Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,172 members, 7,849,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3422878 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (3703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Introvertmemer(m): 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2021
T
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
For those still in doge, it still holding the 21ema on the hourly. We saw what happened when it lost that of the 15min yesterday.

There's decreasing volume which is not the best...
In summary, it angling for small move up. IMO, anything between 0.063- 0.87 is a take profit zone

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2021
jedisco:

Hmmm.... To profit from a market, you have to understand how it works and why prices move.
Most shorterm prices and patterns are driven by human emotions and those emotions would continue to remain that way. Just imagine putting sugar for ants and how they'd behave.

If your emotions are not in check, you will 100% lose money day trading or swing trading anything.

From what you said, it's obvious that you kept buying more as the prices went higher. Lesson here, should have been the opposite

You are obviously very experienced and very intelligent. I pray new guyz in this forum never experienced what I experienced yesterday/today. If you will be wise, learn from me. Just as mentioned, I pull all my savings Eth, BTC and fiat in yesterday and got bunt. I truly did made good profit but greed and fatigue made me loss. I wouldn't have lost if I didn't overworked myself and nature/sleep stepped in. I thank God for the lesson learnt.

Jedisco I owed you a bottle of wine.

Thank you for the guidance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2021
jedisco:
For those still in doge, it still holding the 21ema on the hourly. We saw what happened when it lost that of the 15min yesterday.

There's decreasing volume which is not the best...
In summary, it angling for small move up. IMO, anything between 0.063- 0.87 is a take profit zone

Thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2021
kolagbemi:

You are obviously very experienced and very intelligent. I pray new guyz in this forum never experienced what I experienced yesterday/today. If you will be wise, learn from me. Just as mentioned, I pull all my savings Eth, BTC and fiat in yesterday and got bunt. I truly did made good profit but greed and fatigue made me loss. I wouldn't have lost if I didn't overworked myself and nature/sleep stepped in. I thank God for the lesson learnt.

Jedisco I owed you a bottle of wine.

Thank you for the guidance

You'd get it back but don't try to recoup all in a day. I'd advise to focus more on smaller but sustainable gains. Also, small caps are for quick bucks... they're used to build your betece or fiat holdings....
When the market turns, you'd be shocked at what alyts would do

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
jedisco:
I'm not happy the way some people view this space.
It's not quick money. You take it that way, you get burnt.

There's a reason I advised new folks to keep off day trading. By the time you understand what you're doing, half of your portfolio is gone.
If you've not witnessed a proper bear market and traded it successfully, you have no business day trading.

We're in a bullrun and new folks are rushing in with their money. It's very easy to say how 95% of new folks in this space will react to PA. We were all new once.
This market does not reward the obvious. To profit, you have to seek opportunities before they become obvious. When they become obvious, you focus on where to take profits. Alot of folks made tremendous money on doge yesterday. That profit did not fall from the sky. It came from inexperienced folks who bought their bags at high prices and are now stuck.

The market shows no mercy. Never forget that.
I keep mentioning betece and eith here but newer folks think they're boring and are more interested in 'shiny' stuff despite the fact we all know betece and eith will outperform those by far in the long run.
Have you ever asked yourself where the profits made in smaller caps come from?
When they pump, it usually signifies a turn in the market either back to betece or fiat. 1000 betece can easily pump most small caps... When it starts pumping, newbies run in and are dumped on.

A month ago, most people chasing alts now would have been buying betece at 40k and screaming alts are dead. This market does not reward the obvious

I can understand sir. You truly have thought and guide us well. Lesson learnt. Sorry for not making you proud yet.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
kolagbemi:

I can understand sir. You truly have thought and guide us well. Lesson learnt. Sorry for not making you proud yet.

Abeg ooo... I'm still learning...
I shared my mistake with doge in taking profits too early... Yesterday, I got 35% early on... Was looking for a re-entry which I missed... It went on to do 500% after that. Funny enough, I didn't feel anything. Before, I'd be so mad with myself. 35% was good on a small chunk.

I moved some of the profits into xlm. Got in with a smaller sum at 0.03, took some profits around 0.06 ish.... Still have a small chunk left which I'm not even bothered what it dose. I'd dispose it today..

That said, taking a second look at the hourly chart, a symmetrical triangle is forming.... Did a small trendline on my phone...
My plan would be simple... If it breaks to the upside, and confirms, I'd aim for around the higher values we got yesterday to exit. If it breaks to the downside, I cut.
It's resolution seems close... Let's see what the next 2 hours bring

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hadsty23(m): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Dbtcking... kindly share us your idea boss
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
I'm thinking... With the doge pump and subsequent microcap pump, I'm looking at two variables...
1. We're approaching a change in the trend of the market where money flows back to fiat/betece. For micros to pump, money should have flowed from betece, to majors (remember eith) down to them.

2. We're on the cusp of a major alt run.

I lean more towards the second given that alts have barely had a month to run compared to several months betece had.... If altys are to run, I expect eith to lead the way.
First and foremost, betece needs to hold the 33k-34k level as support before anything has a sensible run. It seems primed to do this
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
jedisco:

Abeg ooo... I'm still learning...
I shared my mistake with doge in taking profits too early... Yesterday, I got 35% early on... Was looking for a re-entry which I missed... It went on to do 500% after that. Funny enough, I didn't feel anything. Before, I'd be so mad with myself. 35% was good on a small chunk.

I moved some of the profits into xlm. Got in with a smaller sum at 0.03, took some profits around 0.06 ish.... Still have a small chunk left which I'm not even bothered what it dose. I'd dispose it today..

That said, taking a second look at the hourly chart, a symmetrical triangle is forming.... Did a small trendline on my phone...
My plan would be simple... If it breaks to the upside, and confirms, I'd aim for around the higher values we got yesterday to exit. If it breaks to the downside, I cut.

Nice one.

Quick question...do we have something better than a stop-limit that allows you to take profit at higher profits but never missed the limit point. Eg. I envisage a limit point of 50 but I will be able to take profit at any level above immediately there's downward trend?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2021
jedisco:
I'm thinking... With the doge pump and subsequent microcap pump, I'm looking at two variables...
1. We're approaching a change in the trend of the market where money flows back to fiat/betece. For micros to pump, money should have flowed from betece, to majors (remember eith) down to them.

2. We're on the cusp of a major alt run.

I lean more towards the second given that alts have barely had a month to run compared to several months betece had.... If altys are to run, I expect eith to lead the way.
First and foremost, betece needs to hold the 33k-34k level as support before anything has a sensible run. It seems primed to do this

I totally agree with you, I believe BTC will finally hold at that level.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2021
DOGE is doing everything to remain a big alt....we sha see
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by REUBEN010(m): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2021
I missed the party. Was busy with LTC not knowing a mega party is in progress with DOGE. This is the reason I like visiting this space on a daily basis.
Anyways, let me rent an apartment here so that I won't miss future signals.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by JoelMurray2020: 12:28am On Jan 30, 2021
It has history of being hacked. You don't want to leave your hard earned mili coins in there for long term. Anything can happen along the way.

"Hackers have stolen over $40 million worth of bitcoin from Binance, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges, the company said on Tuesday. Binance said the hackers ran off with over 7,000 bitcoin and used a variety of attack methods to carry out the "large scale security breach" which occurred on Tuesday.May 7, 2019" - CNBC's website

Ojemedad:

Does it mean binance is not secured?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Lordemperoris100(m): 12:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Please I notice you guys trade with /USD
my friend to registered me trade with BTC pair - Doge/BTC.
I'm confused, what's the difference?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Frezhkid10(m): 3:26am On Jan 30, 2021
Cc: jedisco
I just registered on binance and intend buying BTC...from explanations I got here..am to deposit money for just and then use to buy BTC.. but on my account am not seeing where to buy USDT..I got to where I was to purchase naira under fiat symbol..it asked me to transfer to an account number.. so my question is
Should I buy Naira fiat??..and after buying naira fiat..I buy usdt then beets..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by elmas(m): 4:28am On Jan 30, 2021
jedisco:

Let's clarify something, new folks should handle the euphoria of small coins doing such percentage with caution.
Doge usually pumps like this from time to time and ends up retracing the whole way.

I'd advise never to buy any coin that has done upto 100% in a week talkless of multiples of that in a day.

With all due respect, if you're thinking of getting into doge after >500% pump yesterday with multiple folks still trapped and looking for an exit, then your money should only be in betece.
There may still be opportunities in it, but if you're asking, you shouldn't be trading it.

OK boss
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cuteboy2: 4:44am On Jan 30, 2021
jedisco:

All we need is betece to hold.. it's hanging by a thin rope... It's tested the 30k level 3 times... I'm not keen on a 4th..

If Big B tests 30k a 4th time, could it possibly break the support and go down South ?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 4:49am On Jan 30, 2021
jedisco:

Update.... Closed outside triangle>>confirmed it as resistance>> dump.
Cut after closing outside... Ideally, one should wait for confirmation as resistance but I didn't see the need on this.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 4:53am On Jan 30, 2021
kolagbemi:

Nice one.

Quick question...do we have something better than a stop-limit that allows you to take profit at higher profits but never missed the limit point. Eg. I envisage a limit point of 50 but I will be able to take profit at any level above immediately there's downward trend?

Lol... Not come across that...but there are some trading bots...never used any

but then, how would you know when there's a downtrend... Even in an uptrend, there are always mini pullbacks here nd there.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 4:54am On Jan 30, 2021
kolagbemi:
DOGE is doing everything to remain a big alt....we sha see

Lets forget doge... It's going back to where it started from..folks have taken profits and dumped their bags... The market has moved....

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Frezhkid10:
Cc: jedisco
I just registered on binance and intend buying BTz..from explanations I got here..am to deposit money for just and then use to buy BTz.. but on my account am not seeing where to buy USDT..I got to where I was to purchase naira under fiat symbol..it asked me to transfer to an account number.. so my question is
Should I buy Naira fiat??..and after buying naira fiat..I buy usdt then beets..

Welcome to this space
First, ngn(naira)=fiat
Fiat is day to day money such as dollars, pounds, naira e.t.c. similar to stable coins.

Secondly, betece is a naira traded pair so you can buy with naira directly and not need to convert into usdt.

Third, buy purchasing naira, I guess you meant depositing naira. You can't 'purchase' naira. You can deposit, withdraw or sell some coins into naira.

Now on how to buy,
After depositing naira, go to the 'market' tab and search ngn. It'd show all the naira traded pairs. Select betece/ngn. Its there you can buy at market price.
After buying, it'd be in your wallet. You can then withdraw it out of binance if you choose to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:16am On Jan 30, 2021
cuteboy2:

If Big B tests 30k a 4th time, could it possibly break the support and go down South ?

No one can say, the market does its thing. We can only make predictions based on certain patterns

But generally, multiple touches of a support or resistance weakens it and 4th attemp is usually more probable to break. 'more probable'.... that's not saying it must break on the fourth attempt or it cannot breakdown before.

That said, I'm not interested in holding through a 4th retest. I'd likely selloff before then and see what happens there. I'm not expecting that to happen though.
Looking at the daily chart, betece broke back inside the 33k-38k range and has held 33k as support on yesterday's candle, though with much selling from the upside. For a bullish case, I expect that support to hold and propell it past 38k. Closing back inside the 30-33k range would be bearish for me.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 7:05am On Jan 30, 2021
jedisco:

Lol... Not come across that...but there are some trading bots...never used any

but then, how would you know when there's a downtrend... Even in an uptrend, there are always mini pullbacks here nd there.

Then, I feel the purpose of using Stop-limit to reduce your lost is defeated, if price never reach your Stop-limit.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Lordemperoris100(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2021
jedisco:

Lets forget doge... It's going back to where it started from..folks have taken profits and dumped their bags... The market has moved....

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 7:40am On Jan 30, 2021
Lordemperoris100:

The difference is based on each individual. What asset they have, what trading pairs they understand any and what they're more interested in accumulating. i.e betece or fiat
Also, I'd add... Let's take our mind off doge.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
kolagbemi:

Then, I feel the purpose of using Stop-limit to reduce your lost is defeated, if price never reach your Stop-limit.

You should raise your stop limit as price goes up or sell when your targets are hit or when the market is overheated
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Lordemperoris100:

You can trade with whichever coin you wish. I believe is a matter of choice and insight. The believe in stability of coin is one of the major reason. USDT/USDC are very stable that's why people use them. For BTC, lot of people are trading/converting to it because of the value and expectations on it.

Gurus In the house can expanciate more.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ronin1: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2021
JoelMurray2020:
It has history of being hacked. You don't want to leave your hard earned mili coins in there for long term. Anything can happen along the way.

"Hackers have stolen over $40 million worth of bitcoin from Binance, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges, the company said on Tuesday. Binance said the hackers ran off with over 7,000 bitcoin and used a variety of attack methods to carry out the "large scale security breach" which occurred on Tuesday.May 7, 2019" - CNBC's website

Funds are "SAFU"...also if Binance, being the biggest exchange with all their security and stuff still gets hacked, you think those wallets and other small exchanges you're sending it to are safe? They just aren't targeted as much. This is not to say you should leave your money with them, but understand that there's still a risk of losing it no matter where you move it, it's one of the risks of investing in crypto. At least Binance to some extent is backed in case of such events, how many of the other wallets and exchanges can you say are "safu"? Better invest in an offline wallet cos you're not safe anywhere online.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by luvlyoracle(m): 8:00am On Jan 30, 2021
Ronin1:

Funds are "SAFU"...also if Binance, being the biggest exchange with all their security and stuff still gets hacked, you think those wallets and other small exchanges you're sending it to are safe? They just aren't targeted as much. This is not to say you should leave your money with them, but understand that there's still a risk of losing it no matter where you move it, it's one of the risks of investing in crypto. At least Binance to some extent is backed in case of such events, how many of the other wallets and exchanges can you say are "safu"? Better invest in an offline wallet cos you're not safe anywhere online.
Boss.
Good morning.
What's your take on TWT... Trust wallet token
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2021
I'm taking a close look at XRP waxing strong despite the SEC problem

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2021
elmas:

You are dumping Exrp now?

Dumped doge early afternoon yesterday, some of my rip sold at 137 yesterday & some at 140 overnight

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (3703) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: iLegendd(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.