Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? (8091 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car / Men,would You Allow Your Wives Have Their Own Capital Investments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 3:48am On Jul 02, 2007
hehehehe.
demonstrate a free kick ke? that's hecka funny. all these arm chair analysts sef. they are as unathletic as ever but will use mouth only to play the whole game. grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 02, 2007
spoilt:

hehehehe.
demonstrate a free kick ke? that's hecka funny. all these arm chair analysts sef. they are as unathletic as ever but will use mouth only to play the whole game. grin

the more reason why the baby must as a matter of necessity be your responsibility during the championship and should Nigeria fail to win the cup please allow for another one month of mourning. thank you.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by MP007(m): 4:27am On Jul 02, 2007
to scared , u know, shit happens
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by omogenaija(f): 5:37am On Jul 02, 2007
MP007:

to scared , u know, shit happens

@ least u know ur limits
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2007
kellorah:

i wonder! angry

BTW, i don't like the way u said he looked at u when u asked him to carry the child, BOTH of yous child. na wa. some people sef! angry

true talk

spoilt:

what difference does it make? carry her, hold her,back her, just take care of the damn baby without making a[b] fuss[/b].

What is this one getting all excited about ? What has warranted using the words damn and fuss now ? People are trying to have a discussion here and all you want to do is act belligerent. This is a woman who claims to be a mother acting like this.

I guess you can take someone from the gutter but you can't remove the gutter from the person.

*rolls eyes and hisses*
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 5:43am On Jul 03, 2007
@ madam tonim
i see you put emphasis on words i didnt put emphasis on in my original post. quit doctoring my posts for me and trying to make them bigger than what they really are. its quite obvious you arent endowed with any dry wit to call your own if the humor eluded you. Also im very sure you dont want to leave the matter of discussion at hand and make this thread about my alleged motherhood. seriously, i wont play that game with you. if you want to trade words go to the tribal marks thread. you can froth there. grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 6:33am On Jul 03, 2007
I just thought you wrote like someone with no home training; you know, like I said earlier, someone from the gutter and I would've expected someone calling herself a mother to act as such. Your conduct was not lady-like at all. When you are done writing your garbage, you put this - " grin " at the end. Who are you fooling ?

Anyway, back to the topic.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Texcee(f): 6:49am On Jul 03, 2007

well how often do u see dudes backing babies ? u should have just told him to carry her

Exactly !  African men usually don't back babies.

@tonim, I have gone through the thread and I really don't know why that girl responded with such a filthy attitude unprovoked. You see these types of girls all over Nairaland, they just write anyhow as if they have a beef with you or something. Parents really have to instill manners in their kids' upbringing.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 6:51am On Jul 03, 2007
Texcee:

Parents really have to instill manners in their kids' upbringing.

Amen to that cheesy
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ tonim
 if you don't like something or anything i post on nairaland. you are more than entitled to say so .afterall wouldnt it be more than absurd if we all agreed? but  bringing in "someone who calls herself a mother ' or "this is someone who claims to be a mother" is taking it some where else. i don't recall ever discussing my motherhood personally with you. i don't even know you. like you don't know me.( thank goodness)

often times on nairaland we have self righteous people trying to object to a post and who end up using even stronger words than the initial post they were trying to object to.

all this lack of hometraining and gutter talk and unladylike nonsense you are stirring up is uncalled for. i sense you are quick with your tongue and want to fight. go to the yoruba tribal marks thread. its happening there. join them.
this is my last post to you and my last visit to this thread because seriously i already told you im not playing this game with you.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by ghengis(m): 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2007
Me, i would carry my baby on any part of my body, except disallowed by law.

@Tonim and Spoil
Women!!! Wen una go change?!!!
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by chiegemba(f): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2007
@topic; dont c any crime in dat though. but i guess d mentality of our men {some} its more like an insult or an abomination 4 them 2 do so. Its like d culture had set it 2 b but not necessary it should b dat way.

In this present time of ours it doesnt matter wat sex one is. once a job needs 2 b done it sure should b done irrelevant of wat d sex is. wink
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2007
spoilt:

@ tonim
  if you don't like something or anything i post on nairaland. you are more than entitled to say so .afterall wouldnt it be more than absurd if we all agreed?

The point is not whether I agree with you on an issue or not. The point is how you conducted yourself. You were very abrasive for no reason as a lot of other uncultured girls are on nairaland and that is what I am drawing your attention to.

spoilt:

all this lack of hometraining and gutter talk and unladylike nonsense you are stirring up is uncalled for. i sense you are quick with your tongue and want to fight. go to the yoruba tribal marks thread. its happening there. join them.

I can't help but speak the truth even if it hurts. The way you conducted yourself reeks of someone that wasn't brought up right.

spoilt:

this is my last post to you and my last visit to this thread because seriously i already told you im not playing this game with you.

Again, don't feel offended because I pointed out your inability to conduct yourself in a respectful manner. Start acting like a role model to your child; post like a decent human being while on nairaland. That's all I am saying.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2007
spoilt:

what difference does it make? carry her, hold her,back her, just take care of the damn baby without making a fuss.  grin

@ tonim
first of all. this is my unaltered original post which you cant seem to get over.
i believe i used a strikethrough on one of the words in question. but you edited that for your own purpose. and you made them bolder to emphasize words which werent emphasized. and please what is wrong with the word fuss that it upsets you so much?

this simple post which you have exaggerated and made bigger than life has caused you for whatever reason to start blabbing and mouthing off about me not being a role model for my child and me not acting like a mother and me claiming to be a mother and me supposedly being a mother and all kinds of yakkity yak imaginable.

in trying to object to my post you have used even worse language .just disguising it as advice. unsolicited advice.

i said i wasnt going to get into a confrontation with you. i honestly wasnt. but how did this thread divert from a man carrying his baby anyhow he wanted as long as he was carrying her to start questioning my motherhood skills and telling me to be a good example for my kid and telling me i lacked home training and good up bringing,telling me how i dont conduct myself in a respectful manner and how i was abrasive and uncultured like a lot of girls on nairaland and how i was from the gutters and all kinds of unwarranted judgements? how did all this bogus talk even come in? ontop this simple post?

the irony of all this is that you dont even know me from adam.or eve for that matter. how is it even possible to come to all these conclusions?

i believe many had posted after me and saw the humor i was trying to put across. it obviously eluded you and you decided to latch on it and pick a fight. are you one of those who arent happy on a thread unless a feud starts? obviously!

in trying to object to my post, you have gone over and beyond your limits and have crossed the line.
i dont know who you are and not that i care but you keep hammering on how truth must be told? what truth? the truth only you sees ? would you know truth if it came and smacked you in the face?

lastly you dont know what my family life is like. you just dont have a clue what i do in my home or what goes on in my home. you just dont know. sitting at your computer, passing judgements and making accusations and drawing weak conclusions. questioning someones parenting skills or example is a sensitive matter . and i would advice you that next time you leave it alone. leave it alone. especially as you dont know the person in question. as to advicing me to start acting like a role model for my child. i would tell you that you shouldnt give advice about what you know nothing about.
i would advice you to leave my mothering skills alone and quit disrupting the thread. you've made it clear you didnt like my post. its ok with me. seriously it is. just leave my motherhood out of this. how did it even come in? i beg you with everything you hold sacred. you dont know me. you only know what you think you do. which seriously is abstract.

i wasnt going to respond to you anymore but i couldnt let you go on mouthing off. (you probably wont stop!)

@ original poster. im sorry for the diversion to your thread. i really am.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2007
@spoilt

I am going to repeat myself however many times it'll take for it to hit home, stop writing trashy to people when no one has done anything to warrant it.

The way you conduct yourself here without a doubt mirrors the way you conduct yourself in real life. You are a mother for goodness sake, act like a responsible adult. The reason we have all these kids today acting mannerless is because of the parents they look up to. Act like a decent lady so your child can follow you in your footsteps.

I know you are used to expressing yourself however way you please - notably like someone from the gutter, but once you become a parent, that has to change because you now have someone looking up to you. Believe me, I wouldn't spend this much time emphasizing this if you weren't a parent. You have already grown up to be a mannerless adult, now lets make sure the young offspring doesn't grow up acting mannerless too.

I can't help but speak the truth no matter how much it hurts.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Amigoz(f): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2007
Hello my good people. Many thanks to all of you that have contributed, my husband and I have learnt a few things from you and we have taken on board some of your comments.  May God continue to Bless and Enrich ur Wisdom in Jesus Name - Amen.

@ Spoilt and Tonim

Pls ladies, I beg u in d name of God, there is no reason for this.  We are all here to learn from each other and not to make enemies of each other.  Pls forgive and forget.

@ Spoilt
No reason to apologise my sister, I do understand wot you are saying.  How is my little one doing?
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by ghengis(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2007
@ Tonim and Spoilt
Didn't you guys hear me the first time? this is the kind of thing that if u did in my secondary school, you'll be crawling in the gutter for days. This is one of the reasons i wonder wat material women are made from,
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2007
This was the initial post by GNature:

This was my exact point omogenaija. I'm glad to see a lady shares the same point of view as mine wink

and this was the post that spoilt made right after this:

what difference does it make? carry her, hold her,back her, just take care of the damn baby without making a fuss.

I don't know what was offensive about the post that preceeded spoilt's that warranted such an erratic response. When I read further and learnt that she was a mother, I thought it was very unfortunate. If she writes so mannerless unprovoked, how would she write if someone actually provoked her. She needs to stop acting like she was raised in the gutter and be a role model to her child.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2007
@tonim, spoilt responded that way because I had a different point of view than hers. It's just that simple.

I have been on a thread with her in the past where she acted in a similar manner. It is so unfortunate that she'll conduct her self as such.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2007
GNature:

@tonim, spoilt responded that way because I had a different point of view than hers. It's just that simple.

That is exactly what I am getting at, someone who calls herself a mother should not act so abrasive just because someone has a different point of view than hers. All this damn and fuss - for what ?

GNature:

I have been on a thread with her in the past where she acted in a similar manner. It is so unfortunate that she'll conduct her self as such.

We women always want men to treat us with respect, but a lot of us don't conduct ourselves in a respectable manner.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2007
Tonim:

That is exactly what I am getting at, someone who calls herself a mother should not act so abrasive just because someone has a different point of view than hers. All this damn and fuss - for what ?

We women always want men to treat us with respect, but a lot of us don't conduct ourselves in a respectable manner.

You are so right my sister. Please just let the matter go so the thread is not derailed wink

@topic, i apologize for going off topic.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2007
ghengis:

@ Tonim and Spoilt
Didn't you guys hear me the first time? this is the kind of thing that if u did in my secondary school, you'll be crawling in the gutter for days. This is one of the reasons i wonder what material women are made from,

dude you are so funny. What do material women have to do with this now  grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2007
you guys are taking a mere response too far.

@ Tonim,
Your grievances are noted but it will interest you to note that sometimes cultural differences do paly a huge part in how many of us approach issues. To the typical American there is absolutely NOTHING in spoilt's post that warrants raising any eyebrows and would be considered normal by all standards.

If the words "damn" and "fuss" are getting you agitated, what will you say when you come across those who use much worse swear words? Besides "fuss" is not even a swear word at all. I'm sure she said meant that in a light hearted manner but you've blown it way out of proportion and in doing so killed whatever interest there was in this thread.
Even though you have tried to be careful in your choice of words, you have shown yourself to be a much more abrasive individual. It is one thing to correct someone but to question her motherhood, my dear it is unacceptable and much worse than what you were even complaining about in the first place. Let those of us who live in glass houses learn how to throw stones.

And NO i do not know spoilt from Adam. Just leaving my two cents.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2007
Well david,

spoilt's post was written right after mine and I felt it was totally uncalled for. I didn't think what I wrote warranted such a response. People cannot express their views without being addressed anyhow.

I have seen how you yourself have gone after people like omo eko on a different thread because of this. If people want to be respected, they should learn how to respect themselves whether one is male or female.

Was tonim right in questioning spoilt as a mother ? No
Did what I wrote warrant such a response from spoilt ? No.

that's my 2 cents.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2007
@ Tonim
     i took precious time out the last time to let you know why i thought  you are in no place to judge me. you keep singing on and on like a mantra about my motherhood. people would be misled to believe that you know me personally.(which you dont!)  i really dont fall for feuds on threads but when the post is directed at my person then i feel its necessary to respond. i would have let it go but now you want to involve my role as a mother?

in my posts to you i have never been abusive. just trying to let you know that you dont know me like that. you dont even know me at all.

while on nairaland its ok to disagree. debates get heated. really heated. horns lock. but as long as you are thrashing out the topic, thats fine.its nothing personal. should never be anything personal and should never be taken personal. but its not ok when one party diverts and starts attacking anothers character and being judgemental. that is pushing the limits.

you have descended to calling me someone from the gutter.you have called me every name in the book. lacking hometraining, un ladylike, abrasive, not being a good role model for my kid, and everything in between. you have got to be kidding me! are you for real?  are you always this quick with your judgements? what was in that post that warranted this avalanche?    your attitude doesnt show you as having the virtues which you are preaching about at all. not at all!

do you sum people you dont know and have never met up and start giving unsolicited advice? do you usually try to hit below the belt just for fun?  i had to go through some of your posts on nairaland and sister you are in no way shape or form in the position to throw stones. do you always pick faults and judge others so harshly? you really do seem quick to judge and draw inferences. you know nothing about me and my child. you have harped repeatedly on and on in all your posts about setting a good example and blah blah.
like i said before you dont know me. you can object to my post.seriously thats fine by me. just leave my motherhood out of it. quit harping on it. we have never met and probably will never meet. and oh,drawing your inferences on the internet is big time folly.
@gnature. my post came after yours but i wasnt directing it at you. just so you know.
@Amigoz
the kid is doing just fine.thank you.  i apologize again. dont even know how this discussion came about.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 05, 2007
@ GNature,

you are right but ndo, take it easy and let it pass. Yep Omo_eko had it coming for a long time. wink
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2007
davidylan:

@ GNature,

you are right but ndo, take it easy and let it pass. Yep Omo_eko had it coming for a long time. wink

lol. happy july 4th.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 05, 2007
same to you GNature, God bless the USA. One day i shall be proud to be an American.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 1:22am On Jul 05, 2007
true talk my brother. People come here from all over the world and have an oppotunity to make something of themself as long as they are willing to put in the hard work. The country is not perfect, but it is a really great country.

God bless the USA.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Tonim(f): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2007
I still maintain that people that call themselves mothers should act like role models so their kids can follow in their footsteps.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Texcee(f): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2007
Women and their drama. Only God can save them.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by nnada(f): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2007
I DONT THINK IT IS WISE TO TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO BACK YOUR BABY,WELL IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU RELATE BUT IT IS NOT WISE TO SAY THAT TO HIM.YOU SHOULD GIVE HIM HIS THE RESPECT AS A MAN, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT MEN NATURALLY HAVE EGO,SO NO MATTER WHAT, EVEN IF HE IS NOT THE BREAD WINNER YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS TO HIM.SO KNOW AS A WOMAN THERE ARE SOME WORDS YOU DONT USE FOR YOUR MAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More News On The Youngest Couples In Town / She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her / What Do You Love Most About Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.