Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (859190 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Squirrel01: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good day all, please when do one send his or her transcript? during application process or after ?I'm talking about admission process,Cost of sending transcript is on the high side in my school. And they won't give you the unofficial copy.please advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:
Please assist me the pic is blur, please open the file attached to this text

You have 15days to proof that the bank statement is not a fraudulent one.

Get an immigration lawyer fast or if you can proof it your self

Write a convincing letter or explanation accompanied with proof that it wasn't.

You can also get letter from the bank stating that it was not fake

Do this fast or hmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by keleto(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Why not try WU ? Its faster , less stressful and cheaper than Form A

bro, which one is WU
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2021
Western union
keleto:

bro, which one is WU
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Fresh88Man:
I got this too when I didnt submit my medical result on time..Qlife takes 3 to 10 working days to upload the result. Congratulations

So they updated it themselves after how long ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
Amen oh! Thanks so much.

ericksen:
It's a generic email.
Your application is still active though. Keep the hope alive.
You will smile soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ok thanks. When did u apply?

marcelonwa:

Have gotten the mail twice now
It’s generic
They send to anybody seeking enquiry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:
I got this pdf this morning, I don’t know what next to do, please if you can help I would appreciate it. If you’ve gone through this or solved this before please tell me what to do

Good day Chief,

If you are 1000000% sure the statement is genuine, kindly go to your bank, request for that same statement and attach a letter from your bank saying its genuine and was printed from them at so so so date and also include a number or email to contact.

If this account statement isnt genuine. Please forget about Canada for 5years, as you being banned is inevitable/unavoidable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
Second Application Timeline (Long Post Alert!!!)
Application submitted - Nov 5th
NSE request - Dec 8th
NSE documents review - Dec 29th
Upfront medicals passed - Dec 30th
Main eligibilty review - Jan 12th
First gcms notes received – Feb 11th (Eligibility: blank)
Second gcms notes received – Mar 18th (Eligibility: recommend interview)
PPR – Mar 26th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
LOE (drafted it myself then had a friend of mine who is a lawyer review it, I combined both my SOP and LOE addressing the reasons for my previous refusal)
Employment letter/Confirmation letter/Promotion letter
Payslips
Introduction letter from employer
Reference Letter from my direct boss (which I used during my school admission)
Letter of support from my Dad (Saying he transferred the sum of 4million to me for my living expense, I did not include any gift deed/affidavit of support just the letter which he signed)
Dad’s NIN slip
Declaration of Age/Birth Cert for myself and my siblings
Police clearance certificate
Bank Statement (no too much money, showed my full tuition plus a little above 10000 cad)
Pension account statement
Bsc Certificate
HR Professional Certification
Resume
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Undergraduate Transcript
Proficiency in English Language
Family Pictures
Affidavit for Loss of Death Certificate (my mum is late, used it as a family tie saying me and my siblings need each other for moral support hence I will return home after my studies)
Certificate of Occupancy of my family house
IELTS result (NSE request)
Printed copy of my bank statement/Reference letter from my Bank (My Bank was not on MyBankStatement platform)

Reasons for First Refusal & How I Tackled It
Purpose of visit- My first degree was in Geography & Environmental Management, I applied to Memorial for masters in Employment Relations. As at the time when I first applied in May 2020, I was yet to get my results for my HR professional exams, but I mentioned it in my SOP. Also, I was still working as an executive assistant in my current organization although I was supporting HR department but have not officially moved to HR. During my second application, I added my CIPM certificates, also included an introduction letter from my company which stated that I was now in HR department. My reference letter from my previous boss also highlighted how I have a natural flair for HR and how he recommended my move to HR.
Personal assets & financial status- During my first application, I used both my mutual funds and my bank statement. In my second application, I liquidated my mutual funds and made sure I explained every lump sum with adequate proof. Also added a letter of support from my Dad to increase my POF.
Ties to home country- I used my family as my ties, talked a lot about how close we are and how we support each other. I also used my pension statement and my new role in HR as my tie and talked about how I will like to come back to Nigeria and change a lot of things in my organization and in the country when it comes to employee development and retention.

Hope this helps

Congratulations .. I will be joining you soon . Also got admitted into MER program will be starting in September. Plan on submitting my application early next month.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
shegzy25:
I got this pdf this morning, I don’t know what next to do, please if you can help I would appreciate it. If you’ve gone through this or solved this before please tell me what to do
did u used agent or u did everything yourself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good Day NL
Please is there anyone traveling from Abuja probably May ending or within May?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
Diaperssbabies:
Hello my people. I am a first timer here. I have a Bsc in Accounting (2012).Msc in International Accounting (2013). I have about 3 years work experience till 2018. I am 32 years old. Now i am considering leaving Nigeria and i think Canada is a good option. Please do you think i can go for another Masters or please what is the best option for me? Thanks a lot

You can apply for a second Master's in different discipline like Public Administration. You should provide a LOE which would explain your intent to pursue a second Master's instead of a Phd

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Cflow10:

Helllo Frank, all the gurus and everyone.

Please if my masters is related to my university course of study but not related to my present line of work. Do I still need to present a study leave in my application ?

There will be no need providing a study leave for a position that is not in tandem with your intended program in Canada. By the way, how long have you been working in this capacity? In the case that you've vast experience in this job, I would advice you go for a program relevant to your current employment.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2021
elizyous:

Ok thanks. When did u apply?

Jan 25th 2021
After biometrics on the 28th
No updates again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Congrats too!
How long did it take to get admission after submitting your application for MER pls?

onomss:

Congratulations .. I will be joining you soon . Also got admitted into MER program will be starting in September. Plan on submitting my application early next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
chikafredu:

36 yr old going for a 2nd masters is a red flag. Apply for your PhD

Where was it stated on IRCC regulations and manuals that going for a second master's at the age of 36 is a red flag?

It is important to be mindful of the advices we dish out to others on this platform as several individuals rely and act on them. I can tell you for free that the applicant stand a chance of getting approval for her visa application with a second master's if she can rationally demonstrate in writing to the visa officer that the intended program is what she reasonably needs to progress in career and explain the benefits of studying it in Canada. I can barely count how many applications I know that were successful with similar profile. As a matter of fact, a matured applicant whom i vetted her SOP shared her success story on this platform last week. In a nutshell, the applicant can apply with a second masters and stand a chance for TRV success.

It will end in praise

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2021
Malone122:
Available
DM via whatsapp no on my signature
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimahsom: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please how do you upload your ielts result on the IRCC platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
Teepearls:
Congrats too!
How long did it take to get admission after submitting your application for MER pls?

I submitted in October and got admitted in March

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please I have a question

After I did my biometric they asked me to submit IELTS and I registered for it but I scored 5.0 instead of 6.0 they asked me to submit but my agent collected 100$ from me that he will hire a immigration lawyer and waive the IELTS for me, please my question is now that do I still have a chance of getting the visa please for God sake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
IboBoyNuel:
BVL and PPR just dropped.

Second application

Application date: 13th October, 2020.
NSE request letter: 8th December, 2020.
Submitted NSE documents: 30th December, 2020.
Requested GCMS notes: 21st January.
Upfront Medicals: 21st January, 2021.
Medicals Passed: 23rd January, 2021.
After 40 mails and webforms to IRCC, finally
BVL and PPR : 17th March, 2021.

5 months.

It has finally ended in praise. Thanks to all everyone who answered my questions even when the question sounded dumb. Lol. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. I did everything myself and i learnt everything I know from here.

Special thanks to Justmellow, Frankrobbn1, Qudkom (haven't seen this moniker in a while), lekiboboe, etc. I even sent mails this morning before receiving ppr. I can now finally pay my tuition before the deadline which is next week Thursday. To everyone who is expected ppr, keep praying. God always comes through for his children.

Passport received

Sent via DHL two way Courier service - 17th March
Counterfoil and LOI - 24th and 25th March, respectively.
Passport delivered to me today 26th March.

Please anyone who has recently traveled to Toronto should please PM me. I have questions please. What's the cheapest hotel for quarantine biko?

I won't even lie, this stamped visa looks beautiful grin been staring at it. Lol �

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2021
Silas12345:
Please I have a question

After I did my biometric they asked me to submit IELTS and I registered for it but I scored 5.0 instead of 6.0 they asked me to submit but my agent collected 100$ from me that he will hire a immigration lawyer and waive the IELTS for me, please my question is now that do I still have a chance of getting the visa please for God sake

Omo!, your Agent is a thief. First thing, go and collect your 100 dollars back. Secondly, the IELTS is just for NSE. If you don't meet the requirements, they'll still process your application via the normal processing time.

Also, someone here submitted 5.0 band IELTS and got PPR. Just know that your IELTS won't in any way affect your chances of getting a Visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
IboBoyNuel:

Passport received

Please anyone who has recently traveled to Toronto should please PM me. I have questions please. What's the cheapest hotel for quarantine biko?

I won't even lie, this stamped visa looks beautiful grin been staring at it. Lol �

Where Una day see this money, Una day waste like this �.. $100 for what? Collect ur funds back
Submit that 5.0band like that, leave the rest to God

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please I just got my ielts results online, how can I send it to IRRC my NSE deadline is today . Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2021
Aissy:
Please I just got my ielts results online, how can I send it to IRRC my NSE deadline is today . Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
sleekcheek:
My PPR is here guys, it has finally ended in praise!!!!

Will share my timeline soon, meanwhile I plan to use Lagos VFS because from the recent trend it seems their processing timeline has improved. Please since this is my second application and I did my biometric at Lagos VFS do I still have to pay the transmission fee?

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Silas12345:
Please I have a question

Agents have no power to waive any NSE requirement. He or she was just trying to be smart...
No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ajikaz2003(m): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2021
Please, who has heard from @Ckechi recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Silas12345:
Please I have a question

I think you just got played by your agent, there is no need for any lawyer arguing your 5.0 in any band, he just swindled you of $100.
Here on this platform there are people whose applications were processed via Nigeria Student Express (NSE) who got PPR with 5.0 in ielts, be as it may, you can still have your application processed via the normal route by ircc.

Get your money back, if you can. All information to help your are on this platform if you want to help yourself.

All the best getting your money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thaiy:

I think you just got played by your agent, there is no need for any lawyer arguing your 5.0 in any band, he has just swindled you of $100.
Here on this platform there are people whose applications were processed via Nigerian Students Express (NSE) who got PPR with 5.0, be as it may, you can still have your application processed via the normal route.

Get your money back, if you can. All information to help yourself are on this platform if you want to help yourself.

All the best getting your money.
When is one required to submit IELTS??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
IboBoyNuel:

Passport received

DOUBLE TREE HOTELS BY HILTON TORONTO WEST, COMFORT INN, FOUR POINTS, HAMPTON INN&SUITES those are the lowest I know

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thanks, all the best
onomss:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.