Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3300335 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (3645) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2021
Dramadiddy:
this is a game of patience. If you don’t apply patience in your trading, you’ll always lose.

Hehe... It's surprising what some folks see crypt0 as. Some just gamble their money to the market.

If betece drops to 6k today, nobody will come and ask if they should buy.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2021
coolfredo:
so then how do de know which is higher

I'm confused. What's the question exactly?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by coolfredo(m): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

I'm confused. What's the question exactly?
. I mean how do they know which is performing well
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2021
coolfredo:
. I mean how do they know which is performing well

You study their trend and avoid buying the tops.
If you're confused, stick to betece or eith until you learn the ropes
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by coolfredo(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

You study their trend and avoid buying the tops.
If you're confused, stick to betece or eith until you learn the ropes
let me send u dm. I would love u to tell me which coin is likely to make good run as am planning on investing in crpt this year i have plans on puting part of my income to it every month let say $150 every month n observe how it run
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 24, 2021
You guys be careful of Luno. They are thieves. How can i be locked out of my account. I cant login or attempt to change password. They are thieves, be careful
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2021
EseAbed:
Are withdrawal charges on Binance usually this high? Abi I'm doing something wrong?? Cos #300 for 5k is much o !!

Bundle was charging only #50 for every withdrawal to bank account
I have a bundle account but haven't traded there, is the site good? What are the pros and cons please?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2021
bradwilli:
You guys be careful of Luno. They are thieves. How can i be locked out of my account. I cant login or attempt to change password. They are thieves, be careful

Did u exceed ur limit or wat happened exactly??
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:06am On Jan 24, 2021
coolfredo:
let me send u dm. I would love u to tell me which coin is likely to make good run as am planning on investing in crpt this year i have plans on puting part of my income to it every month let say $150 every month n observe how it run

No offence intended but I would rather discussions are done here. Others can scrutinise opinions shared and also share their views. Also, people with similar questions will ot ask it again.

I'd answer your question
That is a sensible way to get in as you average your buy price over time and also, with time you know when how the market runs. For coins to buy this way, I would say 70% betece and 30% eith. It's upto you but advisable you limit it to those two.
You can follow the market and start when you make up your mind but I'm guessing you would do that at peak euphoria and complain about the next bear cycle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2021
coolfredo:
so then how do de know which is higher . I currently bought eth at $55 someone that intro me into it said it more or less nothing considering that 1eth is $1300 i was worried

You currently bought eth at $55?? In which market??
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by coolfredo(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

You currently bought eth at $55?? In which market??
i dont understand sir
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2021
coolfredo:
i dont understand sir

You said you "currently" bought it at $55, when we all know the current price is around $1300 per 1.
So, i wanted to know which jazz you used to buy it at $55. Remember the key word "at".

Unless you mean you bought a $55 worth of eth. If that is the case, then, we all need to pay attentions to our grammar.

One of the things that attracted me to page was the Op's ability to correctly and unambiguously express himself grammatically.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
DenreleDave:

Did u exceed ur limit or wat happened exactly??
i logged out and deleted the app cos i invested on long term. But i saw the gain was improving so i downloaded the app so i can sell, they refused me to login. Said my new login ip was different and that was the same phone i have been using. They prevented me from even changing password or anything. But after going to twitter to fight them and via email, i was able to change password and login.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
bradwilli:
i logged out and deleted the app cos i invested on long term. But i saw the gain was improving so i downloaded the app so i can sell, they refused me to login. Said my new login ip was different and that was the same phone i have been using. They prevented me from even changing password or anything. But after going to twitter to fight them and via email, i was able to change password and login.

Gun or cutlass

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
DenreleDave:

Gun or cutlass
grin grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JoelMurray2020: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Is dot likely to beat it's ath and make a good run anytime soon? The coin has been impressive in recent days, I'm tempted to hodl it for longer time.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

No one can tell. They all run and pullback at different times. Also, it's good to have a mix between majors to low caps.

I don't want to nane specific ones and people will run in cos I can exit them. But if I'd add my thoughs on some you listed, I'd say
Eith- always worth having
Link- due a good run
DOT- has gone from 4.5 to 20 in less than a month. If you're buying now, have a clear plan cos it'd have a heavy pullback soon
ADA- It may outperform eith shortly and I'm hoping to sell it into eith at a level
LTC- old guard... Good performer earlier on. Now lagging... It'd regain lost ground too.

My gameplay is to stack as much eith/btz as possible.

I follow their trends against eith or btz. Usually my gameplan is to flip early runners for late runners and take profits from late runners into fiat.

It's more complex as youre trading two volatile assets. I do it for certain pairs. Early this month wgen theta ran, I sold it into eith at a good rate. When eith ran, I made extra profits.

From your analysis I must say you are good in this crypto market

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by emijo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
Can somebody educate me about how this crypto works?
The best app to use and the least cash I can invest.
I’m a novice biko all these write ups sounds so foreign to me.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by elmas(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

Hmmm....
I think we need to make a post on 'how to buy betcoin'
P.s Be careful of spelling it out fully cos of antispambot

I'd take it you know the basics about betece i.e it being a digital currency with limited supply and increasing demand hence destined to rise with more adoption.

It's still relatively in it's early days hence volatile. People trade different timeframes to profit from thet volatility i.e day trade, swing (usually few weeks), high time frame (target major moves- we usually have 2 or 3 of these per year), hybrid (mix of the above), and long term investors who just buy and keep for a very long time.

Now,
1. What timeframe do you want to use?
2. Are you thinking of investing a very sum or do u want to start out with a smaller sum?
3. What percentage profit are you looking at making and over what period?
4. What's the max amount of loss you're willing to accept over that period.

Your answers to the above will determine what advice I'd give so I don't make things complicated.

1. Six months
2. Like 50k ngn
3. Like 50% if possible
4. 10%
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by elmas(m): 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

No offence intended but I would rather discussions are done here. Others can scrutinise opinions shared and also share their views. Also, people with similar questions will ot ask it again.

I'd answer your question
That is a sensible way to get in as you average your buy price over time and also, with time you know when how the market runs. For coins to buy this way, I would say 70% betece and 30% eith. It's upto you but advisable you limit it to those two.
You can follow the market and start when you make up your mind but I'm guessing you would do that at peak Euphoria and complain complain about the next bear cycle.

With the way you are explaining these Sir,
1. would it be wise to hoard betecee and eith
now? It seems it's at its peak now.
2. if possible for hw long?
3. Or should one have targets??
4. You mentioned in one of ur posts that one could still do Day trade with Ren, is this coyn better than xrpee and betcee, or is there any other coyn u could recommend? Thank you Sir.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

Option 2 playing out but seems betece is struggling to sell off to 30k.
I see altys coiling... If I was a day trader, this is when I'd start averaging in. If betece bounces here, then altys will go crazy.

BTW, I have a ridiculous amount of Link but I feel I'm underexposed... If not for trading principles, I'd have closed other positions and Linked up.... This stuff will easily reach 40 once betece settles

Aave also coiling... Not bad..

Who else is feeling same way?

I have to say I'm extremely impressed by your analysis, quiet articulated and intelligent analysis. I have never done anything gambling and really don't like it. For over 5years I was seeing cryptocurrency as gambling. This week a friend gave me a brief...4days now, I couldn't sleep...research and research. I have to say God bless you guys on this forum. In less than 4days, I've invested 120k in Betece, eth, chainlink and XRP. I've lost 6k especially on eth..I bought at 1400, bought Betece at 35k. Nevertheless, I'm not scared to loosing money, I want to understand the market and I'm also prepare for long time investment. It seem loosing in this market happens to impatient people and people who emergencies forced out.
God bless you guys. I'm following.

I very interested in day trading or picking up profit from low and rise of prices, where is the best place to learn in addition to here.

Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by eluedon(m): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
I just sign in on my Luno app, how do I create my btc wallet, what’s the next step somebody help me out
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by IamDavid(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
A lot of gurus in here... Thumbs up to everyone who has contributed. Can we have signals here? Signals with specified time frames cos I can see we have a lot of big men here

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EseAbed: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

I use it on sell orders as a form of risk management.

E.g you buy eith at 50, it goes to 100, you think it may still rise to 150 but want to protect your profit incase it drops.

You can use a sell stop limit. Lets say you put your stop at 88 and limit at 86.
The stop is the price at which your order is triggered. In this example it's 88. So if the price of eith drops to 88, your sell order becomes valid.
Limit- this is the least price you want to sell for. i.e once the price gets to 88, your sell order is placed but it wouldn't be sold for anything below 86. It's useful especially if you're selling large amounts, when there's huge volatility or in pairs where the order books are thin.

Take for example, you want to sell 5000 betece. Thats hundreds of millions, a limit order will prevent sharp price fluctuations

A simple stop or stop market order means that once your set price is hit, your coins are sold for whatever buy price is available

Another one not available on binance is a trailing stop loss. Here you can set it at say 90 when eiths price is 100. It'd keep following it forward at a 10 dollar interval but never goes back. E.g if eiths price rised to 120, your stop will become 110. If there's a pullback then, it'd be hit and not go back.

It's tricky knowing where to put your stoploss cos they're hunted. You don't want to put it too low and if you put it too close to market price, it'd likely get hit b4 any significant move hence you may buy higher at the end.

That said, there are different ways of risk management. Personally, in some market conditions I tend to use different ways. Now what I use is mainly taking profit on the way up

Ahh!! Thank you Sir..

So sorry for putting you through this stress.

Thanks once again, E just dey like say I don graduate from pre nursery enter nursery one cool

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Weirdgee: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
gamaliel9:
I deposited with Flutterwave on Luno and i paid #300 flat... no other deposit fees....
how much did u deposit that they charged #300?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Weirdgee: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
gamaliel9:
I deposited with Flutterwave on Luno and i paid #300 flat... no other deposit fees....
How much did u deposit that u were charged #300
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Anowax(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
jedisco:

My brother it's difficult to say... No one can time the top of a bubble and it's always better to take profits on the way up rather than be forced to sell on the way down. It's in bubble territory now and I'm only interested in taking profits and not long term plays.

I wouldn't advise to get in now... A good area may be a clean break and flip of the 19-20 level or wait for it at a lower level.

After annoyingly selling link early at 13 earlier this year (bought at 4 ish), I was confident to hold dot when it went from 4 to 10.

I had estimated 20 to be a top but the stuff is still showing strength and ready to rip.

There's something about round figures in this market... Most trend reversals occur at round figures. If it crosses 20, then 28-30 is an easy target...
Nobody cap pass you for this thread. I swear

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EseAbed: 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
TheZebra:

I have a bundle account but haven't traded there, is the site good? What are the pros and cons please?

Yea, it's quite okay! Their fees are damn low. But they've got lesser coins than Binance but more than Luno, They've not got an inbuilt graph/chart to study the market (Luno has this, Binance does too(even more advanced), The 'limit order', 'stop-limit' and 'OCO' are missing there also. These are the only things I've noticed since I recently just relocated to Binance. The Elders in the house can add more.

The only thing I did love and will miss although is their low charges!

A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
EseAbed:

Yea, it's quite okay! Their fees are damn low. But they've got lesser coins than Binance but more than Luno, They've not got an inbuilt graph/chart to study the market (Luno has this, Binance does too(even more advanced), The 'limit order', 'stop-limit' and 'OCO' are missing there also. These are the only things I've noticed since I recently just relocated to Binance. The Elders in the house can add more.

The only thing I did love and will miss although is their low charges!

A

It's okay, i was just after their charge rate. Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
What's the best thing to do when eith gets back to its ATH this week? For those aiming to take profits
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by billyG(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
Abeg SME can one trade cripto on Binance on weekends esp. Sunday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (3645) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: psalm68(m), Kobicove(m), DextrousD, BjaySexy(m), importnobl, Kingcr477(m), Ceasarceasar, Macktaob(m), lamborghinifcb(m), Superpack589, Jef4u, rilwan09 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.