Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862822 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Collins4u1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
adeniyi3971:
Quick one guys, please who can recommend a 2years PGC program that is related to biochemistry

Why 2 years? When there could be 1 year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Collins4u1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:

Hi,

This is my own suggestion....

Though NYSC is not a requirement for study Visa application, but I think you should do your NYSC first, then before you pass out, you can be processing your PG. Cert Admission, get it and apply for Visa. That one year period you can be using it to gather documents for your Admission & Visa.

Your NYSC PPA Acceptance Letter & your Discharge Certificate would show that you have a One year Work Experience. A Letter of Recommendation from that your PPA would be essential when you want to apply for Permanent Residence (PR).

From one of your post, you said you have the opportunity & connect to work in a food processing company for your NYSC and luckily for you, that is closely related to your degree. Not everyone has this opportunity, most corpers are being posted to schools to teach, so make use of this opportunity.

That one year Work experience can be helpful if you want to apply for Permanent Residence (Express Entry, PNP etc.) after your studies.

You still have age by your side, so play your cards well, so it can favor you both in your Study Visa Application & PR application in the nearest future.

For your Study Visa Application, having a work experience also has it's own benefit, most esp. If it relates to the program you want to go and study in Canada

I love this, it's like this was meant for me... Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2021
sleekcheek:
I thought u dnt need Wes if ur highest degree as at the time of PR application is a Canadian degree?

True. WES isn't required if the intended degree/certificate for PR application is a Canadian degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
This sounds very much like University of New Brunswick, St. John.

Are you on the whatsapp group, and who else is going our way.

I need succor, daily grin

Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2021
Collins4u1:

Why 2 years? When there could be 1 year?

2years because of GRaduate work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
Whao! i feel your doggedness. Omo you too try.

Appreciate.

alowole:

Canada Study Application is not in anyway in hurry, even if you send mails every minutes....still nothing. You just have to have patience. That is why one need to choose a school that can allow defer of admission as many as possible.....

I am a leaving testimonies, I deferred my admission 4 times, (Sept 2018 till 2021 January).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
This sounds very much like University of New Brunswick, St. John.

Are you on the whatsapp group, and who else is going our way.

I need succor, daily grin

Cheers!

silvamania:

Yeah . A lot of guys especially from India have pushed for a spring resumption but they said only fall 2021 oo

I don’t even know cause have not registered for the courses. I have only paid the 1000CAD deposit and I guess you need to make some payment for first module before 15th

I no just understand this matter at all

But all the best . Our PPR is loading fast
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Please urgent question here.
The biometric slip I have with me is blue on color o.. Is that the one we're meant to submit to Vfs or it must be a Yellow one?

The one given to you the date you Did biometric capture

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Collins4u1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
adeniyi3971:

2years because of GRaduate work permit

Without enrolling in 2 year PGC course, you won't have a work permit when you apply for it after graduation?

Please tell me more about this or anyone who has the full information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
Oh okay, thanks a lot
MadeMan01:

The one given to you the date you Did biometric capture
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
Amen Ohh...the rain will continue on and on
TeeMade:
Wow!!! The rain of PPR has begun, Lord I receive!!! Big congratulations to you, go and prosper. We"re coming right behind you.

It will end in praise for us all...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
Collins4u1:

Without enrolling in 2 year PGC course, you won't have a work permit when you apply for it after graduation?

Please tell me more about this or anyone who has the full information.

If you enrol for a year program, you’ll get 1 year PGWP which I heard it’s not enough for PR

The only option available is to apply for another 1 year program before you finish the first program. So that you can be eligible for at least 2years PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
I didn't get the NSE email, but during that period people were getting, I submitted IELTS AND MBS because I had them available.
Submitted them multiple times through webforms &mails, it was never acknowledged though.
Omanda:
Congratulations dear. Please, did you submit the NSE request..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
Yes oh, got two consecutive DoNotReply mails saying I had a message on my application. They were spaced like 2 minutes apart.
OtunbaTee:

Wow wow wow..congrats,
Did u get any email before checking your account

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:
Hello guys,

I have a question on Mybank Statement Certificate for the NSE Route

For an Applicant who wants to use two Sponsors, is it that they would both submit their MybankStatement Ticket each for the Applicant to Upload

Thanks

Hello Lentomac,

For now, I believe you could go ahead to submit both without consequence. However, maybe in the future when the NSE stream become properly adhered, the rules might not be as flexible as it is now.

Currently, IRCC is processing applications under the NSE with ease and flexibility. The NSE requirements doesn't state that two combination of sponsors are eligible to demonstrate or show the 30k jointly. It states that "either the sponsor or the applicant." In practicality, I may be wrong.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
Yes oh, got two consecutive DoNotReply mails saying I had a message on my application. They were space like 2 minutes apart.
wow..congrats once again mahn

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zeazytee2320: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
yeankux:
how do i opt for the NSE when i have already apply online and done biometric?

I'm also in the same shoes with you. I applied 1st of Jan,2021. I applied online. How can I link my online account to NSE? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2021
Admin9:

yes. 21k is for full tuition

Hello Admin9,

You may use this guide below:

Tuition: $21,000
R & B: $10,000
Other: $3,000

Available Funds: $35,000

Ensure that the BS closing balance outweighs the available balance.

Given that you already paid your full tuition fees, ensure you clearly point this out to the VO. Failure to do this may not be good towards your financial strength.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
Wow congrats bro. PPR don dey drop for October babies.
davo99:
Guyyysssss!!!
First of all. I need to say: WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!

'Cos omo, the story long, from getting admission on October to today, omo.. been a lot of miracles.
I'd definitely give a break down once I sort things out.

Meanwhile, please anyone with the link on the best way to send passport to ABJ.
Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by foje: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thanks a bunch

Anon123:

google Canadian webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
davo99:
I didn't get the NSE email, but during that period people were getting, I submitted IELTS AND MBS because I had them available.
Submitted them multiple times through webforms &mails, it was never acknowledged though.

This is complete proof that NO TWO APPLICATIONS ARE THE SAME!!

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anthonysoni26: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Goodevening all.
I am sonia by name, a graduate of educational psychology/guidance and counseling with CGPA of 3.39. I got an adminsion last year with the help of an agent and i got a refusal from VO stating that she is not convinced with my aim of traveling to Canada via the course i applied for, insufficient statement of account and purpose of study. The agent i worked didn't guide me properly on how to go about my Canadian traveling Journey. My adminsion with Regina university has expired. Please I want reapply for another program and i need a proper guide on how to go about from my adminsion stage to my visa application stage cause i do not want to go through agent anymore. Please can my CGPA get me a master's program? If yes can anyone recommend affordable university? My aim is to use the school process to relocate to Canada though I will further my Education but not immediately. So for this reason i want university that won't required me to make a deposit of my school fees while in my country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
Anthonysoni26:
Goodevening all.
I am sonia by name, a graduate of educational psychology/guidance and counseling with CGPA of 3.39. I got an adminsion last year with the help of an agent and i got a refusal from VO stating that she is not convinced with my aim of traveling to Canada via the course i applied for, insufficient statement of account and purpose of study. The agent i worked didn't guide me properly on how to go about my Canadian traveling Journey. My adminsion with Regina university has expired. Please I want reapply for another program and i need a proper guide on how to go about from my adminsion stage to my visa application stage cause i do not want to go through agent anymore. Please can my CGPA get me a master's program? If yes can anyone recommend affordable university? My aim is to use the school process to relocate to Canada though I will further my Education but not immediately. So for this reason i want university that won't required me to make a deposit of my school fees while in my country.

First of all, most schools if not all self requires that you pay at least your first semester Fees before they enroll you self.
For example, University of Winnipeg doesn't require deposit just your LOI when your visa is approved but you will then need to pay your first semester fees then they register you without registration you might not get an enrollment letter and this letter has to be presented at the POE. So you need to reweigh your options as Financial readiness is key to the study permit journey except there are schools that won't require but I doubt it at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
gbengaadet:

Which vfs did you use?

Abuja. Did my biometrics here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijeanwuli: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
This will not really work out well
Its best you focus on PR if your purpose is to relocate without going to school.
When you go via the student route you have to enroll in your courses and meet the minimum student requirements.
You can read the thread for more information
Wishing you all the best

Anthonysoni26:
Goodevening all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zeazytee2320: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Gooday all. I'm a newbie. I recently submitted application through online on 1st of Jan, 2021 and I did biometric yesterday(4th of Jan,2021) in Abuja. Although, I didn't know about the NSE until today.
My questions are
1. How can I switch to NSE?
2. How do I go about medical upfront in Abuja. I need the procedure please
3. I will like to have contact of anyone we have similar case that we can rob minds together. Email:odekunleazeezat@gmail.com

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijeanwuli: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Yes,it is
You can apply for provincial nomination or even get it from provinces that select from the pool once your skill set is in demand there

BaesDiary:

Your response is very detailed and very appreciated. We checked with band 8 and CRS score came out as 456.... At this point, I dont know if the EE route is still a better option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thank you very much. I understand now - my colleagues' case was indeed Passport Collection as he passed through the Paper Route and they already had his passport.

lentomac:

You are welcome

I think you you are talking about COURIER & SMS REQUEST FORM

Its VFS that would send that form to you when your passport is ready for collection. Once they send you this form, they would require you to pay #11k or so to get your Passport. This is mostly applicable to those who did a 1-way Courier

But I think it's a different scenerio for those who did a 2-way Courier with either DHL or UPS (Not too sure of this, you can confirm from the house)

Since you are submitting your Passport for Stamping , its the VFS Consent form in the link I posted initially you are going to fill and submit together with your Passport and other required documents.

Don't get it twisted
The form you are talking about is not for PASSPORT SUBMISSION. Its for PASSPORT COLLECTION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DjGimzy: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Anon123:

Welcome to the forum..
There are no cheap schools in that range.. Also your best bet is a PGD in a college and their tuition is the range of $15,000 to $19,000.

Thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DjGimzy: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:

Hi,

With a 2.2, you can apply to a college for a PG. Cert program in Mechanical Engineering/Welding/Manufacturing

Do refer to the post in the link below for
PG. Cert Programs in Mechanical Engineering/Welding/Manufacturing programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/483#95675552

Look out for the PG.Cert that resonate well with you undergraduate degree, most especially the courses you did in school

- About low tuition fee, you can't get that, i doubt if you can get that $8K CAD tuition you mentioned, international students pay a whole lot than domestic students.

In terms of tuition, put your mind to the range of in between $15k CAD - $20KCAD

If you open the Tuition section of those programs in the link above you would confirm that

Also note that LIVING EXPENSES is there aswell

So financial readiness is very essential for this movement

Bless you!!!!

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
Zeazytee2320:
Gooday all. I'm a newbie. I recently submitted application through online on 1st of Jan, 2021 and I did biometric yesterday(4th of Jan,2021) in Abuja. Although, I didn't know about the NSE until today.
My questions are
1. How can I switch to NSE?
2. How do I go about medical upfront in Abuja. I need the procedure please
3. I will like to have contact of anyone we have similar case that we can rob minds together. Email:odekunleazeezat@gmail.com

Thank you very much

1) I don't know if you can switch to NSE, IRCC do send this NSE request to applicants they feel are eligible for it (According to them), but there is a recent approval of an applicant in the forum today, he didn't get NSE request, he just took the bold step and sent his IELTS result and MybankStatement, fantabolously he got approval

You can go through his posts
https://www.nairaland.com/davo99/posts

Gurus can also help on this

2) The same procedure done in IOM Lagos is also applicable to IOM Abuja

Do refer to this post for

Full information on how to do Upfront Medicals at IOM (Lagos, Abuja) & Q-life (Lagos)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/630#96679974

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.