Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861099 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 9:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Blessing456:
Amen
Thank you very much. its the cost i was looking at because Economics seems to be funded in some schools in canada and its quite cheap. Also, it goes with my long term goals . Although, ive always prefered finance

Please check out Dalhousie University, Masters in Business (Finance Concentration). For scholarship, you would need a high GRE or GMAT score.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2021
ramobiojo:

You need to submit the document. Click on submit as though you want to submit your entire files. It would prompt you to sign.
I did sign with my name electronically
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2021
Debbyiiii:

I did sign with my name electronically

When you have successfully submitted, it would show replacement provided. More still, raise a webform and attach the report.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ikemikes: 9:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Please, I need a correct answer to this question. And it's urgent. The question is:

What is the name of the Chief security Officer or Chief protocols at Canadian embassy in Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 9:27am On Jan 22, 2021
ramobiojo:

When you have successfully submitted, it would show replacement provided. More still, raise a webform and attach the report.
Yeah it show me that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hapyp123: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2021
GreatMage:
I wanna ask something that might sound foolish or insensible, pls don't be offended...

For those who has gotten their visa or are currently self sponsoring their schooling...

How do you guys pay for your tuition fees and the same time focus on study?? Like the money is so huge and you also have accommodation and all to take care of?

I got admission but I am actually scared because I will be the one sponsoring my education and all... I am 18 thanks.

Hi dear. Same here. I also got admission. I am 19 . I am going to sponsor myself when I get there. What uni at you for.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2021
deommanuel:

PPR LOADING!!
Amen!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hapyp123: 9:40am On Jan 22, 2021
awys:

You just said you 18 wow and you are sponsoring yourself that's interesting that's a good one but every money that comes into your account lump sum especially can be questioned and the VO'S might raise an eye brow considering your age that you are self sponsored so all these has to be explained cuz you will actually need to present your POF to cover your tuition fees+living expenses of 10k CAD+3k for other expenses which might sum up to 9m or more depending on your tuition Fees.So that's where a sponsor comes into play cuz the VO'S themselves knows the money is huge especially if you are young and not started earning enough streams of income even if you are earning you still have other financial commitment you have to meet up with so a sponsor would back it up in the real Sense hence the essentiality of a sponsor if need be

In my own case. I have a very rich family friend that is willing to give me his bank statement and my parents are going to pay for my first year tuition. What I am asking is can I be able to get a job when I get to Canada and pay for the remaining year. I am 19. I have alot of computing skill. Do you think I will be able to pay for my tuition and living expenses while schooling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Damidolly: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2021
A quick one plsss, if I enter Canada tru student visa, when processing my wife working visa to join me, will d VO request for her IELTS as well.
Please assist, it's very urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JC101: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2021
IboBoyNuel:

Same thing here.
Same thing here. Got a request for additional bank statements for 6 months and 12 months and sent it the next day and no update till then. I had a deadline for January 14th if not it would be processed normally outside NSE. still nothing so far. If anyone else is in the same situation or can explain what's going on. Help lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Hello guys,

I am a graduate of History and International Studies. Please who can recommend a university with a masters in international Relations/Studies for me with an annual tuition of no more than 8,000CAD. I already sent my application to SFU and I’m about sending to Usask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Damidolly: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Someone shld respond to this please
Damidolly:
A quick one plsss, if I enter Canada tru student visa, when processing my wife working visa to join me, will d VO request for her IELTS as well.
Please assist, it's very urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SwayB(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2021
Rootiab:
Good morning everyone, so this morning I checked my profile and I saw I passed my medicals. It's not even up to 3 days when I did my medicals and submitted and it was updated and now passed. With God everything is possible. Peace
Congratulations ppr is next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by francanthony(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
Guys please help me with this question that has been border in me.

I saw in the CIC website that a prospective student should have CAD$10,000 plus tuition fees ANNUALLY. i.e for proof of financial support..

Please somebody should tell me that the monthly CAD$800+ is proof of financial support enough to start with.

In other words, must we have 10k+ before our study permit will be granted

Please answer ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
SwayB:

Congratulations ppr is next
Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
It is possible that the NSE document is uploaded but not submited.Check it again.You may raise a webform on the case and attach the documents.It shall end in praise!
Debbyiiii:
I applied october 28
Nse request came on Nov 26th
Submitted request December 19 since then nothing my eligibility hasn't started and no mails telling they have seen my additional documents .
My portal says additional documents uploaded
Should I be worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Beamer007: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
October 14 applicant. NES request Dec 8 but I didn't submit anything. just checked my Portal this morning Review of additional documents has changed to Not applicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
silvamania:
Good Evening,

Just for clarifications cause I can’t remember who wrote it ;

I. You can use MBS with Union Bank . They have it but majority of their staffs no nothing about it . You can send me a DM for guidance

Il. IRCC accepts IELTS General . I used it and still got approved .

Will be back with timelines and landing gist by his grace .

All the best guys

Am the one who asked about mybankstatement...I went to union bank and they said they don't do it that the will print the statement normally...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by francanthony(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2021
francanthony:

I saw in the CIC website that a prospective student should have CAD$10,000 plus tuition fees ANNUALLY. i.e for proof of financial support..

Please somebody should tell me that the monthly CAD$800+ is proof of financial support enough to start with.

Please answer ASAP

Please reply, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kafrica: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2021
BlegendE:
Guys. I wish you well ooo. Canada is a lovely place. It is worth the stress and all. Just try your very best. Good luck.

Presently, there is an available room in saskatoon for international students @$420CAD a month. Please send me a dm if you are interested.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kafrica: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2021
BlegendE:
Guys. I wish you well ooo. Canada is a lovely place. It is worth the stress and all. Just try your very best. Good luck.

Presently, there is an available room in saskatoon for international students @$420CAD a month. Please send me a dm if you are interested.

Can you offer assistance for the processing sir? +2348168245001 or isaacolawoorekingsley@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2021
Beamer007:
October 14 applicant. NES request Dec 8 but I didn't submit anything. just checked my Portal this morning Review of additional documents has changed to Not applicable.

When did your eligibility review start
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
PotentialNurse:
Hello guys,

I am a graduate of History and International Studies. Please who can recommend a university with a masters in international Relations/Studies for me with an annual tuition of no more than 8,000CAD. I already sent my application to SFU and I’m about sending to Usask.
Hi,

Have you done research on other schools offering related programs?

If NO,
open the links below, you would see schools offering programs related to History and International Studies.

As regards tuition, visit the website of the programs & schools below to check if they have an $8K CAD tuition per year

Masters in History
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=History&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Peace & Conflict studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Conflict&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in International Studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=International+studies&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Global Governance
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Global+Governance&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You can aswell hustle & package your application for Masters scholarships in these programs & shoot your shot

To prepare & package your application for a Funded M.SC scholarship position, this is your plug
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

For those sending emails to professors
If you want to know why:
-The Prof ignores your email
-The Prof deletes it without responding
-The Prof sends a negative response
-The Prof sends a positive response
Read this piece by Prof. Marc Dube, University of Ottawa, Canada
https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Note:
Don't limit yourself to few schools, widen your horizon & explore lots of schools so you can have more chances to get a Funded Masters Scholarship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
francanthony:

Please answer ASAP

For Proof Of Funds,
Apart from your Tuition,
It is Mandatory of you to have at least one one year living expenses ($10,000 CAD)

For more details & explanation

See this

PROOF OF FUNDS FOR VISA APPLICATIONS - HOW MUCH IS REQUIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnY-dNWQsqw

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nayantunde: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2021
Which kind bank statement did you submit with application?
My bank statement with password or
Normal conventional bank statement.
TeeNas:

No I didn’t get NSE request
I applied sept 16
Got refused a week after (can’t remember the exact date)
I reapplied on Nov28
Passed Medicals Dec 1
Did my biometrics Dec 3
Got BVL Jan 12
Got PPR Jan 19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2021
Scholarship Enthusiasts, take note of the tip in the screenshot below

In other words, Networking is good & in case you don't know LINKDEIN is your plug to network, so endeavor to optimize your Linkdein Profile & make that Connection, cos it can be beneficial to you, when you want to apply for scholarships in Graduate Schools in Canada & even Jobs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
Got NSE Nov 26 and I also did not submit but mine has not changed o after almost a month now
Beamer007:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Beamer007: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
Eligibility review hasn't started.

Babhydoll:

When did your eligibility review start

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
please any update on this?
I am about to request for my transcript so it can be evaluated and I can go ahead with applying.
Frankrobbn1:

An applicant briefed me about her experience when applying for this program (PG. Cert in Construction Management -1378B (2 years program) and confirmed that the admission board requested her to provide WES evaluation prior to submission.

I'll carry out further investigation on this course and revert back to you.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody,

After the trials, the ups and downs. I got my PPR

He has finally done it

I wish all applicants the very best

Super happy now

Hello Silvamania,

Your efforts has been rewarded. Big Congratulations.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Please do i need any other document or fill any form for my accompanying child?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
I have been in similar situation. I think you should raise a webform and tell them it was stated on the NSE request letter that they will send you a mail when they receive the additional documents.

Then reupload the same documents again. this was what i did and i got a mail the following day and when I checked my profile page it changed.

Debbyiiii:
I applied october 28
Nse request came on Nov 26th
Submitted request December 19 since then nothing my eligibility hasn't started and no mails telling they have seen my additional documents .
My portal says additional documents uploaded
Should I be worried

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6