Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Note 20 Ultra Lost - Technology Market (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Note 20 Ultra Lost (14358 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G For Sale(Limited Stock) / Samsung Note 20 Ultra 512gb / Samsung Galaxy Note 20 And Note 20 Ultra 5G UK Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by OVA200(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2020
seankafor:
Oh mehn, e sure me say the money this buyer has spent and is going to spend will amount or surpass the amount of the package itself..

Na the buyer I dey pity pass because I know he will be at loss the most.
And if he ends up calling the police or whatever on the two guys delivering and seller..
No be who call police dey always win case.. but shaa the matter go still tey for court..

If na me, I go count my losses and move on... Shit happens
So you are saying the buyer should hand everything to God and the seller should just enjoy the money upon say he is the one at fault.

Abeg don't bring that bad energy here.
Continue counting your losses till you eventually have nothing to lose anymore.

23 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by bobo65(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2020
OVA200:
I've done that before.
This is where you should have pick your point in the first place instead of saying they agreed on Omic office as the pickup station which the buyer denied with proof (the SMS).

By saying Omic office is the pickup station is like believing the seller (despite no evidence) and disputing buyer's side with his evidence.
In short that means you saying the buyer is lying.

Ok I get

What I meant it most Tlc deals have Omicpet's place as their pick up point.

We are waiting for Op to get on whatsapp.
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by bobo65(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2020
seankafor:
Oh mehn, e sure me say the money this buyer has spent and is going to spend will amount or surpass the amount of the package itself..

This is a very horrible statement to make.
If possible, delete the post
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2020
Reading some comments here I can't do but laugh, I remember sometimes around last year when I ordered for a romoss power bank, the seller sent it via a bus and I went there to pick it up but on my way back home, the power bank dropped and the coming car ram it, I picked up the power bank but already damaged. I don't have any single reason to call the seller because I already received the package and the fault is now on me not seller, but in dis case, buyer don't even see the phone talkness of receiving it. So you guys should count out the buyer here and talk to seller and shipper

16 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2020
selfmadeOLX:
Here is my verdict reading from all 3 sides;

Buyer paid for item

Seller confirmed and “used his preferred logistics company” to move item to buyer’s location

Logistics company used their preferred waybill method (options were not made available to buyer)

ITEM MISSING IN TRANSIT!

Buyer has no business with logistics company and/or waybill courier

Seller should refund or replace item

Seller should meet “his preferred logistics company” while they both put heads together to investigate the outcome and possible solution.

Life no suppose hard wink
Gbam!!

9 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2020
And for goodness sake dis guy sent 4k for shipping which we all know is reasonable enough from Lagos to ibadan via a standard logistics, so dis unnecessary questions you're asking him should not come up, seller already confirmed of receiving 4k so what next do you want the buyer to do again?
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2020
bobo65:

Exactly seller got a full address but told Omicpet to send to ibadan not to the address
so @bdemix confirmed of receiving the address and the date on that picture said 12/12/2020 which is last week Saturday and up till Tuesday the seller do not send back the money, which means he already agreed to doing the waybill, and seller sending his full address and 4k please you too can think about what he wants here

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by macbeyland(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2020
Harryfrosh:
Good evening everyone... I'm just really annoyed and angry right now because of what's going on between @bdemix and @omicpet.. Last two weeks ago.. I was scrolling the offerup thread and saw @bdemix post about Samsung note 20 ultra TLC 370k... I called him around 3am that day because I need phone urgently.. I talked to him that day about price and he insisted on the 370k... I said OK... I'll pay... And later asked him when the phone will land... Just to know maybe i can wait or not... He said in between two weeks... I said I have no option than to wait then... I paid him 70k and last week Saturday he called me that the phone is now in Nigeria and @omicpet will handle the waybill... I transferred the remaining balance of 300k... I now asked about the waybill bill... He said @omicpet company will handle that... I told him I'll like to know the actual price... So I can pay everything.. Then I went on to tell him I want home delivery.. Because I just moved to ibadan without knowing any place... And to also be on the safe side... He said Lagos to ibadan should be around 3k or 4k but maximum of 5k... I said OK... I sent him 4k... I was expecting home delivery... Then a man called me around 7pm yesterday.. The man said he was to deliver a package to me... I was really confused.. I called @bdemix just to confirm because I don't really understand... @bdemix said he was expecting the waybill number... And he also mentioned that to me yesterday morning when I asked him for any updates... He said he already sent 3k to @omicpet office and he'll call then in the evening to ask for the delivery number... Just for a public transport man to called me about the package... I said OK no problem... I went to challenge street spending #300 like 1 hour plus to my place.. I called @bdemix before going and getting there around 8:30pm yesterday evening... Driver is not there... I called him and he said he's still in elewe.. I don't know that place.. I asked around and they said elewe is in Lagos.. I feel angry... But I have 370k phone at stake... I told myself I'll wait... Around 9pm I called the man again and he said he was around ogere... I also don't know that place... I keep calling @bdemix to tell him what's going on and my displeasure about the situation... Around 10pm the man is no longer going through... I keep telling myself to wait.. Till around 12am and all the area is empty... Only me and I look for hotel around... The one available is occupied.. I don't just know what to do and I'm really scared... I was just thinking then I saw a filling station.. I walked in and explained what's going on to the filling station security man and the man pity my condition and let me in.. I sat on a bench till 4am I can't sleep because I'm really scared... Exactly 4am I called @bdemix to let him know I slept in the street... But he don't pick up.. I guess he was sleeping.. I called the driver and he went through... Hello sir... I slept inside filling station because of you yesterday and I was just crying on the phone because I've never expected that to happen to me at all... Sleeping in filling station... Empty place... The man said if I see him myself... I'll pity him.. He said he was robbed coming to ibadan.. I don't know what to say.. I called @bdemix again and he picked up dis time around 4:30am.. I explained everything to him on the phone and he told me not to worry that I'm safe... I said OK.. Already around 5am cap already moving... I stopped a cap and went back to my place... Around 8am the man called me again to come to the park.. I put on my clothes and board a cab again and on getting there.. I saw the man really damaged.. His car was also damaged like seriously.. I start feeling scared and nervous.. The man explained what happened to me how him and his passengers were robbed and injured... He now said my own package was stolen by the robbers... He said because the package is not that big.. He put it in front of the car and that's how the robbers was able to cat away the phone and other passengers phones and money... In dis junction, I don't know what to do or say because the man is really injured and his car is also damaged badly... I called @bdemix to explained and he said I should hold the driver responsible... That I should called police on him and all that... Me.. I don't want all dis stuff that's why I paid for home delivery and gave you my home address which you asked for... After all back and forth... I was able to invite some police to the discussion... The people around won't allow the police to do anything because they keep saying if the robbers killed the man like they killed a driver last week who will be asking questions... I called @bdemix and he said i should not agree and hold him very well.. But how na.. He now suggest using Army officers... I don't know any army here in ibadan... I called a junior brother who is army in Lagos and he called some of his friends in ibadan and they also showed up... When they arrived... They asked questions and they said all of us should go to where the robbery happened... We entered and on getting there... It's true robbers operate in the area over night... People around the area confirmed that and the person who towed the man vehicle also showed up that it's one of his friend that paid the man 20k towing money.. The army said we should go back and getting back... The oldest man among the army called me to corner that the situation now should be between me and those who sent the phone... He said I should call them.. I called @bdemix and he said I should call @omicpet and calling @omicpet he asked me did i paid for home delivery and I said yes.. He now asked if I sent my home address.. I said I sent it to @bdemix.. He then asked if I received a call about my package and I said a man called me around 7:30pm yesterday.. He now said since the man called me about my package and the phone already left his jurisdiction and the only thing for me to do is to hold the driver... The Army officer behind is really angry about that statement... But me.. I'm just tired... I don't sleep all night because of my phone and now the phone is nowhere to be found.. I now beg the man to calm down and help me because I'm really tired of everything.... He now went back to the driver to negotiate and the driver said he bought his car just few months ago via higher purchase and still paying debts monthly... But he should be able to pay 200k and keep paying 20k weekly.. The man... His wife and his two children are all crying.. The man said they paid him just 1k for the package... Remember I sent 4k for home delivery... I called @bdemix about it and he said the money is too low... But me I don't just know what to say again or do... I went back home and just trying to get some rest since yesterday.. But I've been trying to reach @omicpet since... Not picking up... And it's like @bdemix is also not ready to say anything about it... And to make things worse... The driver called me not long ago that his car dealer heard about the robbery and the man insist that he must pay his car money finish first and that he the driver will not be able to meet up with the phone money again... I called the army officers and they told me the case is between me and @bdemix and @omicpet that all of us should be able to reach agreement... I called @omicpet again not going through... I don't just have anywhere to than to create dis thread for others nairaland should also see to it and help out... 370k phone and 4k waybill and currently nothing to show for it

It is usually the responsibility of the seller to deliver item purchased to the buyer

Until a package gets to the buyer, the seller bears responsibility for whatever happens during transit UNLESS if a buyer suggests a delivery means different from what the seller normally uses, then if anything happens, the buyer bears full responsibility.

So in this case, if you paid for a safer means but the seller used his own method, the responsibility fully remain his.

In fact you have no right to even hold the driver because it wasn't you who transacted business with him. The seller was the one who got into a transaction with that driver.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by PotatoSalad(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2020
Came back to check if the issue has been resolved. Still on the back and forth nonsense. Smh

You put someone's life in danger by making him stay out so late in an area that he wasn't really familiar with, that he had to sleep at a filling station. What if he got jumped? This period that people would do anything to paint the town red this Christmas.

Mehn if I was expecting waybill number from you and I got a call from some driver asking me to show so so place, I go swear for you

Seller dey speak grammar cos him don receive full payment. Say na escrow hold money now, it'd have been a breeze.

Poor OP is still trying to be civil with you.

Customer satisfaction no dey dictionary of some sellers here. Once they receive money, tone changes. You hope on grace of God to get your item. They just want you to send confirmation that you've received the item so they can screenshot it and use to woo unfortunate customers.

The more time you waste, the more it affects the image of your business. As I don note your name now, even if you have the sweetest deal, I'll pass.
Accept full responsibility, refund the op his complete 374k, count your loss and move on.

OP you don't need to worry. Should the need arise, involve the police asap.

20 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Came back to check if the issue has been resolved. Still on the back and forth nonsense. Smh

You put someone's life in danger by making him stay out so late in an area that he wasn't really familiar with, that he had to sleep at a filling station. What if he got jumped? This period that people would do anything to paint the town red this Christmas.

Mehn if I was expecting waybill number from you and I got a call from some driver asking me to show so so place, I go swear for you

Seller dey speak grammar cos him don receive full payment. Say na escrow hold money now, it'd have been a breeze.

Poor OP is still trying to be civil with you.

Customer satisfaction no dey dictionary of some sellers here. Once they receive money, tone changes. You hope on grace of God to get your item. They just want you to send confirmation that you've received the item so they can screenshot it and use to woo unfortunate customers.

The more time you waste, the more it affects the image of your business. As I don note your name now, even if you have the sweetest deal, I'll pass.
Accept full responsibility, refund the op his complete 374k, count your loss and move on.

OP you don't need to worry. Should the need arise, involve the police asap.
imagine buyer sleeping inside filling station while the shipping company and seller sleeping on a good bed and after paying 4k for a good job

3 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Zino1011(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2020
R
Ipsum:
Since buyer hammered on home delivery & was promised a waybiill number according to him (Bus drivers don't use waybiill number), his only mistake was agreeing to have any form of contact whatsoever with the logistics company used because as far as I'm concerned he has no business with them whatsoever.

Even more so by the fact that he & the logistics company had no form of any prior contact or communication whatsoever from the very beginning, to when item was taken to the park etc.

Buyer should have just relaxed, contacted seller and allowed seller and the logistics company discuss, gloss over & nitpick on what the true technicalities of "Send of to Ibadan" truly means & the service his 3k payment covers.

The buyer should absolutely, I repeat, absolutely not be brought into that conversation at all, which he was never part of from the beginning. This is basic, basic, common sense.

Only discussion buyer should be brought in, is the final stage of resolution where the way forward will be discussed.
Been waiting for your response and as usual you no disappoint.Thanks
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 11:53am On Dec 17, 2020
The buyer been trying to civilise since yesterday and the seller and the shipping company are both taking it for granted, the buyer don't just want any trouble but a way forward but both seller and shipper are forming innocent. Very bad of you guys honestly

3 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2020
Harryfrosh:
Good evening everyone... I'm just really annoyed and angry right now because of what's going on between @bdemix and @omicpet.. Last two weeks ago.. I was scrolling the offerup thread and saw @bdemix post about Samsung note 20 ultra TLC 370k... I called him around 3am that day because I need phone urgently.. I talked to him that day about price and he insisted on the 370k... I said OK... I'll pay... And later asked him when the phone will land... Just to know maybe i can wait or not... He said in between two weeks... I said I have no option than to wait then... I paid him 70k and last week Saturday he called me that the phone is now in Nigeria and @omicpet will handle the waybill... I transferred the remaining balance of 300k... I now asked about the waybill bill... He said @omicpet company will handle that... I told him I'll like to know the actual price... So I can pay everything.. Then I went on to tell him I want home delivery.. Because I just moved to ibadan without knowing any place... And to also be on the safe side... He said Lagos to ibadan should be around 3k or 4k but maximum of 5k... I said OK... I sent him 4k... I was expecting home delivery... Then a man called me around 7pm yesterday.. The man said he was to deliver a package to me... I was really confused.. I called @bdemix just to confirm because I don't really understand... @bdemix said he was expecting the waybill number... And he also mentioned that to me yesterday morning when I asked him for any updates... He said he already sent 3k to @omicpet office and he'll call then in the evening to ask for the delivery number... Just for a public transport man to called me about the package... I said OK no problem... I went to challenge street spending #300 like 1 hour plus to my place.. I called @bdemix before going and getting there around 8:30pm yesterday evening... Driver is not there... I called him and he said he's still in elewe.. I don't know that place.. I asked around and they said elewe is in Lagos.. I feel angry... But I have 370k phone at stake... I told myself I'll wait... Around 9pm I called the man again and he said he was around ogere... I also don't know that place... I keep calling @bdemix to tell him what's going on and my displeasure about the situation... Around 10pm the man is no longer going through... I keep telling myself to wait.. Till around 12am and all the area is empty... Only me and I look for hotel around... The one available is occupied.. I don't just know what to do and I'm really scared... I was just thinking then I saw a filling station.. I walked in and explained what's going on to the filling station security man and the man pity my condition and let me in.. I sat on a bench till 4am I can't sleep because I'm really scared... Exactly 4am I called @bdemix to let him know I slept in the street... But he don't pick up.. I guess he was sleeping.. I called the driver and he went through... Hello sir... I slept inside filling station because of you yesterday and I was just crying on the phone because I've never expected that to happen to me at all... Sleeping in filling station... Empty place... The man said if I see him myself... I'll pity him.. He said he was robbed coming to ibadan.. I don't know what to say.. I called @bdemix again and he picked up dis time around 4:30am.. I explained everything to him on the phone and he told me not to worry that I'm safe... I said OK.. Already around 5am cap already moving... I stopped a cap and went back to my place... Around 8am the man called me again to come to the park.. I put on my clothes and board a cab again and on getting there.. I saw the man really damaged.. His car was also damaged like seriously.. I start feeling scared and nervous.. The man explained what happened to me how him and his passengers were robbed and injured... He now said my own package was stolen by the robbers... He said because the package is not that big.. He put it in front of the car and that's how the robbers was able to cat away the phone and other passengers phones and money... In dis junction, I don't know what to do or say because the man is really injured and his car is also damaged badly... I called @bdemix to explained and he said I should hold the driver responsible... That I should called police on him and all that... Me.. I don't want all dis stuff that's why I paid for home delivery and gave you my home address which you asked for... After all back and forth... I was able to invite some police to the discussion... The people around won't allow the police to do anything because they keep saying if the robbers killed the man like they killed a driver last week who will be asking questions... I called @bdemix and he said i should not agree and hold him very well.. But how na.. He now suggest using Army officers... I don't know any army here in ibadan... I called a junior brother who is army in Lagos and he called some of his friends in ibadan and they also showed up... When they arrived... They asked questions and they said all of us should go to where the robbery happened... We entered and on getting there... It's true robbers operate in the area over night... People around the area confirmed that and the person who towed the man vehicle also showed up that it's one of his friend that paid the man 20k towing money.. The army said we should go back and getting back... The oldest man among the army called me to corner that the situation now should be between me and those who sent the phone... He said I should call them.. I called @bdemix and he said I should call @omicpet and calling @omicpet he asked me did i paid for home delivery and I said yes.. He now asked if I sent my home address.. I said I sent it to @bdemix.. He then asked if I received a call about my package and I said a man called me around 7:30pm yesterday.. He now said since the man called me about my package and the phone already left his jurisdiction and the only thing for me to do is to hold the driver... The Army officer behind is really angry about that statement... But me.. I'm just tired... I don't sleep all night because of my phone and now the phone is nowhere to be found.. I now beg the man to calm down and help me because I'm really tired of everything.... He now went back to the driver to negotiate and the driver said he bought his car just few months ago via higher purchase and still paying debts monthly... But he should be able to pay 200k and keep paying 20k weekly.. The man... His wife and his two children are all crying.. The man said they paid him just 1k for the package... Remember I sent 4k for home delivery... I called @bdemix about it and he said the money is too low... But me I don't just know what to say again or do... I went back home and just trying to get some rest since yesterday.. But I've been trying to reach @omicpet since... Not picking up... And it's like @bdemix is also not ready to say anything about it... And to make things worse... The driver called me not long ago that his car dealer heard about the robbery and the man insist that he must pay his car money finish first and that he the driver will not be able to meet up with the phone money again... I called the army officers and they told me the case is between me and @bdemix and @omicpet that all of us should be able to reach agreement... I called @omicpet again not going through... I don't just have anywhere to than to create dis thread for others nairaland should also see to it and help out... 370k phone and 4k waybill and currently nothing to show for it
This isn't fair at all.
The shipping guys (Omicpet) should be held responsible for this because you paid for home delivery and they promised to send a waybill number.
Why would they send the item through public bus knowing fully well they don't offer security and also waybill number for tracking items?

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Harryfrosh:
and funny enough none is ready to come to a middle ground on what to do or way to go...
Guy, Omicpet's office is at Pako bus stop, few minutes away from Unilag second gate at Yaba.
Go there with police officers or army if need be, let them arrest anybody they see in that office.

You paid for HOME delivery not PARK delivery or pick up. This is so unprofessional of Omicpet and bdemix.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Simran94:

Guy, Omicpet's office is at Pako bus stop, few minutes away from Unilag second gate at Yaba.
Go there with police officers or army if need be, let them arrest anybody they see in that office.

You paid for HOME delivery not PARK delivery or pick up. This is so unprofessional of Omicpet and bdemix.
my sister even if the buyer don't state how the delivery should be, @omicpet as a company should know better, the buyer don't even see the package with his eyes, what if he also said all the guys staged the whole robbery thing? If he already received the phone and then the robbery happened, then he will have to count his loss but the buyer still don't see any package @bdemix and @omicpet should do the needful

3 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Rexraph18(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pls you guys should find a way to resolve this issue asap..

Having read and re-read through this thread from 3am, Buyer is not at fault in anyway, from every indication, the seller is clearly the one at fault.

Omicpet isn't at fault either cos he acted on the instructions from sellers "send to ibadan" he wasn't briefed on any previous delivery arrangements which buyer and seller discussed which seller is obviously doing a good job in denying as there are no proper documentation of evidence enough to prove.

This is simply a case of seller not wanting to shoulder the loss,
Imagine the pain the buyer must have gone through already, risking his life,, the shattered expectations (having gone ahead to buy every necessary accessory he needed to enjoy his phone to the fullest).

Pls I implore the seller bdemix to make it right by harryfrosh and replace the device or refund him.

Thats the most humane thing to do, for everyone's sanity..
In business, you can't win all the time, loss some win some.. our prayers be say make winning pass losses.

Nb: My 1 kobo contribution.

3 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
Raymondj0:
my sister even if the buyer don't state how the delivery should be, @omicpet as a company should know better, the buyer don't even see the package with his eyes, what if he also said all the guys staged the whole robbery thing? If he already received the phone and then the robbery happened, then he will have to count his loss but the buyer still don't see any package @bdemix and @omicpet should do the needful
Why would anyone call themselves a Logistics company if all they do is send items to the park for bus drivers to deliver?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by gameboy727(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
If only there was a way to get the records of the calls, we go know who dey lie.

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
sirlop:

You don’t just lay unnecessary blames without hearing from both sides. Anytime I insist on using Driver, Omicpet always warns me it’s at my own risk. Sometimes, I take the risk. After reading through, all I have to tell the buyer is to hold the driver responsible. Communication was established between driver and buyer. How come only his item was stolen? I suspect the driver. He has questions to answer
Why was the buyer not told by the so-called logistics company of the method in which his phone would be sent?
Why was he not informed of the risk involved?

4 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
gameboy727:
If only there was a way to get the records of the calls, we go know who dey lie.
you can go through seller and shipper message to see they all confirmed of receiving money from the buyer and which buyer do not receive any package, so I don't need anyone to tell me the buyer is innocent here
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Raymondj0: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
Funny people everywhere, some are trying to justify the seller and shipper act. Hypocrisy full some people life, some can do anything to get their money back even if it is 5k package and 1k waybill but will be here dropping blame game on the wrong person
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by BoluwajiPieters: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
The seller and Omcipet are just lucky the buyer is keeping his cool and not calling some extreme shots and they're taking advantage of his coolness for stupidity.

The seller, Omcipet and probably the driver should work on a good compensation plan for the buyer.
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
bdemix:
I didn't have any prior discussion with him about home delivery and waybill fees. I didn't receive any SMS from him.. when I called him his item had arrived, 304k was sent and of which our previous agreement was 300k. I called him immediately that I received alert of 304k and he said the extra 4k is the waybill fee to ibadan.. I didn't promise him any waybill number. I only asked him on phone his full name which I told him that his phone number will be added for delivery to Ibadan. I was now baffled that he came online to tell all these lies about me

Below screenshot is our little conversation on whatsapp
From the screenshot of the SMS the buyer posted, it means you two spoke about home delivery on phone and then you asked him to send his home address to you which he DID and now you are saying you didn't receive any SMS.
SMH

A few people have had some issues with you before on the dispute thread and since then I just dey Waka pass your name on OfferUp thread.

I swear you are lucky because the buyer is really calm with you.

3 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Fran6ik: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
My conclusion on this

1. Buyer paid full cost for the item

2. Seller used Omicpet as courier

3. Buyer didn't recieve the item.

Verdict:

Seller should contact Omicpet to inquire why Buyer never received the item and both party ARRANGE for a visible settlement with the Buyer.

If been delayed, Buyer should report Seller to law enforcement agents and ensure he gets a FULL refund.

No stress or stories of what went on

Note: If he never paid full cost, will seller ask him to pay more without receiving the item?
If No, same reason stands for him being REFUNDED or SETTLED.

14 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by gameboy727(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Raymondj0:
you can go through seller and shipper message to see they all confirmed of receiving money from the buyer and which buyer do not receive any package, so I don't need anyone to tell me the buyer is innocent here

Seller keeps denying that they ever spoke about home delivery, even though buyer has shown proof that he sent home address to the seller. The call records will reveal if that conversation was held or not. At this point I really don't want to side with anyone, even though I feel sympathetic to the buyer for the suffering he was put through waiting for a package that never came.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by macbeyland(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Protein0:
I will implore Bdemix and Omicpet to come up with refund to this buyer and move on. Shit happens.
Buyer has absolutely no wrong that can be pinned on him and thus should not be made to bear from the loss, unless he willingly offers to forgo part.
In the event that a resolution like this is not reached, buyer should hold the seller who should hold omicpet who should in turn hold the driver who should in turn hold the robbers. Of course, the grounds for all but the first holding are debatable.
It's all shades of wrong to ask buyer to hold driver, he simply has no direct business with the driver.

Going forward
1. I will advise that sellers decline delivery outside their store/warehouse if they are not willing to take responsibility for what happens in transit or issue a caveat to the buyer at that point but I doubt buyers will be aware that they're bearing logistics risks and still go ahead with purchases. The moment you accept to arrange delivery to buyers, it's either item gets delivered intact or you refund the buyer so far buyer use your recommended delivery method. I've personally done this both as a seller and as a buyer on several occasions.
2. Omicpet should work on insurance per item and let clients pay certain % of item value for this. Any client who declines cover accepts whatever happens in transit. GIGLogistics does this. He should also state his terms of service to clients before accepting tasks. Those who are cool with it will deal.
Gbam! Gbamer!! Gbamest!!!

This matter is a simple one and shouldn't be complicated.

Being an online seller, there are responsibilities you MUST bear.

1) That items paid for get to the buyer.
2) That you're solely responsible for how item gets to the buyer.
3) That you bear full responsibility when item doesn't get to the buyer.

If you can't afford these, simply open a shop or outlet where customers can come in themselves to pick up items.

If a buyer goes to slot to buy a phone and after paying, (maybe while slot officials are packaging the item paid for) armed robbers enter slot and steal all the items there, where on earth will it be said that the buyer will bear the loss?

The golden rule of all transactions is that value MUST get to the buyer before a transaction can be marked as completed.

17 Likes

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
bobo65:
Points to note

1) omic was not given an address, he was told to send item to ibadan

2) seller told buyer that he is sending item to omic office, item successfully got to omic office, it's buyer that now "begged seller to help him deliver it to ibadan"

Please let's all calm down and understand this case
@bdemix should be asked if he received the text message of the buyers address because he already sent his own proof of sending a message containing his home address to him.

@bdemix is at fault here
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by wolextayo: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Harryfrosh:
What a sad experience. Pls hold the omicpet and bdemix responsible. Take necessary legal actions. They can't run forever. For the fact that you requested for home delivery and they use a park is enough to sue them.
But above all pls always use escrow for tlc deals. If Dem no gree person wey go gree go come. It's better to lose 2% than lose 100%.
I wish you all the best man.
Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Rexraph18(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
See ehn,

Buyer was not in a haste to get a phone hence he bought as TLC. Which takes in some cases 2weeks or more.

From the chats so far, he paid full cost and paid extra 4k for waybill to buttress the point he wasn't in a rush to get the phone. 4k for waybill meant he was willing to wait another 3-4days for registered parcel.

Also, from his explanation, he called bdemix and was told he will receive phone by weekend..
Why now go ahead to send phone Tuesday evening.

This might ring up the idea of having an ulterior motive from the seller.

Seller keeps saying they didn't discuss delivery method, baba for a phone of 370k (gotten as TLC) means say the price pass that amount wella for naija market, and at so the screen should it crack due to rough handling by drivers (you should see where some of this drivers keep phones for safety on the way, i have seen a driver bring out phone from inside his spare tire compartment shocked) costs well over 100k to fix.

Couldn't you just use a means that had insurance just incase anything happens during waybill.

Mehn, sometimes people act in a manner undeserving of a human being.

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by Fran6ik: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fran6ik:
My conclusion on this

1. Buyer paid full cost for the item

2. Seller used Omicpet as courier

3. Buyer didn't recieve the item.

Verdict:

Seller should contact Omicpet to inquire why Buyer never received the item and both party ARRANGE for a visible settlement with the Buyer.

If been delayed, Buyer should report Seller to law enforcement agents and ensure he gets a FULL refund.

No stress or stories of what went on

Note: If he never paid full cost, will seller ask him to pay more without receiving the item?
If No, same reason stands for him being REFUNDED or SETTLED.

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by bugatti02(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seconded... buyer has nothing to do with all the stress..... I didn't get my item, refund me should be the discussion now... Not even trying to blame buyer for pay 4k and asking to refund 1k talks.
Joeysage:
This situation is really terrible and heart wrenching. I'm not done reading but let me just drop this here.
A few years back, I paid Noobody for an AIN Lenovo k5 Pro. The phone was taking too long to arrive and after expressing my concerns he informed me that the item was lost in transit. He also told me that he'll go to the company (GIG) to go about getting the money back. I really don't know how he went about it till date, but he's the one who refunded my money and I doubt they had paid him for the loss then.
My points are: That the seller cannot wash his hands off this situation as it seems he is trying to.
No matter how you look at this, the seller will go about the refund process or recovery of the money from Omicpet if he(seller) didn't default on agreement.
As a matter of fact, logistics company(Omicpet logistics) and seller should liaise on how to compensate buyer. Not all these subtle hand-washing that seem to be going on here sad sad

1 Like

Re: Note 20 Ultra Lost by wolextayo: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Op. Pls this matter is very simple.
You as the last receiver of this package , did you receive anythjng? No!
Locate your seller and arrest him. He will in turn know how to get omicpet.

The main message here is that you didn't receive anything regardless of any mean you guys agreed on.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Cheap Affordable Uk Laptops For Sale / Cookers & Home Theatre Systems For Sale - Great Quality @ Great Prices! / HP Pavilion Dv6000 Laptop (dual Core Processor) Windows 7 Pro (wireless) Webcam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.