Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867069 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Francejaik(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please has anyone here gotten admission to study International Development (College Graduate Certificate) @ Humber College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:
Good day nairalanders

This is my second application tho and done medicals the problem is the yellow slip given to me when I did biometrics for first application I can't find it what do I do and who has been in same situation before.

Thanks for your answers

Please nairalanders help me answer this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Micholo5(m): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hi people. Have a few questions on community colleges.
Does Community colleges offer scholarship to international students?
Is SAT required?
I'm open to informations on community colleges.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Micholo5:
Hi people.
Have a few questions on community colleges.

Does Community colleges offer scholarship to international students?

Is SAT required?

I'm open to informations on community colleges.

Yes community colleges offer scholarship's to international student and no sat is not necessarily needed just your high school transcripts and waec results.

It really depends on the program you are going for as different colleges in Canada has different approach to each programs so try to research your program and which province and college is best suited for you.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Micholo5(m): 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Yes community colleges offer scholarship's to international student and no sat is not necessarily needed just your high school transcripts and waec results.

It really depends on the program you are going for as different colleges in Canada has different approach to each programs so try to research your program and which province and college is best suited for you.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I hold a NECO result.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ucystan(f): 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please has anyone gotten Admission in Masters of social work before? If yes, please what University and what was your first degree on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Micholo5:

BTW, I hold a NECO result.

Yeah it could work I think the minimum grade for Nigerian students for community colleges is c6 of you have higher that that and apply early a spot should be reserved for you.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by guyjones1(m): 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
guyjones1:
pls I will like to know if I can I apply through NSE with overall ielt band 6.0
reading 5.5
listening 7.5
speaking 6.0
writing 6.0

please can anyone reply this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LARRY066432: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hello
Please who’s flying to Toronto on the 14 tru Ethiopia airlines Nd would like to share the3 days quarantine hotel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
No, I believe you need a minimmum of 6.0 in each category. Although you came close it would not suffice for the NSE application. I would advise you to book another IELTS exam and work on the reading section in order to qualify. I wish you the best!
guyjones1:

please can anyone reply this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
Is this possible? Can you share the 3 day quarantine hotel? I thought the 3 day hotel was a mandatory fee each traveller had to pay and present proof of payment to Canadian Immigration.
LARRY066432:
Hello
Please who’s flying to Toronto on the 14 tru Ethiopia airlines Nd would like to share the3 days quarantine hotel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
LARRY066432:
Hello
I'm flying on the 14th but I'm a female.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 12:34am On Apr 12, 2021
demure178:

It would change, to something like, your eligibility has started, we would let you know once you pass it.
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by WummieWummie: 12:39am On Apr 12, 2021
Hi,
I also just got accepted into a university too and want to start my visa application process. I am looking for somebody I can go through the process with. If you don't mind can we connect?
childgodly:
Good afternoon everyone.
I got accepted to a University a week ago and I'm very excited but a bit worried about the visa application process.
I am writing IELTS this week in order to apply for the Nigerian Students Express program. However, I'm facing a LOT of issues with it. It states that i need 30k CAD in my account. I definitely haven't had that amount constantly for the past 6 months. It's possible to get that amount in order to show them, but will it still be valid if it hasn't been in the account for six months? Or should I just forget about it and use the regular route?
Speaking of the regular route, the Canadian immigration website states that it will take approximately 19 weeks to process my study permit. That is time that I do not have, because classes begin in September and I need to travel before then because of the whole quarantine thing. I know it might be a long shot, but nothing is impossible. Can anyone offer any words of encouragement or has anyone received their permit in a shorter amount of time?
I'm trying really hard not to panic and just to trust that God can do the impossible.
Looking forward to a response.
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jachi15(f): 1:29am On Apr 12, 2021
[quote author=ATHIBAT post=100684413]Please who else since last hear September 2020, applied for visa and have completed everything, passed medicals since February this year, submitted NSE February this year, and status is writing submitted since February till date!

Could someone please help with a format of writing a Web form?

Am I alone in this? Coz I'm actually tired.

[@Athibat your not alone o I submitted since Oct 8 and eligibility started dec 4 under NSE and medicals passed January 14th. I have sent so many emails still the same your application is being actively processed no response. It’s becoming so tiring and annoying �]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 2:41am On Apr 12, 2021
letskeeptalking:

She will be issued a study permit at the border. The primary application is a visiting visa. Study permit, work permits are all determined based on the period of stay.

You mum will also be okay. Doesn't have to be your husband. Any immediate family member will be fine.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 4:37am On Apr 12, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=100660949]

Company sponsorship is not an effectual sponsorship for a Canadian study permit. You rather use a close relative (parents, siblings or uncle/aunt) for your application than a company. It's extremely difficult to convince the visa officer that this company will sponsor your studies in Canada while you've barely worked for 2 months in this organisation.

It will end in praise

I don’t have a family member who is financially capable, can I use a friend? Please what other options do I have
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 5:20am On Apr 12, 2021
Welcome to a new week! Let the rain of PPR begin!!! Congratulations in advance!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 5:33am On Apr 12, 2021
WummieWummie:
Hi,
I also just got accepted into a university too and want to start my visa application process. I am looking for somebody I can go through the process with. If you don't mind can we connect?
can we hook talk on whassap, or u send me mail i just received admission letter too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Teenie19:

Amen and amen. Congratulations to me and all PPR hopefuls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jermaie0009: 6:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Good morning, plz how many weeks does it take to
Get admission 2 University of Regina , I reapplied after visa was denied since February up till nothing nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Micholo5(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Yeah it could work I think the minimum grade for Nigerian students for community colleges is c6 of you have higher that that and apply early a spot should be reserved for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. You're really helping.

Does submitting SAT scores raise the chances of getting scholarships?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2021
MsJanez01:

Amen and amen. Congratulations to me and all PPR hopefuls
Congratulations to us.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LARRY066432: 6:57am On Apr 12, 2021
irijuola:

I'm flying on the 14th but I'm a female.
we can still share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyIE: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2021
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your response
olasubomy:

Having a family like that ( husband and kids) and applying alone strengthens your home tie because the VO would know there is a high tendency of you coming back home after your studies as you cannot abandon your family. Although, it can also be seamless if your children are still very tender or in their kindergarten age and so young that they always need to be around their mum. This will now depend on how you are able to convince the VO showing sufficient financial documentary proof that you can take good care of them and won't be any burden to the Government of Canada. This all depends on how you can draft your SOP to look convincing and appealing to the emotions of the visa officer.

Although it might be a different ball game if your children are grown-ups, that does not mean one cant still get approval but depends on how you are able to package your application or you may want to leave them behind with your husband so that serves as your home tie and they join you later in Canada.

You cannot really base your decision on the past applicants because final verdicts on applications are on a case-by-case basis. I wish you the best as you make your decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 8:00am On Apr 12, 2021
Teenie19:

Amennnnnnnnn!
Congratulations to us!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 8:21am On Apr 12, 2021
Amen!! I receive my PPR!!

Teenie19:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2021
TennieYF:
Please I have a question, is letter of introduction from employer necessary. Especially if you have a sponsor and your job or salary would contribute in no way to funding your studies. Would one still need to get a letter of introduction?

Please can someone help answer this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2021
TennieYF:
Hieveryone, can MBS be used as bank statement for pof?
Or one would use normal bank statement and then submit MBS when they get NSE request.

Please can someone help answer this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:51am On Apr 12, 2021
Hello everyone, for the NSE route,can one still use it if they have MBS of 30k CAD in their account, but it wasn't there for 6 months. For example ny sponsor ( company's cooperative) transferred part of the funds to my account with a sponsorship letter stating what the money is to be used for. Can I still use the NSE route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2021
For those that might be interested, this was shared in my group.

Welcome to our week of MULTIPLE CELEBRATIONS in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)