Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (863083 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 6:54pm On May 05, 2021
Naughtyvirgin:
I need insights from gurus or anyone with knowledgeable experience.

I'm a graduate of biochemistry 2016 though with a lower grade (3rd class). I intend applying to Canadian schools but I have Nursing in mind.. I tried checking online with a few schools and noticed their requirements were quite high. Although, I came across a few post on some other threads were someone mentioned one could take pre-requisites and then do a 2 year program in nursing, I really don't know how true that is.
I'd love to know if it's possible to switch from biochemistry to Nursing, bearing it in mind that I haven't worked with my degree since I graduated in 2016 but I've been working as a female hairstylist.

Anyone with an idea of how to go about this should kindly share his/her view.. I await an honest response. Thanks

We are in same shoe, but I done go for business post graduate diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 05, 2021
Hello again everyone.
I have a little dilemma. My mum is meant to travel with me seeing as I might not be eighteen yet before I travel and she wants to get me settled in. On my application, I indicated that I would be applying for someone else too. According to the IRCC website visitor visas are not a priority at the moment. Will the fact that I am applying with her slow down my own application or should she just apply separately. Because the plan is las las if she doesn't get hers on time I will travel with a friend that is going as well.
Basically my question is will the fact that she is applying for a visitor visa along with my study permit affect my processing time negatively? Or will they be treated as two separate applications and I can go ahead.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:58pm On May 05, 2021
Onaya:
Congratulations!

Please, how did you contact the the notary lawyer for his services? Where can I find one? And what's the likely cost of securing their services for a notarized affidavit of support?

Kindly reply back to me.

i notarized both documents for 8,000 or there about. Price varies with lawyer as it isn't a fixed price.

The first notary i contacted requested for 15 000 for each document so i left him and ran away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2021
Can I send you a pm?
Legacyedition:

We are in same shoe, but I done go for business post graduate diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 7:17pm On May 05, 2021
childgodly:
Hello again everyone.
I have a little dilemma. My mum is meant to travel with me seeing as I might not be eighteen yet before I travel and she wants to get me settled in. On my application, I indicated that I would be applying for someone else too. According to the IRCC website visitor visas are not a priority at the moment. Will the fact that I am applying with her slow down my own application or should she just apply separately. Because the plan is las las if she doesn't get hers on time I will travel with a friend that is going as well.
Basically my question is will the fact that she is applying for a visitor visa along with my study permit affect my processing time negatively? Or will they be treated as two separate applications and I can go ahead.
Thank you.

Guy you would be 18 soon
all this chaperone something... I do not think it is necessary (my opinion though). I have seen 17-year olds travel abroad and nothing happened.
I would advice you focus on your application for now and maybe your mum can visit later.
you can focus on getting your visa for now. If need be, you could demonstrate in your SOP a degree of independence, that you are old enough to school in Canada without supervision and that you know what you are doing
except your mum wants to japa sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pee2Jay9: 7:18pm On May 05, 2021
Pls who has traveled to Canada with a covid test from Port Harcourt? Someone should please confirm that the Covid result from Rivers state Government also serves.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 7:30pm On May 05, 2021
Lamideyy:

Guy you would be 18 soon
all this chaperone something... I do not think it is necessary (my opinion though). I have seen 17-year olds travel abroad and nothing happened.
I would advice you focus on your application for now and maybe your mum can visit later.
you can focus on getting your visa for now. If need be, you could demonstrate in your SOP a degree of independence, that you are old enough to school in Canada without supervision and that you know what you are doing
except your mum wants to japa sha.

True that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ifychybrian: 7:38pm On May 05, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
We February applicant for september 2021 intake, should we request for our gcms note or it's too early to request for it?
but their web site is saying they are processing people that submitted between Jan 23 to jan30.Exercise patients till it gets to the date u submitted then u can send

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 7:56pm On May 05, 2021
Please I need help oh.. I have been struggling to merge and compress my documents but proof of funds but it’s still more than 15mb what do I do please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaa123: 7:58pm On May 05, 2021
MadeMan01:
Hello house,
Has anyone who applied for GCMS notes in mid January 2021 received them?
Yes! Received mine in February
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 8:09pm On May 05, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
We February applicant for september 2021 intake, should we request for our gcms note or it's too early to request for it?

You can
Maybe you might get an opportunity to tackle some of the VO's concerns(in case of any) before a decision is made on your application
Either way, ordering your gcms wouldn't hurt

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:12pm On May 05, 2021
Ymc007:
Hello people, i seriously need help and advice from our gurus here.
i graduated with a third class in Elect, i have BCS certificate in IT, 5+ years work experience in IT. Can i apply for masters in IT course directly or do a graduate certificate in IT then proceed to masters? i have been looking for diploma courses in IT but only found certificates. Please help. I'm looking forward to starting in January. i'll appreciate anyone that can recommend schools as well

Please look for Advanced diploma courses as you may not meet the requirements for a PGD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:14pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:
Please I need help oh.. I have been struggling to merge and compress my documents but proof of funds but it’s still more than 15mb what do I do please

For this you need to pay for premium category of the site you are using. What site are u currently using?

I have someone in canada that can do it for you but wouldnt do it for free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:17pm On May 05, 2021
Evergeen22:
Hello everyone. So I had to meet my agent to come and explain what I’m seeing here and it turned out that the agent said he gave someone money who gave another person in Canada the money to pay for my application. Now the person
In Canada called the bank after the payment to cancel all transactions on his card
. And the money was collected back from
IRCC, in the procedural letter they sent me they asked why I charged back the money and I told them it bounced back. And I told
The agent to make the payment again.

I’m confused at people’s negligence and unseriousness.

Please what can I do at this point ? Help!!!

The bolded is a fraudulent act boss.. I am surprised you have not had that scammer arrested till date. Please ensure you make the payment and attach evidence of payment made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jesusrules24: 8:20pm On May 05, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Pls who has traveled to Canada with a covid test from Port Harcourt? Someone should please confirm that the Covid result from Rivers state Government also serves.

I travelled with covid test from the teaching hospital in PH.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:23pm On May 05, 2021
ayoebay:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a recent graduate of chemistry in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomosho, graduating with 3.89/5.0 and a ielts band score of 7.5 (my first trial).
I need help on how the whole application works and also needs a mentor to put me through all inorder to make my dream of a better life come through.
I will be rounding up my undergraduate program by June as I hope to get my final results in few weeks time.
I am hopeful.
Thanks for your replies in anticipation

You will need to start reading the thread from as nobody would have the time to spoon feed or start mentoring you. Otherwise, with the right amount, I am willing to offer you my time.

But you havent graduated as stated on the bolded, no nysc yet and you do not have any work experience yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:24pm On May 05, 2021
Anon123:

For this you need to pay for premium category of the site you are using. What site are u currently using?

Okay how much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:25pm On May 05, 2021
Anon123:

I love pdf .. I even paid 1700 oh for a month and I still can’t get it done.. I’m exhausted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:28pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:

Okay how much

Check you mail please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:31pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:

I love pdf .. I even paid 1700 oh for a month and I still can’t get it done.. I’m exhausted

Sent you a mail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:37pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:

Try any of these two file compressing methods

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/239#98929324

Credits: JustMellow

Tricks for Compressing your Documents (PrimoPDF) to a more smaller size than using ilovepdf
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/49#89624823

Credits: Nnonso16

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:37pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:

If the size is going to reduce by excluding the regular statement of account, remove it and just include MBS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Room112(m): 8:40pm On May 05, 2021
Meet the customer service officer of any firstbank branch to write a mail to lagos ebusiness. They will direct her/him
to some pilot branches that do nse . Another alternative is to go to Google and get to nse website call the customer service to give you the contact person in firstbank that does nse. It cost 1k and additional vat . It takes 24 hrs to get it in your email.

uote author=childgodly post=101399693]Hello,
I sent an email to first contact concerning mybankstatement
They are telling me that they are doing migration and I should make use of the paper statement however I intend to use NSE
My dad is visiting their head office today. Will that help?
Is there any advice anyone can give me because I'm really struggling to meet up with this May 15 deadline?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 05, 2021
onomss:

Try using Xodo app.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:42pm On May 05, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Try any of these two file compressing methods

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/239#98929324

Credits: JustMellow

Tricks for Compressing your Documents (PrimoPDF) to a more smaller size than using

ilovepdf

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/49#89624823

Credits: Nnonso16

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:43pm On May 05, 2021
shupy:
If the size is going to reduce by excluding the regular statement of account, remove it and just include MBS.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2021
Anon123:

The bolded is a fraudulent act boss.. I am surprised you have not had that scammer arrested till date. Please ensure you make the payment and attach evidence of payment made.

Something fishy is going down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 05, 2021
[img][/img]
Room112:
Meet the customer service officer of any firstbank branch to write a mail to lagos ebusiness. They will direct her/him
to some pilot branches that do nse . Another alternative is to go to Google and get to nse website call the customer service to give you the contact person in firstbank that does nse. It cost 1k and additional vat . It takes 24 hrs to get it in your email.

uote author=childgodly post=101399693]Hello,
I sent an email to first contact concerning mybankstatement
They are telling me that they are doing migration and I should make use of the paper statement however I intend to use NSE
My dad is visiting their head office today. Will that help?
Is there any advice anyone can give me because I'm really struggling to meet up with this May 15 deadline?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 9:04pm On May 05, 2021
Tannk you..
ifychybrian:

but their web site is saying they are processing people that submitted between Jan 23 to jan30.Exercise patients till it gets to the date u submitted then u can send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sannikay: 9:11pm On May 05, 2021
Onaya:
Good morning everyone.

I'm in a very serious dilemma here. I am right in my bank (Sterling Bank) with a customer service rep to get mybankstatement for my study permit application. First, they told me that they don't issue bank statements using MBS. After a heated argument with them and several calls to their other branches, they accepted to do it.

They told me that they can only send a copy MBS to the receiving embassy, without me, the account holder having any access to it. Please, I want to know if anyone banking with Sterling Bank has experienced that kind of thing while requesting his MBS from the bank. And if that's what obtains with the bank, how then will I upload my POF on my GCkey account in the space provided for Proof of means of financial support?

Your urgent response would be highly appreciated.

Hey Onaya,

I used sterling bank for myBankStatement and a copy was sent to my mail. You have every right to request for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 9:17pm On May 05, 2021
Anon !! Be calming down with your response. Wetin concern IRCC with NYSC. In addition, this person is a prospective graduate soonest. So how do you expect him/her to have work experience. He/she may decide to apply for study permit immediately after graduation so far the undergraduate documents (bsc cert/transcript, etc) are available.
Anon123:

You will need to start reading the thread from as nobody would have the time to spoon feed or start mentoring you. Otherwise, with the right amount, I am willing to offer you my time.

But you havent graduated as stated on the bolded, no nysc yet and you do not have any work experience yet

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Msteemuchmo: 9:24pm On May 05, 2021
@Chukwuemekatehi

you can pay via the school payment information! check the email they sent to you there is a place where it says payment options or if you have someone in Winnipeg they can help you make the payment with their card and they will give you a naira account where you will pay the fund and they will get dollars back.

I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.