Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3480759 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) ... (3730) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
Geovanni412:

Bro, what's your take on the volatility at the moment? where are we heading towards?

Long $20,300. But ensure you use SL right behind entry. As many are still afraid in the market

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
Deflover has disappeared for a while

9 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Lonestar124: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Titanium001:
Oops!
Well, you're on lno now.
Word of advice tho: you need an abundance of patience to make it in anything crypt0
Yeah, I just want to invest some coins and forget for many years......am not trading sha

Thanks for your advice...

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by altcoinng: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fed raised its key rate. Bitcoin fell below the $19,000 level

On Wednesday, September 21, the U.S. Federal Reserve (Fed) raised its key interest rate by 75 basis points at once, to 3-3.25%. The cryptocurrency market reacted by falling.

“The central bank is committed to maximizing employment and inflation at 2% over the long term,” the Fed said in a statement.

The agency will also continue to reduce its holdings of Treasury and mortgage-backed securities, as well as its debt. The Fed once again noted the global economic difficulties.

Against the backdrop of the news, the price of bitcoin fell below the $19,000 mark. At the moment, bitcoin prices are down to $18,666.

Most cryptocurrencies from the top 10 by capitalization were in the red zone. XRP (-3.1%), Cardano (-0.8%) and Ethereum (-0.7%) lost the most during the last 24 hours.

According to CoinMarketCap, the total capitalization of the cryptocurrency market is about $920 billion.

In March, the Fed raised its key rate to 0.25-0.5% for the first time since 2018. The local cryptocurrency rally continued until April when bitcoin and Ethereum reached annual highs.

In May, the Federal Reserve raised the rate again – by 50 bps. Bitcoin surpassed the $40,000 mark on the back of the news but failed at the $36,000 level on the same day, which was the beginning of a prolonged correction.

In June, the Fed raised its key rate by 75 bps for the first time since 1994. The rate reached the 1.5-1.75% level and bitcoin reacted with a brief rise to $22,000 and then collapsed below $18,000.

The July rate hike to 2.25-2.5% led to a rise in the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin then surpassed the $22,000 mark and Ethereum surpassed $1,500.

At the end of August, bitcoin reacted to the speech of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell by falling below the $21,000 level.

https://altcoin.ng/fed-raised-its-key-rate-bitcoin-fell-below-the-19000-level/

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Yellowblack: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
altcoinng:
Fed raised its key rate. Bitcoin fell below the $19,000 level

On Wednesday, September 21, the U.S. Federal Reserve (Fed) raised its key interest rate by 75 basis points at once, to 3-3.25%. The cryptocurrency market reacted by falling.

“The central bank is committed to maximizing employment and inflation at 2% over the long term,” the Fed said in a statement.

The agency will also continue to reduce its holdings of Treasury and mortgage-backed securities, as well as its debt. The Fed once again noted the global economic difficulties.

Against the backdrop of the news, the price of bitcoin fell below the $19,000 mark. At the moment, bitcoin prices are down to $18,666.

Most cryptocurrencies from the top 10 by capitalization were in the red zone. XRP (-3.1%), Cardano (-0.8%) and Ethereum (-0.7%) lost the most during the last 24 hours.

According to CoinMarketCap, the total capitalization of the cryptocurrency market is about $920 billion.

In March, the Fed raised its key rate to 0.25-0.5% for the first time since 2018. The local cryptocurrency rally continued until April when bitcoin and Ethereum reached annual highs.

In May, the Federal Reserve raised the rate again – by 50 bps. Bitcoin surpassed the $40,000 mark on the back of the news but failed at the $36,000 level on the same day, which was the beginning of a prolonged correction.

In June, the Fed raised its key rate by 75 bps for the first time since 1994. The rate reached the 1.5-1.75% level and bitcoin reacted with a brief rise to $22,000 and then collapsed below $18,000.

The July rate hike to 2.25-2.5% led to a rise in the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin then surpassed the $22,000 mark and Ethereum surpassed $1,500.

At the end of August, bitcoin reacted to the speech of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell by falling below the $21,000 level.

https://altcoin.ng/fed-raised-its-key-rate-bitcoin-fell-below-the-19000-level/

Abeg summarize na pump we dey expect or dump??

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by altcoinng: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fed press release

Recent indicators point to modest growth in spending and production. Job gains have been robust in recent months, and the unemployment rate has remained low. Inflation remains elevated, reflecting supply and demand imbalances related to the pandemic, higher food and energy prices, and broader price pressures.

Russia's war against Ukraine is causing tremendous human and economic hardship. The war and related events are creating additional upward pressure on inflation and are weighing on global economic activity. The Committee is highly attentive to inflation risks.

The Committee seeks to achieve maximum employment and inflation at the rate of 2 percent over the longer run. In support of these goals, the Committee decided to raise the target range for the federal funds rate to 3 to 3-1/4 percent and anticipates that ongoing increases in the target range will be appropriate. In addition, the Committee will continue reducing its holdings of Treasury securities and agency debt and agency mortgage-backed securities, as described in the Plans for Reducing the Size of the Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet that were issued in May. The Committee is strongly committed to returning inflation to its 2 percent objective.

In assessing the appropriate stance of monetary policy, the Committee will continue to monitor the implications of incoming information for the economic outlook. The Committee would be prepared to adjust the stance of monetary policy as appropriate if risks emerge that could impede the attainment of the Committee's goals. The Committee's assessments will take into account a wide range of information, including readings on public health, labor market conditions, inflation pressures and inflation expectations, and financial and international developments.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/monetary20220921a.htm

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
Siberia01:
Deflover has disappeared for a while

What do u want me to do

I don say wetin go happen
Market dey do am and bounce
Why not wait to see if it doesn't
Abi I go put my hand for market draw am down
Make una dey grow up na
Na trading be dis not competition

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kcprince: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Seems we could go down like deflover said. Although I doubt we will reach 14k. I think 16k is more realistic

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by altcoinng: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Yellowblack:

Abeg summarize na pump we dey expect or dump??

A dump

the market won't recover until mid-2023

the fed is fighting aggressively against inflation, so we should expect more interest rate hikes till the end of the year.

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
kcprince:
Seems we could go down like deflover said. Although I doubt we will reach 14k. I think 16k is more realistic

At least u see the down I have been speaking since
Nice one cool

14k is not a straight jacket target
We have to take out 11k level on Nasdaq to achieve that
So I am watching
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
altcoinng:

A dump

the fed is fighting aggressively against inflation, so we should expect more interest rate hikes till the end of the year.

Now u see the dump
We are all agreeing.
Good news
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
It's not a competition
If I dey talk for here make una dey listen
I don't need to wait for news to see what will happen
VSA is a bad trading system
If u sabi am
Things go easy to see for market
Now we all are agreeing
This is nice

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Yellowblack: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
altcoinng:

A dump

Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
kcprince:

If we go down, anything is possible. Ordinarily, whatever was announced at the FOMC conference was supposed to weaken the us dollar index rise. I was cautious and wanted to wait till 7 pm plus before entering my trade because I knew that the dollar index was overbought at that area. In spite of that, the correction only lasted few hours ,I haven't seen a thing like this before.
The dollar is the strongest it has been in over 20 years - let that sink in for a while. Currencies against the dollar like eurusd are chasing lows they have not seen in over 20 yrs. The last time gbpusd traded where it is currently was in 1985 - who was trading by then for here?
My prayer is that the Nigerian economy can, somehow, survive this global economic tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by NotBeenPaid: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2022

Should I trade off my BNB?

Somebody should please advise me.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Geovanni412:

If we go down, anything is possible. Ordinarily, whatever was announced at the FOMC conference was supposed to weaken the us dollar index rise. I was cautious and wanted to wait till 7 pm plus before entering my trade because I knew that the dollar index was overbought at that area. In spite of that, the correction only lasted few hours ,I haven't seen a thing like this before.
The dollar is the strongest it has been in over 20 years - let that sink in for a while. Currencies against the dollar like eurusd are chasing lows they have not seen in over 20 yrs. The last time gbpusd traded where it is currently was in 1985 - who was trading by then for here?
My prayer is that the Nigerian economy can, somehow, survive this global economic tsunami.

grin grin grin grin

When I said hell is real
U all thought I was joking
U are seeing a dollar like never before
cheesy grin

U ain't seen nothing yet
Wait till 11k nasdaq is taken out
A new wave of sell will hit btc and all coins
cool

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kingsteve:

Just as expected...interest rate is increased by 75BP, which the markets had already priced in.
Expect some upward movement of BTC and altcoins price from now on.
Even if there should be a decline, also expect the 18.2k support to defend the bear attack!
Currently BTC price is gradually going up.
A nice time to go long for some decent gains.

I've already opened a long in Shiba!
Market crash?
What market crash?
cool

Bro, this looks like it could dip more before it finds any potential support. 1038 might hold if buyers appear and hold it for over 8 hours. I don't know what price you got in at sha. On a lighter note, I understand why u no wan play futures -- the sharp moves on days like this can be damn scary even when one is risking 1-2 percent of their capital.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Should I trade off my BNB?

Somebody should please advise me.

grin

Why una no dey hear word
If with all I have been saying
U moved it to usdt
At least u will be OK
But u all are too emotional
Buy buy buy is all u want.
Well if u can wait it out
Stay with it
Bur be ready to see red like never before
Or move to usdt and lick ur wounds kiss
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Born2conquer: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
I know that some people traded news
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2022

Has anyone noticed that Deflover is becoming a cancer in this beautiful thread

Oh gush

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lrman(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
deflover:

grin

Why una no dey hear word
If with all I have been saying
U moved it to usdt
At least u will be OK
But u all are too emotional
Buy buy buy is all u want.
Well if u can wait it out
Stay with it
Bur be ready to see red like never before
Or move to usdt and lick ur wounds kiss

This is unnecessary...

His question was that " should he trade his BNB off".....he asked for advice, not insult....you must not respond to every post....you were not the only one who saw the post , others saw it and ignore because there was no advice to give , it is better than replying him with unnecessary talks..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Chikacha: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
altcoinng:

A dump

the fed is fighting aggressively against inflation , so we should expect more interest rate hikes till the end of the year.

....inflation that Putin is now causing deliberately.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
lrman:

This is unnecessary...

His question was that " should he trade his BNB off".....he asked for advice, not insults....you must not respond to every questions asked...

U Don come again
Everything na insult to u lots
Oga free me abeg
Advice him na
Technical advisor
Shabi u dey among those wey make dem no dey listen cos una dey drag say btc go fly
Help am now
Put hand for market
Make u drag am up

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
Chikacha:

....inflation that Putin is now causing deliberately.

Putin did nothing.
America shot itself on its toe
U don't sanction who is bigger than u
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lrman(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
deflover:

U Don come again
Everything na insult to u lots
Oga free me abeg
Advice him na
Technical advisor
Shabi u dey among those wey make dem no dey listen cos una dey drag say btc go fly
Help am now
Put hand for market
Make u drag am up

How old are you though, I would be shocked if you are 18+..you don't often have conversations maturely like an adult.....

If he should sell off his BNB , what has whether btc go up or down has to do with selling off his coins...can't he sell off even in a bear market ?? Can't he sell off in a bull market too??..so what is your point exactly??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by doyin01: 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
deflover:
It's not a competition
If I dey talk for here make una dey listen
I don't need to wait for news to see what will happen
VSA is a bad trading system
If u sabi am
Things go easy to see for market
Now we all are agreeing
This is nice

If you dey talk , make we dey listen.. but you talk say bitcoin go reach 14k since June...nothing happened....only for you to later come out to say you forgot you said it......bro do you smoke colorado?? You often behave like someone who takes it..

It is better to keep quiet and make people assume that you have little/tiny sense , than for you to spit gibberish and make them discover you are daft...

And when they tell him to come and put money where his mouth is , he will claim he does not gamble... grin grin grin oya let them donate the money to charity whoever wins...he still chickened out..Because he is aware that nothing is always certain on the market ,so all his useless bragging na for him pocket...he knows he might lose the bet...

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
When u are done ranting
U rest OK
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by doyin01: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
deflover:

U are a funny person
U just go bring US gas news
To suit ur narrative
Wetin concern gas with bitcoin grin grin

You believe nothing concern the price of gas with the crypto market but you believe nasdaq concerns crypto..you are truly a fish.....is that the nonsense thing you teach them in your book... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Let the bear begin
Good night all
wink wink
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
doyin01:

If you dey talk , make we dey listen.. but you talk say bitcoin go reach 14k since June...nothing happened....only for you to later come out to say you forgot you said it......bro do you smoke colorado?? You often behave like someone who takes it..

It is better to keep quiet and make people assume that you have little/tiny sense , than for you to spit gibberish and make them discover you are daft...

And when they tell him to come and put money where his mouth is , he will claim he does not gamble... grin grin grin oya let them donate the money to charity whoever wins...he still chickened out..Because he is aware that nothing is always certain on the market ,so all his useless bragging na for him pocket...he knows he might lose the bet...

You know whether deflover na obedient ? Dem no dey give shishi but at least Peter Obi dey try give charity. Deflover ,show charity love na- dem no dey spend this money at all grin

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by doyin01: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Geovanni412:

You know whether deflover na obedient ? Dem no dey give shishi but at least Peter Obi dey try give charity. Deflover ,show charity love na- dem no dey spend this money at all grin

grin grin grin grin Abi oooo..anyways I like to read his comments.. it always crack me up...the guy na serious case.....dem suppose get "slap" button for nairaland...so I will be dashing him "slaps"..

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by deflover(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Geovanni412:

Boss I loyal
I be obi small
But I no trust the system for now
If him win I will be happy
But the system is rigged against us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) ... (3730) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: SINisSIN(m), TotallyBelieve, Deasegun19(m), Lordofcruise, iLegendd(m), olushollys(m), StrafordSTONES(m), LandMann and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.