Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857516 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2021
Babyboy2020:

i will like to moderate with you. i have hosted several rooms on this topic

Oya now.. send me a mail let’s reason
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tracy2020: 9:37am On Jan 20, 2021
Hello Everyone, I landed in Winnipeg yesterday. Flight was long but smooth. My POE was Toronto, I was only asked to show my Passport, admission letter, ArriveCAN and Covid test result, then my Study permit was printed. For those coming to Winnipeg soon, it’s really cold here, please dress prepared for the weather. I just want to thank everyone on this platform. It has finally ended in praise!!

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 9:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Please I'm hoping you can help me with some of my questions.

- Can I apply for advanced diploma in construction engeering technology which is a 3 year course although I have a 2:2 in Architecture for my first degree. Is this possible?

- will i be showing the proof of funds for the 3 years tuition when applying through NSE or the minimum 30k CAD will do?

NB: tuition is 16k/yr.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2021
Tracy2020:
Hello Everyone, I landed in Winnipeg yesterday. Flight was long but smooth. My POE was Toronto, I was only asked to show my Passport, admission letter, ArriveCAN and Covid test result, then my Study permit was printed. For those coming to Winnipeg soon, it’s really cold here, please dress prepared for the weather. I just want to thank everyone on this platform. It has finally ended in praise!!

Congrats dear��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

1) To your first question,

Read the content in this link (Page 121-124)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/120#98075660

You can also await more inputs for your first question

2) No it won't be a problem

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Otatom:

- Can I apply for advanced diploma in construction engeering technology which is a 3 year course although I have a 2:2 in Architecture for my first degree. Is this possible?

- will i be showing the proof of funds for the 3 years tuition when applying through NSE or the minimum 30k CAD will do?

1) There is no Career/Academic progression in going for a degree lesser than your first degree i.e B.SC going for an Advanced Diploma

Your best shot is to apply for a Post Graduate Program (PG. Cert)

You can check out a

PG. Cert in Construction Management (2 years program)
Conestoga College, Waterloo,
Ontario

See the link below for more details
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management

2) Do await response to this question

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by papijulah: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Mails are dropping already....one got a BVL while my other friend got a Medical call

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KejiA: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2021
KejiA:
Hello Goodmorning everyone,
My sponsor has a balance of 23m and the account has been running since 2014 but it has always been used for fixed deposits, investments and payment of school fees. My questions is Can my sponsor submit that account only as bank statements and also after submitting bank statement and my bankstatements, Can he use the the money to do fixed deposits or it’s better the money remains in the account till the visa is out?
I would be expecting a reply thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 20, 2021
papijulah:
Mails are dropping already....one got a BVL while my other friend got a Medical call
Hi,
Please do you have an idea when they applied? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2021
cliffgrey:

Can I email too bro?
Thanks
sure you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by raptor2: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Good morning all
Please I need clarification on NSE route.
While applying does it have a different link from the regular route.
Or is just the documents that differentiate them.
Kindly assist
Thanks

Lekiboboe:

From the success stories of members in this forum who went through the NSE route, I feel the NSE route is better cos of the way application is being expedited, 20 days as far as you have the requirements (Mybank Statement Certificate of $30,000 CAD & IELTS with the minimum required band score)

You can read the contents in the links below for more details on that

NSE route
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/705#97124448

Update on NSE route
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/71#97773070

The Regular Channel is also ok, the only present downside of this Route is the Processing time for Nigerian Applicants ,35 weeks

So you know that, it's the same way you will apply for the Regular Channel you will apply for the NSE route, the only difference is the way NSE route requires you to do Proof of Funds i.e MybankStatement Ticket & the amount $30,000 CAD & the English test (IELTS) requirement.

Am sure you noticed that towards Late October 2020 till date, some members who applied via the Regular Channel got NSE request, so those who have the required additional documents sent it to expedite their application, some decided not to cos they don't have the required additional documents and opted for their application should be processed via the regular channel.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by papijulah: 10:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Tohbieee:

Hi,
Please do you have an idea when they applied? Thanks.

the one with BVL applied in november while the one with medical call applied in december

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2021
MsJanez01:

Thanks for your response.
Also, I work in a bank but I intend getting a letter from a friend's company which is about 2years old but the company is doing well. He has agreed to state that he is offering to partner with me after studies in Canada. He agreed to provide all his company's document. I intend to use this as an home tie. Pls any input about this? Is it a welcome idea? I am skeptical abt going ahead or not
Good idea, will be even better if your intended program is related to what the company is into

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2021
Hi, please any idea what their timelines look like?

papijulah:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2021
Rootiab:
sure you can

Done. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2021
PotentialNurse:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread. I have applied for admission to 2 schools in Canada (yet to get a decision). In the main time, I wanted to know if there is anything I need to start doing like I read some pages back about building of personal account which I don’t understand. My mum will be my sponsor and her bank statement will be in USD(a US bank statement), will that be a problem during my application?
Your mom's account in whatever currency won't be a problem. Building of account is for people who prior to the interest to study in Canada have account that is not active. In your case you have nothing to worry about since you mom's account has been active and has regular inflow/outflow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2021
Tracy2020:

Congratulations and all the very best ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2021
Take your time and read what @Lekiboboe wrote. All the answers are already there

raptor2:
Good morning all
Kindly assist
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:40am On Jan 20, 2021
cliffgrey:

Actually it’s my money but I’ve kept it in a bitcoin wallet for years and I don’t have anyone that I’m related to that has that type of inflow and outflow in their account

Also please how do I build the account?
Do I start send a 4million every month or how do u mean?
How many months am I going to build it for?
yes you build it by sending the money small small into the account and not just gbam...then ull explain where the money is coming from to the v.o, probably with evidence that it's from your BTC WALLET
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:42am On Jan 20, 2021
Tracy2020:

Congrats and thank God for journey mercy...

When are you resuming pls, or have u resumed ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Otatom:

Gurus in the house.

Question number 2 is applicable to me as well.

Waiting for answer......Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2021
OtunbaTee:
yes you build it by sending the money small small into the account and not just gbam...then ull explain where the money is coming from to the v.o, probably with evidence that it's from your BTC WALLET

Can I email bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2021
Please guys just realized my application Statius changed from submitted to profile updated . Does it have any implication?

Submitted NSE request December 3rd and eligibility review since 4th

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 20, 2021
mcobex:
Your mom's account in whatever currency won't be a problem. Building of account is for people who prior to the interest to study in Canada have account that is not active. In your case you have nothing to worry about since you mom's account has been active and has regular inflow/outflow.

I understand now. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:55am On Jan 20, 2021
raptor2:
Good morning all
Kindly assist
Thanks

The answer to your question is here

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/125#98093766

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Inestimable61:
Please guys just realized my application Statius changed from submitted to profile updated . Does it have any implication?

Submitted NSE request December 3rd and eligibility review since 4th

Chief check your application..you have a new message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Seunbankole:
Greetings house trust all is keeping safe
God bless everyone here for their contributions. Please I have some questions ;
I am a 2-1 graduate (3.54) I studied information resources management.
Please house I’ll really need help with schools I can apply too for a masters program and what course is relevant that shows career progression
I also want to know if my cgpa though it’s a second class upper qualifies me to apply for a masters program
Best regards
Cc lekiboboe
And other experienced Gurus...
See this

1) M.SC information Management programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Information+Management&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Data Science/Data Analytics
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Data&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Finally,
This would guide u in processing ur M.SC admission

How to apply for M.SC & also possible M.SC Funded (Scholarship) Positions in Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

2) Yes, your CGPA qualifies you to apply for a Masters Program, but that bin said, you need to package your MASTERS APPLICATION well cos its not about CGPA only, there is more to it. The two links above will guide you on how to package your masters application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2021
papijulah:

the one with BVL applied in november while the one with medical call applied in december
Alright thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2021
I just saw this

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Thank you I also saw this but got discouraged because the requirements says 75% average grade. I graduated with 3.41 of 5 and also need to evaluate my transcript.

Please house who has used WES.ETX.NG for transcript evaluation before? Or howelse can I validate it.
Thank you

Lekiboboe:

1) There is no Career/Academic progression in going for a degree lesser than your first degree i.e B.SC going for an Advanced Diploma

Your best shot is to apply for a Post Graduate Program (PG. Cert)

You can check out a

PG. Cert in Construction Management (2 years program)
Conestoga College, Waterloo,
Ontario

See the link below for more details
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management

2) Do await response to this question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by raptor2: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2021
Thanks
I have Seen it��

[quote author=Cuddles7 post=98250379]Take your time and read what @Lekiboboe wrote. All the answers are already there

[/quo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by raptor2: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.