Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (880979 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Papapa1234: 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
Pls let’s leave Guru work for the real Gurus..not everyone here is qualified to answer questions here biko..
Some of you will just respond hastily..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Papapa1234: 10:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
I withdrew my visit visa 2020..I got bvl first,then few days later it was withdrawn..
dyce101:
Good evening guys

I filed for a withdrawal March 17
I was waiting for them to send me a message that my previous application has been withdrawn

But this was the message I saw
Please Can someone tell me why they are sending this to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
So this is how u people that have received passport request feel when u visit Nairaland, this feeling is too sweet o grin I wish it for every other hopeful applicant here, it shall end in praise!!!

Sweet feeling grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Royalty95:

Sweet feeling grin cheesy

The feeling no be here bro
I tap from ur blessings �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
Aissy:
Good evening house
Please so I have a little issue, today was the deadline for my NSE documents submission and I was only able to upload my IELTS because my dad couldn’t do that MBS certificate because they said he doesn’t do mobile banking. Now here is the issue I was hoping I could send his bank statement directly from my account by Monday? Also he has two accounts with that bank but the one with my funds has only be running for 6months because he transferred money from fixed deposit and created that account just for it, so please how do I go about all these ? Please I would really appreciate any form of advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Meringe(m): 12:05am On Mar 27, 2021
Onweke:

Look for someone that has a dormilicary account with ATM or someone abroad who can assist you with the payment. The limit for DORM online transaction is above $100. The limit for Naira ATM online transaction is $100.
Thank you, my guy in uk did that for me already.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Slapsticker: 1:01am On Mar 27, 2021
Please do well to keep us posted.

Thanks a bunch

Tosbolkem:

The statement 'Do not submit to CIC for study permit' is there because you have not paid. After payment, they will send another letter of acceptance which will not have that statement again.
I am going to Lambton College - Business Management, May 2021 stream. I am at the medicals stage. I have submitted my medicals and presently awaiting their response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 4:23am On Mar 27, 2021
Aissy:
Good evening house
Please so I have a little issue, today was the deadline for my NSE documents submission and I was only able to upload my IELTS because my dad couldn’t do that MBS certificate because they said he doesn’t do mobile banking. Now here is the issue I was hoping I could send his bank statement directly from my account by Monday? Also he has two accounts with that bank but the one with my funds has only be running for 6months because he transferred money from fixed deposit and created that account just for it, so please how do I go about all these ? Please I would really appreciate any form of advise
The situation is daisy. How can you send someone else's bank statement from your account? Did your father visit his bank? You should have reached out earlier. You won't meet the requirement for NSE with a 6 months bank statement. If truly mobile Banking is required for MBS, then submit your IELTS and write a letter stating why you're unable to submit the mbs. But I highly doubt the mobile banking requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 4:24am On Mar 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 5:15am On Mar 27, 2021
shupy:
The situation is daisy. How can you send someone else's bank statement from your account? Did your father visit his bank? You should have reached out earlier. You won't meet the requirement for NSE with a 6 months bank statement. If truly mobile Banking is required for MBS, then submit your IELTS and write a letter stating why you're unable to submit the mbs. But I highly doubt the mobile banking requirement.

I think you need internet banking for GTB ticket Id and password.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:38am On Mar 27, 2021
Aissy:
Good evening house
It's not mandatory one has a mobile banking before sending MBS my sponsor never had mobile banking but I generated her MBS. This is how it works go to the bank where is Account is domiciled tell them you want the MBS certificate they will send the statement directly to the embassy and then a ticket ID and password will be generated instantly in which they will print out for you immediately that's what you will upload back except if the bank your sponsor uses is not on the MBS platform yet
There are some banks like GTB bank which you can do this through your mobile banking app you send the statement directly to the Canadian Embassy and then instantly the ticket ID and password will be sent to the mail you used in opening the account or you log in to your internet banking to download it that was what I did cuz I bank with GTB.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slimy205: 6:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Hello guru. How do I know my VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 6:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Please, did anyone apply to Trent University for Fall 2021 and has gotten admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2021
No one knows and no one is supposed to know. You ought to just keep calm and be prayerful.It will end in praise
slimy205:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2021
slimy205:

Do you mean your VO or the office handling your Application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2021
Wow! Another PPR!!! Congratulations!!!
I can't wait to experience this feeling too
God I am waiting for my own PPR

sleekcheek:
So this is how u people that have received passport request feel when u visit Nairaland, this feeling is too sweet o grin I wish it for every other hopeful applicant here, it shall end in praise!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:36am On Mar 27, 2021
skull4eva:

Thank you sir. about the second question I am just asking that is it possible to change program without any effect from both school and IRCC. there is possibility of my supervisor probably taking away my graduate research offer of 18k initially attached to the phd

Hello Skull4eva,

The only downside of this move is (the probability of) losing your funding. Most likely, except for some discretion best known to the school or potential supervisor. Speak to your supervisor and find out what the supervisor thinks or best to advise you.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2021
Mcilfero:
@Frankrobbn1 @justmellow please help me
I am about applying for visa but the statement of account I intend to use is that of my Dad but the problem is my brother has applied with this same statement since October and hasn't gotten response. Now he has moved on with his business and I just want to apply. If I use this same account, won't it raise questions or affect decisions on financial status. Please help

Hello Mcilfero,

As long as it is sufficient, you have no worries. BTW, it will be proactive for your brother to request his notes to understand what might be making the application tarry.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2021
Papapa1234:
I withdrew my visit visa 2020..I got bvl first,then few days later it was withdrawn..
thanks boss I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2021
shupy:
Oh sorry I don’t mean my bank account I mean my IRCC account like just upload paper copy of bank statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by henerie17: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2021
Please can I upload 5.5 in both listening and reading overall 6.0 for NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2021
awys:

It's not mandatory one has a mobile banking before sending MBS my sponsor never had mobile banking but I generated her MBS. This is how it works go to the bank where is Account is domiciled tell them you want the MBS certificate they will send the statement directly to the embassy and then a ticket ID and password will be generated instantly in which they will print out for you immediately that's what you will upload back except if the bank your sponsor uses is not on the MBS platform yet
There are some banks like GTB bank which you can do this through your mobile banking app you send the statement directly to the Canadian Embassy and then instantly the ticket ID and password will be sent to the mail you used in opening the account or you log in to your internet banking to download it that was what I did cuz I bank with GTB.
thank you very much, he banks with Polaris bank and yesterday they kept saying they can’t do it for him because of mobile banking , I really don’t know why.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Funformofi: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2021
Hello House, I'm a newbie and I have followed the Canada visa trend 17 and 18.
I must say I'm very impressed at the way information and support is given.

I am interested in migrating thru the study path. I have applied to Georgian college and awaiting their response.
I am a 40years old female, married with 3kids and have 17years work experience.

1, I really would like to how to package my application to include my children
2, Can I apply for my husband's visitor visa along with mine and the kids (I saw online that visitor visa takes 206 working days now)
I am applying for an advanced diploma in aviation......any downsides to this?

I really would appreciate your expertise and experience here. Thank you all
@baphil @justexcellent @frankbonn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2021
Rae3355:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I intend to apply for a study permit and travel with my 4-year old daughter who turns 5 in October, my husband is not traveling with us. I got admission to NSCC for a Grad Cert in Event Management.
I read on the IRCC website that a minor applying from outside Canada would need a study permit even though they are accompanying a parent. I also read on this forum that a child was not allowed to board the airplane because the child had a visitor's visa and the mom had a work permit.

"Visa offices processing temporary residence applications made outside Canada by minor children who want to study in Canada should consider them as students and not as visitors, even when they are accompanying a parent who is authorized to either work or study in Canada. In other words, a study permit is required, unless they are exempt from requiring one pursuant to Section R188."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/guidelines-on-minor-children.html

In filling the forms online, I have to upload a letter of acceptance from the school for my child as well as fill the IMM1294 form - I don't have a letter of acceptance because my friends in Canada told me that the School Board assigns kids to schools close to where they are living and I have not secured accommodation yet.

For those who applied with child(ren), please how did you go about this? I am confused. Please help!

Hello Rae3355,

For accompanying minors, the parent they are accompanying can either apply for a visitors record or study permit for them—using the LOA received from the DLI by PA. Nothing to worry about.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2021
shupy:
he removed the money from fixed deposit and created an account with the money that’s why it’s 6 months, can I attach the papers that indicate why the account doesn’t have a 1 year history and a letter of explanation and submit on Monday ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2021
Officialksolo:
Good day Nairalanders

I need a guideline/procedure on how to draft business handover agreement letter...I want to handover my business to the assistant manager with a legal backup because in my SOP I want to state that when am away the company will be manage by my assistant.

Please I need your help on this

Gurus in the house @lekiboboe, @JustMellow and others

Thanks

Hello Officialksolo,

You can check online for samples. There are a lot. You can interpret it to suit your situation. Or get a lawyer to draft one.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2021
Anon123:

OKAY, WHY WILL HE BE ISSUED A WORK PERMIT IF HE WONT USE IT.. Anyway i might be wrong but i feel its against the rules
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE APPLICANT WISHES TO APPLY FOR A PR IN FUTURE, WHAT WILL BE HIS EVIDENCE OF WORK EXPERIENCE

Bro!

Work experience during study doesn't count toward PR, but only PGWP does. A student may choose to work or not despite been issued the work permit.

One love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2021
silvamania:

Please note that you can work for more than 20hours per week during this COVID 19 period .

I asked during a Q&A with government officials in New Brunswick and they confirmed it

All the best

Very true.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
ichelle:

This is my case bro. My school wrote to me yesterday that my first semester will be online due to sovid-19 and I should let them know asap if would defer or not. I’m confused

Hello Ichelle,

Have you been able to sort it out?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kolaxx12(m): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Hello house, please I need information/advise.

I graduated with a 2.2 in Information Technology and I'm trying to apply to schools in Canada to further my studies. What approach do you suggest and what school does anybody think I can apply that I can stand a chance with my result. I know most universities prefer a minimum 2.1.
I recently sat for the IELTS exam and got an overall 8.0
I am trying to do this as quickly as possible. Any advise would be greatly helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:48am On Mar 27, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
My passport is expiring December which is less than six months, what happens when I get called for biometrics before may, hope no cause for alarm.

JustMellow Thaiy

Hello TANTUMERGO007,

If you can renew now, do it. Waiting for your PP to be 6 months before renewing might not be convenient in your situation.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.