Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861936 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
DemmyDD:
I have tried DIY several times for my PhD admission to University of Saskatchewan and Manitoba but always rejected my application. I need help pls. I studied Agricultural Economics (Degree and Master). Is there any other suggested school offering the course or any related one.
You can try check

PhD Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Guelph, Ontario
https://www.uoguelph.ca/fare/people/faculty

PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Alberta, Alberta

Professor of Agric Econs at University British Columbia
https://www.grad.ubc.ca/category/specialization/agricultural-economics

But you have to reach out to the Professors to know if they are accepting students, to know if they are accepting students, you would need to do the COLD MAIL APPROACH

Have you tried the COLD MAIL APPROACH to Professors, if no try it , I have read in twitter how some people made use of the approach and they got accepted for PHD program which was infact full funded, some even got more than One.

How to send a Cold Mail to a Professor

Firstly you need to know your research interest

Your Msc thesis should take at least 90% of your research interest.

Search for professors in your desired department , check through their profile to make sure he/she has at least one matching article (publication, journals) with your Msc thesis.

Once a professor with a matching Msc thesis is found ,there is no guarantee he/she is free to take you but your cold mail and a Academic CV indicating clearly your research interest can change the game for you

indicate in the mail that you had read his/her paper during your Msc/bsc thesis, and you are convinced a partnership with him will improve your understanding, "ask questions on his/her article" a curious student is always appreciated .

You can try this same approach to the two schools that rejected your application.

See screenshot below for a Sample of Cold Mail

You will find the following contents in the links below helpful

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities , securing a Supervisor (Prof) and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

For those sending emails to professors
If you want to know why:
-The Prof ignores your email
-The Prof deletes it without responding
-The Prof sends a negative response
-The Prof sends a positive response
Read this piece by Prof Marc Dube, Uni Ottawa, Canada
https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

You can await some based on experience input/response from members who have gone through this path

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OlanikeOba: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
Student copy of transcript and there's no English requirements for Nigerians

recxa:
Hey guys. My sibling is thinking of applying to Humber college and we want to know the documents they would require for the admission process.
Would they need to submit their transcript and is there an English requirement? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mavena(f): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
Am currently applying for the university of Manitoba, Canada, please can I get someone who has been giving admission or who is currently going to the school to give me guide. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
LONG POST ALERT!!!!!

MY APPLICATION FULL TIMELINE.

I applied initially for fall 2020 on July 13th 2020

I ordered for GCMS notes in August and it came 2.49am September 16th the day I was supposed to travel to Lagos to do my Biometrics at VFS. GCMS came as eligibility failed I took courage as a man and went ahead for the biometrics that same day. I brought the GCMS to the gurus in Nairaland and they advised me accordingly. I was denied based on no travel history, Sponsored by third party, Not well established economic situation and family composition, Limited economic and family ties to home country and employment shows moderate earnings.

Sponsor had an account statement of 60k cad CAC, International passport, Contract with government of alberta, tax clearance etc. not same family name though

I also had a statement of account of 3million then. I applied with my wife and son

My program was a PhD at McGill. Gurus advice that I seek funding but I didn’t get initially,

My second application was December 16th 2020

17th December my supervisor did zoom with me and promised funding which later came on the 11th of January (18k CAD in total aside scholarship and teaching assistantship)

I wrote another LOE using the same statement of account of my sponsor (60kCAD) made Him pay my tuition for winter 8700 CAD although he paid twice (6KCAD at the time of application and 2k700 CAD at the time of NSE request)

I also did a gift deed of 4million from my mum to raise my statement of account to 8million

I also dropped my family and use them as home ties attached proof of my car ownership and landed properties of parents. Also because of the gift deed I needed to add my mums payment Voucher and earnings per annum which was around 3.2m.

In my first application I got a study leave from the university where I work although because I was still on contract I didn’t have the opportunity of TETFUND so what I did my second application was to hammer on bond which was attached to the study leave because I will be paid while I am on study and also pointed out the legal implications to my career and my surety which was my dad.

Then I explained why I never travelled and needed to travel at this point in my life pointing out the need to get publications in Q1 rated journals and that the study time is almost the same with this place 5yrs with better facilities and technical knowhow there.

Details of the Timeline for the second application

Admission received: April, 2020

Differed to January 2021 and I Have also differed again to September 2021 due to delayed visa things
School: McGill University, Montreal Quebec
Program : PhD Bioresource Engineering
Application Type : Online
Application Submitted : Dec 16th, 2020 (Did biometrics with my first application)
Got NSE REQUEST on 23rd December 2020 and responded with only MBS as I already submitted my IELTS alongside my application Overall band 7.5

Submitted the NSE REQUEST 8th January 2021 because I had to send it to my broad and friend Frathermathy for review. He and Vibrant 99 also helped go through my SOP and LOE

Medicals: December 22nd, 2020, at Qlife family clinic
Medical updated to passed on 6th January 2021

Confirmation mail of Receipt of NSE documents came 11th January 2021

Got the graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor (18k CAD) on 11th January 2021 and sent it through webform and email

Confirmation mail of Receipt of graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor mail came 29th January 2021

Submission confirmation mail came on 5th February 2021

BVL Dropped: Feb 24th, 2021

PPR Dropped 8days later 3rd March 2021

Waiting for Passport with visa to Land

Trust God always be prayerful and hopeful. I submitted my sponsors old account statement of Dec 2019 to June 2020 he didn’t print another because I forgot to request it again. Have a mindset that your application cant be perfect but do your best and pray for mercy.

It will end in praises for all PPR hopefuls.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mavena(f): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
mavena :
Am currently applying for the university of Manitoba, Canada, please can I get someone who has been giving admission or who is currently going to the school to give me guide. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
I was given student number, can one explain to me how far with the next step??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2021
mavena:
Like you would have to pay some money about $120 for application fees.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2021
Anon123:

I will advise the applicant submits now if he is a may intake. NSE says 20days but that hasnt been the case since
I want to apply for my study visa application, please gurus in the house,how should I go? Applying for fall intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:00am On Mar 05, 2021
Please i need you guys help.am applying for Masters progress in Canada and have submitted all necessary documents to Canada embassy. I got message from them that I should tendee my IELTS result and a year statement of account within a month. The statement of account is not a problem but ilets.
Now the college in Canada has given me IELTS waivere letter and has adviced me to get another waiver letter from the school I graduated from here in Nigeria.
Do you think doing this will get me Canada student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 05, 2021
Juliomikeal:
pls can you put me through how you applied for humber college

If u need perosanl assistance u can email.me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Phunmieyy: 12:09am On Mar 05, 2021
JC101:
Hi, I'm going to Vancouver God willing. I'm also attending UCW. Email me
hello I am traveling to Vancouver in April. Also attending UCW

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 05, 2021
OlanikeOba:
Student copy of transcript and there's no English requirements for Nigerians

U need student or official transcript
Ur passport data page
Ur waec result
Ur degree certificate
And ur 75 dollars

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Iberisamuel90:

If u need perosanl assistance u can email.me
I applied for graduate certificate.
Submitted my official degree transcript and certificate
My waec result
My passport data page
No IELTS required .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2021
Iberisamuel90:

U need student or official transcript
Ur passport data page
Ur waec result
Ur degree certificate
And ur 75 dollars
What's the implication of having student number in a Canadian university when you apply for admission?.

maestro09 skull4eva olasubomy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by maestro09: 12:13am On Mar 05, 2021
Tarama:
Hi guys,

Please I need advice. Got admission to two schools/program and trying to decide which one has the most likely visa approval chance and future prospect in Canada. Payment deadline is due soon and need to choose quickly. The two programs are PgD Finance in NSCC, and PgD Advanced Business Management in University of Winnipeg.

What did you study in your first degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 12:25am On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=Iberisamuel90 post=99614798][/quote]please, how do I e-mail you? I need clarification on visa application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:25am On Mar 05, 2021
Please your assistance is needed .. have gotten admission into Canada Christian college and have submitted all necessarily documents to embassy.. I got message from.canada embassy that I should present my IELTS and a years statement of account. The statement of account is not a problem but IELTS.
The Canadian institution has give me IELTS waiver and advice me to get IELTS waiver from.my school here in Nigeriaeoa as well.
Do.tou think tendering IELTS waiverfrom both school a guarantee that I will be given Canadian visa? Please I need your response. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:27am On Mar 05, 2021
Please your assistance is needed .. have gotten admission into Canada Christian college and have submitted all necessarily documents to embassy.. I got message from.canada embassy that I should present my IELTS and a years statement of account. The statement of account is not a problem but IELTS.
The Canadian institution has give me IELTS waiver and advice me to get IELTS waiver from.my school here in Nigeriaeoa as well.
Do you think tendering IELTS waiver from both school a guarantee that I will be given Canadian visa? Please I need your response. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 12:35am On Mar 05, 2021
paulandpeter001:
Hello everyone and all Chieves in the house, please I need your help. I wish I had been in the platform before I submitted my application.

I submitted my application a LOE and SOP, what could be my faith?

Application date - 16-01-2021
Biometric submission - 26-01-2021
No upfront medicals, paid school fees upfront

Is there a way I can submit additional documents?
send it through webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 12:43am On Mar 05, 2021
LANDING GIST

Hello house, congrats to those who have gotten approvals on their applications and best of luck to those awaiting a decision. It will end in praise. Let me summarise my landing experience and not bore you with stories since I still have some energy after arrival.

SUMMARISED EXPERIENCE AT MURTALA MUHAMMED AIRPORT

I flew with Ethiopian Airline and the flight was at 1:40 pm. I got to the airport a little late due to a last-minute rush/parking. Fast forward to entry. The first point was two immigration officers. They asked about my final destination, I told them Canada. They sighted my passport and handed it back to me. The next checkpoint was to weigh my luggage. Hmm! the first luggage (box) weighed 26kg and the second box carrying food weighed 33kg. I was forced to return some stuff back home and paid 60 dollars for the excess luggage and obtained a receipt because I was not ready to return any food so I rather reduced some clothing. Please try to use a travelling bag for your foodstuff to avoid overweighing so you won't be forced to buy ghana must go at the airport. The next check after was a lady who asked for my COVID test result, school enrollment letter and my passport. She snapped the enrollment letter and passport then sent it to someone by WhatsApp for confirmation. She asked for the Arrive CAN receipt. I showed her on my phone. The next point was where I got my boarding pass. After this, i started walking fast to the point of boarding because my aircraft was already boarding. I would advise you to try to get to the airport much earlier due to these new changes at the airport so you don't start rushing.

SUMMARISED EXPERIENCE AT ADDIS ABABA AIRPORT

The Ethiopian Airline flight took off on time around 1:55 pm. The flight was okay, a very massive Boeing aircraft and was not fully loaded to capacity. I guess due to COVID and not much demand due to travel restrictions. Our first stopover was at Addis Ababa. We had to pass our hand luggage, remove our shoes and belts, laptops through computer screening at three different areas in the airport. Such tight security. One of them saw dollars in my pocket, I told him I was a student, he had to check my passport and boarding pass to confirm. It is that strict. There is nothing wrong with holding your cash. Just let them know you are a student if peradventure they ask you. The next check at Addis Ababa was an Immigration Officer. She asked for my Negative COVID test result, evidence of Arrive Can and confirmation of booking of the 3 days stopover hotel in Canada. She took a copy of the COVID result and gave me a health form to fill ( like a questionnaire) I filled and returned back to her.

Try to make at least 3 copies of all your documents before travelling just in case an officer ask you at any of the airports. It all depends on the officer but better to be prepared.

SUMMARISED EXPERIENCE AT TORONTO AIRPORT

We were given 3 forms to fill in the plane, one of which is the declaration card ( the declaration card is where you will declare if you are holding 10,000 dollars or more, and foodstuffs like (meat fish, nuts, egg, vegetables, fruits etc). We all had to fill it in the plane, even the pilot kept announcing for us to fill it. We finally landed in Toronto after almost 20 hours in the air. Even when the plane got to Toronto airspace. It still spent almost 2 hours in the air before landing. CANADA is really big. I am not surprised it is the second-largest country in the world after Russia.

The airport looked a little skeletal. Some offices were not opened, I guess due to COVID. The first check at Toronto was different counters with immigration officers. We had to queue and was assigned to each one at random. The officer asked for my negative COVID test result, Arrive Can, evidence of booking my 3 days stopover hotel and evidence of booking of the 14 days isolation and the declaration card so I gave him all. I showed him the confirmation of 3 days hotel booking on my phone. I did not bother to print that out since you can only book 48 hours to your arrival in Canada and would be too late print. He did not even bother to review the card. He just signed and gave it back to me.

The next check was another set of different cubicles with various immigration officers ( The main point of entry). I noticed one cubicle was free and a Chinese-looking lady officer was there so I just went to meet her. She did not even press me as expected. She just asked for (1) Letter of Acceptance (2) Evidence of Arrive CAN (3) Evidence of booking of 3 days hotel stopover (4) Passport and then she asked two questions: Why are you coming to Canada, I answered I came to study for my MBA then the second question was how are you funding your studies and I said my biological parents are sponsoring me. She felt satisfied and printed my study permit. It all depends on the officer that would be interviewing you.

The next step was getting my luggage and I proceeded to another queue to register for the COVID test and was subsequently directed to a tent where a nurse took samples from my nostril and told me the result would be sent to my registered e-mail. After that, I got to another queue where I waited for the taxi going to my 3 days stop over hotel.

I wish everyone the very best as you plan your journey to Canada.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 1:02am On Mar 05, 2021
olasubomy:
LANDING GIST

Hello house, congrats to those who have gotten approvals on their applications and best of luck to those awaiting a decision. It will end in praise. Let me summarise my landing experience and not bore you with stories since I still have some energy after arrival.

I flew with Ethiopian Airline and the flight was at 1:40 pm. I got to the airport a little late due to a last-minute rush/parking. Fast forward to entry. The first point was two immigration officers. They asked about my final destination, I told them Canada. They sighted my passport and handed it back to me. The next checkpoint was to weigh my luggage. Hmm! the first luggage (box) weighed 26kg and the second box carrying food weighed 33kg. I was forced to return some stuff back home and paid 60 dollars for the excess luggage and obtained a receipt because I was not ready to return any food so I rather reduced some clothing. Please try to use a travelling bag for your foodstuff to avoid overweighing so you won't be forced to buy ghana must go at the airport. The next check after was a lady who asked for my COVID test result, school enrollment letter and my passport. She snapped the enrollment letter and passport then sent it to someone by WhatsApp for confirmation. She asked for the Arrive CAN receipt. I showed her on my phone. The next point was where I got my boarding pass. After this, i started walking fast to the point of boarding because my aircraft was already boarding. I would advise you to try to get to the airport much earlier due to these new changes at the airport so you don't start rushing.

The Ethiopian Airline flight took off on time around 1:55 pm. The flight was okay, a very massive Boeing aircraft and was not fully loaded to capacity. I guess due to COVID and not much demand due to travel restrictions. Our first stopover was at Addis Ababa. We had to pass our hand luggage, remove our shoes and belts, laptops through computer screening at three different areas in the airport. Such tight security. One of them saw dollars in my pocket, I told him I was a student, he had to check my passport and boarding pass to confirm. It is that strict. There is nothing wrong with holding your cash. Just let them know you are a student if peradventure they ask you. The next check at Addis Ababa was an Immigration Officer. She asked for my Negative COVID test result, evidence of Arrive Can and confirmation of booking of the 3 days stopover hotel in Canada. She took a copy of the COVID result and gave me a health form to fill ( like a questionnaire) I filled and returned back to her.

Try to make at least 3 copies of all your documents before travelling just in case an officer ask you at any of the airports. It all depends on the officer but better to be prepared.

We were given 3 forms to fill in the plane, one of which is the declaration card ( the declaration card is where you will declare if you are holding 10,000 dollars or more, and foodstuffs like (meat fish, nuts, egg, vegetables, fruits etc). We all had to fill it in the plane, even the pilot kept announcing for us to fill it. We finally landed in Toronto after almost 20 hours in the air. Even when the plane got to Toronto airspace. It still spent almost 2 hours in the air before landing. CANADA is really big. I am not surprised it is the second-largest country in the world after Russia.

The airport looked a little skeletal. Some offices were not opened, I guess due to COVID. The first check at Toronto was different counters with immigration officers. We had to queue and was assigned to each one at random. The officer asked for my negative COVID test result, Arrive Can, evidence of booking my 3 days stopover hotel and evidence of booking of the 14 days isolation and the declaration card so I gave him all. I showed him the confirmation of 3 days hotel booking on my phone. I did not bother to print that out since you can only book 48 hours to your arrival in Canada and would be too late print. He did not even bother to review the card. He just signed and gave it back to me.

The next check was another set of different cubicles with various immigration officers ( The main point of entry). I noticed one cubicle was free and a Chinese-looking lady officer was there so I just went to meet her. She did not even press me as expected. She just asked for (1) Letter of Acceptance (2) Evidence of Arrive CAN (3) Evidence of booking of 3 days hotel stopover (4) Passport and then she asked two questions: Why are you coming to Canada, I answered I came to study for my MBA then the second question was how are you funding your studies and I said my biological parents are sponsoring me. She felt satisfied and printed my study permit. It all depends on the officer that would be interviewing you.

The next step was getting my luggage and I proceeded to another queue to register for the COVID test and was subsequently directed to a tent where a nurse took samples from my nostril and told me the result would be sent to my registered e-mail. After that, I got to another queue where I waited for the taxi going to my 3 days stop over hotel.

Massive congratulations to you bro! It has finally ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 4:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Good morning my people.
Please I have a question to ask, pls I need answers.

I live in Abuja and did my biometrics here at Abuja vfs, pls how do I go about submitting my passport?

I've been seeing people use DHL to send to Abuja, I guess that's because they are not based here.

What are the procedures pls for someone living in Abuja?

Thanks for your swift responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DemmyDD: 4:50am On Mar 05, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You can try check

PhD Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Guelph, Ontario
https://www.uoguelph.ca/fare/people/faculty

PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Alberta, Alberta

Professor of Agric Econs at University British Columbia
https://www.grad.ubc.ca/category/specialization/agricultural-economics

But you have to reach out to the Professors to know if they are accepting students, to know if they are accepting students, you would need to do the COLD MAIL APPROACH

Have you tried the COLD MAIL APPROACH to Professors, if no try it , I have read in twitter how some people made use of the approach and they got accepted for PHD program which was infact full funded, some even got more than One.

How to send a Cold Mail to a Professor

Firstly you need to know your research interest

Your Msc thesis should take at least 90% of your research interest.

Search for professors in your desired department , check through their profile to make sure he/she has at least one matching article (publication, journals) with your Msc thesis.

Once a professor with a matching Msc thesis is found ,there is no guarantee he/she is free to take you but your cold mail and a Academic CV indicating clearly your research interest can change the game for you

indicate in the mail that you had read his/her paper during your Msc/bsc thesis, and you are convinced a partnership with him will improve your understanding, "ask questions on his/her article" a curious student is always appreciated .

You can try this same approach to the two schools that rejected your application.

See screenshot below for a Sample of Cold Mail

You will find the following contents in the links below helpful

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities , securing a Supervisor (Prof) and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

For those sending emails to professors
If you want to know why:
-The Prof ignores your email
-The Prof deletes it without responding
-The Prof sends a negative response
-The Prof sends a positive response
Read this piece by Prof Marc Dube, Uni Ottawa, Canada
https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

You can await some based on experience input/response from members who have gone through this path

Thanks so much sir. I have tried several cold mails. Though, the Prof (70%) used to respond with negative mail that they re not accepting student.

Secondly, I checked the aforementioned SCH. They need GRE. Pls is there anyone that have written GRE before? Money for GRE and IELTS no be moi moi now���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 5:57am On Mar 05, 2021
olasubomy:
LANDING GIST

Wow!!! Thank God for the safe trip!!!.... what I need to hear at the moment. Thanks for all the update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 6:17am On Mar 05, 2021
skull4eva:
LONG POST ALERT!!!!!

I ordered for GCMS notes in August and it came 2.49am September 16th the day I was supposed to travel to Lagos to do my Biometrics at VFS. GCMS came as eligibility failed I took courage as a man and went ahead for the biometrics that same day. I brought the GCMS to the gurus in Nairaland and they advised me accordingly. I was denied based on no travel history, Sponsored by third party, Not well established economic situation and family composition, Limited economic and family ties to home country and employment shows moderate earnings.

Sponsor had an account statement of 60k cad CAC, International passport, Contract with government of alberta, tax clearance etc. not same family name though

I also had a statement of account of 3million then. I applied with my wife and son

My program was a PhD at McGill. Gurus advice that I seek funding but I didn’t get initially,

17th December my supervisor did zoom with me and promised funding which later came on the 11th of January (18k CAD in total aside scholarship and teaching assistantship)

I wrote another LOE using the same statement of account of my sponsor (60kCAD) made Him pay my tuition for winter 8700 CAD although he paid twice (6KCAD at the time of application and 2k700 CAD at the time of NSE request)

I also did a gift deed of 4million from my mum to raise my statement of account to 8million

I also dropped my family and use them as home ties attached proof of my car ownership and landed properties of parents. Also because of the gift deed I needed to add my mums payment Voucher and earnings per annum which was around 3.2m.

In my first application I got a study leave from the university where I work although because I was still on contract I didn’t have the opportunity of TETFUND so what I did my second application was to hammer on bond which was attached to the study leave because I will be paid while I am on study and also pointed out the legal implications to my career and my surety which was my dad.

Then I explained why I never travelled and needed to travel at this point in my life pointing out the need to get publications in Q1 rated journals and that the study time is almost the same with this place 5yrs with better facilities and technical knowhow there.

Differed to January 2021 and I Have also differed again to September 2021 due to delayed visa things
Application Submitted : Dec 16th, 2020 (Did biometrics with my first application)
Got NSE REQUEST on 23rd December 2020 and responded with only MBS as I already submitted my IELTS alongside my application Overall band 7.5

Submitted the NSE REQUEST 8th January 2021 because I had to send it to my broad and friend Frathermathy for review. He and Vibrant 99 also helped go through my SOP and LOE

Got the graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor (18k CAD) on 11th January 2021 and sent it through webform and email

Confirmation mail of Receipt of graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor mail came 29th January 2021

Trust God always be prayerful and hopeful. I submitted my sponsors old account statement of Dec 2019 to June 2020 he didn’t print another because I forgot to request it again. Have a mindset that your application cant be perfect but do your best and pray for mercy.

Congratulations when did you apply for your CAQ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 6:23am On Mar 05, 2021
khosen:
Good morning my people.

I live in Abuja and did my biometrics here at Abuja vfs, pls how do I go about submitting my passport?

I've been seeing people use DHL to send to Abuja, I guess that's because they are not based here.

You cannot walk in to vfs to submit your passport... you would have to use dhl and please do pay for two way courier when you get there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2021
skull4eva:
LONG POST ALERT!!!!!

Congratulations � When did you apply for your CAQ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2021
Hello people,

Please I need your advice on this issue.

I got approved recently and my counterfoil has dropped.

The counterfoil shows that my Visa is Valid from 4th March 2021 to 31st August 2021

My course is a 2 year course. My passport expires in 2024.

My letter of admission is dated 2020 September Fall I applied for CAQ ( Quebec) in 2019 and I didn’t apply again ( so apparently I used it to apply in 2020 for my visa application)

I have not started lectures online.

Is it normal that the validly of the visa issues is 6months?

What can I do? Also what does this mean?

Though I am waiting to receive the original passport but I just thought to put this out here incase anyone has had this experience before.

Please help out

@Lekiboboe
@Justmellow
@Frankrobbn
@ Everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2021
khosen:
Good morning my people.

The procedure for people living in Abuja is the same for the person living in Any other state my brother.

VFS will not ALLOW delivery or collection by hand. So just go to DHL or UPS and send your passport ASAP. The good thing is you won’t spend so much. Also remember to do 2 way courier so they will return to you when stamped. All the best ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2021
olasubomy:
LANDING GIST

Thanks so much for this. You are favoured already. Go and shine.

A question please, how were you able to sort the issue of booking and calling the people to book. You got them on phone or what method did you use. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:58am On Mar 05, 2021
Yteem:

Thanks so much for this. You are favoured already. Go and shine.

A question please, how were you able to sort the issue of booking and calling the people to book. You got them on phone or what method did you use. Thank you.
They have updated the hotels in a way that you can book online go to the website there are some hotels in which you can book directly with them Online go through the list beside some of the hotels there is "Online Booking" beside them click on the hotel it will take you directly to the booking page but confirm the price before booking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theanyanwu: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2021
Tarama:
Hi guys,

Please I need advice. Got admission to two schools/program and trying to decide which one has the most likely visa approval chance and future prospect in Canada. Payment deadline is due soon and need to choose quickly. The two programs are PgD Finance in NSCC, and PgD Advanced Business Management in University of Winnipeg.
hello Chief, when you say PGD I want to understand it means Post Graduate Diploma yeah?

I'm currently at this situation. I can't find PGD for management science or marketing in University of Winnipeg's website.

Please how can I find if they offer the course and what are the steps I need to take please?

Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.