Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,562 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki (38870 Views)

Man Destroys POP Ceiling As Client Refuses To Pay Balance (Video) / Landlord Removes Tenant's Roof Over Unpaid Rent In Rivers / Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by calcal: 2:27am On Dec 20, 2020
freeborn02:
It is simple. They will calculate what he destroyed and use his tendency money to replace them.

If the tenancy money doesn't cover all the things he destroyed, they will sell his shoes and clothes to cover the remaining cost.

THE EDUCATION IS VERY BAD IN NIGERIA, SEE JUDGMENT FROM EDUCATED PERSON
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by GidiCars: 6:50am On Dec 20, 2020
gassbee:
i dont get u, lets assume a tenant's rent expires in October 2020, u mean after i give him an eviction notice in December 2020, he wil stil enjoy another 6 months free in d house

That's the tenancy law in Lagos, you can't just throw a tenant out in the streets which is quite reasonable. I don't know about other states outside the SW, but I know states within the West operate a similar structure.

The mistake most landlords make is that they wait too long before they act thinking the tenant would pay up which isn't the case in most scenarios. So the months start counting, from 2 to 6 to 8, then it gets to a year, 2 years etc.

Once a tenant defaults and it's the second month, get an eviction notice from the courts and serve it to him/her, this is just to formalize the eviction so you have the law's backing when you want to be ruthless cause at the end of the six months, you can legally throw out the damn tenant and the court would be on your side.

If you want to run the tenant street without the whole eviction notice, you can but it might be costly in the long run if it gets to the courts and stuff, that's why it's good to know who you accept into your home as a tenant.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Cityguy: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
youngwarlocks:
I am owing my landlord too but the man is quite reasonable and understanding and knows that I don't normally owe him, things just get as e be now.

I don't keep mute and pretend as if I don't owe him, I always talk to him about it and assure him that once I get the money I will settle him first.
Thank God for an understanding landlord.
Thank God for you. That understanding on the part of the landlord is because you are reasonable. Tenants these days feel they can owe anyhow and behave anyhow. The landlord acted foolishly out of frustration. If only we know what it costs to build nowadays, one would appreciate committing such large amount of money to something you expect reaping from and how frustrating it could get not to be paid. The poise and the language of the debtor in this video do not suggest someone who with humility would have asked for understanding of the landlord.

2 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Kneephy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
sholly28:

Ode

Shey oloriburuku nie ni?

Never in your miserable life should you quote my opinion on this platform....

If you are not cool with my opinion leave it and move on,
No make i swear for you oo

Mio gbadun to'yen oo
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Kneephy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Tayor23:
what is this one saying?

Be like say God wan punish you Abi..

If my comment does not go well with you, leave it and move on...

You can't see me quoting someone else opinion cos it's theirs and not mine...

Learn to always mind ur business on nairaland idiot
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Asgafrealtors: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
post=97210228:
Video of Celebrity hairstylist, Destiny’s shop tossed over by his landlord has caught the attention of Nigerians and is quickly going viral.

According to Destiny, he has worked in the shop for the past 5 years and has never owned the landlord until the outbreak of COVID-19 that led to the lockdown of the country.

He said the closure of shops during the lockdown period is the reason for his inability to pay his rent and his landlord is not buying that as a reason thus why he destroyed his shop.

In the video, the shop was tossed upside down with most working materials destroyed.

Watch video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GHINknujQ

Seriously, everybody is angry and the economy is not helping.

But the landlord has actually done himself harm. That's why you need professional service from company like asgafhomes.com. we give you a hitch free management service
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Tayor23(m): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Kneephy post=97258014]

Be like say God wan punish you Abi..

If my comment does not go well with you, leave it and move on...

You can't see me quoting someone else opinion cos it's theirs and not mine...

Learn to always mind ur business on nairaland idiot
[/quote you are still not making sense man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tigerkenn Homes Property Development Initiative / Abbco Towers Sharjah, UAE Gutted By Fire (Video) / Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.