Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862269 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by honeycandy(f): 3:45am On Apr 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a challenge. I hope someone can advise me. I got admission into Conestoga College and have paid the initial deposit since on the 6th of April using CIBC payment option via Form A, I got notification that payment has been received on the 9th of April. Now the issue is Conestoga college is yet to acknowledge payment. I received a mail from them saying my acceptance has been closed because I didn't make initial payment. I sent them a mail earlier and only received an auto-generated e-mail. What can I do? Can someone please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jydorchem: 5:04am On Apr 25, 2021
Call them and explain. It will be sorted out.

honeycandy:
Hello everyone,

I have a challenge. I hope someone can advise me. I got admission into Conestoga College and have paid the initial deposit since on the 6th of April using CIBC payment option via Form A, I got notification that payment has been received on the 9th of April. Now the issue is Conestoga college is yet to acknowledge payment. I received a mail from them saying my acceptance has been closed because I didn't make initial payment. I sent them a mail earlier and only received an auto-generated e-mail. What can I do? Can someone please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afeezzezo: 5:28am On Apr 25, 2021
Jojo257:

If you did upfront medical you have to send the e medical slip to ircc via webform or email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mazeb: 6:03am On Apr 25, 2021
Hello House

Please I have two questions.

1. If you have a Study Permit already awaiting approval and you also want to create a profile for EE, do you create a new profile or do your add it to the exiting SP application ?

2. If you want to reapply after a refusal, do you create a totally new profile and add the UCI number or do you add the new application to the refused one ?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lobinche101(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2021
PLS HOW DO I BOOK MY MEDICAL ONLINE. I NEED A WEBSITE OR SOMETHING. CAN I ALSO DO IT AT THE IOM CENTRE IN GRA IKEJA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sirenoel: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Another ghost update on my profile this Sunday morning.
God abeg! May it end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sirenoel: 7:26am On Apr 25, 2021
Yes you can. Book here:
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

lobinche101:
PLS HOW DO I BOOK MY MEDICAL ONLINE. I NEED A WEBSITE OR SOMETHING. CAN I ALSO DO IT AT THE IOM CENTRE IN GRA IKEJA?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2021
ajikaz2003:
###### LONG POST ALERT ######

It’s Testimony Time

Guys, I wish to share my success story to encourage others who have been delayed. First of all, I thank Mr. Frankrobbn1, Mr. JustMellow, Mr. Lekiboboe, and other contributors for their selfless services here. I also appreciate some people who have been trying to answer questions in the absence of the gurus, but most times your answers are wrong and misleading.

Hello Ajikaz2003,

Thank you for the recognition. I want to say a big congratulations on your triumph. It was indeed a struggle.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2021
sirenoel:

Same here.

But my application hasn't gotten to eligibility review . But yours had started. How come same information is being entered at same time?. Abi this people had started eligibility in spirit ni tongue

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bioles1187(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2021
sirenoel:
inshallah it will end in praise...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:01am On Apr 25, 2021
sirenoel:
Ghost update accompanied with error 502 while trying to check application status is not actual ghost update. It’s a glitch
I experienced same thing on my account in the early hours of this morning.

Sorry to disappoint you grin
It will definitely end in praise for us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sirenoel: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2021
It could be that your eligibility has started or as they are on your file now, eligibility will be updated.

Also depends on when you applied, it could be them confirming background check information.

Someone is atll least on our application. Thank God.

Legacyedition:

Same here.

But my application hasn't gotten to eligibility review . But yours had started. How come same information is being entered at same time?. Abi this people had started eligibility in spirit ni tongue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2021
Theboysquare1:

Ghost update accompanied with error 502 while trying to check application status is not actual ghost update. It’s a glitch

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sirenoel: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2021
Haha! Experiencing same with mine. Full review wouldn't even load.

Thanks for the information.

Theboysquare1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=Theboysquare1 post=101100947][/quote]

Same as mine.

Mine even showed Application updated.

And I'm not allowed to access the main portal.

It's clear they are working on it at the moment.

But on a Sunday?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:06am On Apr 25, 2021
Ribasandez:

Same as mine.

Mine even showed Application updated.

And I'm not allowed to access the main portal.

It's clear they are working on it at the moment.

But on a Sunday?

Same here.

I pray it ends in praise for all of us.

May God sanctify our visa applications. May He shower us with His abundant grace.

And may we come to glorify His Holy name afterwards.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2021
Abeg na. Make this people drop my medical request. Since February. 18th that I did biometrics cry cry cry

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2021
Cflow10:
Have you gotten feedback on your application now ?
yeah since March 17th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2021
Extremely.

AyomiAfo:

This is such a mean thing to say to somebody.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2021
Mirian91:
Good morning scholars,

This is already part 18 of this thread which has come a long way. Please help a wandering soul in the right direction. God bless everyone that takes out time to respond to questions here. I do not know where to start I have researching schools.

My profile

I have a BSc in Public Administration
29 years and married, hubby is 34
graduated with 2.1
going for masters or a diploma course in Canada (depends on the affordable one; recommendations are highly appreciated)
I am also in the express entry pool
Can hubby come with me to school?
Is IELTS a must for graduate programs? (I already have ielts general)
Do I have a better chance to get an affordable school?
I'm ready to leave by September if possible.

Thank you in advance for your responses. @Frankrobbn, @lekiboboe
@justmellow and everyone pls help

Hello Mirian91,

If you desire for your spouse to come with you to Canada, you have to take a quick assessment of your circumstances. For example your financial strength, ties, and demonstrating good intent to study esp if you included your spouse in your EE application as accompanying (dependent).

Don't use your IELTS General to seek admission, but you can use it when applying for your permit.
You can go the NSE way if you meet the requirement.

You should be looking forward to the next session intake as most Universities are almost rounding up their applications for Fall 2021 intake same also applies to some colleges. Though, most colleges might still grant admission for Fall 2021 intake to either fill their seats or have their admissions windows open for a limited while.

Ensure you don't go for a Diploma but a PGD or Master's program. BTW, what is your experience domain, and what program interests you?

One last opinion, it may be wise if you start your school search now against Winter or Fall 2022 session.

Will you be losing points to age anytime soon or you're post AOR?

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Theboysquare1:
Abeg na. Make this people drop my medical request. Since February. 18th that I did biometrics cry cry cry
you don't have to wait for request. Bettee go to upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2021
Rootiab:
you don't have to wait for request. Bettee go to upfront
Might just consider that option soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Geo4646: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2021
what is study permit application fee which is $150CAD(#41,250) ?? pls put me thru

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2021
Pinkey2021:
Let me officially introduce myself.

I’m not very new although I’m new!

I’ve been lurking in the backgrounds of Nairaland since early 2020 after I submitted my first application. And my! Have I grown since then.

Hello Pinkey2021,

I am honoured for your recognition and I hope to be the first to wish you congratulations when your love letter arrives. Until then, Keep the good work going.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2021
honeycandy:
Hello everyone,

Firstly, call them on the phone and tell them that payment was made prior to deadline, however, the transmission was a day or two and you have receipt for confirmation from the bank, so they should confirm from their own end. Explain that you got a mail about your acceptance being closed, it can be resolved once payment is confirmed.

Also, do them another mail with receipt and confirmation of payment, you will be reached out to irrespective of the automated email.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:35am On Apr 25, 2021
RahmaMohammed:
Hello everyone! Is there anyone applying to study in Canada and travel with their kids? I am filling my forms and there is a requirement for letter of acceptance from a school to apply for study permit for the kids too. I thought I will find them a school once I get there. The IRCC website says

"Minor children before entering Canada
Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit.

If they’re coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when they apply for a study permit.

Before your minor child travels to Canada, make sure their DLI is on the list of those with approved COVID-19 readiness plans. They won’t be able to enter Canada if their DLI isn’t on this list"

Hello RahmaMohammed,

You can use your LOA to apply for SP for your kids to come with you to Canada. On the IMM form, fill in your exact details therein but except for their names.

Cc: Heffalump

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zeazytee2320: 8:37am On Apr 25, 2021
Gooday Everyone. Please, who has processed and gotten admission in any canada uni for PGD or Msc in any Agricultural science related course. Thank you. Will be reading your comments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2021
MsJanez01:

Congratulation!!
Hmmm.. I'm interested in this your mail acknowledgement analysis. I've received 2 mails so far. The one from Kenya April 14th had "active review" while the one from Beijing April 16th had "In process". I hope this your analysis is true ooo... lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lobinche101(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2021
sirenoel:
Yes you can. Book here:
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2021
Hello all good morning,

Please I studied transport management as first degree then after Nysc I went to a fashion school... have been into fashion now and even have my fashion brand...can I go for a fashion course ( international cut) will I be given study permit...

I need your advice dear family.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Happy Sunday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2021
I wish you all a Happy Sunday!

For those who are traveling soon, It shall be a safe and delightful journey by God's grace. Canada is a nice country, but our purpose in life is much bigger than any location we find ourselves in.

Let us endeavor to be a blessing unto this world wherever we are. Let's make a positive difference, not just for our beloved families, but also for mankind. Let's be kind, polite, and gracious towards our neighbors. No one knows when his or her last hour will come in this life.

As for the rest of us still waiting, I pray God grants us our heart desires. But more importantly, may God's will be done.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6