Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861586 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2021
I just got a mail that my gcms notes were delayed for another 90days by IRCC. Requested for it since dec 1st, IRCC sha. Is there any reason why they delay notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
This is how a typical NSE 20 days processing timeline should look like. IRCC and too much sense.

Is there really anyone with 20 days timeline on canadian application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
davo99:
Thank you so much, please I noticed 4 different (3k, 7.2k, 7.6k & 11k prices) options on the site, please, what's the best one to choose?

The basic will suffice—3k. I didn't add in the previous post that they offer probably the cheapest you can get out there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2021
Akannitommy:
Yes, but not in all cases so we shoud not generalize. Consider someone with 10 years work experience and 2 masters (not even one with one of those earned from the USA). But the person is 40 years old and the wife with a Bsc is over 37 years already, how would that assumption work? I think you can add a "caveat" to avoid unintended misinformation.

Yeah I agree with you. Not in all cases. There's an age advantage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
WEIRDPC:
Is anyone resuming the winter 2021 semester in Windsor?
Me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Annie1234:
Amen oo
I pray this year 2021 we shall be hearing good news of ppr from January to December. Please who else is going to fanshawe college let's connect, or am the only one?

Present here, I sent a mail already. A Blessed and Favoured 2021 to us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Thanks a lot. It worked seamlessly, hoping to submit the consent-form tomorrow.
Salientjoe:

The basic will suffice—3k. I didn't add in the previous post that they offer probably the cheapest you can get out there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 12:46am On Jan 02, 2021
davo99:
Thanks a lot. It worked seamlessly, hoping to submit the consent-form tomorrow.
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ifelajulo: 2:32am On Jan 02, 2021
owolabia:

I'm Here But no approval yet after Medical request passed with AIP

Is your school among the DLI with COVID 19 readiness plan?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 3:43am On Jan 02, 2021
One of the requirements of a student visa is to clarify intention of returning to home country after the study. With a PSW program, I am not sure that is an acceptable certification in the Nigerian health industry, so how will you say you want to use it when you return? This is going to be a big question mark on your application.

Also, it is a Post-secondary certificate level program in most colleges, not even up to a diploma. And you have a Master's, right?

Just reiterating already known points for the sake of your immigration history. Think about this very carefully.

AbionaT:

mcobex thanks so much
The course is Personal support worker (acute care, its a year program.
I want to know how to write a convincing Sop, and as you earlier advised I don't want to hide the Masters certificate, I have 9 years working experience .
Pls if you can help or you know anyone that can help for the SOP.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 3:51am On Jan 02, 2021
Yes, in the Express Entry route, AGE is a major factor.

AbionaT:

Akannitommy sir, so age is a huge factor here too?
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 3:54am On Jan 02, 2021
Hubby has an MSc with 8 years relevant work experience? Please consider Express Entry directly.

BaesDiary:
Hello everyone. Thank you all for this beautiful thread. I have some questions, and it would be so appreciated if I can get answers.

My hubby, 34YRO, has M.Sc in Information Technology with 8 years relecant experience. I am 32 years old, i have M.Sc with a CGPA of 4.2 and CGPA of 4.3 in my B.Sc. I am employed, but in a completely different field entirely. I look forward to doing my PHD with full funding, and I am already compiling emails to send to prospective supervisors. However, I will like to migrate to Canada with my hubby and baby.

1.What do you think is the best route for us? Should we go through EE or PhD route through me?

2. If we are going through PHD route, what is the possibility of going with my family?

3. If going through scholarship route for PhD, what is the minimum amount of POF required?

4. Is it compulsory to attach CV when emailing supervisors?

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dameelee: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2021
LANDING GIST!!!

I left Lagos, Nigeria on 27th with Egypt air and arrived Toronto on the 28th.
Lagos airport
Got to the airport by 10:40am for my 2:30pm flight, I had already checked in online but trust me, that didn't change a thing. I joined the queue, and was asked for my passport, ticket, admission letter and arriveCan receipt. I was asked to re-do the arriveCan stuff because I filled it too early (1 week before my trip). They weighed my luggage, one of which weighed a bit more than the 23kg but I was lucky they overlooked it.
I went on to immigration and to my surprise nobody asked me for a dime (naija sef don dey get sense).

Lagos to Cairo flight
The plane for this flight looked a bit scary, looked shaky and old, I sha prayed and boarded with faith. There was in-flight entertainment. We were served bread upon bread upon bread, bread sef tire me, I liked the bread so I couldn't complain much. After about 5hrs, we arrived Cairo and had to wait for 4 hrs for the connecting flight to Toronto where I met Nairaluck. At the Cairo airport, we were asked to provide ArriveCan receipt, enrollment letter, proof of tuition payment and admission letter. The service was a bit too slow, probably because only one guy was attending to everyone.

Cairo to Toronto.
The 12hrs plus flight to toronto was the longest flight of my entire life. The plane for this flight was wayyyyy better than the previous one.
There was in-flight entertainment with more movies. We were served a lot of pastries as per usual. they also served this pasta that tasted really shitty.
I slept almost all through the flight but still the flight no gree end.
At exactly 7:04am Toronto time, we landed. The airport was so dry, I guess my flight was the first to land that day and no flight was leaving due to the lockdown in the province. They were very few officials at the airport to direct us and tells us what to do, so we were just there looking and sitting cluelessly. After minutes of clueless waiting, we were eventually directed to the immigration where we were made to join a queue.
It finally got to my turn and I met with an immigration officer, she only asked for my arriveCan receipt and my admission letter, thereafter she issued my study permit and said WELCOME TO CANADA. I smiled and left there to pick my bags and wait for my school to pick me up.

Now I am in quarantine day 5 and looking forward to an amazing new life in canada. Trust me Canada is a fine country, I haven't even seen much of the city but from what I have seen, I love it.
If you are thinking of giving up abeg DON'T, pick up from where you stopped, do more research, try again, pray (trust me, God answers) and believe that it will happen. (I'm feeling like a motivational speaker now sha, lol)
Happy New Year.

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 4:04am On Jan 02, 2021
Truth of the matter is that even after completing study in Canada, you still have to go through the Express Entry route for permanent immigration. So, in this particular case, the first correct call of action is for them to enter their stats into the CRS calculator and see what points they get. Anyone with an MSc and 3+ years of NOC 0, A and B work experience should always check their CRS score first and foremost.

Even if you choose to do the education program later as a PR, you can do it using domestic fees.

Akannitommy:
Yes, but not in all cases so we shoud not generalize. Consider someone with 10 years work experience and 2 masters (not even one with one of those earned from the USA). But the person is 40 years old and the wife with a Bsc is over 37 years already, how would that assumption work? I think you can add a "caveat" to avoid unintended misinformation.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 5:04am On Jan 02, 2021
Ifelajulo:

Is your school among the DLI with COVID 19 readiness plan?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:23am On Jan 02, 2021
Hm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:40am On Jan 02, 2021
Hm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oladapo2020: 5:51am On Jan 02, 2021
awys:
That's why most of us that sent mails to all those email addresses for the medicals got responses immediately and was updated maybe it might not be the main office where your application file is that updated it.It might be other office that's involved in your checking your application that updated it self so they are more faster than each other.Hence the reason they advised you send webforms and emails to different office.E fit be say Nairobi,Accra,London dey on top your matter any of the offices can update your Application as long as the visa officer is attached to your application that's my Analysis though I might wrong!!!.

You are not wrong. In fact, I see your point here. Three officers from three different countries reviewed my work. The first office was in Canada itself (the province I am going to) and directed it back to Nigeria office before the Kenya office sent PPR. I called the VO office in Canada and they said it's no more with them. In fact, when I got the GCMS the second time, I was like Nigeria VO advised transfer again on top my matter. Thank God for @Chocs who told me what to do. Please pray o. As a matter of fact, the day I vowed I will never check my portal again this year was the day I got IRCC love letter. Keep the faith and it will end in praise

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:58am On Jan 02, 2021
[

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:25am On Jan 02, 2021
awys:

So now you see yes the anxiety might be there even me self I nor go lie I get scared and anxious at times at times I will be happy at times anxiety will set in but what will I do nothing else than to wait at times I just sit and say who knows what they will be saying about my application but I will just say nah Dem Sabi ooo.God you are the King of kings on my application but the VO is the king but you can turn his heart in my favour and turn it wherever you will as it's written in your word take control dear lord and I will just feel this peace and rest within.
Now you know the secret, proverbs 23.1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2021
Dameelee:
LANDING GIST!!!

I left Lagos, Nigeria on 27th with Egypt air and arrived Toronto on the 28th.
Lagos airport
Got to the airport by 10:40am for my 2:30pm flight, I had already checked in online but trust me, that didn't change a thing. I joined the queue, and was asked for my passport, ticket, admission letter and arriveCan receipt. I was asked to re-do the arriveCan stuff because I filled it too early (1 week before my trip). They weighed my luggage, one of which weighed a bit more than the 23kg but I was lucky they overlooked it.
I went on to immigration and to my surprise nobody asked me for a dime (naija sef don dey get sense).

Lagos to Cairo flight
The plane for this flight looked a bit scary, looked shaky and old, I sha prayed and boarded with faith. There was in-flight entertainment. We were served bread upon bread upon bread, bread sef tire me, I liked the bread so I couldn't complain much. After about 5hrs, we arrived Cairo and had to wait for 4 hrs for the connecting flight to Toronto where I met Nairaluck. At the Cairo airport, we were asked to provide ArriveCan receipt, enrollment letter, proof of tuition payment and admission letter. The service was a bit too slow, probably because only one guy was attending to everyone.

Cairo to Toronto.
The 12hrs plus flight to toronto was the longest flight of my entire life. The plane for this flight was wayyyyy better than the previous one.
There was in-flight entertainment with more movies. We were served a lot of pastries as per usual. they also served this pasta that tasted really shitty.
I slept almost all through the flight but still the flight no gree end.
At exactly 7:04am Toronto time, we landed. The airport was so dry, I guess my flight was the first to land that day and no flight was leaving due to the lockdown in the province. They were very few officials at the airport to direct us and tells us what to do, so we were just there looking and sitting cluelessly. After minutes of clueless waiting, we were eventually directed to the immigration where we were made to join a queue.
It finally got to my turn and I met with an immigration officer, she only asked for my arriveCan receipt and my admission letter, thereafter she issued my study permit and said WELCOME TO CANADA. I smiled and left there to pick my bags and wait for my school to pick me up.

Now I am in quarantine day 5 and looking forward to an amazing new life in canada. Trust me Canada is a fine country, I haven't even seen much of the city but from what I have seen, I love it.
If you are thinking of giving up abeg DON'T, pick up from where you stopped, do more research, try again, pray (trust me, God answers) and believe that it will happen. (I'm feeling like a motivational speaker now sha, lol)
Happy New Year.

All these shaky shaky planes cheesy

Thank God for seeing you through.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR US ALL IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2021
Men just Dey travel comot this country, hey God ooo!

Make una no go take all the space before we come o!

Fratermathy, I see the Good job you’re doing for people in Montreal! Very good! I’m coming in April, my school is Concordia, please I’ve told u all I need.
I’ve reduced my slaves from 70 to 69. 1 be like who go get Covid-19......

So erm, I need my palace in place!

YOU GUYS ARE DOING WELL, tha Montréal guy that want to pay back Fratermathy Favour, no fear, people plenty, we dey road, you go hep tire!

Please let some people stay back and arrange this country, if all of una go, who go protest, who Sars Go shoot? Who Buhari wan Dey lead! Make una reason am!

I Dey with my Heineken abeg!
Please can I go with my special Cow to Montreal! I no Dey too carry foodstuffs like that. Jus one cow and some chickens.......

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by brovaSketch: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2021
pls did you use a naira Mastercard? It's been declining my transactions.
also, could I send you an email?

JosephYemsol:

Yeah... Like u making a card transaction na....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Fratermathy, I see the Good job you’re doing for people in Montreal! Very good! I’m coming in April, my school is Concordia, please I’ve told u all I need.

YOU GUYS ARE DOING WELL, tha Montréal guy that want to pay back Fratermathy Favour, no fear, people plenty, we dey road, you go hep tire!

Please let some people stay back and arrange this country, if all of una go, who go protest, who Sars Go shoot? Who Buhari wan Dey lead! Make una reason am!

Please can I go with my special Cow to Montreal! I no Dey too carry foodstuffs like that. Jus one cow and some chickens.......

Defer your admission to 2022 make you fit protest Sir grin

The cow go find road come Canada, no worry yourself

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2021
Good Morning Everyone!

Trying to log in via GC KEY this morning(me wey talk say na once a week I go dey check grin), everything works fine until I get to "Check Full Application Status". What I get is "Error Bad Gateway" after a minute of loading.
I'm sure it's not my network cos when I start afresh everything still works well until I get there.

Shey this one follow for ghost update or am I whining myself? smiley

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2021
Blavkmaann:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esekaris1(f): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2021
WEIRDPC:
Is anyone resuming the winter 2021 semester in Windsor?

I am resuming in Windsor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Good morning. I would like to inquire.

Does police report have an expiry date?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2021
deommanuel:
Good Morning Everyone!

Trying to log in via GC KEY this morning(me wey talk say na once a week I go dey check grin), everything works fine until I get to "Check Full Application Status". What I get is "Error Bad Gateway" after a minute of loading.
I'm sure it's not my network cos when I start afresh everything still works well until I get there.

Shey this one follow for ghost update or am I whining myself? smiley

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
WAHALA ... grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2021
OtunbaTee:
WAHALA ... grin grin

Everything will go well grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 8:52am On Jan 02, 2021
Admin9:
Good morning. I would like to inquire.

Does police report have an expiry date?
Do you mean Police Certificate?

If Yes, after 3 months a Police Certificate becomes Obsolete

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2021
brovaSketch:
pls did you use a naira Mastercard? It's been declining my transactions.
also, could I send you an email?

Yes bro... You r free to send me a mail.

U cannot use your naira MasterCard for the cibc payment...youd have to use the flywire payment option Nd that one has a more expensive exchange rate (395/1cad)

I replied your mail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.