Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,388 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862233 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by samycage: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Bro please how did you make payment for the 3-day hotel booking. can nigerian cards work as payment information??

1. Book online https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html#wb-cont. Choose province of where you'll be landing, preferably where your school is located, if your school province isnt there, chose the nearest amongst the 4 listed on the website then u book a connecting flight to your province where ull finish the 11days compulsory quarantine.

2. When filling the arrivecan, you'll input the address of your final destination where you're gon quarantine for the remaining 11days. So ure def gon book another flight to your final destination, now or before the 3rd day ends at the hotel.

3. Not so, if your school is in Toronto, then u just connect to your final destination..if your final destination isnt in Toronto, then u gats book flight or cab to your final destination [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by samycage: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Thanks thanks will do that.
awys:

Send mails to Lagos and Abuja Visa offices since yours is paper application you won't get Passport Request if you submitted your passport with your Application it will be returned to you stamped but if did not submit it then send mails to Lagos and Abuja Visa Offices they will reply you on the next steps. lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca,lagos@international.gc.ca, abuja@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The current standard processing times according to IRCC website is 14weeks. This is not applicable in most cases as some applicants gets faster processing/decison within a month.

It will end in praise
But what are the things one has to watch out for during the processing, like strength and weakness
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

But what are the things one has to watch out for during the processing, like strength and weakness

The strength and weakness of your application should be considered prior to the submission of your application not after submission. Once your application has been received by IRCC, all documents are open for verification and a decision is being made based on the documents present on file. You should monitor all correspondences via your CIC account.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good Evening House!

Please I have a question! If I were to use a notarised gift deed from my parents for my study permit application, should I still show my 4months bank statement, or just 1 month bank statement? And also
Do I need the still show the 4months bank statements of my parents or just mine only Nd the notarised gift deed?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:
Good Evening House!

Please I have a question! If I were to use a notarised gift deed from my parents for my study permit application, should I still show my 4months bank statement, or just 1 month bank statement? And also
Do I need the still show the 4months bank statements of my parents or just mine only Nd the notarised gift deed?
Thanks

In view of the foregoing, you're required to provide a 4 months bank statement while your parents provide a month bank statement to show that the funds were originally transferred from their account. The notarised gift deed is the legal document to prove the provenance of the transaction.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

In view of the foregoing, you're required to provide a 4 months bank statement while your parents provide a month bank statement to show that the funds were originally transferred from their account. The notarised gift deed is the legal document to prove the provenance of the transaction.

It will end in praise

Thanks very much, I took your advice Nd I applied to University of Saskatchewan, my admission didn't waste time unlike MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

How do one fix the home tie on SOP boss?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Also I would like to state that I'm still young and my bank statement is basically nothing (hahahaha), Nd by collecting a gift deed a huge sum of money will show! (for the first time in 4months) Hope there will be no problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

Also I would like to state that I'm still young and my bank statement is basically nothing (hahahaha), Nd by collecting a gift deed a huge sum of money will show! (for the first time in 4months) Hope there will be no problem
150k you go flash your account...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

150k you go flash your account...

Please abeg ohh which one be flashing account again? I thought with gift deed you don't need all these kind things??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

Please abeg ohh which one be flashing account again? I thought with gift deed you don't need all these kind things??
That one too follow, even heard some use investment certificate after sponsor's fund. Still 150k for the investment certificate but not sure though cause I never get LOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jonaholorun(m): 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
Please help I have few questions

Do I need to show proof of funds for the NSE route again seeing there is full funding of about 40k, I intend to apply for two family members as well.

Secondly I need the link directly to the NSE, I have checked and checked still didn't get through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

Thanks very much, I took your advice Nd I applied to University of Saskatchewan, my admission didn't waste time unlike MUN

Glad to hear you heeded to my advice and it worked for you. Trust me from my first-hand experience, your study permit application will be a success if you're able to cover every loopholes in the application that could raise the eyebrows of the visa officer.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Glad to hear you heeded to my advice and it worked for you. Trust me from my first-hand experience, your study permit application will be a success if you're able to cover every loopholes in the application that could raise the eyebrows of the visa officer.

It will end in praise

Frank please help respond to my query. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in Praise

Love that last statement you make at every post.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

Who will be your main sponsor for your studies in Canada? Is the huge sum termed Gift of deed your only main POF?

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kkddyit:
Going for PhD with partial funding.
Submitted my application on Jan 15th with my spouse and two kids.
Got NSE request Feb 2nd and responded same day. Review of additional documents started Feb 5th.
Upfront Medical updated for all on Feb 11.
My Spouse's and one of my Kids eligibility review started same day Feb 11. But my eligibility review is yet to start. I haven't heard from IRCC since the last update. A bit confused.

@Frankrobbn1
@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
other gurus in the house have you seen someone with similar experience before considering. Thanks in advance.

@Frankrobbn1, please help respond to this. Just a bit confused as to how my eligibility hasn't started being the primary applicant and those of my dependents have since started. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Gennyoma19:
Thanks for your reply. But does he stand a chance of getting study permit with a strong Letter of explanation since the deed has already been done
What God cannot fix doesn't exist...but theres no career progression in that..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Who will be your main sponsor for your studies in Canada? Is the huge sum termed Gift of deed your only main POF?

It will end in praise
My uncle is the main sponsor, he's covering tuition, while my parents are covering gift deed for living expenses, hope that is okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

Love that last statement you make at every post.

That's my slogan! "It will end in Praise" cool cool cool

I usually use this statement to end every piece of information of mine on this window as I have this strong belief in my mind that everyone on this platform will definitely share their success stories in God's appointed time. I hope it stands to motivate everyone viewing my posts.

It will end in praise

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

My uncle is the main sponsor, he's covering tuition, while my parents are covering gift deed for living expenses, hope that is okay?

Your uncle (third party) being the main sponsor to your study permit application will drastically reduce your chances of getting approval. This is because it is almost impossible for a third party (uncle) to incur such huge cost for an undergraduate degree that is way cheaper in Nigeria. I will prefer you use your parents as your primary sponsorship than an Uncle who is overwhelmed with lots of responsibilities that include family, business and personal welfare.

I hope this information satisfies your immigration enquiry.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wadogho: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Your uncle (third party) being the main sponsor to your study permit application will drastically reduce your chances of getting approval. This is because it will be almost be impossible for a third party (uncle) to such huge cost for an undergraduate degree that is way cheaper in Nigeria. I will prefer you use your parents as your primary sponsorship than an Uncle who is overwhelmed with lots of responsibilities that include family, business and personal welfare.

I hope this information satisfies your immigration enquiry.

It will end in praise
Thanks very much ohhh
I will do as you have said!
But as for my bank statement showing gift deed hope there will be no issues
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jonaholorun:
Please help I have few questions

Do I need to show proof of funds for the NSE route again seeing there is full funding of about 40k, I intend to apply for two family members as well.

Secondly I need the link directly to the NSE, I have checked and checked still didn't get through.

You don't need to show proof of funds for the NSE route if you're on a fully funded scholarship scheme. Provide a letter from your supervisor and the scholarship grant letter from the University which corroborates that you've a scholarship.

There is no direct link for the NSE program on the IRCC website. You will be prompted to provide the NSE documents after the submission of your application.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wadogho:

Thanks very much ohhh
I will do as you have said!
But as for my bank statement showing gift deed hope there will be no issues

There will be no issues with your bank account statement showing a gift deed from your parents. Its 100% legal for parents or close relatives to provide a gift deed in form of immovable assets or cash for any visa application to Canada. The visa officer are fully educated and aware of this, and such doesn't raise any concerns. My professional advice remains that your sponsor should be your parents not a third party for an undergraduate degree in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

There will be no issues with your bank account statement showing a gift deed from your parents. Its 100% legal for parents or close relatives to provide a gift deed in form of immovable assets or cash for any visa application to Canada. The visa officer are fully educated and aware of this, and such doesn't raise any concerns. My professional advice remains that your sponsor should be your parents not a third party for an undergraduate degree in Canada.

It will end in praise
What about if I have an investment certificate??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Komeoby: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hello,

My friend is going for an undergraduate degree in Canada. Her parents are her sponsors but she wants to pay her tuition before her application and since her older brother is abroad (USA), it's easier for him to pay the tuition from there.

Will this be a concern for the visa officer as the payment of tution will not reflect in her sponsor's bank statement?

Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwahush98: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
@Frankrobbn1
I was asked to provide my IELTS exam result and bank statements certificate before the 1st of April I have the statement certificate but I don't have IELTS should I submit the bank statement and ignore the IELTS or ignore both and if ignore how long do you think my processing will take have submitted other required documents except from the bank statement certificate and IELTS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by QueenOIC: 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
CuteCandy90:
Pls who else applied to university of guelph?

What’s their timeline on admissions decision?

I completed my application on December 16th but I haven't gotten any response yet.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

What about if I have an investment certificate??

The investment certificate should be a subordinate POF as it cannot cover for the entire 4 year undergraduate degree program in Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Oluwahush98:
@Frankrobbn1
I was asked to provide my IELTS exam result and bank statements certificate before the 1st of April I have the statement certificate but I don't have IELTS should I submit the bank statement and ignore the IELTS or ignore both and if ignore how long do you think my processing will take have submitted other required documents except from the bank statement certificate and IELTS

You've to provide a letter of explanation detailing why you're unable to provide the IELTS result. A rational reason must suffice to proof your inability to prepare for the IELTS exam. Even though you decide to ignore the NSE request, you still have to advice in writing your reasons for non-compliance to the NSE program.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
Oluwahush98:
@Frankrobbn1

why not just take the IELTS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.