Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861529 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2021
deommanuel:

Everything will go well grin
Amen o. ...that cracked me up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2021
chocs pls I need your advice on sth. Can I send q mail?

I aiidy did tho...m sowie smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Men just Dey travel comot this country, hey God ooo!

Make una no go take all the space before we come o!

Fratermathy, I see the Good job you’re doing for people in Montreal! Very good! I’m coming in April, my school is Concordia, please I’ve told u all I need.
I’ve reduced my slaves from 70 to 69. 1 be like who go get Covid-19......

So erm, I need my palace in place!

YOU GUYS ARE DOING WELL, tha Montréal guy that want to pay back Fratermathy Favour, no fear, people plenty, we dey road, you go hep tire!

Please let some people stay back and arrange this country, if all of una go, who go protest, who Sars Go shoot? Who Buhari wan Dey lead! Make una reason am!

I Dey with my Heineken abeg!
Please can I go with my special Cow to Montreal! I no Dey too carry foodstuffs like that. Jus one cow and some chickens.......

You are always crazy.... grin grin grin

The only 1 time you sent a serious message on this platform was when u emphasised on d dead country...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AbionaT(f): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2021
hope4brym:
One of the requirements of a student visa is to clarify intention of returning to home country after the study. With a PSW program, I am not sure that is an acceptable certification in the Nigerian health industry, so how will you say you want to use it when you return? This is going to be a big question mark on your application.

Also, it is a Post-secondary certificate level program in most colleges, not even up to a diploma. And you have a Master's, right?

Just reiterating already known points for the sake of your immigration history. Think about this very carefully.

Hope4brym
Yes, I have MBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AbionaT(f): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2021
Chocs:
BaesDiary

1) Your first option should be EE, use the CRS tool to simulate your score and that of your husband and see if any of you will reach the cut off for the last draw which was 468. You can google “CRS score tool Canada” and answer the questions to see your score. If you haven’t written IELTS yet just fill in any score (good marks) that you think you can achieve when you take the exam. If EE is not possible, you can then consider a PhD

2) one person can apply for a PhD first and take the others as dependents. So one partner can work while the other studies (my personal opinion)

3) Most PhDs come with funding from the institution. For your visa/study permit application, it’s same POF required as with other study permit applications. 10k cad for living expense + 1 year tuition. But I’ll advise you have way more above that because of your family. You’ll need to show there’s money left for the rest of the family to live on.

4) It’s not compulsory but how can they know your capabilities and profile without seeing your CV? It’s advisable to attach a well written CV

Best wishes

Hi chocs please can I send you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2021
sleekcheek:
I just got a mail that my gcms notes were delayed for another 90days by IRCC. Requested for it since dec 1st, IRCC sha. Is there any reason why they delay notes?
It could be they had not started anything on your application as at when you applied for the GCMS notes so if they send it they will just send empty GCMS notes without tangible updates on your application as at the time you applied if they have started reviewing the application then there will be something to write in there hence the reason they asked for 90days extension that's what I feel ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2021
Which website did you order your gcms from?
sleekcheek:
I just got a mail that my gcms notes were delayed for another 90days by IRCC. Requested for it since dec 1st, IRCC sha. Is there any reason why they delay notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2021
Frat I sent you a pm, please respond. Thank you
fratermathy:

It's nice that your school has winter intake. You're going for a PhD in English, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2021
lentomac:

Do you mean Police Certificate?

If Yes, after 3 months a Police Certificate becomes Obsolete

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2021
Ok this makes sense because my eligibility review just started after I submitted NSE documents last week.

awys:

It could be they had not started anything on your application as at when you applied for the GCMS notes so if they send it they will just send empty GCMS notes without tangible updates on your application as at the time you applied if they have started reviewing the application then there will be something to write in there hence the reason they asked for 90days extension that's what I feel ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2021
GCMSBuddy
iampaulsmith:
Which website did you order your gcms from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2021
Hello AbionaT,

Yes, you can
AbionaT:

Hi chocs please can I send you an email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Faith243: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2021
Please how do i book an appointment for Covid 19 test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2021
Faith243:
You could just go to the test centre and get it done same day, it cost about 50,400. I used Afriglobal medical care, it came out within 24 hrs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodbetterbest: 11:11am On Jan 02, 2021
BaesDiary:
Hello everyone. Thank you all for this beautiful thread. I have some questions, and it would be so appreciated if I can get answers.

My hubby, 34YRO, has M.Sc in Information Technology with 8 years relecant experience. I am 32 years old, i have M.Sc with a CGPA of 4.2 and CGPA of 4.3 in my B.Sc. I am employed, but in a completely different field entirely. I look forward to doing my PHD with full funding, and I am already compiling emails to send to prospective supervisors. However, I will like to migrate to Canada with my hubby and baby.

1.What do you think is the best route for us? Should we go through EE or PhD route through me?

2. If we are going through PHD route, what is the possibility of going with my family?

3. If going through scholarship route for PhD, what is the minimum amount of POF required?

4. Is it compulsory to attach CV when emailing supervisors?

Thank you all.

Both your profiles looks solid. Don't you want to go through Express entry? Both have MSC, smash ielts and I believe you'll meet the cut off.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by WEIRDPC(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Esekaris1:

I am resuming in Windsor

Esekaris1 and englois Thanks for letting me know. Will send a DM asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by talk2tonie: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Faith243:

If you are in Lagos, then go to clina lancet in vi or ikeja. The cost is #50,400 and you get the result via email within 24 hours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Annettevoke(f): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2021
They should use the EE website to simulate their potential point before deciding. I know a 30 year old single who has Mphil and scored high in IELTS - overall 7.5 or 8. Had funded SP application for a second Msc refused thrice. The EE score was exactly what is needed to get ITA in mid December 2020. The person got the invitation just within a week of submitting a EE profile.

I am aware that with a spouse, your score go down a bit and also with their ages already above 30, they will drop a few more points again. So you see my point? It is not impossible but let the person check and be sure of their chances on the EE route based on their specific profile.

NB: The fact that both have Msc will definitely give some points but will that nullify what points they drop for age and joint application?

There is always a way out but they may need to act fast. Theorectically, if the wife applied alone, with a slightly younger age and similar education plus adequate job experience, that may be an option and the husband can join later. This is ofcourse a very BIG IF. This will rely on cut off point dropping below the current 470ish

Goodbetterbest:
. Both your profiles looks solid. Don't you want to go through Express entry? Both have MSC, smash ielts and I believe you'll meet the cut off.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Faith243: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2021
Thanks alot, did you book an appointment before going there?

talk2tonie:

If you are in Lagos, then go to clina lancet in vi or ikeja. The cost is #50,400 and you get the result via email within 24 hours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by talk2tonie: 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
Faith243:
Thanks alot, did you book an appointment before going there?

I didn’t. You may visit their website and call their number for guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qudusbalogun89: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Good day to you all,

I have a BSc (edu.) In Accounting 2:1 (3.52) from TASUED.
I got admission from University of Regina for an undergraduate program Business Administration.

I am currently working as an Account Officer.

Do I have a chance of getting study permit approval? How can I convince the VO that I'm going for another undergraduate program?

Please the gurus should help me .....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tt4tolu(f): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
I also use an agent but I made sure I have my login details. That being said, let your friend create another account and link the existing application to the newly created account.
All will be well

Annettevoke:
Good morning house, please i have a quick question.

A Friend used an agent for his application since march no response and got GCMS note that stated review required. Now the issue is this the agent claims he has lost the login into his CIC account, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER the ongoing application, please advise?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tt4tolu(f): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
There is no career progression which is one of the factors the VO considers in an application. The least you could go for is PGD or masters.

[Qquote author=qudusbalogun89 post=97644256]Good day to you all,

I got admission from University of Regina for an undergraduate program Business Administration.

Do I have a chance of getting study permit approval? How can I convince the VO that I'm going for another undergraduate program?

Please the gurus should help me .....[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tracy2020: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Happy new year everyone,

Please who’s traveling to Winnipeg this month?

Also I’m asking for a friend, she’s 24 and has an OND in Marketing and would like to further her education in Canada. Can she do a PGD/PGC? Cos I know it’s HND and BSC holders that do it. What about going for a BSC? Please I need advice and opinions on this. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qudusbalogun89: 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thanks
But don't you think moving from education program to another program is a career progression?

Tt4tolu:
There is no career progression which is one of the factors the VO considers in an application. The least you could go for is PGD or masters.

[Qquote author=qudusbalogun89 post=97644256]Good day to you all,

Please the gurus should help me .....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ifelajulo: 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
owolabia:

Yes

i am of the opinion that you should bombard them with mails. They dont have any reason to delay your approval.
It will end in Praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tre20: 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hello everyone!
Pls the landed property documents to be shown is it every page ?because mine is like a whole booklet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jadel03: 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Good Afternoon All,

My PR application was recently approved (got this info from my last GCMS notes), however I am yet to get an email to submit my passport for stamping.

If I get the request and my COPR is issued this month or next, do I still need to apply for a study permit or can I travel and show them at the POE my admission letter?

The reason for my question is because of travel restrictions still in place for COPR’s issued after March 18.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
Annettevoke:
Good morning house, please i have a quick question.

A Friend used an agent for his application since march no response and got GCMS note that stated review required. Now the issue is this the agent claims he has lost the login into his CIC account, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER the ongoing application, please advise?

Your story is a LIE.
1. That supposed friend is YOU.
2. You want to know if you can transfer the login to an account you want to create. You want to take over the application now.

*If you truly used an agent, your agent would already know the answer*.

Back to your question, the answer is NO!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Good afternoon everyone!

Please what is the essence of attaching land documents to your application? Is it to establish strong home ties or to show proof of funds?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.