Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3352139 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:
Ibime you go finally see market buy oo.

I dey wait for KSM and BNB under $300

I no even get much time to look market today sef
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mokoshalb(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Is XRP a good buy right now

Cc ibime
Other contributors are welcome
No, and it is neither bad, it is just meeeh..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jacksparrow7(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2021
Hi. Could someone explain this thing for me.
The first and the second one, are different cryptocurrencys. smiley

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ykgold29(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
Is it okay to receive smart chain with my binance bep20 bnb address. Pls
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by maximizer61(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2021
[quote author=nwele2017 post=102142120]Hello everyone it's been here.
Today I will sharing with you all things to look out for before investing in newly minted coin

There is a lot number of tokens being released every day, lot of them land up on poocoin ape. However, over time, many of them get rugpulled or dumped, even after promising all the safety in their marketing posts or websites. For early investors, it is absolutely critical to do their own research before investing. And yet do it quickly, after all you do want to be an early investor.

Strategy: Here are the six key metrics, which I have successfully used in the past to evaluate freshly minted tokens:

1 Token Ownership: Whether there is an owner with special privileges over the token or it has been renounced by assigning contract ownership to a burn address. Keep in mind while renouncing ownership is a good practice, token developers (devs) can still hardcode privileges into their token contract.
2. Token Burn: The percentage reduction in available token supply by transfer to a burn address (typically 0x00..0 or 0x00..dead addresses which have no keys and cannot swap tokens). When devs burn tokens, they reduce their share and minimize the likelihood of a dump. The important thing though is to pay attention to the remaining supply (which is the new 100% or total "tradable" supply) and ensure that a substantial chunk has been added to the liquidity pools (covered in later metric on Liquidity Pool Token allocation)
3. Liquidity Pool Value: The value of liquidity pools (LP) in USD. It is an important metric for a newly released coin. To facilitate trading over an exchange like PancakeSwap, devs have to create a liquidity pool (LP). Since LPs are created by pooling in BNB or other tokens of value, it represents an investment and commitment from the devs. A 100K worth of BNB thrown in to create an LP pool is a good sign. However high LP value alone is not enough, and it is also important to consider LP token allocation and lock time (coming up next).
4.Liquidity Pool Token allocation: The percentage of "tradable" token supply allocated to the liquidity pools. This is easily the most overlooked metric for a new token. After releasing a token, devs own the entire supply. They might burn some, airdrop or presale few. However, they would typically still own most of the "tradable" supply. To improve optics, they may distribute it over multiple wallets with no whale visible in holders list. If a high percentage of "tradable" token supply is allocated to LPs (which should be locked btw, more on that later), devs share is reduced and they cannot benefit from dumping their share. Otherwise, only with a small appreciation in the token price, they can benefit by dumping their share. For an intuitive idea, if devs own 90% "tradable" supply of a token, and have created a high value LP with 10% tokens, when devs dump all their share they will get back 90% (actually more than that) of their LP investments even if no one else ever traded their tokens. And when they manage to get few people to buy and increase the token prices, devs can make hefty profits even with locked LP. For newly released tokens, LP Token allocation percentage should be as high as possible, yes 100% is ideal but a 20ish % number is generally good indicator.
5. Locked Liquidity: The percentage of liquidity locked today so that devs cannot withdraw the liquidity (the famous rugpull which probably needs no further elaboration). Devs would renounce their right to withdraw liquidity by locking their LP tokens in a timed locker. Generally well known third party lockers like DxSale or Cryptex inspire the confidence rather than a custom locker contract.
6. Locked Liquidity Time: The percentage of liquidity locked, one year from now. This is arguably the most important insight. Devs might have locked liquidity for few months, which means they will just need to wait it out, before they can rugpull.

You do not need to be green on all these metrics, but these are some good indicators to vet out new projects.
Be sure to do your own diligence. Assume that every new project you see is a scam/rug/honeypot until proven otherwise. Use tools such as http://www.bscheck.eu/ and https://tokensniffer.com to help you determine if this project is legitimate, but do not solely rely on these tools.
I also have a bot that checks some these things.

You can join my WhatsApp group where I do make calls of coins that goes 100x on a daily basis.
https:///GLadUuGIwOrEzvsKYnu7Kh

You reseted the group link.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tolu181: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2021
I think everybody should start to unfollow Elon Musk on twitter...

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Is XRP a good buy right now

Cc ibime
Other contributors are welcome

I no know bros. I think all markets, both stock and creeypto are waiting for US jobs data due today then they will decide how they will move. It's so close to weekend, I would rather wait because if data is bad and stocks go down creeypto fit follow and then heading into weekend, e go dey somehow. I dey target to review everything on Sunday evening.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by CryptoMatic: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2021
iLegendd:
It's 2:30+ AM and the below alarm woke me up and I bought. That's what they mean by buy low, sell high. Less stress, more money.

If you don't have the app called The Cry.pto App, you're missing out. Install it today.

Also, as someone into Cry.pto or any online business, always keep your data on.

I once made a post on how to use the alarm on this thread. Search for it.

After all the pumps that happened this week, it’s only normal for corrections to happen, and now that the correction is happening, people have began spreading fud

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Elsueno: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2021
down down so u go, make we make money jare grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kings11ng(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2021
demmy66:
Good evening investors.. does anyone have any good project that still has many zeroes that we can invest in. Please drop.ot here so.we can buy and relax. Grateful
Safemooncash
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kings11ng(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2021
bizzibodi:

Are U referring to Shiba inu I can't find shib in coinmarkcap.
Same
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 11:59am On Jun 04, 2021
Guys watch out. Dips to enter and Stop Loss is very important here!!

Just come across this post on Twitter now..

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by seankafor(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ruben225571:

omo so dem whales got groups too?
This segregation is too much I think undecided

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
wink
Soleye24:

Thanks
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by condomuser: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
I mentioned this last month warning people to be extra cautious.
We are all here at the Miami beach waiting for Fernando go trigger the show off grin
Ruben225571:

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SaintUlot: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
VillageHustle:
grin No try futures if you no get hard heart or you no sabi your TA wella cos that sh!t can rekt you in seconds.

Make sure to manage your greed also

So you mean i should go for shitcoin trading and ditch futures?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SaintUlot: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Is there a way to trade futures on binance using btc instead of using usdt?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Solmorg(f): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
condomuser:
I mentioned this last month warning people to be extra cautious.
We are all here at the Miami beach waiting for Fernando go trigger the show off grin
How do I set stop loss? Is it placing a Sell order just a little bit below the price I bought? Pls clarify me. Thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 1Password: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
yazga:
Both are high risk and it also depends on your risk appetite.
I would say stock is profitable because you get dividend either monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on the company unlike crypto. However, crypto has massive gains, a coin could do 240% in a day.

Many people make stock a full time job and are currently living off it as long as you know what you doing. I actually do both. You can sign up with my link on my signature we both get FREE shares.

Thank you very much for taking your time to respond to my inquiries. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
If BTC fall under 35$k, everyone should expect at least 30$k!! I feel so bad not cashing out ADA at 1.88!

Sometimes greedy is bad grin, ADA was 1.88 but I was expecting 2$ But end up selling at 1.80!! Although We Move.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Reason stop lose is damn Good at some point!!

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Btc don dy dip, una don com again wit "I told you so", forgetting dat crypto mostly dip on weekend angry
Dat btc $28k una dy find, una no go see am tongue

18 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Babatindan: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
How can I set stop loss on luno?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by hpymoment(f): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
DieRich5:
Btc don dy dip, una don com again wit "I told you so", forgetting dat crypto mostly dip on weekend angry
Dat btc $28k una dy find, una no go see am tongue

As in eh cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
people still dey use Luno? Eee! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MJBOLT: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Mfunkynation(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Solmorg:
How do I set stop loss? Is it placing a Sell order just a little bit below the price I bought? Pls clarify me. Thank you
Yes... But it will be in a price range. One price is to trigger your sell order n the other price is the actual price it will be sell
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by VEXT: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
One man I want UGM to kill

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ruben225571(m): 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
DYOR

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SenecaTheYonger: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
So the coin this man Elon is actually shilling now is called CumRockets? Wtf happened to his precious doge?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Solmorg(f): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mfunkynation:

Yes... But it will be in a price range. One price is to trigger your sell order n the other price is the actual price it will be sell
thank you so much but please can u give a practical example, I would really appreciate. Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (3670) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, Emeritusbaba05, GRACEGLORY, Mangun, Dundalk(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.