Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (881103 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good evening NL

Do anyone here know if two people can share the 3 day hotel quarantine if they’re not family? I read on Canada website that it’s allowed for people who are travelling together to share the hotel to reduce cost. Has anyone here done this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

When is one required to submit IELTS??

NSE (Nigeria Student Express) route requires ielts and MBS as part of its requirements in processing SP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
Did u use Lagos or Abuja?

IboBoyNuel:

Passport received

Sent via DHL two way Courier service - 17th March
Counterfoil and LOI - 24th and 25th March, respectively.
Passport delivered to me today 26th March.

Please anyone who has recently traveled to Toronto should please PM me. I have questions please. What's the cheapest hotel for quarantine biko?

I won't even lie, this stamped visa looks beautiful grin been staring at it. Lol �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thaiy:

NSE (Nigeria Student Express) route requires ielts and MBS as part of its requirements in processing SP.
Had a friend that did his, he wasn't asked to write IELTS. He did biometrics same day he submitted his passport. That's the reason I'm asking...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
Second Application Timeline (Long Post Alert!!!)
Application submitted - Nov 5th
NSE request - Dec 8th
NSE documents review - Dec 29th
Upfront medicals passed - Dec 30th
Main eligibilty review - Jan 12th
First gcms notes received – Feb 11th (Eligibility: blank)
Second gcms notes received – Mar 18th (Eligibility: recommend interview)
PPR – Mar 26th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
LOE (drafted it myself then had a friend of mine who is a lawyer review it, I combined both my SOP and LOE addressing the reasons for my previous refusal)
Employment letter/Confirmation letter/Promotion letter
Payslips
Introduction letter from employer
Reference Letter from my direct boss (which I used during my school admission)
Letter of support from my Dad (Saying he transferred the sum of 4million to me for my living expense, I did not include any gift deed/affidavit of support just the letter which he signed)
Dad’s NIN slip
Declaration of Age/Birth Cert for myself and my siblings
Police clearance certificate
Bank Statement (no too much money, showed my full tuition plus a little above 10000 cad)
Pension account statement
Bsc Certificate
HR Professional Certification
Resume
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript
Proficiency in English Language
Family Pictures
Affidavit for Loss of Death Certificate (my mum is late, used it as a family tie saying me and my siblings need each other for moral support hence I will return home after my studies)
Certificate of Occupancy of my family house
IELTS result (NSE request)
Printed copy of my bank statement/Reference letter from my Bank (My Bank was not on MyBankStatement platform)

Reasons for First Refusal & How I Tackled It
Purpose of visit- My first degree was in Geography & Environmental Management, I applied to Memorial for masters in Employment Relations. As at the time when I first applied in May 2020, I was yet to get my results for my HR professional exams, but I mentioned it in my SOP. Also, I was still working as an executive assistant in my current organization although I was supporting HR department but have not officially moved to HR. During my second application, I added my CIPM certificates, also included an introduction letter from my company which stated that I was now in HR department. My reference letter from my previous boss also highlighted how I have a natural flair for HR and how he recommended my move to HR.
Personal assets & financial status- During my first application, I used both my mutual funds and my bank statement. In my second application, I liquidated my mutual funds and made sure I explained every lump sum with adequate proof. Also added a letter of support from my Dad to increase my POF.
Ties to home country- I used my family as my ties, talked a lot about how close we are and how we support each other. I also used my pension statement and my new role in HR as my tie and talked about how I will like to come back to Nigeria and change a lot of things in my organization and in the country when it comes to employee development and retention.

Hope this helps

Hello, please i will be delighted if you can help me for ur sop in hrm. Adeogunrelan@yahoo.com is my mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thank you so much that man have been looking for a way to rob me since the day I wrote my IELTS he told me that someone can help me with good grade $250 and I replied him then that j don't trust those things that we should just leave it to God to handle so that's why he use the lawyer immigration to cheat me this time around of 100$ (47k) omo*1000000000, Thank you so much
Thaiy:

I think you just got played by your agent, there is no need for any lawyer arguing your 5.0 in any band, he just swindled you of $100.
Here on this platform there are people whose applications were processed via Nigeria Student Express (NSE) who got PPR with 5.0 in ielts, be as it may, you can still have your application processed via the normal route by ircc.

Get your money back, if you can. All information to help your are on this platform if you want to help yourself.

All the best getting your money.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
That man is just ripping me off, I'm tired jare, he's even making me losing interest already because he once collected 1.3m from me that 30% tuitoin fee that I need to pay it for them to issue visa till now he never provide me the receipt of the 1.3m paid to the school (lethridge uni alberta) make God no let us fall victim and work with a criminal
marcelonwa:

Where Una day see this money, Una day waste like this �.. $100 for what? Collect ur funds back
Submit that 5.0band like that, leave the rest to God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thaiy:

I think you just got played by your agent, there is no need for any lawyer arguing your 5.0 in any band, he just swindled you of $100.
Here on this platform there are people whose applications were processed via Nigeria Student Express (NSE) who got PPR with 5.0 in ielts, be as it may, you can still have your application processed via the normal route by ircc.

Get your money back, if you can. All information to help your are on this platform if you want to help yourself.

All the best getting your money.

I ve ielts of 6.0 buh only 5.0 in reading, should i upload it. Cause i was thinking it might be the reason of refusing my visa so i did not want to upload it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please where can I upload my medical request form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
awys:

DOUBLE TREE HOTELS BY HILTON TORONTO WEST, COMFORT INN, FOUR POINTS, HAMPTON INN&SUITES those are the lowest I know

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
Silas12345:
That man is just ripping me off, I'm tired jare, he's even making me losing interest already because he once collected 1.3m from me that 30% tuitoin fee that I need to pay it for them to issue visa till now he never provide me the receipt of the 1.3m paid to the school (lethridge uni alberta) make God no let us fall victim and work with a criminal

Wait? You mean you gave him 1.3million and he hasn’t given you school receipt?

Better carry police go arrest that man

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
Did u use Lagos or Abuja?

Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good evening guys

I filed for a withdrawal March 17
I was waiting for them to send me a message that my previous application has been withdrawn

But this was the message I saw
Please Can someone tell me why they are sending this to me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by abumeinben(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

For Canada study visa, you have to show proof of your first year tuition and 10,000CAD for your living expenses. Unfortunately, 1 million Naira which is equivalent to 3,150CAD is insufficient to embark on this project. Your best decision is to look out for other cheaper European countries.

It will end in praise.

How can 3m port me there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
My PPR is here guys, it has finally ended in praise!!!!

Will share my timeline soon, meanwhile I plan to use Lagos VFS because from the recent trend it seems their processing timeline has improved. Please since this is my second application and I did my biometric at Lagos VFS do I still have to pay the transmission fee?

FINALLY, I GET TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2021
Yes ooo bro, different story everytime I wish I can do this thing on my own but las las if this thing don't work out I will use EFCC to arrest him
PotentialNurse:

Wait? You mean you gave him 1.3million and he hasn’t given you school receipt?

Better carry police go arrest that man

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2021
IboBoyNuel:

Passport received

Sent via DHL two way Courier service - 17th March
Counterfoil and LOI - 24th and 25th March, respectively.
Passport delivered to me today 26th March.

Please anyone who has recently traveled to Toronto should please PM me. I have questions please. What's the cheapest hotel for quarantine biko?

I won't even lie, this stamped visa looks beautiful grin been staring at it. Lol �

Please Stare at it well.
You deserve the Victory!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good evening
I ve been requested to summit my ielts for nse, the problem i am having is that i ve 5.5 in one of the modules reading precisely, i want to ask if it will reduce my chances if i upload it or i should just skip it and follow the normal route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
onomss:
Please where can I upload my medical request form?

You mean the form you were given after your medicals?

If Yes, look at the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
RELAN2446:
Good evening
I ve been requested to summit my ielts for nse, the problem i am having is that i ve 5.5 in one of the modules reading precisely, i want to ask if it will reduce my chances if i upload it or i should just skip it and follow the normal route?

Please, I'll dvise you upload it.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
Silas12345:
Jesus!!!! 1.3 what. Sha I don't know what to say. You should please arrest this man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DianneM: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
Hi, just did. i'm not sure how it works but I just sent you a mail too

quinstershaw:

Hi! Please check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DianneM: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thank you for your feedback, i guess I just have to be patient then.

Wishing you all the best
Spectro:

Good morning, DianneM

I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

I applied last year's March, and received my acceptance letter on 16/04/2021. I deferred my admission afterwards, because of the Covid 19, and because I had other things I was doing at the time.

So, logically I'd say it took about a month for final decision to be made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2021
deommanuel:

You mean the form you were given after your medicals?

If Yes, look at the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

No please .. I just started an online application .. and I’m uploading my documents but I don’t have an option to upload medical request form.. while I was filing out the questionnaire I stated I haven’t done medicals oh.. so I don’t know why they didn’t give me the form.. hope there is no issue??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DianneM: 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2021
Hello, wow that was fast! I'm just concerned about the window to apply for a student visa. I hear it may be denied even with an offer of admission.

I went through an agent and they have received all the documents they require including the LoR, I confirmed that through the student portal as well.

Thank you for the information though.

RxOtunba:
Admission to UWindsor takes about 2-4months normally, although I got my admission in abt 2 weeks, I wouldn't knw if it's bcuz of Covid-19 or bcuz I applied in 2018 and was refused. I dnt knw how long it took @spectro to get his admission anyway.

Also note that review of your application doesn't start until al documents have been received, including LoR from professor(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by HipheeO: 7:36pm On Mar 26, 2021
Yayyy!! Congratulations!!!

sleekcheek:
My PPR is here guys, it has finally ended in praise!!!!

Will share my timeline soon, meanwhile I plan to use Lagos VFS because from the recent trend it seems their processing timeline has improved. Please since this is my second application and I did my biometric at Lagos VFS do I still have to pay the transmission fee?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
PATIENCE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:
I got this pdf this morning, I don’t know what next to do, please if you can help I would appreciate it. If you’ve gone through this or solved this before please tell me what to do

Hi Shegzy,

There’s no cause for alarm. I got this same letter, this January and when I replied . They issued my PPR .... That means every other document is okay except that one , so see it as an opportunity instead of a challenged but you risk getting banned for 5years if infact the VO is right . Hopefully that’s not your case.

What I did ;

1. Got to your bank and print a one year MBS (upload from the date you got the letter back to same back date one year ago)

2. Write a letter of explanation and appeal to proof the VO wrong that your account is authentic

3. Merge them together and upload as a single file

If the account statements is genuine . You have nothing to worry about

Although , have seen people on some other platform saying the VO can still reject your application if there’s a lump sum money but I believe this should solve your problem

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by quinstershaw: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2021
DianneM:
Hello, wow that was fast! I'm just concerned about the window to apply for a student visa. I hear it may be denied even with an offer of admission.

I went through an agent and they have received all the documents they require including the LoR, I confirmed that through the student portal as well.

Thank you for the information though.

What course did you apply for? And is it the MAsc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2021
Sure, message me on Monday

RELAN2446:

Hello, please i will be delighted if you can help me for ur sop in hrm. Adeogunrelan@yahoo.com is my mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thanks a lot grin

deommanuel:

FINALLY, I GET TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60