Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (873438 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheShaman:
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader of this thread for months now; reading and learning from everyone here. It would be amiss if I don’t share my timeline with the house now that the journey has come to fruition:

First Application Timeline
Application: Sept 1, 2020
Refusal: Sept 15, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 16, 2020
Refusal Reason: Purpose of Visit and Personal Finances/Assets

After the refusal, I decided against ordering my GCMS notes because I felt that I could recognize where I made mistakes and where I could improve upon them. I read GCMS notes of profiles similar to mine and learned from there and proceeded to craft my next application within 15 days. I also chose to continue with my online studies as I had already started on Sept 8th, 2020.

Second Application Timeline
Application Date: Oct 1, 2020
NSE Request: Nov 18, 2020
NSE Requirements Submission: Dec 15, 2020
Medical Request (MER): Dec 15, 2020
Medicals: Dec 29, 2020, at IOM Ikeja
MER Passed: Jan 3, 2021
BVL and PPR: Jan 5, 2021 (Final Decision updated to Approved also)

For the NSE, I felt I would not adequately prepare for the IELTS to the best of my ability and chose to only submit the myBankcertificate instead. I planned to write the IELTS Exams in January 2021 and send the results via webform. I only submitted the myBank certificates just as @Popoolam did.

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms
2. Conditional LOA and subsequent confirmation mails by the school that I had met the requirements.
3. Letter of Explanation for my application detailing all I had done to address the refusal reasons from the previous application.
4. SOP of 7 Pages with different subheadings. My SOP had a well-detailed study plan showing how my BSc in Geology and work experience had prepared me for the course and Its potential benefits to me personally and Nigeria. I devoted other sections to why I chose the school, the city, and the province, and finally Canada. A section was devoted to Home ties which were majorly social and family ties and a section was devoted to explaining my study gap (I graduated in 2017).
5. All Academic Credentials (BSc Certificate and Transcript, WAEC Result, and a certification from the Technical University of Denmark relating to my proposed MSc course).
6. NYSC Discharge Certificate
7. Internship Contract and Full-Time Employment Contract for my current place of employment
8. Confirmation of Employment Letter from the office.
9. Birth Certificates of my mother and brother
10. Police Character Certificate
11. Resume/CV with a section devoted to my academic publications.
12. Letter of Support from my Research Supervisor to the Graduate Admissions Committee of the University recommending my admission (this also included a paragraph stating how my current job has prepared me for the course).
13. Family tree showing the relationship between my sponsor and I (he is the younger brother of my mother) along with family photos with both of us.
14. Evidence of financial support from my sponsor over the last 7 years (all bank credit alerts via email).
15. Pension Statement, Enrollment Letter and a funding letter I received mid-semester were submitted via web forms after I had submitted my application.

Financials
1. Letter of Financial Support from my Sponsor (my uncle) with 3 pages detailing why he was supporting my education.
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Data page of his passport
4. Tuition Payment Receipt from the school and Western Union ($3556 CAD)
5. Two Personal SOA with 4M and 6M as their balance, and one SOA of a company account (along with a bank reference/sole signatory letter) with a balance of 25M (all from my sponsor, I did not submit my own SOA or any payslip).
6. Company Documents (CAC Certificates and TCC).

NSE Documents:
1. Two myBank certificates of two company accounts
2. Bank Reference Letters for the two accounts.
3. Company Documents
4. Contract Award Letters from 2019 and 2020

Personal Profile: Male, 24 years this year, a graduate of Geology (4.0/5.00 GPA from the University of Benin).

I encourage everyone to do as much research as they can and read the previous threads as every information I used for my second application was found here. Please also pray and have faith. I sent only one of the NSE requirements while I saw others dash to write the IELTS exams with the faith that it would work out for my good. I thank all the gurus in the house for their wise words – I learned from every post on this thread and previous ones.

As the common saying here goes, delay is not denial. I wish you all the best.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES grin

I'm testifying soon cool

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2021
Summe:

I just sent my passport yesterday, but I saw on mun website that new international students must self isolate on campus residence, have you tried reaching out to the internalization office?

Also, how long did it take for you to receive your passport?

Hi Summe,
I answered the first question on the Living in Canada thread. Regarding the second question, it took less than 10days despite the Christmas and boxing holidays. IRCC workload concerning passport processing seems to be at the low and I observed processing at their office takes 3 working days or less currently. If your courier guys and vfs do well, you may even get it in 7days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
Whao! Happy for you.

The timeline btw MER and PPR is mind blowing.

Congrats!

TheShaman:
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader of this thread for months now; reading and learning from everyone here. It would be amiss if I don’t share my timeline with the house now that the journey has come to fruition:

After the refusal, I decided against ordering my GCMS notes because I felt that I could recognize where I made mistakes and where I could improve upon them. I read GCMS notes of profiles similar to mine and learned from there and proceeded to craft my next application within 15 days. I also chose to continue with my online studies as I had already started on Sept 8th, 2020.

For the NSE, I felt I would not adequately prepare for the IELTS to the best of my ability and chose to only submit the myBankcertificate instead. I planned to write the IELTS Exams in January 2021 and send the results via webform. I only submitted the myBank certificates just as @Popoolam did.

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms
2. Conditional LOA and subsequent confirmation mails by the school that I had met the requirements.
3. Letter of Explanation for my application detailing all I had done to address the refusal reasons from the previous application.
4. SOP of 7 Pages with different subheadings. My SOP had a well-detailed study plan showing how my BSc in Geology and work experience had prepared me for the course and Its potential benefits to me personally and Nigeria. I devoted other sections to why I chose the school, the city, and the province, and finally Canada. A section was devoted to Home ties which were majorly social and family ties and a section was devoted to explaining my study gap (I graduated in 2017).
5. All Academic Credentials (BSc Certificate and Transcript, WAEC Result, and a certification from the Technical University of Denmark relating to my proposed MSc course).
7. Internship Contract and Full-Time Employment Contract for my current place of employment
12. Letter of Support from my Research Supervisor to the Graduate Admissions Committee of the University recommending my admission (this also included a paragraph stating how my current job has prepared me for the course).
13. Family tree showing the relationship between my sponsor and I (he is the younger brother of my mother) along with family photos with both of us.
14. Evidence of financial support from my sponsor over the last 7 years (all bank credit alerts via email).
15. Pension Statement, Enrollment Letter and a funding letter I received mid-semester were submitted via web forms after I had submitted my application.

Financials
1. Letter of Financial Support from my Sponsor (my uncle) with 3 pages detailing why he was supporting my education.
5. Two Personal SOA with 4M and 6M as their balance, and one SOA of a company account (along with a bank reference/sole signatory letter) with a balance of 25M (all from my sponsor, I did not submit my own SOA or any payslip).

NSE Documents:
3. Company Documents

Personal Profile: Male, 24 years this year, a graduate of Geology (4.0/5.00 GPA from the University of Benin).

I encourage everyone to do as much research as they can and read the previous threads as every information I used for my second application was found here. Please also pray and have faith. I sent only one of the NSE requirements while I saw others dash to write the IELTS exams with the faith that it would work out for my good. I thank all the gurus in the house for their wise words – I learned from every post on this thread and previous ones.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
englois:
My school, Uwindsor, is resuming tomorrow. Eligibility review has not even started yet. I responded to NSE request since 20th December. I'm very confused. I'm thinking of joining online class and I'm hoping I'll get the PPR b4 January ends. I'm very very scared. Is it possible for me to travel halfway into the term? Any clarification?

i will advice you defer the admission cos starting the online classes means u have registered for classes meaning you are not eligible to receive a refund if (God forbid) you dont get the visa

i advise you defer your admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hajimuktar: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NairaLuck: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2021
Congratulations ❣️ Hon. Adeenzo

Where is Lekiboboe and Frankrobbn1 ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DjGimzy: 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hello,
Happy new year to every one on this platform. I have been reading through the posts in this thread from the previous part 17 and now 18. This group is really a blessing and i tap from it.
I am interested in the study route to Canada and migration is my main intention. I studied science and technical education(mechanical/metal works options) and graduated with a 2.2 in 2017
Please which University or College in Canada can i apply to with a low tuition between $8,000CAN to $15,000 CAD a year. Help a brother in need, All response are welcomed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheShaman:
Hello All,

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms

Financials

NSE Documents:
3. Company Documents

Congratulations..
Good news for October babies. Dem don resume. So we should be expectant

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Guyyysssss!!!
First of all. I need to say: WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!

'Cos omo, the story long, from getting admission in October to today, omo.. been a lot of miracles.
I'd definitely give a break down once I sort things out.

Meanwhile, please anyone with the link on the best way to send passport to ABJ.
Thanks a lot in advance.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
grin
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

'Cos omo, the story long, from getting admission on 14th October to today, omo.. been a lot of miracles.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Congratulations... PPR Rain this January don start grin when do your classes resume

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

'Cos omo, the story long, from getting admission on 14th October to today, omo.. been a lot of miracles.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Congratulations to you

To your question, do refer to the post in the link below

How to Send your Passport and Other Documents to Abuja VFS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yusufoshodi1: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
Congratulations. Please share your timeline

davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Nice one . Big congratulations. All the best in Canada

TheShaman:
Hello All,

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms

Financials

NSE Documents:
3. Company Documents

I love your resilience. The Almighty will reward all your efforts in Canada

Now make then start the PPR rolling in oo. I don refresh tire

All the best to all PPR hopefuls

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by foje: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
Pls how do you raise a Web form? Where is it on the platform? Thanks in advance

adekolagreat:
Someone pointed out that we were supposed to get a mail confirming that IRCC got the uploaded document for NSE. I have uploaded my bank statement and IELTS since Dec 3rd and I didn't get any email nor was the document being reviewed. So I raised a webform day before yesterday and I wasn't satisfied so I sent a mail using another of my email that was not used for applying for my permit. I got an automatic reply (something I don't get if I used my registered email).

Today I got a donotreply mail that they received my documents and my profile updated. If you are in similar situation you might want to try.

Hopefully the PPR drop soonest. It shall end in Praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dampops(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
Is this Hon Lekiboboe?

quote author=lentomac post=97746494]
Congratulations to you

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
DjGimzy:
Hello,
Happy new year to every one on this platform. I have been reading through the posts in this thread from the previous part 17 and now 18. This group is really a blessing and i tap from it.
I am interested in the study route to Canada and migration is my main intention. I studied science and technical education(mechanical/metal works options) and graduated with a 2.2 in 2017
Please which University or College in Canada can i apply to with a low tuition between $8,000CAN to $15,000 CAD a year. Help a brother in need, All response are welcomed.

Welcome to the forum..
There are no cheap schools in that range.. Also your best bet is a PGD in a college and their tuition is the range of $15,000 to $19,000.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
DjGimzy:
Hello,
Hi,

With a 2.2, you can apply to a college for a PG. Cert program in Mechanical Engineering/Welding/Manufacturing

Do refer to the post in the link below for
PG. Cert Programs in Mechanical Engineering/Welding/Manufacturing programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/483#95675552

Look out for the PG.Cert that resonate well with you undergraduate degree, most especially the courses you did in school

- About low tuition fee, you can't get that, i doubt if you can get that $8K CAD tuition you mentioned, international students pay a whole lot than domestic students.

In terms of tuition, put your mind to the range of in between $15k CAD - $20KCAD

If you open the Tuition section of those programs in the link above you would confirm that

Also note that LIVING EXPENSES is there aswell

So financial readiness is very essential for this movement

Bless you!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2021
nycdude:
Hi All,

Question: I live in the USA and I want to sponsor my sister to study in Canada. Can I do that or must the sponsor be someone living in Nigeria?

I appreciate it if anyone will answer my question.

Regards,
Nycdude
You can sponsor her from any part of the world
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

you didnt even get the NSE mail.. Nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
foje:

google Canadian webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thanks a lot boss .
lentomac:

Congratulations to you

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:
Hello guys,

I have a question on Mybank Statement Certificate for the NSE Route

For an Applicant who wants to use two Sponsors, is it that they would both submit their MybankStatement Ticket each for the Applicant to Upload

Thanks
Is there anyone who has an answer to my question

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheShaman:
Hello All,

Application Documents:
1. All IMM Forms

Financials

NSE Documents:
3. Company Documents

Wow wow wow...congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:

Thanks

you can submit one or the both.. again NSE isnt compulsory if you cant get those requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
foje:

Do refer to this post on where to Raise a Webform
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/56#97704599

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
I believe you can do this. I submitted myBank certificates for two company accounts so I believe you can submit for your two sponsors with a letter explaining why.

lentomac:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
Anon123:

you can submit one or the both.. again NSE isnt compulsory if you cant get those requirements.
Oh Kay

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
Please can anyone provide a link to download the VFS Consent Form. Thank You in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wow wow wow..congrats,
Did u get any email before checking your account

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheShaman:
I believe you can do this. I submitted myBank certificates for two company accounts so I believe you can submit for your two sponsors with a letter explaining why.

Thanks so much for the detailed information. Noted

&

Congratulations on your approval

Bless you!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
yusufoshodi1:
Good evening guys, Please are there people that are supposed to resume this Jan that are still waitng a response from IRCC?

Like me o. I tired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheShaman:
Please can anyone provide a link to download the VFS Consent Form. Thank You in advance.
Do refer to this post

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.