Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ (61413 Views)

Scents Of Lust / Captives Of Lust / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2021
The soil was muddy, the rain had stopped, the weather was cool and pleasant,the atmosphere smelt fresh, Oyeku could perceive the wet leaves and fruits that had felled down the bush path,he parted shrubs and bushes with his hand as he ventured to Dede's grave.

He had got to the burial site,the whole site had become bushy,thanks to the stick that he used as a means of identification, he would have pass the site,because it looks different now.

He started uprooting the weeds and shrubs, until the whole place his cleared,he could see the grave now,just as he had left it,he could not believe that Dede is inside this place, inside the cold earth,oh! he missed her,her childish comments, her innocent smiles,he couldn't believe that he won't see her again forever .

He sobbed, he missed Dede, he really missed her,he felt like, exhuming her to give her a hug,but he knew that is silly,he won't see Dede,but a decaying termite infested,stinking body.

He cried out loud and purged out his heart;

Oyeku: (silently in tears) Dede am sorry, I am very sorry, Oyeku is really sorry, oh! Dede, I missed you, I missed you( he cried out bitterly) I missed you Dede, I would not forget about you, I will never forget that there is somebody called Dede, listen to me Dede, I promised you that I will return you home, yes I will,I would take you home before I come join you where you are,I will take you from this place and bury you at Usimalo with your parents, okay,( he wiped away his tears) Dede, now go rest, go meet your comrades in the land of the dead, go meet oya and let her guide you to your new home, stop wandering this wicked world, please, go home, don't forget,Oyeku would take you home and he shall never forget you, thank you! I thank you ( he stood up and turn his back to her grave, he walked some few meters and then turn to look at her grave again ,he felt peace inside of him, he felt calm,he could feel the gentle breeze, telling him to cheer up,Dede is calmed now,he could feel it,he could feel her smiling at him with tears in her heart, telling him farewell,he could feel oya taking her hands as she lead her to the cross over the river of the dead, he smiled and resume walking home).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by oloyedprince1(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2021
thank you for the update
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2021
Deolu had got to Oyeku's hut,but instead of seeing Oyeku, he saw an old man sitting at the front of the hut, he was chewing stick to clean his mouth,the man had seen them too,the man looked at them strangely, his stares were deep and piercing, he could feel his thoughts been read, he could feel everything about him been exposed.

He had got close to him now, he could see him spit out the saliva in his mouth, preparing to answer his greeting.

Deolu: good morning baba

Ayeni: (he relaxed his back against the hut wall) good morning, young man,where are you off to at the cool of these weather?

Deolu; (smiling politely) I am a stranger in this land,I only came to see the Ekun, but I don't know the way to his palace, so I decided to ask my good friend,Oyeku to show me the way.

Ayeni: how did you know Oyeku? since you are new in these land.

Deolu: oh! I am sorry, I have been here before, I got acquainted with Oyeku, he was a good boy, he sheltered us from the rain that day,and since then we had became friends.

Ayenisad he returned his chewing stick back to his mouth) how is Ari faring?hope he is in health?.

Deolu couldn't believed what he just heard, how did he knows that he knows Ari, Wait, hope he doesn't know he is a Prince, who is this man? surely, he is no ordinary man,now he had to be ready to tell this man the truth, because, this man seems to know everything about him already.

Deolu: he is fine

Ayeni: ( he stood up and moved closer to Deolu) wait for my son Oyeku to come back, then he will show you the way to the palace, you can seat( he pointed at the seat) you and your men, be comfortable, he would soon be back( he walked towards the door of the hut,then he stopped and look at Deolu, straight in the eye) Tell Ekun exactly how it is,tell him of the treachery and the deceit,surely you may be able to save little .( he entered the hut, Deolu and his men watched him go with their mouth wide open as they feel the awesomeness and mystery of the man,he had hear about clairvoyancy but he hadn't experience it before, today, he had confirmed it and he will never doubt it again).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by oloyedprince1(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2021
chai bro..... the way you write is more than any stories that I have read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2021
oloyedprince1:
chai bro..... the way you write is more than any stories that I have read
really? oh! I am really happy to hear this,thank you very much,I am encouraged, update is coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
Arore was stressed out,she lay beside Maku on his mat inside his hut at Aro. They had left the Oluweri river at ibiru, now they are at home, Maku is sleeping at her side,munching his mouth as he slept, he looked funny with the way he munched his mouth, Arore could not help smiling.She remembered how they had journeyed back to Aro.

They had sighted the dark cloud bringing along rain,there was no shelter around, so they knew they had to hurry home, they can make it home before the rain comes,but because of Maku's condition it was impossible, she thought of a way out but there is none.

Then she decided to break the barrier of time and space, she would break the rule of this dimension, although she hates to do it,sometimes when she does it she feels dizzy and nauseous, sometimes she just collapse, sometimes she travels wrong, like finding herself in a big sea.

She prays that the journey would end well,probability of accident is high,but they had no choice now.

Arore: we can make it home, through the river,come with me( she helped Maku get up).

legun: (confused) there is no canoe, how would we go to Aro through this river?, moreover, this river does not reach Aros border,so what are you saying.

Arore: We would go through the water.

Maku: you mean,we would swim?

Arore: no!, just let go you will see( he took his hands and they walked down into the river).

Legun: ( doubting as he follow them) if you mean we would travel to Aro through this river,you are wrong.

Arore: ( she faced Legun) the same way you doubt whether I gave you pebbles or money, but you still return with food.

Legun: but this is different

Maku: ( he faced Legun) if you can't travel with us through the river,you can take the road.

Legun thought about how absurd it is,he wouldn't stepped into the river and waste his time, the rain is almost here,he would rather take the road, but he would wait for his Majesty to realize that there plan is useless before he leaves,he can't leave his Majesty behind, he would wait for him.

Arore led Maku into the river,they stood at the middle of the river,the water rose to Maku's shoulder and Arore's neck.

Aroresad shouted to Legun) are you coming or not?

Legunsad sarcastically) I wish you safe voyage( he waved at them and fold his arms).

Aroresad she faced Maku) hold your breath,( she pulled his head and made him submerged and then she submerged after him, then she pulled him out of the water, behold, they are inside the stream at Aro, they are at Aro,Maku was stunned he couldn't believe it,they are at home).

Arore hurriedly dragged him out of the water as Maku continued to look at her like a mor0n,she was happy that there was no accident,the trip was successful and neat,she had to get Maku home, and she had to see her mother quickly, she would be very worried about her,she remembered Legun,well, she wish wish him safe voyage too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by royalguy123(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
The ideadoctor is like I can't get enough of this your updates .
you're my MVP this period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Muzil: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
I was forced to login just to appreciate you.
I used to be a ghost reader but I can't do without appreciating you.
You've lit up my day with your interesting story.
I am sorry I disobeyed the 18+ cause I am just 13.

2 Likes

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by bekinyaro: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
Receive additional 5 years for your comments!!

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Muzil: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
More strength to your fingers OP

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Muzil: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
Although it's a story, I wish Ogbo all bad things that can happen to a man

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Muzil: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
I have dropped my thanks and it's time to logout

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
Muzil:
I was forced to login just to appreciate you.
I used to be a ghost reader but I can't do without appreciating you.
You've lit up my day with your interesting story.
I am sorry I disobeyed the 18+ cause I am just 13.
wow, thanks muzil,honestly, I love your confession,I am highly encouraged, thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Muzil:
More strength to your fingers OP
Amen, thanks
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
royalguy123:
The ideadoctor is like I can't get enough of this your updates .
you're my MVP this period
Thanks royalguy123, you are always behind me to cheer me, I appreciate
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Lakesc: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2021
Thanks for the update... Its really sad what happened to dede, atleast, she will rest now. For a first timer, i would say u are beyond average, & ur knowledge of tradition & custom is really commendable. Keep it up.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lakesc:
Thanks for the update... Its really sad what happened to dede, atleast, she will rest now. For a first timer, i would say u are beyond average, & ur knowledge of tradition & custom is really commendable. Keep it up.....
*jumping around happily* thank you very much Lakesc,this comment is previous to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ayo5991(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
Tnx u for d update oh,I am following

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ibunkun1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
You are doing well

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2021
The Ekun's palace.
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by divinelypruned(f): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
Op, more grease to your elbow, enjoying your story, hope you won't slack later like other writers

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by oloyedprince1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
we never see any update ooo
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Vidamia(m): 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
oloyedprince1:
him don join the league
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
divinelypruned:
Op, more grease to your elbow, enjoying your story, hope you won't slack later like other writers
thanks miss,sorry for the delay in update, I am getting really busy lately,preparing for school resumption on Monday.
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
oloyedprince1:
be patient please, I am very busy these days,in fact, with all these business, there is less inspiration, bear with me bro, I will drop updates soon
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Vidamia:
him don join the league
what league?
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
The Ekun palace

The spies had arrived, they had just returned from Oyo, they are here with the news,Ekun was sitting on his throne, his war chief and the information chief were the only one present.

Ekun ( to the spies) go ahead with the news.

First spy: ( he prostrated) live long your Majesty, my Lord, there is trouble, within four days Oyo men would cross the stream and bring war to us,my lord, the way I saw them preparing, it as if they are planning a war of extinction.

Ichendu: what do they say we do?

second slave: I don't know, but Oyo is really raging right now.

Ekun knew it,he knew it will come to this, he had always tried to avoid trouble with Oyo for the sake of his people, but now what he feared most has happened, the chicken had swallowed the needle.

Oyo's don't wage war of extinction except they are severely provoked, why would they want to attack and wipe out Aro, for sure it can't be because they sacked usije and usimalo, Oyo don't care much about people who don't share their blood, so why?.

Ekunsad he stood up from his throne and paced around the court room,he faced the information chief) go announce to our people about the news,and make sure you inform the other chiefs to come for meeting tonight.

Ichendu:my king, let your mind be at peace, we will survive this, don't blame yourself your Majesty, and don't blame the people, it was circumstances that birth all these,no matter how hot a iron redden with heat,it will later cool, we just need to put our heads together your Majesty.

Ekunsad he shook his head sadly) Things will never be the same again.

2 Likes

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
Deolu had Left the hut with Oyeku, they are on their way to Maku's house, Deolu had thought it to be wise to first confirm Maku's death before heading to the palace,they walked carefully as they avoided the muddy paths.

Oyeku could sense urgency and anxiousness in the tone and mood of these men, where are they from? what is their mission? why do they want to see Ekun?he question himself in his mind, hope he is not accommodating spies?.

He observed the men well,ever since they came, they had partly cover their face,a sign of secrecy, they are hiding something, the more he thought about these, the more he became prepared to tackle these men if they proof themselves to be foes.

He suspected that these men are Oyo, their accent,there manner of approach, and their disposition, he was convinced that they are oyos, but he must confirm this, if they are really Oyo, then they had come to do evil or to spy, the thought made Oyeku to be afraid at the same time angry.

They had gotten to Maku's hut, they could see a young beautiful lady,trying to make fire from the earthen stove, she was busy try to fan the flame with her mouth,smoke was everywhere, she succeeded in making the flame, then she gently settled a pot on top of the stove.

Arore tried to reduce the irritation in her eyes,the smoke is just too much,she had been busy ever since she came from ibiru, trying to treat Maku's wound. She had tried her best, but the wound was not healing, she had cooked a lot of herbs to treat the wound, but the wound was getting worse all the way.

She knew Maku would not survive the wound, he would die,that is the reality. She had been counting days and this night would be the last night for Maku to live. She had weep anytime the sunsets, oh! Maku.

No he mustn't die,she can't bear it,she had thought it over and she had concluded, she would sustain him by her Ashe, she would die if she does so,but it is better of her to die than to live without Maku, she had wept bitterly, the only thing that will make her death painful is the grief that her mother will have to bear for life,there would be no child to bury her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Ideadoctor(m): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
Deolu had Left the hut with Oyeku, they are on their way to Maku's house, Deolu had thought it to be wise to first confirm Maku's death before heading to the palace,they walked carefully as they avoided the muddy paths.

Oyeku could sense urgency and anxiousness in the tone and mood of these men, where are they from? what is their mission? why do they want to see Ekun?he question himself in his mind, hope he is not accommodating spies?.

He observed the men well,ever since they came, they had partly cover their face,a sign of secrecy, they are hiding something, the more he thought about these, the more he became prepared to tackle these men if they proof themselves to be foes.

He suspected that these men are Oyo, their accent,there manner of approach, and their disposition, he was convinced that they are oyos, but he must confirm this, if they are really Oyo, then they had come to do evil or to spy, the thought made Oyeku to be afraid at the same time angry.

They had gotten to Maku's hut, they could see a young beautiful lady,trying to make fire from the earthen stove, she was busy try to fan the flame with her mouth,smoke was everywhere, she succeeded in making the flame, then she gently settled a pot on top of the stove.

Arore tried to reduce the irritation in her eyes,the smoke is just too much,she had been busy ever since she came from ibiru, trying to treat Maku's wound. She had tried her best, but the wound was not healing, she had cooked a lot of herbs to treat the wound, but the wound was getting worse all the way.

She knew Maku would not survive the wound, he would die,that is the reality. She had been counting days and this night would be the last night for Maku to live. She had weep anytime the sunsets, oh! Maku.

No he mustn't die,she can't bear it,she had thought it over and she had concluded, she would sustain him by her Ashe, she would die if she does so,but it is better of her to die than to live without Maku, she had wept bitterly, the only thing that will make her death painful is the grief that her mother will have to bear for life,there would be no child to bury her, the thought was painful, or how would Maku bear the grief too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by daddio(m): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
You are doing well bro, more please, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ideadoctor:
thanks miss,sorry for the delay in update, I am getting really busy lately,preparing for school resumption on Monday.

We understand, hon. Just keep up the good work, okay?
Re: Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
I love your story. Seems you're a Nollywood fan... It's really bad I didn't get used to fixing my eyes on any Nigerian movies. But I can say this got my attention... kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Rhoda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.