Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce (59449 Views)

American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by ogbiwa: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2021
A husband in the middle of a divorce battle sent his Lottery winnings to his mum in the hope of keeping his nurse wife from laying her hands on the money.

The British man, known only as NJ, won more than £11million after playing Euromillions back in 2015 and wanted to stash the majority of it during the split in 2018.

When he sent the sum to his mum, she tried to transfer the money outside the UK, but was unsuccessful in doing so, a written judgement revealed yesterday.

She also asked bank staff for advice on establishing an offshore account in Pakistan because her son wanted to "hide" the massive winnings.

But the plan during the "messy divorce" failed because a court had already ordered that the money should be frozen.

NJ, who is a Muslim, told The Court of Session in Edinburgh that his wife didn't want anything to do with the winnings because it had been obtained through gambling.

Gambling is considered haram - Arabic for forbidden - in Islam and he explained that the Islamic view is that using the money is "sinful".

But yesterday Judge Lady Wise rejected this claim and awarded the wife, known only as HAJ, £4.8million saying she found the woman "credible and reliable".

HAJ told the court that she plans to continue working as a nurse despite receiving the huge haul of Lottery winnings. NJ previously tried to claim state benefits after transferring his fortune to his mum.

In her written judgment, Lady Wise wrote: “It is rare in my experience for litigants to be exposed quite so devastatingly in an attempt to breach an order of court with a view to depriving another party of legitimate claims.

"She was straightforward in her evidence and illustrated an admirable determination to continue to pursue the work that she enjoys regardless of the financial outcome of this case.

“In stark contrast, the first defender was a most unsatisfactory witness. ”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/lottery-winner-going-through-divorce-24442874

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by PlayMaker14: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Which one be Judge Lady Wise problem sef?

The wife says she doesn't want any penny from the money won from gambling as it is against her religious beliefs, but you still carry your gavel to hit £4.8m for her.

This level of Feminism from the Judge can be related to witchcraft.

548 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Iceyjayz: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Wahala
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by lilvicky68(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2021
So religion can make someone not to spend winnings from lottery? SMH.. make them bring the money come if them no need am.

12 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by DevilsEqual(m): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2021
Imagine what his choice would have been if he had no wife

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by chiiraq802(m): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2021
Judge Lady Wise no wise at all.....

Marriage is a Poverty alleviation scheme for woemen in Obodo Oyibo .
Marriage na major scam.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Chloraseptic: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2021
I gave up on religious people when a pastor was trying to make my guy see a reason to come to his church by bragging about how a yahoo boy in his church just bought a car..

Y'all need to see the rate yahoo boys troop in to his church. As a matter of fact he now has a private meeting session for them..

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Thermodynamics(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
What is it with Oyibo and dashing women money after a divorce?
I just don't understand these white folks, why transfer a large amount of a man's savings to his ex-wife just because they are no longer married, where is the justification or logic for this act.

This is just plain foolishness

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by bigdammyj: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Noted
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Fr33born(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lol. Sharp Man

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by samwillyco1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
The man get sense, women don show men many things ooo.

9 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Antoeni(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Wahala don tie wrapper
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Nuelito: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
The matter sounds foreign and was treated in a foreign way na wetin local man wan yan be dx

Incase you need Pure Original Honey.. kindly contact O81 O1 66 67 71 let's talk about it now..The honey is raw and Unadulterated..Tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by GboyegaD(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hmm...if she doesn't want anything to do with the money why is he hiding it?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by lmm4real: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
My man

2 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by TimmyTen(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Nj shot hit bar

6 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by futurerex: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Women are blessed and favoured worldwide. Always reaping from where they never sowed.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by mayorjosh(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lmao religion and morals is always thrown out the window when money is involved.

15 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Arry110(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Vbb
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by HEAVEN4444: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
cheesy
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by okomile(f): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
grin grin
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Draslo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Gambling can make or break you.

Gamble responsibly.

4 Likes

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by GeneralPula: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lol..

Mad sharp something oo
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by CountDracula(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ive not read the story but i Love the headline. Well done my boy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by SILVERLINES: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
cheesy

Wise guy
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by beautyhd: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
...but she still got part of the money.

You guys should learn how to read before commenting.

The judge still awarded her part of the money.
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by illicit(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
tongue
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
Why is almost everything haram in Islam?
Boko
Headsmen
Right now we are all waiting for return match
Venue: Ojota
Time: 9am
Teams: Police vs West Coast
Attendants: fla.tinos
Capacity: 20,000
First to Score: Police
Expected Result:
Pls no mention me to avoid sending Buhari economic policies in your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Antoeni(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
who is a Muslim, told The Court of Session in Edinburgh that his wife didn't want anything to do with the winnings because it had been obtained through gambling.

Gambling is considered haram - Arabic for forbidden - in Islam and he explained that the Islamic view is that using the money is "sinful".
Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by beautyhd: 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
CountDracula:
Ive not read the story but i Love the headline. Well done my boy

Go back and read, don't get too excited because you are about to be disappointed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce by Bosenan: 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
menascum grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Making A Family :::: Its For U / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.