Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861961 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyIE: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
Sure I know the VO has the final decision. Just want to know if it’s best applying for visa together with my kids based on people’s past application
Lagbaja88:
only the visa officer can determine that based on your situation and your application packaging.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
RELAN2446:

Please, how do one know when the eligibility has started,cause mine is like 'your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

It will change to 'we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements'

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.
I got accepted to a University a week ago and I'm very excited but a bit worried about the visa application process.
I am writing IELTS this week in order to apply for the Nigerian Students Express program. However, I'm facing a LOT of issues with it. It states that i need 30k CAD in my account. I definitely haven't had that amount constantly for the past 6 months. It's possible to get that amount in order to show them, but will it still be valid if it hasn't been in the account for six months? Or should I just forget about it and use the regular route?
Speaking of the regular route, the Canadian immigration website states that it will take approximately 19 weeks to process my study permit. That is time that I do not have, because classes begin in September and I need to travel before then because of the whole quarantine thing. I know it might be a long shot, but nothing is impossible. Can anyone offer any words of encouragement or has anyone received their permit in a shorter amount of time?
I'm trying really hard not to panic and just to trust that God can do the impossible.
Looking forward to a response.
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
marcelonwa:
Who else is having delays in receiving GCMS notes.. I applied since March 5th through GCMSonline
It’s approaching 40days now, not yet gotten it

Same here. I also applied on March 5th but yet to get any response as I write.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gpdkingpin11: 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2021
Can I pay for the medicals via transfer or I must go to the bank??
Lekiboboe:

How to book for Medicals at IOM, Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#93191277
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
gpdkingpin11:

you can use transfer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gpdkingpin11: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thank you
Admin9:

you can use transfer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
childgodly:
Good afternoon everyone.
I got accepted to a University a week ago and I'm very excited but a bit worried about the visa application process.
I am writing IELTS this week in order to apply for the Nigerian Students Express program. However, I'm facing a LOT of issues with it. It states that i need 30k CAD in my account. I definitely haven't had that amount constantly for the past 6 months. It's possible to get that amount in order to show them, but will it still be valid if it hasn't been in the account for six months? Or should I just forget about it and use the regular route?
Speaking of the regular route, the Canadian immigration website states that it will take approximately 19 weeks to process my study permit. That is time that I do not have, because classes begin in September and I need to travel before then because of the whole quarantine thing. I know it might be a long shot, but nothing is impossible. Can anyone offer any words of encouragement or has anyone received their permit in a shorter amount of time?
I'm trying really hard not to panic and just to trust that God can do the impossible.
Thank you!

You really need to tidy up the POF aspect of your application whether you are applying though the NSE route or not. At the least you should be able to demonstrate that you've always had 10k CAD in your account in the last 6months after paying your school fees. (Assuming you are opting for the normal route).

That said, some get their visa way before the 19weeks. It's all about grace. You can start your application now for the fall of 2021.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

You really need to tidy up the POF aspect of your application whether you are applying though the NSE route or not. At the least you should be able to demonstrate that you've always had 10k CAD in your account in the last 6months after paying your school fees. (Assuming you are opting for the normal route).

That said, some get their visa way before the 19weeks. It's all about grace. You can start your application now for the fall of 2021.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much for your reply. For the regular route will I still be required to write IELTS? Also, are you saying that I shouldn't bother with NSE if I cannot provide the 30k? Starting my application right away. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
Teeprecious:

Please I also intend to do this after I land. Does it mean ur daughter will be on visitor's permit in canada or can it be converted to study permit for the duration of your own studies too?
Also,does it mean only one's spouse can bring the kids? What of if I decide I prefer my mum cos honestly dunno how soon my hubby will tidy his business and job here to come over and I want the kids to come asap when I land.
Kindly shed more light on this.

She will be issued a study permit at the border. The primary application is a visiting visa. Study permit, work permits are all determined based on the period of stay.

You mum will also be okay. Doesn't have to be your husband. Any immediate family member will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Highly appreciated. Thank you @Lekiboboe

Lekiboboe:

Good morning

For Film Production PG programs, your friend should do a thorough google search on this

PG. Cert, Advanced Television and Film – Script to Screen
Centennial College, Toronto, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Advanced Television And Film
Sheridan College, Oakville, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Multimedia Storytelling
Mohawk College, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Documentary & Non-Fiction Media Production
Seneca College, ONTARIO

FOR Business related PG programs,

Your friend should see the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

About reasonable low fees, I don't know your definition of that, but your friend should be having like $15,000 CAD upward to study a PG program in Colleges.

Your Friend should take his/her time and google the above programs, visit their respective websites to see their tuition amount for international students so as to know the ones that is within his/her budget

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
TennieYF:

The visiting visa was so fast, I've heard SOWP takes a longer time, is this true?

I think these things are done on a case by case basis.

I have a friend here whose husband's SOWP took about a month. And another who has been waiting since January . . .

I really don't know.

But, I think it helps if your children are really young.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
bollybeejay:

Can you share your number?

I'm sorry . . please send me a DM and I will try and answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
childgodly:

Thank you so much for your reply. For the regular route will I still be required to write IELTS? Also, are you saying that I shouldn't bother with NSE if I cannot provide the 30k? Starting my application right away. Thank you.

IELTS is not compulsory for the regular route. Please start the application right away and also give some thought to the aspect of home ties. Put the rest in God's hand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

IELTS is not compulsory for the regular route. Please start the application right away and also give some thought to the aspect of home ties. Put the rest in God's hand.

Pls can one use pension contributions as part of POF or home tie?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
tumababa:

Pls can one use pension contributions as part of POF or home tie?

Pension fits more as home tie than POF. As per regulation, only 25% of the fund is accessible before the statutory age of 50years. And you must be out of job for about 3months. The VO is aware that pension funds may not be readily available for you when needed. And if you are pointing to your pension fund to me as a VO, it's somewhat weakens your home ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
gpdkingpin11:
TRANSFER and very importantly, print out the proof of payment and go along with it to the medical Center (IOMHAC)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
RELAN2446:

Please, how do one know when the eligibility has started,cause mine is like 'your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

It would change, to something like, your eligibility has started, we would let you know once you pass it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please who can help reply
TennieYF:
Hieveryone, can MBS be used as bank statement for pof?
Or one would use normal bank statement and then submit MBS when they get NSE request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
childgodly:
Good afternoon everyone.
Thank you!

So are you saying that if the 30k was just put in your account by a sponsor alongside a sponsor letter stating what it is for, one cannot use NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
Good day nairalanders

This is my second application tho and done medicals the problem is the yellow slip given to me when I did biometrics for first application I can't find it what do I do and who has been in same situation before.

Thanks for your answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
ToluDstar:

This week is our week of celebration!

Amen oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

Pension fits more as home tie than POF. As per regulation, only 25% of the fund is accessible before the statutory age of 50years. And you must be out of job for about 3months. The VO is aware that pension funds may not be readily available for you when needed. And if you are pointing to your pension fund to me as a VO, it's somewhat weakens your home ties.

So no need mentioning pension fund as home tie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
tumababa:

So no need mentioning pension fund as home tie

Why not...you can use it as home tie. Most especially if the balance is substantially reasonable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
TennieYF:

So are you saying that if the 30k was just put in your account by a sponsor alongside a sponsor letter stating what it is for, one cannot use NSE?

Please can someone help answer this, liberally want to know, because I was considering using NSE option, presently I have 2m in my account, but my sponsor is going to transfer 10m to me with a letter stating what it is for.
So is it that I won't be able to use NSE route this way?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
TennieYF:

Please can someone help answer this, liberally want to know, because I was considering using NSE option, presently I have 2m in my account, but my sponsor is going to transfer 10m to me with a letter stating what it is for.
So is it that I won't be able to use NSE route this way?

The sponsor is my mum's office cooperative, it is a loan which would be given to me with a letter explaining what the money is for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

Why not...you can use it as home tie. Most especially if the balance is substantially reasonable.

Thought you said if i use it then it will weaken my home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
LadyIE:
Sure I know the VO has the final decision. Just want to know if it’s best applying for visa together with my kids based on people’s past application

Having a family like that ( husband and kids) and applying alone strengthens your home tie because the VO would know there is a high tendency of you coming back home after your studies as you cannot abandon your family. Although, it can also be seamless if your children are still very tender or in their kindergarten age and so young that they always need to be around their mum. This will now depend on how you are able to convince the VO showing sufficient financial documentary proof that you can take good care of them and won't be any burden to the Government of Canada. This all depends on how you can draft your SOP to look convincing and appealing to the emotions of the visa officer.

Although it might be a different ball game if your children are grown-ups, that does not mean one cant still get approval but depends on how you are able to package your application or you may want to leave them behind with your husband so that serves as your home tie and they join you later in Canada.

You cannot really base your decision on the past applicants because final verdicts on applications are on a case-by-case basis. I wish you the best as you make your decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by guyjones1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
pls I will like to know if I can I apply through NSE with overall ielt band 6.0 reading 5.5 listening 7.5 speaking 6.0 writing 6.0
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
tumababa:

Thought you said if i use it then it will weaken my home tie?

No. What I meant is if you are pointing to your pension is POF to the VO, is somehow reduces your home tie. But you can use same as home tie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please for the IMM1294 form I need a clarification.
There is a part that asked for cost of my studies, Tuition, room and board and funds available for my stay.
My course is a 2 years course , am I supposed to fill the cost of my studies for 1 year since POF is meant to show one year tuition or should I put the cost of the studies for 2 years?

Also for duration of expected study, do I put 2 year or 4 years as my admission letter only gives an estimate that it takes 2-4 years to complete the course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

No. What I meant is if you are pointing to your pension is POF to the VO, is somehow reduces your home tie. But you can use same as home tie.

Oh good. Thanks for d info

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.