Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Oni Was A Chief Priest - Culture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oni Was A Chief Priest (23620 Views)

Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest / Chinese Man, Mike Zhang Crowned A Chief In Kano, Nigerians React (video) / Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ideadoctor:
God bless you Sir or ma,your life will not be terminated,and your head shall not be tampered with.

angry angry angry

Prayers against skull miners in the west chaii, the fear of skull mining in the west is real

Etinosa1234 come see prayer ooh

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
gregyboy:

angry angry angry

Prayers against skull miners in the west chaii, the fear of skull mining in the west is real

Etinosa1234 come see prayer ooh
I see am... He understands that skull mining is real in the South West but one balogunod will refuse to hear

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Obalufon: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
Etinosa1234:

I see am... He understands that skull mining is real in the South West but one balogunod will refuse to hear
What about it . Retard Yeah Skull mining ,Even your superior white master do more than skull mining Every race have people that still adhere to ancient mystical spiritualism, Tagging that to Yoruba alone shows how caged your brain is...

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Obalufon: 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
Can't wait to get you all bastards kicked out of space in southwest ..
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2021
Obalufon:
[s]What about it . Retard Yeah Skull mining ,Even your superior white master do more than skull mining Every race have people that still adhere to ancient mystical spiritualism, Tagging that to Yoruba alone shows how caged your brain is..[/s].

Is that why u want to cry... When ur brothers call entire Edo prostitutes , what did u do.... Now u are being served back with ur own coin and u want to vomit

Keep on crying boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 12:23am On Jan 06, 2021
Can't wait for all this block heads to get kicked out of Edo state

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 06, 2021
Christistruth00:

The Oba of Benin is of undisputable Yoruba Origin

With all humility the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba King

Ooni is the one in the Center.

Photo: Yoruba Obas 1937.

From the Yorubas Obas conference 1937 proceedings
Hosted by Sir Bernard Boudillon Governor General of Nigeria
on 31st March and 1st April 1937

Quoting last paragraph of first page:

“The Chiefs were seated in a horse-shoe formation, with the Oni of Ife ,as the head of the town from which all Yorubas have traditionally sprung , at the centre ,and the Alaafin of Oyo at the western and the Oba of benin at the eastern end, an arrangement which gave general satisfaction.

1) The book which you are quoting has gone through several revisions.
2) the actual name of the meeting was: "conference of important chiefs of the western region". It wasn't tagged "yoruba", that is an editorial revision the likes of which nigerians like to do for ethnic politics.
3) the ooni of ife is a shrine keeper whom was elevated by the british in the colonial era for being a useful traitor.
3') the british also tried to turn other people who were not kings into kings: they tried to make Obaseki the king of Benin, but that failed. While the british managed to create a fake king (oni) for the "yorubas", they failed to do the same in Benin Kingdom and emphasized a division approach to the Kingdom of Benin.
4) the ooni was elevated over the alafin of oyo by politicians such as awolowo whom is credited for creating the legend of oduduwa alongside some of his graduate friends.

Your ooni is a priest, not a king, his entire monarchy is a fraud started by the british, continued by awolowo and maintained by fraudsters and gullible ignoramuses.

The people who keep using this book as an argument have already been informed of the fact it is a revisionist work, but they try to prey on the gullible so they keep using it as an argument regardless of facts.

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:59am On Jan 06, 2021
nocomment9999:

[s]1) The book which you are quoting has gone through several revisions.
2) the actual name of the meeting was: "conference of important chiefs of the western region". it wasn't tagged "yoruba", that is an editorial revision like nigerians like to do for ethnic politics. •••[/s]
Please pull out the EVIDENCE of the aCtUAL NaMe of the conference from your ANUS as usual. LMAO!

At this rate everyone in Nigeria already knows what Benin Kingdom needs in order to FEIGN relevance: ... LIES and MORE LIES! cheesy

Hahaha!

Cc: Christistruth00

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:06am On Jan 06, 2021
nocomment9999:
[s]•••
3) the ooni of ife is a shrine keeper whom was elevated by the british in the colonial era for being a useful traitor.[/s]
And Benin priest (ovoranmwen nogbaisi) was demoted for being a USELESS TrAITOR. Hahaha

[s]3') the british also tried to turn other people who were not kings into kings: they tried to make Obaseki the king of Benin, but that failed.[/s]
Obaseki was never a King, they appointed him a Regent while your priest Ovoranmwen was banished into the evil forest by the British because he was a useless traitor.

[s]While the british managed to create a fake king (oni) for the "yorubas", they failed to do the same in Benin Kingdom and emphasized a division approach to the Kingdom.
4) the ooni was elevated over the alafin of oyo by politicians such as awolowo whom is credited for creating the legend of oduduwa alongside some of his graduate friends.[/s]
Just as Igbinedion created the legends of Ewuare 1, right?? grin

————————
[s]Your ooni is a priest, not a king, his entire monarchy is a fraud started by the british, continued by awolowo and maintained by fraudsters and gullible ignoramuses.

The people who keep using this book as an argument have already been informed of the fact it is a revisionist work, but they try to prey on the gullible so they keep using it as an argument regardless of facts.[/s]
These are mere claims which according to Hitchens’ Razor should be debunked by mere counter claims.

As such, you’re a fatuous Janus-faced Bini liar who have zero ability of engaging in a logical discussion. Oh please don’t tell me you live in France and think that is counter-argument as usual. LMAO!

The last time I engaged you, you were caught pants down lying about your Oba’s visit to Ife.

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit to Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

However, I disgraced you by demonstrating that the Ooni wouldn’t be made Governor until three decades later.

And how did you react to the disgrace? The same thing you do when in shame. You deleted your account and fled in shame.

Moreover, I have already debunked your reta.rded unsubstantiated claim into silence on this same page. Thanks for helping me bring it to this current page.

See my comment below:
The image attached by the OP traces to only one source as diverse and as versatile as the World-Wide-Web is.

The image traces only to a post from an unverified Facebook page of a certain apparent amateur who, nonetheless, self-certified theirs as a history page. smiley

This singular originator of this image (and Facebook post) — from where our OP has simply lifted word-for-word and image-for-image — was severely roasted in the comment section of their own Facebook post for misinforming the public.

Guess what, this poster (despite the multiple and consistent heavy criticisms in the comment section) dared not name even one source to prove that the individual in the picture was indeed an Ooni, much less substantiate the authenticity of their uncorroborated and sourceless footnote which they’ve edited into the anonymous picture. It was a clear case of propaganda gone wrong.

There is simply no evidence anywhere in all of history pages to back up his mischievous association of the Ooni of Ife with IfA priesthood. Neither could he dare say a word in defense of his apparent mischievous editing as there is no other source for such (apparently false) information.

In fact to be emphatic, there is not a single past Ooni of Ife (from Yorubaland’s photography era) who has ever adorned the circular-style beaded-necklace as shown in the OP’s image.

This singular fact alone instantly debunks our OP’s image (and its accompanying footnote) as a work of dubious and fraudulent propaganda. Lol! cheesy

The Ooni of Ife was always and remains the head of all Yoruba kings as I have demonstrated with evidence in my above comment which precedes this one

Birth of yoruba: 1808
(1) “Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

[s]Adoption of the term "Oba" in yoruba chiefs nomenclature: 1930's[/s]
(4) Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

Moreover, the oldest written evidence of “Oba” for your king yet on Nairaland is in the 1860s.

Whereas, we have seen an 1845 usage of “Oba” for Yoruba kings. LMAO!

Moreover, the attachments below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915204_3bb91d9be2ea45c5afd3f41e88728f3e_jpeg_jpeg645a15f18177fc5fe10c58c7cc98cb9c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915205_d21b9942ec6b49db8268dddb52125c5d_jpeg_jpeg5b7a9464bca8be76b7a6cbdd30d76898
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915206_ea1bb7bbeb514c029bf799998b655ca3_jpeg_jpeg94b9f98f3c978fcbb8823afc65a47cbc

Cc: Christistruth00

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 06, 2021
The british are well known for creating fake kings: just take a look at the middle east: most kings of the midle east are fake, they were created by the british and the french, their kingdoms were also created by the british and the french.

When Moamar Qaddafi told the king of saudi arabia to his face that his ancestor got his crown from britain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjfLSPVZqHU

"You are always lying and you're facing the grave and you were made by Britain and protected by the United States," Gaddafi told Abdullah in front of 15 other leaders attending the annual gathering.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/libyas-gaddafi-hurls-insults-at-saudi-king-20141031-9h9r.html

So the yoruba case is not unique. The oni of ife is just an other fake king created by the british. Truth hurts.

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:13am On Jan 06, 2021
nocomment9999:
[s]The british are well known for creating fake kings: just take a look at the middle east: most kings of the midle east are fake, they were created by the british and the french, their kingdoms were also created by the british and the french.

When Moamar Qaddafi told the king of saudi arabia to his face that his ancestor got his crown from britain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjfLSPVZqHU

"You are always lying and you're facing the grave and you were made by Britain and protected by the United States," Gaddafi told Abdullah in front of 15 other leaders attending the annual gathering.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/libyas-gaddafi-hurls-insults-at-saudi-king-20141031-9h9r.html

So the yoruba case is not unique. The oni of ife is just an other fake king created by the british. Truth hurts[/s]
So you are basically arguing as follows:

@nocomment99999 lived at bus stations during his first few years in France.

Hence, every single Edo person in France also slept at bus stations because it can’t be unique to you. cheesy

Now, are you really sure that your brain is not retarding at the speed of light?? LMAO! cheesy grin

————————
Moreover, the evidence we want to see here is not of Moamar Qaddafi, et al.

You must really prove that the British truly elevated Oba Eweka2 from a priest position to a King position.

I’m waiting for proof. Pull it out from your ANUS as usual. Lol.

Christistruth00

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:15am On Jan 06, 2021
What I requested is simple — Providence evidence to back up your lengthy rant.

You can’t just claim that the British elevated Eweka 2 from priest to King without providing any evidence.

@nocomment99999, please pull out some evidence from your ANUS to back up your claim. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:58am On Jan 06, 2021
The last two years must have been the toughest for Bini lying machines. cheesy

I literally crippled their lying business venture. cheesy grin [Evil Laughter]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Is that why u want to cry... When ur brothers call entire Edo prostitutes , what did u do.... Now u are being served back with ur own coin and u want to vomit

Keep on crying boy cheesy
yeah we mine skulls, but Edo people mine skulls too couple with prostitution, you see the bonus...lol
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2021
TAO11:
The last two years must have been the toughest for Bini lying machines. cheesy

I literally crippled their lying business venture. cheesy grin [Evil Laughter]
you are right

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Ideadoctor:
yeah we mine skulls, but Edo people mine skulls too couple with prostitution, you see the bonus...lol

Wrong... My Yoruba wailer...

The Southwest now mine skulls, prostitute and are pedophiles...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/ogun-police-arrest-father-who-slept-with-daughter-for-eight-years/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwifsrXb1YbuAhUJmBQKHSUgCP4QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0CdlXEc3DNEsfE82mkgSDv&ampcf=1 grin

U actually see that ur own bonus plenty?... grin

At least u agree that ur tribe.mine skulls... U must be proud of ur tribes venture

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/ogun-police-arrest-father-who-slept-with-daughter-for-eight-years/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwifsrXb1YbuAhUJmBQKHSUgCP4QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0CdlXEc3DNEsfE82mkgSDv&ampcf=1 grin

I insists, Edo is the homeland of immorality and criminality

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

I insists, Edo is the homeland of immorality and criminality.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2021
Ideadoctor:
I insists, Edo is the homeland of immorality and criminality.

Yes
And ur region is the one of saint's... No wonder u guys don't see anything wrong in skull mining. Prostitution, Paedophilia, trafficking, cultism

I still insist that Yoruba is a region of saints...
cheesy cheesy

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Yes
And ur region is the one of saint's... No wonder u guys don't see anything wrong in skull mining. Prostitution, Paedophilia, trafficking

I still insist that Yoruba is a region of saints...
cheesy cheesy
thanks for believing that our region is filled with saints,you are right, Joseph Ago babalola,oshoffa,kumuyi,oyedepo,Adeboye,Tb Joshua,Orimolade, clap for yourself good boy
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2021
Gregyboy... They are no longer doing the child sexual abuse here ... They have taken it international...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7886291/amp/Pastor-60-guilty-multiple-rapes-against-children-adults-congregation.html

Wahala for who nor be Saint ooo

Christistruth00

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2021
Ideadoctor:
thanks for believing that our region is filled with saints,you are right, Joseph Ago babalola,oshoffa,kumuyi,oyedepo,Adeboye,Tb Joshua,Orimolade, clap for yourself good boy

Lmao... Calling pastors names.... For u to go to.the extent of calling pastors, shows that ur region don spoil ...like O rhia kakabo...

Don't forget to mine skulls 2day bro

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Lmao... Calling pastors names.... For u to go to.the extent of calling pastors, shows that ur region don spoil ...like O rhia kakabo...

Don't forget to mine skulls 2day bro
you are really funny, if our region is as bad as what you portrayed it to be,why will your Edo people rush to southwest as if it is London, funny people.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:
Gregyboy... They are no longer doing the child sexual abuse here ... They have taken it international...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7886291/amp/Pastor-60-guilty-multiple-rapes-against-children-adults-congregation.html

Wahala for who nor be Saint ooo

Christistruth00
u

They dont know what hit them, just two benins are dealing with five of them both politically and cultural wise

But Etinosa1234 we' a calming down kerekere
Nor go kill dem

Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 10:19am On Jan 06, 2021
Obalufon:
What about it . Retard Yeah Skull mining ,Even your superior white master do more than skull mining Every race have people that still adhere to ancient mystical spiritualism, Tagging that to Yoruba alone shows how caged your brain is...

Lol, yoruba come dey defend skul minning like international passport chaiii grin grin MelesZenawi come see something

Skull mining is not ending soon in Yorubaland if we still have the likes of Balogunodua and Obalufon defending such act

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2021
Obalufon:

Lol, are we even much to even to be seeing in other state, but if we are kicking yorubas out of edo chaill dem go plenty like libya returnees ooh

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2021
Obalufon:

grin grin grin lol, the thing don dey pain dem enter bone oo

Etinosa12345, oma do ghe mwin, grin grin grin

Trolling is an edo culture, you trolling with edo person is death sentence

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2021
Ideadoctor:
you are really funny, if our region is as bad as what you portrayed it to be,why will your Edo people rush to southwest as if it is London, funny people.

Lol... That same old line that y'all used on Igbos if u run out of ideas... Is that ur best shot cheesy

For ur info, the only place most Edo people go to in South West is lagos and as at now, it is majorly populated by all tribes which contributed to its development and not Yorubas alone..

Lemme use ur logic... If ur South West is that bad... Why will ur people rush to Edo to be selling agbo... Is our place Dubai?

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol, yoruba come dey defend skul minning like international passport chaiii grin grin MelesZenawi come see something

Skull mining is not ending soon in Yorubaland if we still have the likes of Balogunodua and Obalufon defending such act

Even ideadoctor has agreed that they mine skull...which means we are not going to see the end of it in the next 600 years

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Etinosa1234: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2021
Gregyboy..... Do u also know that even their pregnant women kill children out of wickedness....

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/1/jealous-pregnant-woman-poisons-her-3-year-old-stepson-to-death-in-osun.html

But christistruth00 wants the whole world to believe that Edo is the homeland of immorality...

It's like there is a new meaning for immorality

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Ideadoctor(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Lol... That same old line that y'all used on Igbos if u run out of ideas... Is that ur best shot cheesy

For ur info, the only place most Edo people go to in South West is lagos and as at now, it is majorly populated by all tribes which contributed to its development and not Yorubas alone..

Lemme use ur logic... If ur South West is that bad... Why will ur people rush to Edo to be selling agbo... Is our place Dubai?
you got me laughing here,why won't we sell you agbo?you need our agbo to cure all your inherent stupidity and madness, hope those agbos are not too expensive, because those agbos are way effective

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Nigeria's National Anthem In Igbo Language / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest / The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.