Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (859794 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

@Ajoke08

Ok,

While you await response from the gurus, this is my own opinion,

Based on your GCMS notes, it's quite obvious you were refused based on Academic/Career Progression.

You going for a DIPLOMA means you are going for a Program lower than your initial academic qualification (B.SC) and that's a wrong Academic/Career Progression, a Visa Officer can easily assume your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to study and that's a Red Flag most time.

Possible Solution for you
You would likely not see a Graduate program in Confectionery, but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Confectionery and interestingly, it's all about FOOD.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs, check their Admission Requirements, Overview, Course Outlines, Tuition for international students etc.

- Food Media
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Tourism (culinary Tourism)

- Food And Nutrition Management
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Work on your [b]SOP & LOE

On your SOP you gotta tailor any of this program to your Confectionery Business (WHY U ARE GOING FOR THIS PROGRAM).[/b]

AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM GURUS & OTHER MEMBERS IN-HOUSE
Lekiboboe couldn't have said it any better. Whatever program you decide to pursue (I recommend you critically examine the list the Lekiboboe posted and choose from one of them), describe it in your SOP as being critical towards the advancement/revamping/promotion of your business/career. Its mostly about the SOP (and other factors ofcourse). A well written SOP works wonders.
Do the above, back it up with prayers and re-apply.
cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations!! I will testify soon!

Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request provided- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. Medicals updated to passed- 6th March
14. PPR and BVL dropped - March 15th

This is the week of PPRs, Amen!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
I noticed that IRCC is handling more of those that applied this year. God touch them to remember us that applied last year in Jesus name Amen. What God cannot do does not exist

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to all those that received their PPR today.I tap into your testimonies and declare that I will receive mine this week in Jesus name Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
I know someone that got admission to NSCC,anything @ Toopee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Thank you.
Is it also true that Nigeria does not have Canadian Visa office and that visa applications submitted can be sent to the closest visa offices outside Nigeria, depending on who handles it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Klianud: 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
Emmyzdon:

@Klianud congratulations!!! U were the first person that responded to me when I asked question here. Please how much in total was in ur bank statement?

I know that one should have tuition fees + living expenses and some miscellaneous amount on top of that for them to find your accounts stable enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to those who received ppr

What of us those they didn’t send NSE request to

Have they forgotten about yours
This is approximately 8weeks now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jonosas: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline

Amen! Congratulations!!! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
khosen:

VFS Global
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja

Sent using DHL, I did a 2way courier, I live in Abuja, I paid 4100
please can you help me with the contact of the abuja courier its urgent i was told by vfs that my passport has been returned to dhl since friday and uptill now nothing to track on their website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

There is no logical progression for Business Analytics/Data Science with digital marketer. To the best of my knowledge, a management program should be your ideal course of study. An MBA program or Master of Economics are good options for your profile.

It will end in praise

Franky, there actually is a connection — in fact, a progression — there. The business statistical knowledge which could be derived from either Business Analytics or Data Science is very essential for a Digital Marketer: Without adequate knowledge of which market to focus his marketing and advertising campaigns on, the Digital Marketer is prone to whole lot of errors and waste of precious resources.

An Economics graduate who has worked as a digital marketer for a business firm could very well study to become a Data Scientist or Business Analyst. It all depends on how the applicant presents it in their SOP.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
JC101:

Okay, thank you. I submitted on the 10th to Abuja and I'm yet to hear from them
mail VFS abuja since u didnt recieve a mail and ask for the status of your submitted passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Klianud:

See timeline below:

Timeline

This was damn fast. Hearty congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day Guys, I have been denied Canadian study permit twice since I started applying in July 2020 and the worst part of my case is that I have started my program online in September 2020 before a feedback on my first application came out in October.

Please, who knows how I can be assisted in other to granted a study permit in this third time? I have paid my full first year tuition fees through my employer that’s sponsoring my program at nova Scotia community college, I am also an international student ambassador with the school.
I really don’t know why my situation is quite frustrating and painful because I know I should have been in Canada by now.

My first refusal was base on purpose of visit and not enough family ties in home country even after I stated in my SOP that my employer is sponsoring my program, my employer also wrote and submitted the necessary documents required of them.
In my second application, I countered this reasons and they refused me again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Honestly what God cannot do doesn’t exist at all!!! I have a BSC in Information Management (2.1) but my PPR dropped this morning for diploma in Information Technology. So I really believe if you really want to still go for a diploma after having a BSC, u can, and be very prayerful

Dude, it's not about this prayer of a thing. One can pray from now till 2022 and PPR will still not drop. Mind you, I ain't saying prayer doesn't work. But it's not the basic thing to be done. Your 1 out of 10 cases isn't enough to justify her reapplying for a diploma. Yes, she can indeed still reapply for the diploma if she actually insistently wishes to go for it. But to do so, she needs a thoroughly strong SOP to convince the VO.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
Personally, this too is what I will advise.

Lekiboboe:

@Ajoke08

Ok,

While you await response from the gurus, this is my own opinion,

Based on your GCMS notes, it's quite obvious you were refused based on Academic/Career Progression.

You going for a DIPLOMA means you are going for a Program lower than your initial academic qualification (B.SC) and that's a wrong Academic/Career Progression, a Visa Officer can easily assume your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to study and that's a Red Flag most time.

Possible Solution for you
You would likely not see a Graduate program in Confectionery, but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Confectionery and interestingly, it's all about FOOD.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs, check their Admission Requirements, Overview, Course Outlines, Tuition for international students etc.

- Food Media

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Tourism (culinary Tourism)

Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Work on your SOP & LOE

On your SOP you gotta tailor any of this program to your Confectionery Business (WHY U ARE GOING FOR THIS PROGRAM).

AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM GURUS & OTHER MEMBERS IN-HOUSE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Hello how really appreciate people effort here, am tired of waiting, submitted since October 15 2020
Don’t worry, you’ll soon get a positive reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
marcelonwa:
Congratulations to those who received ppr

What of us those they didn’t send NSE request to

Have they forgotten about yours
This is approximately 8weeks now
Your good news is about to drop, don’t worry yourself. I didn’t submit the NSE request and I applied in Nov 25, just got my PPR this morning
Yours is coming this month

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day guys,
Please if your employer is financially sponsoring your program in Canada, do they need to submit the company’s account statement with your application even after paying your 1 year tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Dude, it's not about this prayer of a thing. One can pray from now till 2022 and PPR will still not drop. Mind you, I ain't saying prayer doesn't work. But it's not the basic thing to be done. Your 1 out of 10 cases isn't enough to justify her reapplying for a diploma. Yes, she can indeed still reapply for the diploma if she actually insistently wishes to go for it. But to do so, she needs a thoroughly strong SOP to convince the VO.
Firstly, I’m not a dude
Secondly, of course you have to submit a very good SOP and other documents to back everything up and increase your chances.
Everything still depends on the person applying but so many people make it seem like it’s impossible getting a visa for diploma if you already have a BSC. This platform really discouraged me after I had applied cause I thought I wouldn’t get the visa at all, but I really thank God that there is nothing he can’t do.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
KRTL:
Postgraduate diploma or ordinary diploma??
Ordinary diploma

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
Metari1:
quote author=AugustBee post=99881550]

Thank you so much, please what is counterfoil? is it vfs abuja that will stamp the passports? sorry i am asking so many questions

For question 1: It is an official document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person's passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

2) Think so, you will see the place of issue when you receive it back.

Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
DubemSmg:
Good day Guys, I have been denied Canadian study permit twice since I started applying in July 2020 and the worst part of my case is that I have started my program online in September 2020 before a feedback on my first application came out in October.

Please, who knows how I can be assisted in other to granted a study permit in this third time? I have paid my full first year tuition fees through my employer that’s sponsoring my program at nova Scotia community college, I am also an international student ambassador with the school.
I really don’t know why my situation is quite frustrating and painful because I know I should have been in Canada by now.

My first refusal was base on purpose of visit and not enough family ties in home country even after I stated in my SOP that my employer is sponsoring my program, my employer also wrote and submitted the necessary documents required of them.

Kindly share your timeline for the 2nd application. Also, share the documents you submitted. And don't forget to apply for your gcms notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day everyone,

Please I need SOP so please if you can offer me yours do not hesitate to reach me vial mail...

akoredeakinkunmi454@gmail.com

Kindly spare your time to send it please ���

50 SOP not too much

Thanks, God bless everyone.�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Honestly what God cannot do doesn’t exist at all!!! I have a BSC in Information Management (2.1) but my PPR dropped this morning for diploma in Information Technology. So I really believe if you really want to still go for a diploma after having a BSC, u can, and be very prayerful

Please how were you able to pull this off?
I’m a 2.2 BSC graduate from microbiology, now in Diploma program (Occupational health and safety) at Nova Scotia community college Halifax, even though the requirement for the program is a undergraduate degree, I have been refused a study permit twice now.
I have been in the program since September 2020 and I have fully paid my 1 year tuition and fees.
Please How did you go about your SOP/LOE ?
I need help!!! �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Thank you.
Is it also true that Nigeria does not have Canadian Visa office and that visa applications submitted can be sent to the closest visa offices outside Nigeria, depending on who handles it?
Don't know about this, probably the gurus would have an answer to this question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
DubemSmg:

Please how were you able to pull this off?
I’m a 2.2 BSC graduate from microbiology, now in Diploma program (Occupational health and safety) at Nova Scotia community college Halifax, even though the requirement for the program is a undergraduate degree, I have been refused a study permit twice now.
I have been in the program since September 2020 and I have fully paid my 1 year tuition and fees.
Please How did you go about your SOP/LOE ?
I need help!!! �
I worked with a good agent in Abuja, I was really surprised that I got the visa self. I was already expecting a denial. But the agent I used once worked in the embassy, so he knows the necessary requirements.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
You need SOP? What do you mean?

Officialksolo:
Good day everyone,

Please I need SOP so please if you can offer me yours do not hesitate to reach me vial mail...

akoredeakinkunmi454@gmail.com

Kindly spare your time to send it please ���

50 SOP not too much

Thanks, God bless everyone.�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
DubemSmg:

Dubem, could it be that they're worried about your own personal finances? How about you ask your employer to have your living expenses (and, if possible, your second year tuition) transferred to your personal account, including the money for your travel expenses?

Also, did you submit your personal bank statement in those previous applications? From my experience last year and this January, I can say that IRCC often gets apprehensive when applicants who are funded, whether by an employer or their university, do not submit their personal bank statement (or at least that of a family member). My first application (submitted in June 2020 before I discovered this Nairaland thread) was refused this past January simply because I submitted only my PhD Deans Scholarship letter from USask and didn't include my personal bank statement — no thanks to the wrong advice I got from USask's International Student and Study Abroad Centre, and friends studying in Canada.

As for the family ties, maybe you could tell us about your family composition here in Nigeria. That'll help the house advise you better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Congratulations!!!!

So you know,
No two application is the same.

What works for Chidozie might not work for Nnaemeka

Everyone have different stories, profile, background

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

I worked with a good agent in Abuja, I was really surprised that I got the visa self. I was already expecting a denial. But the agent I used once worked in the embassy, so he knows the necessary requirements.

Please Mr Kayyy, how can i get in touch? my situation is really frustrating right now.
Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello guys
I applied 12 December 2019
Biometrics done next day
Medical request 9 feb 2021
Medical passed 26 feb 2021
Loa request 15 March 2021
Wen will I get approval am tired of this waiting program

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.