Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,591 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862297 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
I also got a ghost update around 7am today, although my eligibility hasn't started, or mayb it has started but nt displaying yet.
Submitted 11th March, 2021 and today is the last day to respond to NSE request. It is well!
sirenoel:
Another ghost update on my profile this Sunday morning.
God abeg! May it end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lol.....Mine hasn't started too, 11th March, 2021.........It is well!
Mobi22:

My eligibility hasn’t started too
Omo March application brace yourselves ooh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Olayinka1981:

Please @Rootiab...1. Which school are you attending in Montréal?
2. Did you apply for the CAQ acceptance before proceedimg with your bisa application?

Thank you for your response..
my final destination is newfoundland and I'm doing my 3 days quarantine in Montreal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Good day everyone.
Between Fcmb and access bank. Which is better for Form A payment ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Pls which bank did you use in making Form A payment?
honeycandy:
Hello everyone,

I have a challenge. I hope someone can advise me. I got admission into Conestoga College and have paid the initial deposit since on the 6th of April using CIBC payment option via Form A, I got notification that payment has been received on the 9th of April. Now the issue is Conestoga college is yet to acknowledge payment. I received a mail from them saying my acceptance has been closed because I didn't make initial payment. I sent them a mail earlier and only received an auto-generated e-mail. What can I do? Can someone please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
Chilexeve:
Good morning all,

please Polaris bank is claiming they do Mybank Statement, but canada is not included. I've been to several branches yet same story.

please what can I do? I can't transfer the money to another bank that does it as they may PMD the accound because it's a huge sum and the account has not seen such huge amount for a long time.

Can I submit ordinary statement of account with a letter from Polaris bank explaining that canada is not included in the list of countries that can request for mybank statement?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Frankrobbn1 please help me.
( Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Share

I use to know that Polaris Bank Plc is among the list of commercial banks that provides mybank statement certificate to her customers. You can generate this certificate via mobile banking app without visiting your the bank branch office.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by haywhy0007(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
Good day all, please I have a question
Does being pregnant affect getting a study visa?

Pls I need your advice/ response.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
haywhy0007:

Thank you.

How many months pregnancy is this please? Given that you're pregnant as at the time of your application, you will be exempted from having an X-ray test during your medical examination. This information will also be forwarded to the immigration officer responsible for the processing of your application. It might give the officer a negative impression that you're using study permit as a means to give birth in Canada rather than educational advancement. I believe the onus is on the visa officer who exercises his discretion on your admissibility to Canada.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Rootiab:
Good day everyone.
Between Fcmb and access bank. Which is better for Form A payment ??

Access Bank would do better.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Access Bank would do better.

It will end in praise
okay thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oliadeo7: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
haywhy0007:

Thank you.

Nop.

My wife study permit was approved even she was 7months pregnant when she went for the medical examination.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
librangyps:
Hi guys,
I've been assisting a colleague with his application and here is his timeline so far.

Applied 12th April 2021
Biometrics 13th April 2021
NSE request (request for ielts result only) 23rd April 2021
Ielts result submitted 24th April 2021

He is attending post graduate certificate program at conestoga.
Documents submitted with his application include Upfront Medical, police report, MBS (N10m) and IELTS amongst others.

Thought to share

Is applicant a May or September intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question.
I’m applying for my study permit but I’m seventeen. Will that affect anything? I created the account in my own name and added an application for my mum who will be traveling with me. Is it okay for me to submit the application through my own account? Will there be any issues?
Also is this LOE compulsory? It’s not part of the required documents on my portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayinka1981: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
olasubomy:
APPLICATION PROFILE

Did Upfront Medical on September 16, Submitted Application 4th October, 2020, Received NSE Request Letter 19th November,2020, Responded 26 November 2020,, Review of Addtional Documents Started November 30th, Eligibility Review Started Dec 2nd, PPR dropped Dec 7.

Submitted the underlisted forms as required:

1. Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I have only travelled out of the country only once and that was Dubai, even though the United Arab Emirates is not considered as a strong factor for travel history, i still declared it and stated the metro stations of the two places where i stayed (IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED OUT,DONT PANIC, YOU CAN GET VISA ON A VIRGIN PASSPORT).

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE SECTION:

Started this section with a Table of Content to show - Serial No, List of Attached Documents, Institutions/Professional Bodies;

A- Unconditional Certificate of Acceptance - University of New Brunswick (MBA)
B- First Degree Certificate
C- First Degree Transcript
D - Professional Accounting Certificate - ICAN
E - Professional Accounting Transcript - ICAN
F - Accounting Technicians Scheme - ATS
G - Foreign Credential Evaluation Report - Foreign Credential Service of America.
H - IELTS Test Score.

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SECTION.

I also started this section with Table of content as above so the VO will know which page to look for what.

A - Affidavit of Declaration of Income
B- Bank Reference Letter ( From my bank where my salary account is domiciled)
C - 6 Months Bank Statement ( Salary Account)
D - Pension Statement of Account
E- 2 Months Payslip
F- Certified Audited Statement of Networth of my parents signed by a firm of Chartered Accountants with seal.
G-Letter of Sponsorship and support signed by my both parents.
H- Motthers Bank Reference Letter.
I - Mothers Bank Statement.
J- All Incorporation Documents of my mums business.
K - My Dads Tenancy Agreements.

CLIENTS SECTION:

This section had alot of documents so i started with a Table of content to show Page Number, List of Documents & Source/Issuing Institutiion;

A - Statement of Purpose (4 Pages in length with Sub headings)
B - Police Character Certificate
C - Curriculum Vitae
D - Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (Reference Letter)
E - Birth Certificate (Myself and Siblings)
G- Passport Data Page (Parents)
H - SSCE Certificate
i - NYSC Certificate.
J - Letter of Employment from Current Employer.
K - Letter of Confirmation of Employment
l - Promotion Letters in Current Employment.
M - Appraisal Letter of Outstanding Performance
N- Copy of Staff Identity Card
O - Employment Letters from Previous employment
P - Estate Valuers Report on Land and Residential Building.
Q - Pictures of Family ( with footnotes decribing persons in the picture)
R - A picture of Myself and Colleagues in workplace
S - Copy of Lagos State Tax Clearance Card(Myself and Parents)

I hope these helps for those who requested for my profile.
NB: Try to put a lot of effort in working on your SOP and have people review it for you, make sure you attach support documents you have quoted in your SOP.

It will end in praise, i wish everyone good news soonest.

Thanks for sharing your time line.. Please just want to ask. Did you submit all these document online? Or was it a paper application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
jesusbae32:

Am just about to start my journey please
As advised by the other person that quoted your post, it's important the program is at a postgraduate level. I'm not sure if you would be able to find a program at such level in line with fashion. Have a look at business management courses. Google "global business management Canada"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayinka1981: 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Jideks:
He sent it to my account because there are unexplainable lump sums in his account.
We decided to use only my own statement, but just put his employment letter and pay stubs.
Is it okay?

Good day Frank, please i sent a mail to you.. Please i need your contact number as i will be needing your assistance on this journey.
My number is 07032375655.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Rootiab:
please how did u do it??. So I can go do mine on Monday

Hello Rootiab,

So sorry for the late response.

There’re two ways to use Form A to make international tuition payment.

Here’s what you should do.

1. If the bank you have an existing account is where the funds you want to pay your tuition fee is, just go there and request for Form A from them.

Go along with:
Degree Certificate (Original copy)
Original International passport (they won’t accept photocopy)
LOA - Letter of Acceptance from your sch
School fees invoice/quote showing total amount to be paid
School banking details: acc num, swift codes, branch code, sort code etc

2. But if you prefer a bank where you don’t have an existing account (for instance you bank with First bank but prefer Stanbic because their Form A payment is swift and fast) as long as you’re familiar with an account holder of that bank that’s also completely fine. Just transfer your funds to them.

Next you go with the person to the bank and ask for Form A to pay international tuition.

Under Acc to be debited
An authorization to debit form will be signed by the person.

THAT’S WHERE THEIR PARTICIPATION ENDS.

Then you fill out the FORM A with your own personal details with regards to your school, as well as your school’s details. MAKE SURE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS IS THE REFERENCE YOU’RE FILLING HERE AND NOT THAT OF THE ACCOUNT HOLDER. Because your personal details must correspond with the documents you’re submitting with the form, eg Your full name as it is on your passport, university certificate etc

The authorization to debit form is for the bank, while the Form A itself is for CBN. The bank will submit the form A to CBN and they’ll do the processing. CBN charges a flat rate for the form A processing, (when I did mine last year it was about N3k thereabout). The bank is not allowed to charge any extra charges outside of the CBN processing fee, so monitor the account to be aware.

As long as there’s availability of foreign currency by CBN, it usually take between 48-72hrs on average for the funds to be debited and get to your school. Once your school receives the money they’ll issue you the school tuition receipt for your records as proof of payment.

As of today Sunday, 25th April, the CBN official exchange rate is: 1CAD = N305

Note: Nig banks usually don’t have Canadian dollars (CAD), so they’ll do the transaction with USD but your school will receive it in CAD. Also, the account you’re paying with will be debited with the CAD equivalent too.

All the best.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for us All}

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by librangyps(f): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
shupy:

Is applicant a May or September intake?

He is to resume classes August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
RxOtunba:
Lol.....Mine hasn't started too, 11th March, 2021.........It is well!
29th of March, eligibility never start o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
Olayinka1981:

Thanks for sharing your time line.. Please just want to ask. Did you submit all these document online? Or was it a paper application. Thanks

Submitted online

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kayz3446:

I was denied my study permit and I have ordered and received my GCMS notes which I would want to share with you before applying again because I have been admitted again for a program fall 2021.please let me know how to show you the GCMS note to advise me on what to do

Okay, please send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
Guys has anyone received a PPR for a minor?
What are the documents required?
Since they didn't do biometrics, do they still need to pay the Biometrics Transmission Fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I use to know that Polaris Bank Plc is among the list of commercial banks that provides mybank statement certificate to her customers. You can generate this certificate via mobile banking app without visiting your the bank branch office.

It will end in praise

Hello Mr Frank,

Yes Polaris bank offer the MBS ticket, However, be adviced that you cant generate MBS TICKET with mobile app. You have to visit the branch you will be charged #1419

Let there be rain of PPR this new week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Winner0718:

Hello Mr Frank,

Yes Polaris bank offer the MBS ticket, However, be adviced that you cant generate MBS TICKET with mobile app. You have to visit any Polaris branch to request and you will be charged #1419

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Winner0718:

Hello Mr Frank,

Yes Polaris bank offer the MBS ticket, However, be adviced that you cant generate MBS TICKET with mobile app. You have to visit the branch you will be charged #1419

Yes you can generate MBS TICKET with mobile app, although I’m only aware of GTBANK mobile app. The charges if any will be deducted from the account.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
No fear. ....Lol
Austin163:
29th of March, eligibility never start o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
kasmilla:
Can someone get 2yrs canadian working visa from Nigeria
, Is there anything like 2yrs working visa for Canada please advise me

You can get a work permit/visa from Nigeria on the account that you've secured a valid job offer (LMIA/LMIA exempt) from a designated Canadian employer. Apparently, due to Covid-19 pandemic, it will be extremely difficult to secure a job from outside of Canada. Any job offer you may receive from anyone now, may likely be a fraudulent offer. I would suggest you tread cautiously.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Awwww Amen thank you so much Oga! @justMellow

JustMellow:
Hello,

Teenie19 I like your vibes and I hope you become a testifier soon.

Ogunleyesijibomi don't stop hoping.

Demure178 you have nothing to fuss about, you will be a victor.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
librangyps:

He is to resume classes August
. All the best to the applicant. Kindly give an update when eligibility review starts.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ajikaz2003(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
@MsJanez01,

If your application is being processed at Kenya office, I think you should believe them.

However, I see that you are resuming in May. With this, you can mount pressure on the Kenya office to kindly fastrack your application. Aside from exceeded processing time, due date for tuition fee payment and close resumption dates are other good reasons to seek expeditions processing of a study permit application.

Best of luck to you and other applicants expecting good news.

MsJanez01:

Congratulation!!
Hmmm.. I'm interested in this your mail acknowledgement analysis. I've received 2 mails so far. The one from Kenya April 14th had "active review" while the one from Beijing April 16th had "In process". I hope this your analysis is through ooo... lol.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nurseriches: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
Gurus in the house
Urgent Question
I applied for study permit here in the United States of America .I am trying to raise a web form, I want to add an an important document to my application,how do I know the visa office processing my application

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55