Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862282 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2021
Shinobi231:
Please gurus in the house ,2017 I ran through The process of getting a visa via online, I got masters in ICT in a Nigerian university ,I applied for a diploma in social work form red deer college , my company directed I run the program so I could train the disabled ,so I was told if I get a diploma in the program I will get a salary upgrade in my company in Nigeria...I deposited 4,200000million for upkeep after paying The school fees ,my mum was my sponsor, so while the money was deposited there was little error of withdrawals to my sponsors account instead of deposits, I got denied...so I plan applying this year, please house advice on how I go about my application this year...attached is my gcms note...please review and advice a brother please....advice if I should run same process again , although I work for a new firm now...thanks

You need to provide a seperate letter of explanation addressing the lump sum deposit that came into your account and provide verifiable evidence as to the origin of the funds.

Note: that your present application will be processed by the visa office in Nairobi not Accra anymore.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Mami1,

Please, can we know the actual amount.

One love!

The range of 6000CAD-7000CAD is fair. Just show that after factoring all possible expenses for your child, you still have enough money to cater for whatever else comes up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2021
Sacollins123:
Good afternoon house
Please I am currently applying for a study permit online and I will like to know if I will need to submit a hardcopy passport photo and if yes, will I need to write my name an date of birth on it.
Lastly will I need to sign the online forms.

Submit an E-copy of your passport photograph with your application. You're also not required to sign any of the immigration forms. Upon uploading of documents into their various columns, you will be required to electronically sign your application with your full name as written on passport.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Papapa1234: 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
How can you write this when everyone knows the NSE request is just for your application to be processed faster until IRCC says otherwise..stop attaching clause that ircc themselves didnt attach
kelvine95:

1. IELTS is not difficult and I encourage you to write it.
2. Please submit your sponsor's 1 year bank statement using the mybankstatement service.

You can decide to ignore, but then, I feel the NSE request is an opportunity to show that you can adequately take care of your financial responsibilities while in Canada and to also proof that you are genuine student by taking the IELTS test.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
marcelonwa:
Good afternoon guys,
Please I need a clue on This my issue nw
I applied on Jan 25th 2021
Biometrics done Jan 28th
Since then I haven’t heard anything from IRCC, no NSE, No nothing.. Okay eligibility review started on February 17th, and I went ahead to book my medicals at IOM Lagos,
Just yesterday I just yesterday for my GCMS notes,
Because I have no clue what’s going on,
My program starts on May 17th 2021

Who else have this similar case as mine?
I need suggestions from the gurus in the house
Thanks

Your GCMS notes will provide a clearer insight about the current status of your application. No one can give you an explicit answer regarding your present application. You may want to share your GCMS notes on this platform once you receive it.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody,

Mr Frank and others in Canada

Please I want to confirm if the weekly 20hours of work has been lifted. I was in a zoom meeting with some Canadian government officials and they mentioned something like that .

I want your first hand opinion.

Thank you

Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, international students are presently working above 20hrs/week.

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:

we share similar timeline.

applied 27th january with all NSE requirements.
eligibility review started 17th february.
I have been getting only ghost updates for now.
I am optimistic that they would give final decision this month before 18th.

Given your profile and updates on your application. You're most likely to get your visa approved this time.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Given your profile and updates on your application. You're most likely to get your visa approved this time.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much Frank.

You have always been there for us all.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Please I need you guys assistance.. I got a mail from Canada Embassy to present IELTS RESULT and a year statement of account.. canada Christian college has issued IELTS waiver letter while have gotten another IELTS waiving letter from the institution where I graduated from here in Nigeria. I know IELTS an be difficult, what the probability of been given visa.
People have used the waiver n gotten visa so yours will also end in praise.. amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Longjonjoe:

My guy thank you for this explanation
We dey together chief

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Longjonjoe:

My guy thank you for this explanation
We dey together chief.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
Latmos997:
My Admission is for May 2021, is it advisable to apply for my Visa now middle of March or I should send a message to the school to postpone it till September. I don't know, the average Visa process in Nigeria is 4 month and I've just one and half month.
please submit now, if your documents are ready...I stated the journey in August. Later deferred to may though..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Gennyoma19:
Good morning house. I am asking this question on behalf of someone. He applied for Visa late last year to study a post graduate Certificate but was denied because he had an ongoing masters program which he mentioned because he was almost done.

Now he wants to apply again next week with a letter of explanation that he will be done before his post graduate program starts. Going for a PGC is to get more knowledge on a particular aspect of his previous study. Please what are his chances?
he shouldn't have mentioned the Masters programme. Cos it's gon raise and eye brow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EstherJedidjah: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry for the delayed response from me. Its most likely that your statement of purpose for admission is not convincing and doesn't demonstrate that you're a deserving student for this program. Never to give up, I will guide on the right path towards securing admission for MSc in Sociology.

It will end in praise

@Frankrobbn1
I am almost in same situation with the poster only that mine is a different course.
I would also love to have your email
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Gennyoma19:
Good morning house. I am asking this question on behalf of someone. He applied for Visa late last year to study a post graduate Certificate but was denied because he had an ongoing masters program which he mentioned because he was almost done.

Now he wants to apply again next week with a letter of explanation that he will be done before his post graduate program starts. Going for a PGC is to get more knowledge on a particular aspect of his previous study. Please what are his chances?

My advice for your friend is to finish his masters program here and apply for PhD because there is no career progression by applying for PGD again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Did capture and biometrics 24th of January, not heard from them for medical and police report, and may is the program?? Hope all is fine??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
Did capture and biometrics 24th of January, not heard from them for medical and police report, and may is the program?? Hope all is fine??

they will not contact you to send a police report and Medical request is sent only when you are successful.

You should have submitted the police report along side your application.

May is still far though, anything can happen.

Meanwhile, has your eligibility review started?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
SonofEguasa:
Good day everyone,
I have been following this thread for a while now, i submitted my application November 18th got NSE request and submitted it January 7th while Eligibility Review Started the next day.

Last month i sent them emails asking for the status of my application and i got a reply from narobi stating that my application is still under active review, also got a reply from IRCC still stating that my application is still in process.

I went ahead and did upfront medicals and it was updated to pass in March 3rd, after the replies from IRCC i didn't send any mail again but i still got another mail from IRCC today around 6pm, below is the mail

IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Please guys is this a positive sign

I also sent webform and mail last week and didn't get any response from Nairobi and IRCC but got a confirmation from Guangzhou that they received it.. My application date was November 12 2020 and I am currently in my 3rd month of attending class online.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gennyoma19: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
OtunbaTee:
he shouldn't have mentioned the Masters programme. Cos it's gon raise and eye brow.
Thanks for your reply. But does he stand a chance of getting study permit with a strong Letter of explanation since the deed has already been done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
I don't really know much but it would have been best if you had submitted the police report and waited for medical request..
TANTUMERGO007:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gennyoma19: 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
femredhead:

My advice for your friend is to finish his masters program here and apply for PhD because there is no career progression by applying for PGD again.
Thanks for your reply. He will consider this option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
BillionaireTeen:
Good morning everybody

Please I have been looking for schools that offer full funding scholarship for an undergraduate program.

I have been searching but I have not found anyone of them that offer.

Please if you have any of them that offer it or how i can search for them, I will glad if you can tell me.

There is no scholarships available for undergraduate programs in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
I didn't go along with the online class, i deferred my admission to September... Waiting is becoming frustrating.

It will end in praise!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
I didn't go along with the online class, i deferred my admission to September... Waiting is becoming frustrating.

It will end in praise!!!

quote author=Benquip post=99683741] I also sent webform and mail last week and didn't get any response from Nairobi and IRCC but got a confirmation from Guangzhou that they received it.. My application date was November 12 2020 and I am currently in my 3rd month of attending class online. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cynnwaozuzu7: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hello everyone, pls how do I start my application process. I want to apply for PGD at humber college using my HND. This is my first time Pls I really need your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Going for PhD with partial funding.
Submitted my application on Jan 15th with my spouse and two kids.
Got NSE request Feb 2nd and responded same day. Review of additional documents started Feb 5th.
Upfront Medical updated for all on Feb 11.
My Spouse's and one of my Kids eligibility review started same day Feb 11. But my eligibility review is yet to start. I haven't heard from IRCC since the last update. A bit confused.

@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
other gurus in the house have you seen someone with similar experience before considering. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tarama: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1

Hi guys,

Please I need advice. got admission to two schools/program and trying to decide which one has the most likely visa approval chance and future prospect in Canada. Payment deadline is due soon and need to choose quickly. The two programs are PgD Finance in NSCC, and PgD Advanced Business Management in University of Winnipeg. Studied finance for undergrad, currently work in a bank, and want to progress in my career. University vs College? Course?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
BillionaireTeen:
Good morning everybody

Please I have been looking for schools that offer full funding scholarship for an undergraduate program.

I have been searching but I have not found anyone of them that offer.

Please if you have any of them that offer it or how i can search for them, I will glad if you can tell me.

There are no scholarships available for undergraduate programs in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cynnwaozuzu7:
Hello everyone, pls how do I start my application process. I want to apply for PGD at humber college using my HND. This is my first time Pls I really need your help.

Humber College is presently facing a high volume of applications from international students. I urge you to apply to other good institutions like Fanshawe College and Conestoga College.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow

How many months does it take to process student visa ....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
This new week has good news for us expecting it from Ircc!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow

How many months does it take to process student visa ....

The current standard processing times according to IRCC website is 14weeks. This is not applicable to every application received by IRCC as some applicants gets faster processing/decison within a month.

It will end in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.