Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862270 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2021
Legacyedition:

Same here.

But my application hasn't gotten to eligibility review . But yours had started. How come same information is being entered at same time?. Abi this people had started eligibility in spirit ni tongue

My eligibility hasn’t started too
Omo March application brace yourselves ooh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ACSgrains1(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2021
honeycandy:
Hello everyone,

I have a challenge. I hope someone can advise me. I got admission into Conestoga College and have paid the initial deposit since on the 6th of April using CIBC payment option via Form A, I got notification that payment has been received on the 9th of April. Now the issue is Conestoga college is yet to acknowledge payment. I received a mail from them saying my acceptance has been closed because I didn't make initial payment. I sent them a mail earlier and only received an auto-generated e-mail. What can I do? Can someone please advise.

I applied for conestoga too but I used flywire in my payments.
Usually conestoga could have send you a payment receipt and letter acknowledging your payment 3 to 5 working days after it was made.

internationalfees@conestogac.on.ca
internationaladmissions@conestogac.on.ca

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2021
It would surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2021
afrobrown2000:
An ongoing reader here..am around page 270 of this part 18...trying to catch up..I need to clear my head abit before I catch up proper...as I intend to submit 1st week May..

My wife is planning to study in Canada at ROYAL ROADS university (GLOBAL Management)..I have some questions on how to increase her chances of getting SP.

Due to bank card challenges for international payment dear wife has a brother in Canada (Alberta)..that obliged to help us pay 5K CND as prepayment for free as his own contribution .

My wife works which her company is willing to approved her study leave with pay(about 300k monthly), because she is one of the longest working staff and has won best employee of year consistently.. Her job can be done online so the office expects her to setup systems where she can monitor her subordinate staffs in her absence ....she is their Operations Manager ( like monthly report)

Her tuition is 33k+10k LE+3k books,dues...etc her main sponsor is her dad who is willing to send her 10million as a gift deed as he into oil and gas.. ...we just bought a house..thats practically the only documented landed property we have .

After the house purchase i have been low on MBS but I hold bitcoins which I intend to liquidate 5kUSD to my Bank of American Account for her and give her my debit card.(prepayment tuition 5kCND, dad 10million, me 5k USD, salary 300k monthly)

1. How much does wifey need to have to full establish financial status..

2. Documents that the dad needs to bring to full establish his support (his promise to support re kindle after his visit to Canada to see his grand child)he has a valid Canadian visa

3.Should she establish that she has a brother in Canada and the 5k payment made by him ( will VO see this as a red flag that she isn't coming back)..if YES what docs does he need to provide

Note: *she is traveling alone and all children are US citizens..they will join her after she has prepared for them to come.

Pls gurus in the house ....@frank , @ justmellow..@mcobex. @otunba tee that's the same school you got a study permit for...etc..help this is the foundation of my application...intend to ask other peripheral questions in the future...

Hello Afrobrown2000,

Allow your spouse's father to take the sole sponsorship responsibility. From the 10m Naira gift, get your spouse to pay the 10k LE from her account to open a GIC with CIBC. Your spouse's father can make the part payment tuition fees from his account that will be used for the sponsorship intent.

This way, you don't necessarily have to show your BS if you don't have sufficient funds in your BA. But you can still go ahead to make a financial commitment by liquidating your investment or not, but what is important is demonstrating that you are well-established in your home country by including documents that best describes your financial and/or socioeconomic strength i.e. employment letter, payslips, etc.

You can include a Letter of Support that demonstrates how you intend to support your spouse while studying. Ensure that any financial commitment to be made to your spouse should be labeled with a transfer narrative or description.

To your queries:

IRCC expects that PA/Sponsor should have up to $35,000 CAD which the 10m meets coupled with the BS that your spouse's father will use to support the sponsorship intent.

For the documents needed from your spouse's father, the significant documents proving his source of income, letter of sponsorship, investment proof, etc. Better still, go through the timeline of others and see the sponsorship documents listed.

It is advised that your spouse declare her brother in Canada. For the payment of the 5k, the claims should be that you made the payment as your commitment and support for your spouse's studies. Unlike Ireland, Canada doesn't bother from what source the tuition is paid from once the source of income of PA/Sponsor has been well-demonstrated.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Geo4646: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2021
G morning sir, I have been following this thread for yrs now, anyway I'm a novice pertaining to Canada visa processes. back in 2016, an agent did a Canada visa, but I was denial, pls sir I need your help, cos I'm planning to process a student visa this time around, and I know I'm in the right place and right person, I need your directions and so I wouldn't get ban, that's is my greatest fear. pls I need ur urgent response.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 9:25am On Apr 25, 2021
jesusbae32:
Hello all good morning,

Please I studied transport management as first degree then after Nysc I went to a fashion school... have been into fashion now and even have my fashion brand...can I go for a fashion course ( international cut) will I be given study permit...

Will this suffix

I need your advice dear family.

Please help me attend to this please�

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BiggestAmaju: 9:41am On Apr 25, 2021
Greetings to Gurus and everyone in the house. Would those completing their first year online from their home country wait till a month to the start of fall 2021 to enter Canada? Or they can enter at anytime given that they have complete a full session from their home country?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bioles1187(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2021
Plaese house quick question. Do I need to tender my account statement or only my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by honeycandy(f): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Thank you so much
ACSgrains1:

I applied for conestoga too but I used flywire in my payments.
Usually conestoga could have send you a payment receipt and letter acknowledging your payment 3 to 5 working days after it was made.

internationalfees@conestogac.on.ca
internationaladmissions@conestogac.on.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heffalump(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello RahmaMohammed,

You can use your LOA to apply for SP for your kids to come with you to Canada. On the IMM form, fill in your exact details therein but except for their names.

Cc: Heffalump

Best of Luck

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2021
Geo4646:
G morning sir, I have been following this thread for yrs now, anyway I'm a novice pertaining to Canada visa processes. back in 2016, an agent did a Canada visa, but I was denial, pls sir I need your help, cos I'm planning to process a student visa this time around, and I know I'm in the right place and right person, I need your directions and so I wouldn't get ban, that's is my greatest fear. pls I need ur urgent response.

Thanks.
Get an admission to a Canadian institution showing educational and career progression, proceed to getting your supporting documents e.g proof of properties for hometies and sufficient money to pay for your first year of studies and living expenses of 10k CAD, so long you provide a genuine SOA, and you're not involved in any form of misrepresentation, you don't have to worry about getting banned, follow the right steps and it will surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=jesusbae32 post=101102745][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2021
jesusbae32:
Hello all good morning,

Please I studied transport management as first degree then after Nysc I went to a fashion school... have been into fashion now and even have my fashion brand...can I go for a fashion course ( international cut) will I be given study permit...

Thank you
Yes you can, have you seen one. It's not all programs or institute that are eligible for post graduate work permit, so you should keep that in consideration. What course have you actually found?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2021

Will this suffix

Thank you [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Geo4646: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2021
thanks so much for ur kind reply. like I have said, I'm a novice in terms of the processing, I wish u can help me and put me thru, and I can have ur whatsapp no#, like how much sponsor statement account is required to present? and am likely going for a diploma, and how much is for admission? visa fee? acceptance fee? what are the requirements needed to submit.

thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2021
Bioles1187:
Plaese house quick question. Do I need to tender my account statement or only my sponsor?

If your statement of account looks quite good, you can (it really helps).

If not, please don't.

Since your sponsor is the one to shoulder all the expenses, his or her statement of account is imperative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2021
EverGrateful:
Hello House,

Kindly assist with your opinion on this issue. I am actually asking for my sister. She has a BSc (2010) & MSc (2015) in Food Tech but works with a govt body that conducts elections in Nigeria. She plans to go for an MSc in a specialized aspect of food science in Canada. She has had no work experience in her field of study except for 6months IT but she is very interested in this FOOD area. Please what can be the justification in her SOP/LOE to VO for her plan to study in Canada.

Guru's in the house please respond- Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Lekiboboe, and other gurus in the house. Make una help a sister ooo.

Hello EverGrateful,

If she can justify her study gap by demonstrating she has prior experience relating to confectionery, pastry, or food science; it will be easier to explain and will improve her chances.

As it is, there are more than one limitations in her profile which requires good evidence to make a strong point based on her interest to pursue a second Master (except if she chose not to declare it and fill it with experience relating to her interest).

If she is bent on continuing with her interest, she should be proactive by;

• Registering a business name (before the year runs out so it bears 2021 against her application for 2022)
• Transactional evidence for service execution
• Photo evidence while executing the services
• Letter of Reference from client's (2 or 3) who had patronized her services
• Create an online presence for her food business

Since she has a Masters already, she might consider a Ph.D. in Food Science or an MBA/ PGD in Management. She can give her reasons that:

The business management study is aimed toward the management and operations of her food venture which she intends to launch on her return to Nigeria.

What is my advice?

Let her go for a program related to her experience domain and make a switch from within Canada. She can go for courses like Public Administration, Mediation and Conflict Management studies, Leadership Management, Linguistic, and the likes. Let her check Royal Roads University.

Her reasons can be that her office been a body that conducts elections in her country has demanded its staff to update their academic qualification records as requirements before being permitted to undergo the introduced aptitude training and orientation assessment ahead of the 2023 elections in Nigeria or risk been demoted.

She can also mention that getting demoted would be a major setback in her career, as she aims to participate directly as a senior coordinating officer or as it may be during the 2023 election, which will give her the targetted exposure at the Federal level.

Hence since you don't have a direct or related academic qualification, the reason why it became mandated to pursue a Master in... The storyline is dependent on what course she decides to settle for.

BTW, her old is her current experience, and can she get the necessary support in terms of documentation from her office?

Best of Luck (to your sister)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 11:52am On Apr 25, 2021
shupy:
Yes you can, have you seen one. It's not all programs or institute that are eligible for post graduate work permit, so you should keep that in consideration. What course have you actually found?

Am just about to start my journey please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bioles1187(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2021
Ribasandez:

If your statement of account looks quite good, you can (it really helps).

If not, please don't.

Since your sponsor is the one to shoulder all the expenses, his or her statement of account is imperative.
thanks boss man...my statement of account is not quite good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayz3446: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
letskeeptalking:

Hi,

Please send me a PM
I was denied my study permit and I have ordered and received my GCMS notes which I would want to share with you before applying again because I have been admitted again for a program fall 2021.please let me know how to show you the GCMS note to advise me on what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
JDforeal:
Hello , please i would appreciate your help, I'm new here

I gained admission into a college in canada, and i'm trying to apply for study visa

I run a small fashion business and so my brother is my sponsor.

He earns quite a lot and have been working for years, but he hardly has liquid cash in his salary account

we intend using his personal account, but he also doesn't have much balance there and hasn't received more than 400k at a time in the past 6 month. He has lots of landed properties with documents and receipts to show.

My question is do we make a deed of sales for the lump-sum we intend transferring to his account (5m twice) for say a sales of a property, even though he didn't sell any property

Also does he have to transfer my leaving expenses to my personal account before i commence my application

@justmellow and everyone, please ill appreciate your advise

Hello JDforeal,

Your query is not all clear. However, if your brother is sponsoring you, he will have to demonstrate commitment by paying part of your tuition and LE transferred to you (or open a GIC).

The lump sum can be justified by property sales, deed gift, loan repayment, liquidation of investment, etc.

From the provided information, your sponsor's financial profile may not be satisfactory and the monies can be termed not accessible to PA or as borrowed monies. For better advice, you may want to give a clear picture of the true situation. What about your parents?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
jesusbae32:

Will this suffix

Thank you
If you must go for a fashion program, it must be on the post graduate level, and there has to be a perfect demonstration of your post nysc fashion experience, if you own your own fashion industry and it's duly registered with CAC, I will advise you go for a business management program on a post graduate level as against going for a fashion program, as you will have a lot of work to do convincing the vo that your choice of program makes sense as against your previous degree

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jesusbae32: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
bollybeejay:

If you must go for a fashion program, it must be on the post graduate level, and there has to be a perfect demonstration of your post nysc fashion experience, if you own your own fashion industry and it's duly registered with CAC, I will advise you go for a business management program on a post graduate level as against going for a fashion program, as you will have a lot of work to do convincing the vo that your choice of program makes sense as against your previous degree

Thank you so much... this is okay for me... so grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
Harbay30:
Hello everyone,

Pls I need help as to how to bring my dependents into Canada to join me. My hubby won't be coming with them, will i need a study visa for them as well? They are ages 8 and 5 and I will also i will like to know if I can apply for a visiting visa for my mom to help in bringing them.@JustMellow

Hello Harbay30,

Leave your mom out of the picture for now to improve your chances. You can later in the future apply for a Super Visa (SV) to bring her to Canada. You can apply for SP for your kids with your academic information.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
jimikata:
Good afternoon, could anyone avail me list of schools with tuition deposit between $500-1,000.
Thanks.

Hello Jimikata,

You can check:

• New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
• Nova Scotia Community College ( NSCC)
• Assiniboine Community College

Best of Luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gallantjo: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hello everyone, please I am here again. I submitted my study visa application on 12 January. I received a BVL on 18th March, I was expecting a decision and when I didn't get, upon the advice of people here, I send about 10 web forms, ordered gcms notes (result not yet out) wrote an email to my visa office in Abudahbi. So on April 12 I got a response from visa office in Abudahbi saying my visa has been finalized and that I will receive the response in my online account shortly. People of since that 12th till today I check my mail 30 times day/night, no show. So how soon is this shortly, will it be wise or rude to send an email reminder again to them? Is this a general problem?. I started study online from Oman in January, I finished 3 courses in January semester, I have started summer 1 semester, my program will end April 2022.mount Saint Vincent University Halifax. Please I need your suggestion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
Jesusrules24:
Thank you so much for your response.

Just to be clear, are you saying that if I apply to withdraw the application, I can immediately reapply? I do not have to wait for feedback from Ircc.

Once I submit the webform for withdrawal, I can start another application?

Hello Jesusrules24,

It is better to wait to receive a confirmation or notification of successful withdrawal before putting in a new application.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hello LadyBlaq,

Worry not about the compression, relax your mind. If there are any documents not submitted and you think are important, use the webform and/or email. You may not get a response via webform, but you will get one via email.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hello,

Teenie19 I like your vibes and I hope you become a testifier soon.

Ogunleyesijibomi don't stop hoping.

Demure178 you have nothing to fuss about, you will be a victor.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
I see many PPR & MR this week from 26th - 30th April .

May yours come before the end of this April in Jesus name. Amen

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayinka1981: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
Rootiab:
So wait oo. No one is going to Montreal on 15th May?. Please na. I have spare bed in the hotel I booked.

Please @Rootiab...1. Which school are you attending in Montréal?
2. Did you apply for the CAQ acceptance before proceedimg with your bisa application?

Thank you for your response..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
jimikata:
Good afternoon, could anyone avail me list of schools with tuition deposit between $500-1,000.
Thanks.

Memorial University of Newfoundland $300

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.