Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki (38548 Views)

Landlord Removes Tenant's Roof Over Unpaid Rent In Rivers / Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2020
obi58:
What he should have done was to play the waiting game:

1. Serve the guy quit notice 1 month in advance..
2. Send the guy a reminder 1 week to eviction date that after eviction date emergency roof and house repair works will commence and he should make all necessary steps to vacate the premises on or before said eviction date as he will not be held liable for any loss or damages the tenant may incur if the date is breached.
3. After Due date, take off the roof from the tenants house and cut off water and electricity supply.

QED grin grin grin
You told you he didn't serve the guy quit notice.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by millionboi2: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Don't mind that pussy guy. House that can be burnt down. You haven't seen tenants from hell.
you Equally have not see landlord from hell

Na only if d landlord no get money or is too good

4 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by EmekaA125(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:
typical useless broke nigerian. u pissed the landlord off, he gets angry and destroys, u come online to form victim. he is suppose to shoot u
And you didn't consider his cogent reason which was majorly due to Covid-19 lockdown U are just mean and heartless like the crazy landlord.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by millionboi2: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2020
onuman:
A Federal Road Safety Commission personnel has been occupying my uncle’s house and refuses to pay rent in the last 8 months.

Can someone please explain the process to eject him from the house.

He feels above every one as he is a uniform officer.
Go to court and file for possession of property and get a lawyer with#10k- #15k
He will put u through
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hakeem4(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2020
onyechez:

It is not the solution but he should have strike a deal like paying something for the main time even if you want to leave the property after now you can.
You negotiate with things like this not running your mouth I am sure that's why the landlord acted that way.
yeah I totally agree with you. But the landlord was too harsh. I don’t blame him also, maybe he needed money urgently.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Sarmiz24(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2020
Womanizer:

Story!

Lol the funny tin be say u no get houz, so why should I drag the matter too long wit u? U self reason am, e no make sense nah cool

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hakeem4(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2020
onuman:
A Federal Road Safety Commission personnel has been occupying my uncle’s house and refuses to pay rent in the last 8 months.

A lawyer would be in the right position to guide you

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Babapyro: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2020
millionboi2:
if I'm the landlord lawyer,I will turn the case around.

As far as she owns d landlord forget it.
E be like say you never get case before for your life abi,if he charges the landlord to court he doesn't even need a lawyer with this substantial evidence, he can defend himself and ask for 100m in damages, turn what around.
You're funny o
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Fuckingmallam45(m): 11:14am On Dec 19, 2020
Even my tenant no gree pay money, she no gree pack, she even dey fight me on top my money, see life oo, right now she no Dey greet me again. If I do her strong thing now, she go come online con rant, federal worker for that matter oo.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Babapyro: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2020
onuman:

Serve him a quit notice,by law he is required to leave the apartment within 4-6 months, if he refuses police will come and uproot him and arrest him for free

2 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Originalsly: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2020
nedekid:

Kai, this landlord has bought market.
He should have gone through the proper process of evicting tenants. No it is his loss.

I believe he knows the court will not evict the tenant... so he turns to intimidation. He knows what he is doing... if he really wanted to do damage he would've gone for the mirrors etc... just knocked over a few small stuff and left!...intimidation!
The thing is... because of COVID-19 protocols....businesses were shut down by the FG... it is the FG that made it not possible for the tenant to pay his rent by depriving him of his means of livelihood. The court will never rule in favour of the landlord. But... the tenant can now sue the landlord for damage/destruction of property... property that will affect his income... income to pay his bills including rent! That landlord would settle if the tenant threaten to take him to court.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Omezif(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2020
Stubborn landlord vs sturborn tenant. Covid-19 accompanied with lockdown as a reason why house or shop rent will not being paid is a joke and not found in law. No landlord can allow it to happen.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Slimqueen(f): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2020
[s][/s]
modsAREuselesss:
typical useless broke nigerian. u pissed the landlord off, he gets angry and destroys, u come online to form victim. he is suppose to shoot u

are u okay 4 Christ sake?
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by millionboi2: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2020
Babapyro:

E be like say you never get case before for your life abi,if he charges the landlord to court he doesn't even need a lawyer with this substantial evidence, he can defend himself and ask for 100m in damages, turn what around.
You're funny o
Guy u never see case ooo

Once your rent expires,u got no right on the property again.

Landlord went to inspect his property and dim it fit to unstall some wateva causing damage to his building

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by sholly28(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2020
Kneephy:
when you are rich like your landlord you will understand why he acted like this, Buh for the main time,

Drink chilled zobo and calm down

Problem no dey finish

Ode

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by CocoaOla: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2020
Nigeria and Nigerians are huge failure. During convid19 who made money during lock down.
No consideration in this country because the black race caused corona viruses
No wonder other race refer to black people as savage devil
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2020
He has no right to do this.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hollywater: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
lawyers go cash out. The owner of the shop must sue him for 20m in damages
Wicked Judge.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by uuzba(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
lawyers go cash out. The owner of the shop must sue him for 20m in damages
He will pay the lawyer first na?
Money that he should have kuku use to pay the rent.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by friday2011(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2020
freeborn02:
It is simple. They will calculate what he destroyed and use his tendency money to replace them.

If the tenancy money doesn't cover all the things he destroyed, they will sell his shoes and clothes to cover the remaining cost.

You must be the chairman of wicket landlord association. cheesy grin

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by ceaser: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2020
These you tubers that will be putting someone else's video in repeat mode just so to lenghten it and gain unnecessary views. Can't you just leave it to users to repat the views themselves? It can be annoying.

modsAREuselesss:

And Ògá, to you destruction of properties is now the best panacea for a vexed soul?

Well, maybe his own property though, as those crazy oyinbos do when they are angry. But definitely not other people's property. What he should have done was break the windows of the shop or at worst remove the roofing sheets. That way we know he is doing that to his own property and the tenant won't even have the gut to stay a day longer in an apartment without a roof. Or he kukuma goes the civil way by getting the courts to serve the tenant an eviction notice.

He may eventually get sued for malicious property damage not minding the fact that he had legal right to demand his rent money.

Highesschief1:
That was how one of my tenant that was owing me for over two years claiming he can't even feed his kids bought a new generator that is three times bigger than mine, got a court order and had him evicted, dude even got new furnitures, imagine living large in an apartment he is not paying for

It's painful when tenants don't pay rent but never take the laws into your hands

Kudos to you for resisting that overwhelming urge to "knock out" that mad and wicked tenant. But you've saved yourself a lotta stress by going it the legal way.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by SaintLucia: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2020
Landlord no do well. You can't take law into your hand. But too many fake life people in Lekki.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Usually we know were tenants like this come from, the landlord must have been frustrated beyond measure. Best bet is just avoid renting to them lot.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by excel101(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Hey, this shop owner don hammer o. Kai see money, Please start the prosecution.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by NoToPile: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2020
I didn't see anything destroyed in the video

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by RPirez: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2020
juniorstar:
that's what happens when u av a poor landlord. rich landlord don't go about destroying your properties. but make we dey try plans for unforseen circumstances I know its not easy. man must first survive sha.

Which one be rich and poor landlord again? Anyone wey fit afford to own a property to let in 9ja dey 'rich' for 9ja standards, abeg.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by youngwarlocks: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
keeper303:

That is how a responsible tenant behaves. If you investigate very well, you will find out that the landlord would have tried to reach out to the tenant without success. Some tenants will keep quiet and assume the landlord should understand the tenants plight. When you owe your landlord, the best advice is to reach out to him, plead to be given specific time frame to offset your rent. Most landlords are understanding and will acceed to reasonable requests.

Exactly
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Baiser(m): 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
nedekid:
Kai, this landlord has bought market.
He should have gone through the proper process of evicting tenants. No it is his loss.

You mean proper process of spending two years in court while your tenant takes free rent?

Duh!

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by somehow: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
youngwarlocks:
I am owing my landlord too but the man is quite reasonable and understanding and knows that I don't normally owe him, things just get as e be now.

I don't keep mute and pretend as if I don't owe him, I always talk to him about it and assure him that once I get the money I will settle him first.
Thank God for an understanding landlord.

I owed my landlord for 3 years some years back when my business collapsed. The man was so understanding then and even accomodated my loads from my office when I closed shop.

He also allowed me move elsewhere due to work related issues without paying my outstanding.

When I eventually paid, he was so happy and used me to boast before someone he told about me.

We arent even of the same faith, yet this man was so good to me. Adviced me alot. I even had access to power from his generator.

God bless you everyday Alhaji Abolarinwa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by CupOfT(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
youngwarlocks:
I am owing my landlord too but the man is quite reasonable and understanding and knows that I don't normally owe him, things just get as e be now.

I don't keep mute and pretend as if I don't owe him, I always talk to him about it and assure him that once I get the money I will settle him first.
Thank God for an understanding landlord.
Thank God for a wise tenant. Until you own rental property you might need to withhold your comments. No matter how wealthy you're as a landlord, one stupid tenant can cause to regret ever deciding on a commercial property. Pay your rents people and learn to communicate with your landlords wen the cash is not forthcoming, landlords have money issues too and many makes plan based on your rental fee to pay school fees, settle debts and meet their obligations. Properties are business pls, until you start seeing your landlords as business owners you might not understand. I will not go begging when you paying your rental as agreed could easily offset my concern. Its a business!

3 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Whoknowsme: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=modsAREuselesss post=97216894]typical useless broke nigerian. u pissed the landlord off, he gets angry and destroys, u come online to form victim. he is suppose to shoot u[/quote ] I wish u'll be in the tenants position and owe rent of 2 months, then ur landlord comes and destroys ur properties cuz u couldn't pay, that time ur eye go clear. Couldn't the landlord have gone via the process of eviction. Most times children aren't supposed to comment here
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by nedekid: 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
Originalsly:

I believe he knows the court will not evict the tenant... so he turns to intimidation. He knows what he is doing... if he really wanted to do damage he would've gone for the mirrors etc... just knocked over a few small stuff and left!...intimidation!
The thing is... because of COVID-19 protocols....businesses were shut down by the FG... it is the FG that made it not possible for the tenant to pay his rent by depriving him of his means of livelihood. The court will never rule in favour of the landlord. But... the tenant can now sue the landlord for damage/destruction of property... property that will affect his income... income to pay his bills including rent! That landlord would settle if the tenant threaten to take him to court.
"the tenant can now sue the landlord for damage/destruction of property... property that will affect his income... income to pay his bills including rent! That landlord would settle if the tenant threaten to take him to court"
Absolutely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower / Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / 5 Bedroom Duplex Built With Italian Materials selling cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.