Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (859203 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Dubem, could it be that they're worried about your own personal finances? How about you ask your employer to have your living expenses (and, if possible, your second year tuition) transferred to your personal account, including the money for your travel expenses?

Also, did you submit your personal bank statement in those previous applications? From my experience last year and this January, I can say that IRCC often gets apprehensive when applicants who are funded, whether by an employer or their university, do not submit their personal bank statement (or at least that of a family member). My first application (submitted in June 2020 before I discovered this Nairaland thread) was refused this past January simply because I submitted only my PhD Deans Scholarship letter from USask and didn't include my personal bank statement — no thanks to the wrong advice I got from USask's International Student and Study Abroad Centre, and friends studying in Canada.

As for the family ties, maybe you could tell us about your family composition here in Nigeria. That'll help the house advise you better.

i submitted my personal bank statment sire that had 3.6M and also included my land property of 6M, all in naira.
for my family, i am the first child of the family, which i stated. i will attach my SOP to this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Abimbola15: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello everyone, want to clarify some things about getting an affidavit stating I will come back after studies. Will they refuse me staying after studies by the time i am done if i attach an affidavit stating i will come back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by HBola(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to you.
Please, how much did it cost you to do medicals? I've been trying to get an up-to-date price.

Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request provided- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. Medicals updated to passed- 6th March
14. PPR and BVL dropped - March 15th

This is the week of PPRs, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations!!!!

So you know,
No two application is the same.

What works for Chidozie might not work for Nnaemeka

Everyone have different stories, profile, background

That’s 100% true. What didn’t work for one might work for another

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
DubemSmg:

Please Mr Kayyy, how can i get in touch? my situation is really frustrating right now.
Thank You.
Pls I’m a lady.
No problem at all, could u send me an email so I could share his contact with you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slim2tite: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,I applied on the 25th of January for Study Visa(for me) with my spouse and kid,our medicals have been updated to pass,but I was surprised that my spouse's eligibility review has started since while mine has not started. Pls house what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DubemSmg: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Pls I’m a lady.
No problem at all, could u send me an email so I could share his contact with you.

i have, seen it yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
I'm experiencing same thing as you. I called DHL and sent emails to them, I was later told a request for pickup has been made and it should be picked up from Abuja VFS before the closing of business hour.

You should do the same:
Call 08039077000 or email
Ngdispatch@dhl.com, nginquiry@dhl.com,
Track@dhl.com

Note: always quote your return waybill number

[thor=skull4eva post=99906261]
please can you help me with the contact of the abuja courier its urgent i was told by vfs that my passport has been returned to dhl since friday and uptill now nothing to track on their website[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Klianud: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
HBola:
Congratulations to you.
Please, how much did it cost you to do medicals? I've been trying to get an up-to-date price.

I used IOM Abuja and it cost me 46500naira.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
I'm experiencing same thing as you. I called DHL and sent emails to them, I was later told a request for pickup has been made and it should be picked up from Abuja VFS before the closing of business hour.

You should do the same:
Call 08039077000 or email
Ngdispatch@dhl.com, nginquiry@dhl.com,
Track@dhl.com

Note: always quote your return waybill number

skull4eva:

please can you help me with the contact of the abuja courier its urgent i was told by vfs that my passport has been returned to dhl since friday and uptill now nothing to track on their website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2021
slim2tite:
Hello Everyone,I applied on the 25th of January for Study Visa(for me) with my spouse and kid,our medicals have been updated to pass,but I was surprised that my spouse's eligibility review has started since while mine has not started. Pls house what do you think?

Same case with me. Please check Frank's response to me on page 360-362. We also share same timeline.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slim2tite: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thank you.God bless you.Amen

Same case with me. Please check Frank's response to me on page 360-362. We also share same timeline.

It will end in praise.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
Yes I've gotten response for a Masters program.

Chimzy4real:
please has anyone who applied for uni. Brunswick gotten admission decision yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

@Ajoke08

Ok,

While you await response from the gurus, this is my own opinion,

Based on your GCMS notes, it's quite obvious you were refused based on Academic/Career Progression.

You going for a DIPLOMA means you are going for a Program lower than your initial academic qualification (B.SC) and that's a wrong Academic/Career Progression, a Visa Officer can easily assume your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to study and that's a Red Flag most time.

Possible Solution for you
You would likely not see a Graduate program in Confectionery, but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Confectionery and interestingly, it's all about FOOD.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs, check their Admission Requirements, Overview, Course Outlines, Tuition for international students etc.

- Food Media
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Tourism (culinary Tourism)
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

- Food And Nutrition Management
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Work on your SOP & LOE

On your SOP you gotta tailor any of this program to your Confectionery Business (WHY U ARE GOING FOR THIS PROGRAM).

AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM GURUS & OTHER MEMBERS IN-HOUSE
greetings to you sir trust you are doing great please I had my Bsc in micro biology and I’m planning to go for my masters please which course can you suggest would show career progression looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Your good news is about to drop, don’t worry yourself. I didn’t submit the NSE request and I applied in Nov 25, just got my PPR this morning
Yours is coming this month
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Please guys help ooo. Does a letter of support from my mum stating that she will assist with looking after my kids in my absence need to be sworn in court?
Also letter from my husband supporting, my proposed studies, do I need to swear Affidavit or I can just upload a letter signed by them? They're both not rendering any financial assistance I'm self-sponsored.
Ejorrr biko help.

@FrankRobbn1 @lekiboboe @Awys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Can U plz share your timeline. I don't want to believe you are here to advertise an agent
Kayyyy:

I worked with a good agent in Abuja, I was really surprised that I got the visa self. I was already expecting a denial. But the agent I used once worked in the embassy, so he knows the necessary requirements.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
Officialksolo:
Good day everyone,

Please I need SOP so please if you can offer me yours do not hesitate to reach me vial mail...

akoredeakinkunmi454@gmail.com

Kindly spare your time to send it please ���

50 SOP not too much

Thanks, God bless everyone.�

Please someone should help me out on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Your good news is about to drop, don’t worry yourself. I didn’t submit the NSE request and I applied in Nov 25, just got my PPR this morning
Yours is coming this month
Amen
I tap into it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ayokaq:
Can U plz share your timeline. I don't want to believe you are here to advertise an agent
Have no problem sharing my timeline;
Submitted: Nov 25th
Submission confirmation: Nov 25th
Did upfront medicals: Nov 19th
Biometrics collection letter: Nov 26th
NSE Request; Dec 17th
(Didn’t submit the documents, was going through personal issues)
BVL and PPR: March 15th (today)

Documents submitted;
LOA and school receipt (initial deposit)
Letter of introduction from parents
Bank statement
Nysc discharge letter
Statement of result
Letter from my uncle in Canada (as in introduction)
SOP
Letter from my mom’s office
Don’t know if any other documents were added by my agent though. But these were the documents I gave him

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ayokaq:
I just want to help anyone that is interested in using an agent, we should be helping each other in any way we can to achieve our goals, whether by guiding one on how to process everything themselves or linking them to reasonable agents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dramacox: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Please guru in the house I need your help am a newbie here.
Please I need some answers to this bothering questions.
I had 2.2 in Bsc computer science since 2007
I have 10 years working experience working with State government as computer analyst.
Married with 3 kids
I intend going for graduate certificate program computer network course.
Questions:
I hope my age won't affect my chance getting visa?
Do I need to do IETLS?
What should I have in my closing bank statement?
Despite my age can I still use sponsor?
What should be closing balance of my sponsors?
What are the documents required from my sponsor?
Any other profitable advise will be highly appreciated.

Please even if my questions are irrelevant, try to help your brother. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
Restoredglory:
I know someone that got admission to NSCC,anything @ Toopee?

I wanted to know how they paid the 1k fee but I’ve been able to do that. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2021
Austin163:
Thanks Frankrobbn1 for your good responses. I have statement of result which represents my transcript, I think. This statement of result can be found on my school portal,online. I will also provide means of checking the result online. 2. I'm a matured student, I have a good statement of account but very poor closing balance and that's why I decided to use my uncle. Please, I need clarification on this. Thanks.

If the immigration authorities of Canada can verify your results online through the school's official website, you might not face any issues with that. However, it will almost be impossible to convince the visa officer as a matured student that you're a bonafide applicant if your bank statement has a low balance as at the time of your application. In light of this, its highly recommended you build you statement to a reasonable extent before submitting your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ajoke08:
Good morning everyone..I just received my GCMS note. Will appreciate if the gurus in the house can help me out. I have BSC in Marketing, but I have been in the confectionery industry for the past 10yrs. I have a registered business and I included all the trainings certificate I have in my application.

The visa officer is not satisfied with your intent to study in Canada considering that you've a degree and now seeking to pursue an ordinary diploma. I will suggest you apply for a Post Graduate Certificate in Global Business Management or better still try an MBA program since own a registered business in Nigeria. This will prove to the visa officer in your next application that your situation has substantively changed to merit a visa.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Franky, there actually is a connection — in fact, a progression — there. The business statistical knowledge which could be derived from either Business Analytics or Data Science is very essential for a Digital Marketer: Without adequate knowledge of which market to focus his marketing and advertising campaigns on, the Digital Marketer is prone to whole lot of errors and waste of precious resources.

An Economics graduate who has worked as a digital marketer for a business firm could very well study to become a Data Scientist or Business Analyst. It all depends on how the applicant presents it in their SOP.

That sounds good, albeit that would require a rational and persuasive letter to scale through. Most of these visa officers are not custodian of knowledge, so one has to properly detail their reasons for choosing their proposed program of choice in Canada rather than pursuing a similar option in home country.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Andrewtee122: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
[quote author=Rootiab post=99799234]congrats. Pleasd share timeline. I'm next in line. IT WILL END IN PRAISES

Sorry I haven't been able to send my timeline but here it is.
Applied November 17th
- NSE request December 15th.
- NSE request submitted December 30th
- Eligibility review that same day 30th of December
- Upfront Medical- January 12th
- Medical passed- January 22nd
- Request letter to re-pay my application fee- February 4th
On the 22nd of February at this point I got frustrated and followed @awys, @otunbatee's advice of sending emails to Nairobi and China I sent alot and I got a message from them saying they won't reply to my emails anymore on the 10th of March, the very next day-- PPR dropped
-PPR- March 11th, submitted my passport to Abuja vfs next day using UPS.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
skull4eva:

please can you help me with the contact of the abuja courier its urgent i was told by vfs that my passport has been returned to dhl since friday and uptill now nothing to track on their website

I don't have DHL contact number. When you did two way courier were you not given two tracking numbers? Track using the second tracking number given to you, on DHL website you can see expected date of delivery. If you are not in Abuja allow 3 business days for delivery.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dramacox: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
@Frankrobnn1 please help
dramacox:
Please guru in the house I need your help am a newbie here.
Please I need some answers to this bothering questions.
I had 2.2 in Bsc computer science since 2007
I have 10 years working experience working with State government as computer analyst.
Married with 3 kids
I intend going for graduate certificate program computer network course.
Questions:
I hope my age won't affect my chance getting visa?
Do I need to do IETLS?
What should I have in my closing bank statement?
Despite my age can I still use sponsor?
What should be closing balance of my sponsors?
What are the documents required from my sponsor?
Any other profitable advise will be highly appreciated.

Please even if my questions are irrelevant, try to help your brother. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tiara97:
Congratulations!!

Thank you soooo much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to all those who just got their PPR.

I am next in line for my testimony in Jesus Name! AMEN.

Everyone of us expecting, our expectations shall not be cut short in Jesus Name! Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Restoredglory:
Congratulations to Kilanud,recxa, Kayyy and everyother person that got their PPR recently. I tap into your testimonies and I declare that I will receive mine this week in Jesus name Amen
Amen!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.