Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858579 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 10:05am On Jan 05, 2021
My school, Uwindsor, is resuming tomorrow. Eligibility review has not even started yet. I responded to NSE request since 20th December. I'm very confused. I'm thinking of joining online class and I'm hoping I'll get the PPR b4 January ends. I'm very very scared. Is it possible for me to travel halfway into the term? Any clarification?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 10:07am On Jan 05, 2021
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Try the remaining 2, you will get acknowledgement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toceenay(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2021
deepwater:

below is the genesis of the question that was asked by the OP

Obviously u read the OP but never understood it. instead u applied assumed reasoning.
quote me back when u see CANADA in the OP and more importantly the OP said FORUM ( I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card )... u may have to note that this forum means NAIRALAND or should we explain the difference between a forum and a thread?

A simple question was asked - What does YELLOW CARD means?
Till this moment no one has given a correct answer to the question

you claim chocs issues help bla bla bla, listen that does not make chocs an authority to assign nomenclature to events on this occasion.

the reason i took my time to keep responding is for those who would stumble on this information years from now. they need to know what truly a yellow card means - because that was actually the question.

every other thing u wrote are just in your head.

Who is this guy?
We don't care if you're Buhari's son or Dangote in-law...
You're confusing everyone and you're still arrogant about it...
WHOEVER IS MODERATING THIS PLACE SHOULD PLEASE GET THIS CLOWN OUT OF HERE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeenzo(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2021
Please just a piece of friendly advice to all PPR expectant with January resumption date; please don't be discouraged, IRCC can still answer you within January, that being said please make sure you know about your school term deferment and fees refund regulations, the last thing that you want is to start your classes online and be denied, making a refund for your fees might be possible but a certain percentage will surely go, but deferment won't be possible again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by brovaSketch: 10:27am On Jan 05, 2021
Good point
Guys should keep faith alive but learn about the worst that could happen.

It will end in praise.
adeenzo:
Please just a piece of friendly advice to all PPR expectant with January resumption date; please don't be discouraged, IRCC can still answer you within January, that being said please make sure you know about your school term deferment and fees refund regulations, the last thing that you want is to start your classes online and be denied, making a refund for your fees might be possible but a certain percentage will surely go, but deferment won't be possible again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2021
adeenzo:
I already deferred to September 2021 with assurance from the school that if I get reply before then I can join anytime...if January started already I can join May...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by taminat: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2021
brovaSketch:
Good point
Guys should keep faith alive but learn about the worst that could happen.

It will end in praise.

@adenzo et al
Thanks, i know we will testify like those before us did.

I will seek more clarification at school. Our next intake will be in fall.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2021
Get ready

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good evening house,

I am trying to fill the arrival form for Memorial University as I intend to travel around 29-31st of January. I noticed it is essential to have an accommodation to move into after the isolation period.

Kindly help if you're at the St. John campus and you have a shared apartment available, or you are going there and hoping to share. I'm on a tight budget of 300cad-450cad.

Regards

Good day.

I still need help with this please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2021
Quick one guys, please who can recommend a 2years PGC program that is related to biochemistry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buzzme: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2021
Compliments of the season.. Have any Oct applicant and/or January start heard anything from IRCC?? Seem I just got the ghost update earlier today and I have been refreshing ever since till now. Hope we start hearing good news soonest.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2021
TeeMade:
We dey here oh! My school resumed today and Orientation starts next week Monday. Had confidence for swift response as per NSE but we're expectant this week oh, the rain of PPR will fall on us by God's grace.

It will end in praise for us all...

What deadline did they give you and when did you submit your IELTS results?? I'm still waiting ohh sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2021
deepwater:

A medical doctor who doesn't know what a yellow card looks like and the content therein

I shouldn't expect more from a Nigerian medical doctor sha.

Hello Deepwater,

I think you're overreacting on the subject matter. Chocs isn't entirely wrong from a layman's perspective with the term "Yellow Card/Paper/Document."

Its better when people find out about one's achievements on their own will, rather than trying to rub it on people's face. Many people may not be as fortunate as you, but that doesn't explain why you should be so condescending.

Do not always pick quarrel in every forum you go.
Kindly, do not see this as an attack.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
TeeMade:
Hmmmm guys I'm just seeing this reference letter thingy in addition to MBS oh. I thought the reason for MBS was to show credibility for account statement since its sent directly to IRCC and cannot be faulted or forged. Hence, I didn't know about getting reference letter to support it oh.

The only reference letter I got was from FBN and that's because they're not able to provide MBS. This was to show credibility for the account statement of which I got them to stamp and sign on every page.

Make una clarify biko as na PPR I dey wait for oh, 20 calendar days for NSE don pass.

It will end in praise for us all...

Hello TeeMade,

You have nothing to worry about if you're submitting MBS.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
adeniyi3971:
thanks another thing is that I’m applying for PGC at conestoga. I’m many to go for my service this feb but I want to waive it! I hope it won’t affect my visa negatively? Thanks
Hi,

This is my own suggestion....

Though NYSC is not a requirement for study Visa application, but I think you should do your NYSC first, then before you pass out, you can be processing your PG. Cert Admission, get it and apply for Visa. That one year period you can be using it to gather documents for your Admission & Visa.

Your NYSC PPA Acceptance Letter & your Discharge Certificate would show that you have a One year Work Experience. A Letter of Recommendation from that your PPA would be essential when you want to apply for Permanent Residence (PR).

From one of your post, you said you have the opportunity & connect to work in a food processing company for your NYSC and luckily for you, that is closely related to your degree. Not everyone has this opportunity, most corpers are being posted to schools to teach, so make use of this opportunity.

That one year Work experience can be helpful if you want to apply for Permanent Residence (Express Entry, PNP etc.) after your studies.

You still have age by your side, so play your cards well, so it can favor you both in your Study Visa Application & PR application in the nearest future.

For your Study Visa Application, having a work experience also has it's own benefit, most esp. If it relates to the program you want to go and study in Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Englois,

You can use it. However, ensure every details like the TRF number, Date, Details of the Testing Body and whatnots on your profile to be clearly visible.

The test result is always subject to verification whether or not is the hard or soft copy.

Best of Luck

You can’t please. Even the person who attended to me who works at IELTS here in abuja said its the certificate they’re after
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
yusufoshodi1:
Good evening guys, Please are there people that are supposed to resume this Jan that are still waitng a response from IRCC?

Yes oo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good evening house,

I am trying to fill the arrival form for Memorial University as I intend to travel around 29-31st of January. I noticed it is essential to have an accommodation to move into after the isolation period.

Kindly help if you're at the St. John campus and you have a shared apartment available, or you are going there and hoping to share. I'm on a tight budget of 300cad-400cad.

Regards

I just sent my passport yesterday, but I saw on mun website that new international students must self isolate on campus residence, have you tried reaching out to the internalization office?

Also, how long did it take for you to receive your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Lonjonjoe
I've sent it like that. I called IELTS British council customer care line and was told the result will be delivered between now and next week. I had to use it like that. Having gone through numerous posts, I concluded that unconventional methods sometimes work and I believe it will work for me. I appreciate your post tho.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hello Everyone..

Between on-campus and off-campus housing, I'd like to know which one is better for UG students, supposing one finds a cheaper off-k housing.
I'm asking from a general perspective, not just housing.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodbetterbest: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
BaesDiary:

Thanks so much. My Hubby's CRS score came out as 432 with band 7 and 456 with band 9 when we checked. Do you think we still have a good chance with EE?

Have you calculated with your own profile? If you have more than 3 years work experience you'd score the full transferability points (100)

Anyways please try and first exhaust your EE and PNP options first (if your hubby's work experience and education are the same and his NOC is in demand in Saskatchewan go for it. Also check other provinces)

I did the same and my score is stuck at 445 so I'm opting for study route (genuinely too as I'm changing career) my plan is land while studying I'll see how I can incorporate learning French so that my WES won't expire I don't have stress to go through that trauma with my school again (it took 7 months)

So please first exhaust your EE/PNP PR options while arranging docs for study.

Good luck
It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frustrated007: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Patiently following smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
Admin9:
good morming,

i have a quick question.

If you have paid tuition of say 21,000 and have 29,000 available in your account, when filling your forms, would available fund be 21,000 + 29,000 or just the "29,000"?

thanks.

Hello Admin9,

Foe clarity, before I give my suggestion, is the $21k your full tuition?

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DCNM(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
God will do it for you, I like the spirit. You can raise a webform and submit the TRF when it finally arrives, there's no single path to this thing, we all need the grace of God on this journey.

It will surely end in praise.

englois:
Lonjonjoe
I've sent it like that. I called IELTS British council customer care line and was told the result will be delivered between now and next week. I had to use it like that. Having gone through numerous posts, I concluded that unconventional methods sometimes work and I believe it will work for me. I appreciate your post tho.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hello guys,

I have a question on Mybank Statement Certificate for the NSE Route

For an Applicant who wants to use two Sponsors, is it that they would both submit their MybankStatement Ticket each for the Applicant to Upload

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:

Hi,

This is my own suggestion....

Though NYSC is not a requirement for study Visa application, but I think you should do your NYSC first, then before you pass out, you can be processing your PG. Cert Admission, get it and apply for Visa. That one year period you can be using it to gather documents for your Admission & Visa.

Your NYSC PPA Acceptance Letter & your Discharge Certificate would show that you have a One year Work Experience. A Letter of Recommendation from that your PPA would be essential when you want to apply for Permanent Residence (PR).

From one of your post, you said you have the opportunity & connect to work in a food processing company for your NYSC and luckily for you, that is closely related to your degree. Not everyone has this opportunity, most corpers are being posted to schools to teach, so make use of this opportunity.

That one year Work experience can be helpful if you want to apply for Permanent Residence (Express Entry, PNP etc.) after your studies.

You still have age by your side, so play your cards well, so it can favor you both in your Study Visa Application & PR application in the nearest future.

For your Study Visa Application, having a work experience also has it's own benefit, most esp. If it relates to the program you want to go and study in Canada

Thanks for your input bro! I really appreciate a lot!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
BaesDiary:

Thanks so much. My Hubby's CRS score came out as 432 with band 7 and 456 with band 9 when we checked. Do you think we still have a good chance with EE?

Hello BaesDiary,

You should be simulating or looking at the individual band modules and not the overall score. Try simulating with LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5

If you have a Master or a Professional Certificate, then good. By arriving at 456, hope you didn't calculate points for Foreign Work experience?

However, with 456, you stand a chance as the current CRS score of December 23rd, 2020 is 468. There might be a draw tomorrow, hopefully.

Depending on who will be the PA, points can be gotten from either of you through by evaluating your academic credential with ECA and taking IELTS test. Taking TEF/TCF test is another option to increase the score.

For more information, either visit IRCC website or the EE thread.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
Longjonjoe:

You can’t please. Even the person who attended to me who works at IELTS here in abuja said its the certificate they’re after

Hello Longjonjoe,

Nobody is a bastion of knowledge. However, from what I correctly know through my experience with the EE/PR route, countless number of people are in Canada already without even getting to touch nor see the actual certificate with their naked eyes.

Whether hardcopy or softcopy, IRCC will still verify to confirm the authenticity for themselves.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
I thought u dnt need Wes if ur highest degree as at the time of PR application is a Canadian degree?

Goodbetterbest:

Have you calculated with your own profile? If you have more than 3 years work experience you'd score the full transferability points (100)

Anyways please try and first exhaust your EE and PNP options first (if your hubby's work experience and education are the same and his NOC is in demand in Saskatchewan go for it. Also check other provinces)

I did the same and my score is stuck at 445 so I'm opting for study route (genuinely too as I'm changing career) my plan is land while studying I'll see how I can incorporate learning French so that my WES won't expire I don't have stress to go through that trauma with my school again (it took 7 months)

So please first exhaust your EE/PNP PR options while arranging docs for study.

Good luck
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader of this thread for months now; reading and learning from everyone here. It would be amiss if I don’t share my timeline with the house now that the journey has come to fruition:

First Application Timeline
Application: Sept 1, 2020
Refusal: Sept 15, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 16, 2020
Refusal Reason: Purpose of Visit and Personal Finances/Assets

After the refusal, I decided against ordering my GCMS notes because I felt that I could recognize where I made mistakes and where I could improve upon them. I read GCMS notes of profiles similar to mine and learned from there and proceeded to craft my next application within 15 days. I also chose to continue with my online studies as I had already started on Sept 8th, 2020.

Second Application Timeline
Application Date: Oct 1, 2020
NSE Request: Nov 18, 2020
NSE Requirements Submission: Dec 15, 2020
Medical Request (MER): Dec 15, 2020
Medicals: Dec 29, 2020, at IOM Ikeja
MER Passed: Jan 3, 2021
BVL and PPR: Jan 5, 2021 (Final Decision updated to Approved also)

For the NSE, I felt I would not adequately prepare for the IELTS to the best of my ability and chose to only submit the myBankcertificate instead. I planned to write the IELTS Exams in January 2021 and send the results via webform. I only submitted the myBank certificates just as @Popoolam did.

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms
2. Conditional LOA and subsequent confirmation mails by the school that I had met the requirements.
3. Letter of Explanation for my application detailing all I had done to address the refusal reasons from the previous application.
4. SOP of 7 Pages with different subheadings. My SOP had a well-detailed study plan showing how my BSc in Geology and work experience had prepared me for the course and Its potential benefits to me personally and Nigeria. I devoted other sections to why I chose the school, the city, and the province, and finally Canada. A section was devoted to Home ties which were majorly social and family ties and a section was devoted to explaining my study gap (I graduated in 2017).
5. All Academic Credentials (BSc Certificate and Transcript, WAEC Result, and a certification from the Technical University of Denmark relating to my proposed MSc course).
6. NYSC Discharge Certificate
7. Internship Contract and Full-Time Employment Contract for my current place of employment
8. Confirmation of Employment Letter from the office.
9. Birth Certificates of my mother and brother
10. Police Character Certificate
11. Resume/CV with a section devoted to my academic publications.
12. Letter of Support from my Research Supervisor to the Graduate Admissions Committee of the University recommending my admission (this also included a paragraph stating how my current job has prepared me for the course).
13. Family tree showing the relationship between my sponsor and I (he is the younger brother of my mother) along with family photos with both of us.
14. Evidence of financial support from my sponsor over the last 7 years (all bank credit alerts via email).
15. Pension Statement, Enrollment Letter and a funding letter I received mid-semester were submitted via web forms after I had submitted my application.

Financials
1. Letter of Financial Support from my Sponsor (my uncle) with 3 pages detailing why he was supporting my education.
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Data page of his passport
4. Tuition Payment Receipt from the school and Western Union ($3556 CAD)
5. Two Personal SOA with 4M and 6M as their balance, and one SOA of a company account (along with a bank reference/sole signatory letter) with a balance of 25M (all from my sponsor, I did not submit my own SOA or any payslip).
6. Company Documents (CAC Certificates and TCC).

NSE Documents:
1. Two myBank certificates of two company accounts
2. Bank Reference Letters for the two accounts.
3. Company Documents
4. Contract Award Letters from 2019 and 2020

Personal Profile: Male, 24 years this year, a graduate of Geology (4.0/5.00 GPA from the University of Benin).

I encourage everyone to do as much research as they can and read the previous threads as every information I used for my second application was found here. Please also pray and have faith. I sent only one of the NSE requirements while I saw others dash to write the IELTS exams with the faith that it would work out for my good. I thank all the gurus in the house for their wise words – I learned from every post on this thread and previous ones.

Praise be to God Almighty.
As the common saying here goes, delay is not denial. I wish you all the best.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yusufoshodi1: 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Congratulations.

TheShaman:
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader of this thread for months now; reading and learning from everyone here. It would be amiss if I don’t share my timeline with the house now that the journey has come to fruition:

First Application Timeline
Application: Sept 1, 2020
Refusal: Sept 15, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 16, 2020
Refusal Reason: Purpose of Visit and Personal Finances/Assets

After the refusal, I decided against ordering my GCMS notes because I felt that I could recognize where I made mistakes and where I could improve upon them. I read GCMS notes of profiles similar to mine and learned from there and proceeded to craft my next application within 15 days. I also chose to continue with my online studies as I had already started on Sept 8th, 2020.

Second Application Timeline
Application Date: Oct 1, 2020
NSE Request: Nov 18, 2020
NSE Requirements Submission: Dec 15, 2020
Medical Request (MER): Dec 15, 2020
Medicals: Dec 29, 2020, at IOM Ikeja
MER Passed: Jan 3, 2021
BVL and PPR: Jan 5, 2021 (Final Decision updated to Approved also)

For the NSE, I felt I would not adequately prepare for the IELTS to the best of my ability and chose to only submit the myBankcertificate instead. I planned to write the IELTS Exams in January 2021 and send the results via webform. I only submitted the myBank certificates just as @Popoolam did.

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms
2. Conditional LOA and subsequent confirmation mails by the school that I had met the requirements.
3. Letter of Explanation for my application detailing all I had done to address the refusal reasons from the previous application.
4. SOP of 7 Pages with different subheadings. My SOP had a well-detailed study plan showing how my BSc in Geology and work experience had prepared me for the course and Its potential benefits to me personally and Nigeria. I devoted other sections to why I chose the school, the city, and the province, and finally Canada. A section was devoted to Home ties which were majorly social and family ties and a section was devoted to explaining my study gap (I graduated in 2017).
5. All Academic Credentials (BSc Certificate and Transcript, WAEC Result, and a certification from the Technical University of Denmark relating to my proposed MSc course).
6. NYSC Discharge Certificate
7. Internship Contract and Full-Time Employment Contract for my current place of employment
8. Confirmation of Employment Letter from the office.
9. Birth Certificates of my mother and brother
10. Police Character Certificate
11. Resume/CV with a section devoted to my academic publications.
12. Letter of Support from my Research Supervisor to the Graduate Admissions Committee of the University recommending my admission (this also included a paragraph stating how my current job has prepared me for the course).
13. Family tree showing the relationship between my sponsor and I (he is the younger brother of my mother) along with family photos with both of us.
14. Evidence of financial support from my sponsor over the last 7 years (all bank credit alerts via email).
15. Pension Statement, Enrollment Letter and a funding letter I received mid-semester were submitted via web forms after I had submitted my application.

Financials
1. Letter of Financial Support from my Sponsor (my uncle) with 3 pages detailing why he was supporting my education.
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Data page of his passport
4. Tuition Payment Receipt from the school and Western Union ($3556 CAD)
5. Two Personal SOA with 4M and 6M as their balance, and one SOA of a company account (along with a bank reference/sole signatory letter) with a balance of 25M (all from my sponsor, I did not submit my own SOA or any payslip).
6. Company Documents (CAC Certificates and TCC).

NSE Documents:
1. Two myBank certificates of two company accounts
2. Bank Reference Letters for the two accounts.
3. Company Documents
4. Contract Award Letters from 2019 and 2020

Personal Profile: Male, 24 years this year, a graduate of Geology (4.0/5.00 GPA from the University of Benin).

I encourage everyone to do as much research as they can and read the previous threads as every information I used for my second application was found here. Please also pray and have faith. I sent only one of the NSE requirements while I saw others dash to write the IELTS exams with the faith that it would work out for my good. I thank all the gurus in the house for their wise words – I learned from every post on this thread and previous ones.

As the common saying here goes, delay is not denial. I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75