Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857379 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2021
Elizdee:
Goodmorning all,

I just checked my GCkey now and I noticed my medical status has been updated to ‘you passed the medical exam’ 26th January,2020. I did my medical exam on 19th January,2020 at Qlife.

Please I submitted my passport to Lagos embassy on the 15th of January (my ppr came two days before MR). How long do I have to wait to get my passport back please.

Thank you.

Thank God your medical Status has been updated. It caused you so much worry.

For your passport, you can get it back in a week or it could take a longer time. VFS Lagos is known to take so much time.

Since everything is moving just fine, you can exercise some patience while you await a response from them.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2021
Debbyiiii:
I just got medical request and my eligibility started today since December 18 I submitted nse requirements

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:33am On Jan 27, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
No I didn't submit the NSE documents.the review of additional documents is showing NOT APPLICABLE

Your application is still under review(via the normal route). I think the processing time is still valid for your application, so you'll have to be a bit more patient.
Have you done upfront medicals?

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2021
awys:

This is another angle what God cannot do doesn't exist medical request before eligibility started or alongside your eligibility review most likely they must have started something at the back end.Please is your resumption this January.
Congratulationsssssssssssss sis!!!!

That's Right grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyinlove15: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2021
Congratulations ma
Debbyiiii:
Finally I just medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2021
olabisi6438:

40,000 Qlife lagos

Ok, thanks.

It will end with praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2021
iampaulsmith:
Asking for a friend. What course is suitable for someone who has been working in a security agency here in Nigeria for close to 5 years but graduated two years ago with a low second class lower in Civil Engineering? After his first degree he went back to his work as a security personnel. Would courses like pgd courses in construction management be a good idea?

He should go for a degree that is relevant to his first undergraduate degree (Construction Management).

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:58am On Jan 27, 2021
TeeMade:
Hello @Frankrobbn1,

It's been over a month since I submitted NSE requirements so it has passed standard processing time of 20 days.

If I get you correctly, I'm to send a new mail everytime I'm sending them a mail. Please clarify.

It will end in praise for us all...

You can make it a routine to send a mail requesting for an update on your study permit application considering that you've duly fulfilled the requirements for the NSE program.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2021
transfer101:
You have a PM sir

Ok. I got you bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2021
Iffylove:
Thank you Mr Frank... You have always been a good help in this forum.
I need to pay 168CAD... that is about 132USD... And I use GTB...... Please how can I go about it.
Thanks

I will suggest you contact a trusted fellow abroad to assist you in completing payment. Alternatively, if you've a dollar card, you can pay with it.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2021
Queenose:
Good day everyone,
I have b.sc in human physiology, graduated with 2:2
I work in the bank what are my chances of doing a post graduate diploma and getting the visa.
which school can I apply for?
thanks

Apply for a PGC in Global Business Management or an MBA at University of New Brunswick or University Canada West.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2021
Congratulations! PPR loading.

Are you for winter intake?

Please when did you apply?

Can you share your timeline?

Debbyiiii:
I just got medical request and my eligibility started today since December 18 I submitted nse requirements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2021
Debbyiiii:
Finally I just medical request

Yaay... you have book for an upfront Yh?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2021
deommanuel:

Thank God your medical Status has been updated. It caused you so much worry.

For your passport, you can get it back in a week or it could take a longer time. VFS Lagos is known to take so much time.

Since everything is moving just fine, you can exercise some patience while you await a response from them.

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2021
Congratulations Debbyiii, you are almost there!
This one IRCC is dealing with October applicant on this forum one by one hmmm. Awys Longjonjoe Recxa how are you guys holding up cheesy
Debbyiiii:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2021
elizyous:
Good evening everyone,

I just got my admission letter from university of Alberta to study Communications and Technology.

I want to start my application process. My boss wants to pay for my first year tuition while I and my husband handle the rest. My question is..... What document apart from CAC and a reference letter stating that he is funding my first year tuition, does he need to provide?

Please help.

Congratulations on the receipt of Admission at University of Alberta. Please don't use your employer as your sponsor, this will reduce your chances of getting approval. There are several concerns from the visa officer that follows using a third party (employer) as a sponsor to an international student. Those questions include:

1. Why is your employer sponsoring you?
2. What have you done for the company and now wants to sponsor your studies abroad instead of Nigeria (a cheaper option).
3. How many years have you been working for this employer?
4. What does the company stands to gain as a result of this sponsorship?
5. Is there any legal agreement/bond between you and your employer that confirm your return to them after the completion of your studies in Canada?
6. Why are you an outstanding candidate amidst other employees in the company?
7. Are the board of directors aware of your employer's intent to finance your studies abroad?
8. Is there any board resolution letter to back up your employer's claim?

Now, you can see the gravity of questions that needs to be adequately answered by your employer if he intends sponsoring your education in Canada. In light of this, you're better off using him as your Uncle while he pays your first year tuition and transfer funds into your personal dorm account to show financial accessibility.

I hope this information is helpful to your inquiry.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:49am On Jan 27, 2021
iampaulsmith:
Congratulations Debbyiii, you are almost there!
This one IRCC is dealing with October applicant on this forum one by one hmmm. Awys Longjonjoe Recxa how are you guys holding up cheesy
My bro holding up is an understatement!!!.IRCC sha well they are my love can't do anything than to wait and pray !!!.
So am still chilling oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:58am On Jan 27, 2021
donbrowser:

Sorry to disturb you. Can you teach me how to apply for admission in Brandon or direct me to a page link on how to. Thanks

Please follow this link to start your application process.

BRANDON UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2021
Ajoke08:
Good morning everyone, got a refusal letter this morning. I applied late sept, nse request in November; submitted in Dec.. no medical request. 2 correspondence letter (Bvl) From Beijing and Nairobi.
Refusal letter this morning. I requested gcms note yesterday. Delay is not denial..

I regret to hear about the delayed outcome of your application. Please order for your GCMS notes in order to obtain a clearer insight of your application. In the meantime, you can share the list of documents you submitted with your last application and a detailed overview of your background. So we can advice you accordingly.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lifeis247: 10:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi , do a google search, and visit the websites of the following

N+ Internet/Networking related PG. Cert programs

- PG. Cert, Wireless Information Networking
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Wireless Network Infrastructure
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

- PG. Cert, Wireless Networking

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

- PG. Cert , Information Systems Security – Computers and Networking
Durham College, Oshawa, ON

- PG. Cert, Information Technology: Cybersecurity
NBCC (New Brunswick Community College), New Brunswick

Thank you Lekiboboe,
Really appreciate this response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:08am On Jan 27, 2021
Cfine2021:
Good morning gurus in the house. I recently got undergraduate admissions in University of Manitoba and Brandon and I intend to appy for the visa this week. I need clarifcations on the following.

1. The schools gave me letter to apply for the visa without paying tuition deposit. Does it matter if I do not pay before applying?
2. Considering that i got the admissions without ielts, can i still apply for the visa through the NSE route.

I am 17 and my father who is a banker is my sponsor. Is there any other thing I need to know.

1. Given that both schools doesn't require you to pay a deposit. There is no need paying tuition to the school. It might interest you to know that payment of upfront tuition fees is not a prerequisite to a visa approval. There are other factors surrounding every study permit application, which you must satisfy. Those key factors include the following;

1. Your reasons for your choice of program in Canada
2 . Financial sufficiency (your dad bank statement should be adequate to cover for your first year tuition fees and living expenses without working to pay your fees).
3. Strong ties to your home country, Nigeria (family members, parents assets, aged parents and future career prospects in Nigeria after studies etc)

2. Apparently, every application receives the NSE request. You can decide to opt out or go for the NSE route. There is no penalty for opting out. As a matter of fact, prospective applicants opted out and still got approval provided your reasons are rational.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:18am On Jan 27, 2021
notkenny:
Good morning, all.

I just got my refusal letter based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

A few things:
1. I studied electrical engineering in undergrad and I'm going for the same master's program so I really don't understand the "purpose of visit". I even submitted a WES Canada translated transcript in my application citing a 3.5/4 final CGPA.

2. I didn't have any huge assets. The only thing I submitted was my salary SOA showing the monthly salary payment. I also used a relative of mine as a sponsor. What can I do to fix this?

The third reason is even more confusing.

I've ordered my GCMS notes and hopefully, it will come soon. Please ANY assistance from all the gurus in the house @frankrobb1 @justmelow and others will be much appreciated. I plan on applying again for the May or Sept semester and I want to be fully prepared to avoid a second rejection.

It will end in praise.

I regret to hear your study visa application was refused with the aforementioned reasons. At this juncture, I will prefer I see a copy of your GCMS notes before I can advice you on what you should do differently to attain success in your next application. However, It's possible you didn't sufficiently demonstrate to the immigration officer that your proposed studies is in tandem with your previous degree. I would say that your study plan was vague and didn't outline a clear career path as to the benefits of this program to your career back home.

Please obtain your GCMS notes as soon as possible.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2021
Blessing456:
Dear ALL,

Please, How long does it take for Universities in canada to get back to one as to submitted application.e.g USASK
Thank you

University of Saskatchewan takes about 13 weeks to grant admission for master's program.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:22am On Jan 27, 2021
zinny20:
Please can someone recommend a college I can do Pgd in Human Resources for 2years, the ones am seeing is 1year,

And am confused about this one from college of New Caledonian is it post diploma or post graduate diploma some one help me please

Please be properly guided that post diploma is same as ordinary college diploma which is lower than a post graduate diploma. I would recommend you go for a Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma since you already have a degree.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:26am On Jan 27, 2021
Bhooomie:
Hello All. I have been a silent reader and about to submit my application but have a few questions:
1. I intend to go with my only child (1 year old), and she's an American citizen. Do I need to apply for her or there's no need?
2. If I do not need to apply for her, do I need to state it in my SOP that she will be coming with me?
3. My school only gave an acceptance letter where its included that my course includes COOP. What do I upload in the "Evidence of work requirement section?

@Lekkiboboe, @Justmellow @Fratermathy, Answers will be appreciated. Thank you for all you do on this forum.

Below are my answers to respond to your enquiry;

1. She (American Citizen) doesn't require a visa to accompany you to Canada. You can travel with her once your study visa pulls through.
2. Please DON'T state that she will be accompanying you to Canada as at the time of your application. This will adversely affect your ties to your home country.
3. Upload same Letter of Acceptance in the column.

I hope this satisfies your enquiry

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2021
How come my review of additional documents is still showing “We need additional documents to continue processing...”? The deadline of the NSE was Dec 26 ooo, it’s over a month sef.
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
No I didn't submit the NSE documents.the review of additional documents is showing NOT APPLICABLE

Thanks Chief.
Frankrobbn1:

He should go for a degree that is relevant to his first undergraduate degree (Construction Management).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2021
oluswaggz:
Good evening house,

Please can anyone confirm if it is possible to apply for a graduate certificate course with my HND certificate in Canada?
If yes, please can you advise known universities that I can apply to? Will I also need to evaluate using WES or send the transcript to the school directly.

Thanks in anticipation

You can certainly gain admission with your HND Certificate at several colleges in Canada. You also don't require WES Evaluation prior to applying.

You can check schools like: Humber College, Fanshawe College, Conestoga College or Mohawk College.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:35am On Jan 27, 2021
MsJanez01:

Goodmorning. Please I was filling the IMM 5257 form and question 3 has UIC. I understand its a unique number for all applicants and since I have applied before I should have it. Please how do I get this number?

Also, I was refused visiting visa 2019. Reason was I did not truthfully answer all question, there were other reasons but this particular one pricks me as I had plans of birthing but didn't declare. Filling the study application now, I have declared my refusal in 2019. My dilemma now is.. how do I give detail explanation on this refusal knowing well that I concealed the birthing part and my son's details is captured, that I gave birth that period I had stated as my travelling period

You can get the UCI number from the previous refusal letter that was issued to you by the immigration of Canada. In the event that the letter is no where to be found, you can leave the space blank. Once you submit your application and pay the associated fees, your UCI number will be automatically generated with your previous biometrics number and expiration date. Its automated!

You don't need to provide any written statement for your previous refusal since its a tourist visa application. Truthfully declare on your study permit application form under the background information that you've been refused a tourist visa to Canada in 2019. You're good to go with this.

I hope this satisfies your inquiry, please feel free to ask me any related immigration questions.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2021
oyinlove15:
Passport request guys
First application: October 17th 2019
Refusal November 23rd 2019
Reasons :
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

BANK STATEMENT WITH THE MAIN FUNDS WAS A MUTUAL FUND ACCOUNT

Second application:
Oct 30th 2020
MER 18th January; passed 23rd january 2021
PPR 25th January 2021. No NSE

Vancouver Island University MBA already started the session since January 5th but we had a study waiver that required a decision before 4th February inorder to receive refund.

Documents submitted Client Information

Page 1 : Table of content with the pages that each document can be located
Letter of Explanation
Statement of Purpose
Educational Documents:
Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
Transcript
Waec Certificate
Ielts Result from 2019 and its expiring march 2021
Nysc Certificate
Curriculum Vitae
Online certifications
Home Tie Documents:
Sponsor’s International Passport
Siblings international passport
Dads Death Certificate
Old Family Picture and New Family Picture
My birth certificate
Letter of Attestation of Birth due to the difference between my birth certificate and waec result
Study Leave Letter
Work Identity Card
Police Clearance Certificate
Filled Redemption Form from stanbic ibtc to show that the money can be withdrawn anytime even though my mum(sponsor still transferred my living expenses to me and my remaining tuition to her zenith account. the money was there for more than 6months.
Proof of means of financial support ( Sponsors zenith bank statement with like 14m to cover my remaining fees and flight), stanbic mutual funds accnt with like 11m, applicant gtb mybanstatement of 6th months N.B 4m was transferred to me in may and is still currently there incase they check beyond the last date, Sponsors letter stating that shes a retiree and other places she gets her money from mainly rental proceeds. she stated that I am the last and no dependant, she stated she had paid tuition deposit and liquidated my remaining tuition into another account on a particular date the amount stated, also in the letter she stated all her land properties and their location and current worth., affidavit of support, tuition receipt, deed of gift. employment letters and statement of allowances, retirement letter, attached all the land document receipts and tenancy agreement.

To all the TRV hopefuls yours is on the way In Jesus name.

Much appreciation goes to @lekiboboe, thank you, sir, for helping me review my sop and loe , Thank you Mr frank for telling me what to do when the refusals came in in 2019 even though my gcms note was empty nothing was shown from the VO. Thank you to everyone one who supplies info on this platform
how do I go about passport submission.

Congratulations @oyinlove15 on the approval of your study permit application. Thank you for sharing your feedback and stimulating experience on this platform. I'm glad to be in the context of your approval. May Canada favour you.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2021
I tell you my sister, the wait is very exhausting! Omo Hon. Owolabia must have a phd in patience ooo, I give it to him. This morning ehn, I woke up and saw two “do not reply” mails, my heart first skipped like three beat sef. Ase one of it was from the Sydney office saying my application is with Nairaobi bla bla bla and the second one from my bank. Kai if you see the way I take hiss ehn grin grin. But las las we go still rejoice because it will end in praises.
awys:

My bro holding up is an understatement!!!.IRCC sha well they are my love can't do anything than to wait and pray !!!.
So am still chilling oooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2021
Are you there sir?

Good morning Mr Frankrobbin.

Please kindly advise me on what to do;

The primary office reviewing my application is Nairobi and the secondary office is London. I have not been sending webforms to London. Is it possible to send a mail to the London office now that i know London is the secondary office and that is where my application is processed to explain some things about my switch in course and to PGD cause I have a 2.1 because my GCMS says my eligibility shows recommend interview.

Is there a way to know from the GCMS if there is hope for approval. This information means a lot to me which is why I need to know cause I need to balance tuition this Friday or defer if I cannot and I really don't want to so I can start the classes asap and get it over with,

My criminality says passed, info sharing says in progress, eligibility shows recommend interview, medicals passed, and final decision is still blank.

Please advise me on what to do. Will really appreciate advise from Mr Frank and other gurus on this page just incase I can make amends before the final approval comes out.

Thank you so much.

Frankrobbn1:

You can make it a routine to send a mail requesting for an update on your study permit application considering that you've duly fulfilled the requirements for the NSE program.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.