Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? (2479 Views)

Brother Gifts Her A Car On Her Wedding Day: Sparks Mixed Reactions Online / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Setting a wedding budget is one of the most important parts of planning in order to know how much you can afford to pay for your big day. I heard the bride is only solely responsible for payment of the wedding gifts for her bridesmaid, but however you see ladies spending huge amount of money on their wedding these days and I think it's not right. I'm of the opinion that a man should bear all the financial implications in a wedding and sharing the financial responsibility with his wife makes him less of a man, it's somehow untraditional. What do you think?
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by dollytino4real(f): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
na wah! her own wedding?me I say yes if she have money, dat small thing she adds gives her value n respect

7 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Freestainworld(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
A men who have paid your bride price have done everything, wedding is just for religious purposes, reason they ask the parents of the bride if the groom have fulfilled all he needed to have done traditionally before they can go ahead to pronounce you husband and wife in the church, helping a man during the wedding is not a bad thing but during traditional rites, he should be allowed to perform his duty according to the tradition as the man of the house.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by fati2001(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
yes ,I you have the money you can assist..

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Commotfornigeri: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
You dont want to.

But tomorrow you want to follow oyibo people to demand equality.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by crackhaus: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor, one thing I like about you is that you will just say what you have to say exactly as most Nigerian women are thinking it. cheesy

Some will come here to claim they can/will share in their wedding expenses, but we know for a fact that any unmarried female as at today the 17th of December 2020, will definitely prefer it when her fiancé takes care of EVERY wedding expense from his pocket.

We must not kid ourselves... grin

As for your question, should a lady share in the financial burden for her own wedding?
ABSOfvckingLUTLELY!!!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Samakus(m): 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
This girl's life starts and ends with Nairaland aswear

10 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by thorpido(m): 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
crackhaus:
Zzor, one thing I like about you is that you will just say what you have to say exactly as most Nigerian women are thinking it. cheesy

Lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by theFilmtric: 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor:
Setting a wedding budget is one of the most important parts of planning in order to know how much you can afford to pay for your big day. I heard the bride is only solely responsible for payment of the wedding gifts for her bridesmaid, but however you see ladies spending huge amount of money on their wedding these days and I think it's not right. I'm of the opinion that a man should bear all the financial implications in a wedding and sharing the financial responsibility with his wife makes him less of a man, it's somehow untraditional. What do you think?
Yes
If the man isn't strong enough to foot the bill

theFilmtricsay
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by theFilmtric: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
Commotfornigeri:
You dont want to.
But tomorrow you want to follow oyibo people to demand equality.
aswear undecided Confused Nigerian feminists cheesy
theFilmtricsay

5 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
crackhaus:

Some will come here to claim they can/will share in their wedding expenses, but we know for a fact that any unmarried female as at today the 17th of December 2020, will definitely prefer it when her fiancé takes care of EVERY wedding expense from his pocket.

We must not kid ourselves... grin

As for your question, should a lady share in the financial burden for her own wedding?
ABSOfvckingLUTLELY!!!
Exactly but do you also know it's against African tradition for a lady to share in such fin/res with her husband to be? Ask your elders and you will be shocked
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by illicit(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
The kind of wedding I want, I pray I can afford it....
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by crackhaus: 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor:
Exactly but do you also know it's against African tradition for a lady to share in such fin/res with her husband to be? Ask your elders and you will be shocked
Do you want to be African or Western? cheesy
Pick one and stick with it...

It's also against African tradition to buy engagement rings, do bridal showers, and wear expensive white wedding dresses.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by keepingmum: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yes both intending parties should contribute to the wedding. However, you should both consent and plan to host a wedding that YOU BOTH can afford without relying on external aids, loans or burdening family members.

All those "you only get married once, i must show my i laws i am capable yen yen yen, i am the only daughter, i am the first graduate in my family, i am the first to marry without been pregnant or been a lazy youth therefore i must have a big wedding DOESNT COUNT NEITHER should that be a reason to have an elaborate ceremony that YOUR POCKET cannot fund.

Finally, as the intending groom, if you want your wife to be to fund part of the wedding then ensure she works and that her contributions is equal to the percentage of her earnings.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Hathor5(f): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nairaland males suddenly forgot about culture and tradition. cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
nahhh, feminine women who know their onions don't do that shii. radiating in that glorious elemental energy they naturally possess will have men falling down at their feet, ready to bring home the biggest kill ( - or money, depending on the society sha)...

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lemme just sit back and wait for the women in those categories, that will coman be displaying their neckabilities. Projecting how they can spend heaven and earth, supporting their man and still very docile and traditional.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nazgul: 12:31am On Dec 18, 2020
A man is supposed to bear the whole responsibility. That's the African culture.

A man will always have his budget ready before going to see his wife's people.

However, where I'll say the lady can come in is if she's hoping to have a wedding that goes beyond the budget of her husband, then she can support him with whatever she has so as to achieve her aim of an expensive wedding.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by addictiv(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2020
It's funny how some women become traditionalists once responsibilities come up, so much for gender equality.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Enceladus(m): 1:11am On Dec 18, 2020
What is now the purpose of words like feminism and egalitarianism if the male gender is doomed to shoulder all the responsibilities of his interactions with the opposite gender?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by tobechi74: 2:46am On Dec 18, 2020
Zzor:

I totally, completely, vehemently, strongly, wholeheartedly, seriously agree with you.

He who pays the Piper determine the tune.
See,women are items purchased by men at a fee called dowry and bride-price determined during negotiation between the sellers ( bride family ) and buyers(groom)

Since he owns her and can use her however he likes the same way one may decide to use a handkerchief to clean sweat in the morning and blow his nose in the night, He is in the only position to decide how the wedding will be.
Her inputs are unnecessary.

If he decides he doesn't need bridesmaids, she must comply. The handkerchief has no opinion in determining how it will be used.
If he insists she must wear a black gown on her wedding day, she must obey. Whoever pays for the wedding gown determines the type and colour.
He can command you to stay at home and manage the little he brings and you must comply. You are his property

If men had their way, there would be no wedding. Money spent is better invested in many buissness.wedding ceremony is for the glorification of the woman . You want men to spend on your wedding. This kind of women will tell you his money is our money while my money is my money.

They want gender equality when it favors them but not willing to share the responsibility equally.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by tobechi74: 2:52am On Dec 18, 2020
Zzor:

It is against tradition to educate a girl child.
It is against tradition for female to inherit property
It is against tradition for women to work
Traditional marriage have no need for bride price
Why are you a Christian. Be a traditional Religion worshipper. No need for church wedding

Choose one. If you want to follow tradition, do so fully �and be a submissive housewife

If you want to follow westernization, do so. But you have to contribute financially to get your self respect

8 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 18, 2020
illicit:
The kind of wedding I want, I pray I can afford it....
Plan according to what you have,never a good thing to go above your pocket, plan according to what you can solely shoulder
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Nazgul:
A man is supposed to bear the whole responsibility. That's the African culture.

A man will always have his budget ready before going to see his wife's people.

However, where I'll say the lady can come in is if she's hoping to have a wedding that goes beyond the budget of her husband, then she can support him with whatever she has so as to achieve her aim of an expensive wedding.
Exactly
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Regex: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2020
crackhaus:
ABSOfvckingLUTLELY!!!

She doesn't compromise, nor sugarcoat it.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Regex: 4:49am On Dec 18, 2020
Hathor5:
Nairaland males suddenly forgot about culture and tradition. cheesy

Women all of a sudden have dementia after traditional wedding and go right ahead for western wedding. Hmm, I think it's called amnesia or something.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Regex: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2020
Magnoliaa:
nahhh, feminine women who know their onions don't do that shii. radiating in that glorious elemental energy they naturally possess will have men falling down at their feet, ready to bring home the biggest kill ( - or money, depending on the society sha)...

Ubunja. This girl right here, knows her powers. She's too denjelos
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 18, 2020
i will certainly contribute to mine.
we're in the 21st century, not the 14th.
i'm no chattel,

but maybe you are.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by crackhaus: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2020
tobechi74:

I totally, completely, vehemently, strongly, wholeheartedly, seriously agree with you.

He who pays the Piper determine the tune.
See,women are items purchased by men at a fee called dowry and bride-price determined during negotiation between the sellers ( bride family ) and buyers(groom)

Since he owns her and can use her however he likes the same way one may decide to use a handkerchief to clean sweat in the morning and blow his nose in the night, He is in the only position to decide how the wedding will be.
Her inputs are unnecessary.

If he decides he doesn't need bridesmaids, she must comply. The handkerchief has no opinion in determining how it will be used.
If he insists she must wear a black gown on her wedding day, she must obey. Whoever pays for the wedding gown determines the type and colour.
He can command you to stay at home and manage the little he brings and you must comply. You are his property

If men had their way, there would be no wedding. Money spent is better invested in many buissness.wedding ceremony is for the glorification of the woman . You want men to spend on your wedding. This kind of women will tell you his money is our money while my money is my money.

They want gender equality when it favors them but not willing to share the responsibility equally.
gringrin
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by adekola72559: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2020
i will certainly contribute to mine. we're in the 21st century, not the 14th. i'm no chattel, but maybe you are.
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2020
adekola72559:
i will certainly contribute to mine. we're in the 21st century, not the 14th. i'm no chattel, but maybe you are.
Paying for gifts for your bridesmaid is enough contribution or you will share with him your Bride price
Re: Should A Lady Share In The Financial Implications Of Her Wedding? by mysticwarrior(m): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2020
Zzor:
wetin this one dey talk?

(1) (2) (Reply)

At The Verge Of Ending My Life. (depression Is Real)!!! / Cheating Neighbor- This Man Brings Side Chicks Into His Matrimonial Home / Is It True That Yoruba Is Land Of Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.