grin

Kai Tao really dealt with them to the extent where they kept confusing each other grin

Cry me a river....Benin stops in Benin with there 2 by 2 empire.. that's the gospel truth... grin

3 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by EdoDefence: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

Lolzzz... cheesy

Misquoting Ke.... grin hehehe ..your Lagos diehard Wannabe brother's created this thread to uplift their mushroom empire and got disgraced instead..shame shame can't let them swallow the truth..... grin

Kai Tao really dealt with them to the extent where they kept confusing each other grin

Cry me a river....Benin stops in Benin with there 2 by 2 empire.. that's the gospel truth... grin

Lol you know it's funny how you claim victory, as far as we are concerned, we won. The thread is up there and ain't no body gonna read through 24 pages to see your useless replies. So keep claiming victory grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2021
EdoDefence:

Lol you know it's funny how you claim victory, as far as we are concerned, we won. The thread is up there and ain't no body gonna read through 24 pages to see your useless replies. So keep claiming victory grin

You are free to claim victory...I will be expecting another thread from your coward brother's... grin

Hope it won't take long...I trust nocomment999 the Edo undisputed coward to create one soon with another moniker... grin

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by AntiBalogunodua: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
Balogunodua:

You are free to claim victory...I will be expecting another thread from your coward brother's... grin

Hope it won't take long...I trust nocomment999 the Edo undisputed coward to create one soon with another moniker... grin
[/s]
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by AntiBalogunodua: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
Balogunodua:

Lolzzz... cheesy

[/s]
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by EdoDefence: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

You are free to claim victory ...I will be expecting another thread from your coward brother's... grin

grin
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
EdoDefence:

grin
The miscreant is happy... grin
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by EdoDefence: 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Balogunodua:

The miscreant is happy... grin

And the cone head is sad... grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
Christistruth00:

The Awori Yoruba versions see the Oba of Lagos as a trade representative of the Oba of Benin and that was why he was of Baale (District head) Status till 1956. He was the king of the Slave Market on Lagos Island. Just like Oba Sabo,
That is why he had no land and the British accepted that the Idejo were the real land owners
The Awori Aromire family gave the Oba of Lagos the Land his Palace was built on.
His status was that of a Babaloja of the Lagos Slave Markets

He doesn't even have any authority over Onikoyi who is on the same Island
It doesn’t really matter how little other Aworis see the Lagos island throne at its beginnings. Moreover, the realtive positions appear to have reversed for some centuries now.

My irrefutable stance, however, is that the throne’s lineage is an Awori patrilineal lineage starting from Ashipa (from Isheri) up to his son Ado (whose mom is a Bini), and all the way to Eletu Kekere.

It was at the point of Ologun Kutere’s reign that Ijesha patrilineal line (with matrilineal side of Awori/Bini) began and continued up till present-day. These are the points I’m making.

NB: Kutere’s dad (Alaagba) is Ijesha. While his mom (Erelu Kuti) is the daughter of Ado (who himself is the son of the Yoruba progenitor, Ashipa). Kutere’s legitimacy to the throne was thus through his mom’s (Kuti’s) side.

The Olota of Ota is the Paramount ruler of the Awori and he is the son of the Olosolo of Isolo in Lagos who was the first ruler of Sango-Ota
The bolded statement here is a gross inaccuracy and falsehood. There is no basis for it.

All Aworis pride themselves as sons and daughters of Olofin — referring to the first diasporan Olofin, Olofin Ogunfunminire.

Guess where Olofin Ogunfunminire’s base was when the Aworis arrived diaspora from Ife. Take a wild guess. His base was in Isheri.

The popular river which runs through Lagos and Ogun states and popularly known in Nigeria today as the Ogun River (along which Isheri originally lies) was particularly named after him.

It is, in full, called “Odo Ogunfunminire” which became more popularly known in modern times as “Odo Ogun” after which Ogun State was later named.

The Kings of Isheri till date continue to retain the royal title Olofin which many Awori Kings are not privileged to use because of the great reverence for the title.

Isheri is the Olu-Ilu of the Aworis and its ruler is the direct heir of Olofin Ogunfunminire himself being where he also reigned at.

There have been many songs made about it in the past millennium some of which I can share with you.

In fact, very recently (just a month or two ago) at Ile-Ife, this issue came up — before the Ooni himself —among all Awori kings of both Lagos and Ogun states.

The Awori kings from Lagos made this stance abundantly and resoundingly clear in the presence of the Ooni of Ife, while the Olota himself simply listened along.

Why do you think one of the lines in Awori praise poem goes as follows?:

“Omo ka fi opa wa, ka fi aje wa, ka fi ogedegede-owo wa oko de Ile-Isheri”.

Isheri is Awori’s capital. Like we say: “Isheri-Ile ko pe meji”. grin

Peace!

Cc: Ideadoctor, Balogunodua, babtoundey, gomojam, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, ABULARdotCom, TheLionofLasigi, sesan85

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Amujale(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
TAO11:
It doesn’t really matter how little other Aworis see the Lagos island throne at its beginnings. Moreover, the realtive positions appear to have reversed for some centuries now.

My irrefutable stance, however, is that the throne’s lineage is an Awori patrilineal lineage starting from Ashipa up to his son Ado (whose mom is Bini), and all the way to Eletu Kekere.

It was at the point of Ologun Kutere’s reign that the Ijesha patrilineal line (with his matrilineal side being Awori/Bini) began and up till the present moment. This is the point I’m making.

NB: Kutere’s dad (Alaagba) is Ijesha. While his mom (Erelu Kuti) is the daughter of Ado (who himself is the son of the Yoruba progenitor, Ashipa). Kutere’s legitimacy to the throne was thus through his mom’s (Kuti’s) side.

The bolded statement here is a gross inaccuracy and falsehood. There is no basis for it.

All Aworis pride themselves as sons and daughters of Olofin — referring to the first diasporan Olofin, Olofin Ogunfunminire.

Guess where Olofin Ogunfunminire’s base was when the Aworis arrived diaspora from Ife. Take a wild guess. His base was in Isheri.

The popular river which runs through Lagos and Ogun states and popularly known in Nigeria today as the Ogun River (along which Isheri lies) was specifically named after him.

It is, in full, called “Odo Ogunfunminire” which became more popularly known in modern times as “Odo Ogun” after which Ogun State was later named.

The Kings of Isheri till date continue to retain the royal title Olofin which many Awori Kings are not privileged to use because of the great reverence for the title.

Isheri is the Olu-Ilu of the Aworis and its ruler is the direct heir of Olofin Ogunfunminire himself being where he also reigned at.

There have been many songs made about it in the past millennium some of which I can share with you.

In fact, very recently (just a month or two ago) at Ile-Ife, this issue came up — before the Ooni himself —among all Awori kings of both Lagos and Ogun states.

The Aworis of Lagos made the stance abundantly and resoundingly clear in the presence of the Ooni of Ife and while the Olota simply listened along.

Peace!

Teach!

Nothing to add to that meticulous breakdown, however I will add supporting material in order to reinforce the above.

Here is a medley of praise songs 'Oriki Awori', ft Alhaji Aremu Ajobiewe, Tunde Balogun and a host of extras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjh9Zzcmewg&list=PLA9D55F08A96601F6&index=4

Bask in the glory of these praise songs from start to the conclusion or Fast forward to timeframe 0:44 to catch the specified praise song;

TAO11:

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
Amujale:
Teach!

Nothing to add to that meticulous breakdown, however I will add supporting material in order to reinforce the above.

Here is a medley performance 'Oriki Awori', ft Alhaji Aremu Ajobiewe, Tunde Balogun and a host of extras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjh9Zzcmewg

Bask in the glory of these praise songs from start to the conclusion or Fast forward to timeframe 0:44 to catch the specified praise song;
Thank you!

You literally burst my brain with that oriki. Thank you, thank you!

That’s my mother’s preferred line for me whenever she so needs me to do some tasks. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by samuk: 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
TAO11:

My irrefutable stance, however, is that the throne’s lineage is an Awori patrilineal lineage starting from Ashipa (from Isheri) up to his son Ado (whose mom is a Bini), and all the way to Eletu Kekere.

It was at the point of Ologun Kutere’s reign that Ijesha patrilineal line (with matrilineal side of Awori/Bini) began and continued up till present-day. These are the points I’m making.

The popular river which runs through Lagos and Ogun states and popularly known in Nigeria today as the Ogun River (along which Isheri originally lies) was particularly named after him.

The Awori kings from Lagos made this stance abundantly and resoundingly clear in the presence of the Ooni of Ife, while the Olota himself simply listened along.

Peace!

Cc: Ideadoctor, Balogunodua, babtoundey, gomojam, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, ABULARdotCom, TheLionofLasigi, sesan85

Tao, after all said and done, it's left for the Star Witness Himself, the Oba of Lagos to tell us whose his ancestors is Or don't you think what he has to say count?

Don't you think it's pretentious for anyone to tell the Oba of Lagos his own history? Before you point to any reference, remember non of your references were eyewitness or were more royal than the Oba himself.

I believe it rest on the Oba of Lagos to tell the world who his father is just as it's up to Tao to tell the world the history of her forefathers. No one, no matter the hubris, no one can know the history of the Lagos monarchy more than the custodian himself.

The Oba of Lagos has spoken and told the world who his forebears were and that the first Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin. Any other argument from a commoner doesn't count.

CASE CLOSED.

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
samuk:
[s]Tao, after all said and done, it's left for the Star Witness Himself, the Oba of Lagos to tell us whose hus ancestors is Or don't you think what he has to say count?

Don't you think it's pretentious for anyone to tell the Oba of Lagos his own history? Before you point to any reference, remember non of your references were eyewitness or were more royal than the Oba himself.

I believe it rest on the Oba of Lagos to tell the world who his father is just as it's up to Tao to tell the world the history of her forefathers. No one, no matter the hubris no one can know the history of the Lagos monarchy more than the custodian himself.

The Oba of Lagos has spoken and told the world who his forebears were and that the first Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin. Any other argument from a commoner doesn't count.
CASE CLOSED.[/s]
Haha cheesy Saamu, you desperately need some ties to my Lagos so badly. Don’t you? LMAO! grin

I already live the life that you dream of. Haha! grin Deal with that privately. LOL!

Having said that, now where does the so-called “star” witness make any of the statement or phrase you’ve been trying desperately to attribute to him.

When asked about the relationship between the Eko people and the Bini, he replied that King Ado of Lagos is a male descendant of a certain Benin king.

The key phrase here which you’ve desperately sought to twist “male descendant”.

This phrase does not say that Ado’s own father (or paternal grandfather, etc.) was the son of the Benin king.

No the phrase is NOT “paternal descendant,” neither is it “patrilineal descendant”. The phrase says Ado is a “male descendant” indicating a son descended from the said Benin king.

His actual line of descent from the Benin king is silent from this phrase. The phrase “male descendant” does not say if this son actually descended from the Benin king through his father, or through his mother.

In addition to that, the so-called “star witness” also made it clear in the same video that Lagos does not belong to Benin kingdom. cheesy

Moreover, the extant record of the traditional history of Lagos (which were published many decades prior to the Benin revisions) make it abundantly clear that:

ASHIPA, the progenitor of the Lagos monarchy and the father of King Ado of Lagos is a YORUBA noble (of IFE royal blood) from ISHERI. grin See attached. cheesy

THE REAL “CASE-CLOSED”! grin

Cc: gomojam, Balogunodua, babtoundey, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, Ideadoctor, OgboAto

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
TAO11:
Thank you!

You literally burst my brain with that oriki. Thank you, thank you!

That’s my mother’s preferred line for me whenever she so needs me to do some tasks. cheesy
Lol. How u dey?

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
gomojam:
Lol. How u dey?
I dey good jarey!

Happy New Year to you! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
TAO11:
I dey good jarey!

Happy New Year to you! grin
Same to u omo iya.

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Folks, I will in due course be demonstrating (with evidence as usual) that:

The word “Eko” which is now part of the Bini lexicon (and simply meaning “camp” ) actually flowed into the Benin language from the Yorubas/Dutch — from the period when the Bini migrants came to trade (and live) in Lagos.

It was actually not the other way round as many Binis have been trying to make everyone belief.

A lot of Benin falsehoods have been popularized since the later part of the 1900s.

It is our duty to refute and correct such falsehoods one at a time as we come to possess such evidence.

I have just stumbled on some of such evidence which debunks the popular direction of the borrowing.

Stay tuned for this guys.

Cheers!

Cc: LegendHero, macof, RuggedSniper, DenreleDave, Saintbehot, reallest, gomojam, Balogunodua, babtoundey, Ideadoctor, ABULARdotCom, TheLionofLasigi, Olu317, Amujale, OgboAto, macof, Christistruth00

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
We are waiting Tao11 but take your time with those evidence, so that they will be flawless

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ideadoctor:
We are waiting Tao11 but take your time with those evidence, so that they will be flawless
Lol. Trust me.

Thank you! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
Lol... Samuk gregyboy Etrusen valirex areafada2.... Another shifting of post early this year

it's no longer that the word eko was given by the Ijebu as oko, it is now that the word eko was given by Benin from Yoruba and Dutch

If the word was from the either languages and given to Benin, it would have been a variant of both or one of them...

Meaning of camp in the 3 languages
Benin - Eko
Yoruba - Ibudo
Dutch - legerplaats....

If the word Eko was actually from the Yoruba/Dutch it would have been a similar in pronouciation to both languages

Well anything to feed ur zombies is welcome sha ... Zombie must chop ... Abi nor be so

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
Etinosa1234:
Lol... Samuk.... Another shifting of post early this year

it's no longer that the word eko was given by the Ijebu as oko, it is now that the word eko was given by Benin from Yoruba and Dutch •••
Your fears could not be veiled despite your ironic attempt to do so. Lol.

Moreover, the above bolded part of your generally incoherent and fear-ridden comment (which you’ve falsely attributed to me here) is blatantly false. grin

In fact, that is what we are out to disprove and expose to the world as falsehood. May be you should re-read my comment which you’re reacting to.

And I am doing so in due course with evidence as always. A 100 of you all are too little to stop me. grin

Oh, I forgot to mention that Ijebu is a Yoruba subgroup. Now you know.

Do not die before death. Wait! cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
TAO11:
Your fears could not be veiled despite your ironic attempt to do so. Lol.

Moreover, the above bolded part of your generally incoherent and fear-ridden comment (which you’ve falsely attributed to me here) is blatantly false. grin

In fact, that is what we are out to disprove and expose to the world as falsehood.

And I am doing so in due course with evidence as always. A 100 of you all are too little to stop me. grin

Oh, I forgot to mention that Ijebu is a Yoruba subgroup. Now you know.

Do not die before death. Wait! cheesy

Lmaooo... At the bolded.. u've started hallucinating again...

So as it stands, u are abandoning ur stance that the word eko was formally oko... Rather its the word eko flowed into Benin lexicon through the Yoruba and Dutch even when their own words doesn't even sound similar...

Ur lying is a standard

We'll soon be expecting citation from a 1734 work where the Oba of Benin was praised as ikeji orisha by Benin chiefs

After that, we are expecting another one where Oba of Benin never sent an ambassador to Portugal... And so on and so on...

When someone life's purpose is about fighting u, u know that u are on the right course

Fellow Benin, join me and celebrate

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
Etinosa1234:
Lol... Samuk gregyboy Etrusen valirex areafada2.... Another shifting of post early this year

it's no longer that the word eko was given by the Ijebu as oko, it is now that the word eko was given by Benin from Yoruba and Dutch

If the word was from the either languages and given to Benin, it would have been a variant of both or one of them...

Meaning of camp in the 3 languages
Benin - Eko
Yoruba - Ibudo
Dutch - legerplaats....

If the word Eko was actually from the Yoruba/Dutch it would have been a similar in pronouciation to both languages

Well anything to feed ur zombies is welcome sha ... Zombie must chop ... Abi nor be so

Post your evidence and hands off the thread, let her wallow in disdain if she choosed to after then

But if you continue like this
She will just use you to kill her burden, she is a bipolar patient if you ain't aware

Drop solid evidence and move out of thread, no need for long talks

This is 2021, all these long unnecessary talks are not needed

4 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
gregyboy:

Post your evidence and leave her alone, the thread unnecessary too long post all your evidence and hands off the thread, let her wallow in disdain

She will just use you kill her burden, she is a bipolar patient if you ain't aware

Drop solid evidence and move out of thread, no need for long talks

This is 2020, all these long unnecessary talks are not needed

Na true Sha... Na wetin I be wan try tell Samuk. ... Her obsession is about our tribe... Not even the Fulani that is still in control of their town

Make I go do better thing jare... U be correct guy

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration / Why Do Nigeria Men Prefer Male Child To Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.