Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867798 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2021
adeniyi3971:
Please guys can I use my uncle from mother side as my sponsor, he doesn’t bear the same surname with my mother and he’s a Muslim! Please I need y’all contribution cos that the only thing I think I need clarification on!

You have to prove the relationship, your mother's birth certificate with her maiden name, her marriage certificate with the your current surname and your uncle's birth certificate with his surname (your mother's maiden name) might help you to do that.

If you have a closer sponsor such as direct family member, it would be better.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2021
oyinlove15:
Good morning please is there any evidence of payment one can send to school when a student pays tuition via form A cos my school is still insisting they haven't received my payment.
Hi Oyin,

There are factors that can make them not be able to receive the payment yet.
- So you know that payment via form A can take 1- 3 days or more & in some cases 2-3 weeks.

- The Xmas & New year holiday might have aswell slow down things.

But this is what you can do,

There is a receipt called TELEX RECEIPT, the bank you used to pay the tuition ought to give you that receipt in person or send it to you via e-mail (if you are the one that paid the school fees from your account ) or your Sponsor (if it's he/she that paid using his/her account)

Once you get that telex receipt, scan it and send it to your school international dept. by mail telling them you have paid your Tuition ,and they should find attached the Tuition Payment Receipt from the bank you used in your home country, and you look forward to hear from them soon

A TELEX RECEIPT should have the following Content (Sample)

Message Text
20:  Doc Credit Number 
 Xxxxxxzxxxx 
23b:  Bank Operation Code
 Xxxxzxzzx
32a:  Value Date/Currency/ Interbank Settled Amount
 22-03-1971/ 
 USD/ 
 10982.17/ 
33b:  Currency/Instructed Amount
 USD/ 
50k:  Ordering Customer
 /xxxxxxx
 OLATUNDE AROCHUKWU ISMAIL
 LAGOS NIGERIA
 NIGERIA 
53b:  Sender’s Correspondent
 /xxxxxx
 TDAMAPIANO 
59:  Beneficiary Customer
 /xxxxxxxz
 LUMUBASHI COLLEGE 
 1722 Dangote Street Kentucky 
 KAMAKUNA CANADA P9A 3E4
70:  Remittance Information
 TUITION FEE 
 Xxxxxxx
71f:  Sender’s Charges
 USD 

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2021
awys:
@deepwater you are very very very wrong in every way.You could have read the genesis of the questions that was asked by Lentomac and why he asked it.?.From the landing gist people were posting he saw people mentioned that they filled "yellow card" which also signifies the departure card everybody knows you don't need the supposed "Yellow card" you uploaded for traveling to Canada yet you kept confusing people with your pride because you don't want to accept your mistake @Chocs tried explaining what she was talking about but you Kept talking and adding unnecessary stuffz that we don't even care about keep your profiles to yourself there are people who has achieved far way better than you do but they don't come here to brag about it
@Chocs has been very helpful on this thread helping people with their questions even out of her busy schedules right from day one and I respect her for that and respect her maturity as well.Even from your previous post on other platforms actually shows the kind of person that you are!!!.
So all those your diversifying post on this issue is not needed at all and very shallow.

below is the genesis of the question that was asked by the OP

lentomac:
Hello Guys,
I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card
What does YELLOW CARD means?
Thanks

Obviously u read the OP but never understood it. instead u applied assumed reasoning.
quote me back when u see CANADA in the OP and more importantly the OP said FORUM ( I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card )... u may have to note that this forum means NAIRALAND or should we explain the difference between a forum and a thread?

A simple question was asked - What does YELLOW CARD means?
Till this moment no one has given a correct answer to the question

you claim chocs issues help bla bla bla, listen that does not make chocs an authority to assign nomenclature to events on this occasion.

the reason i took my time to keep responding is for those who would stumble on this information years from now. they need to know what truly a yellow card means - because that was actually the question.

every other thing u wrote are just in your head.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2021
oyinlove15:
Good morning please is there any evidence of payment one can send to school when a student pays tuition via form A cos my school is still insisting they haven't received my payment.

You can ask your local bank about this, they might have an evidence for you. Please, refer to Lentomac's detailed post above.

When was the form A transaction initiated at your bank? Due to the current circumstances, it takes a while to be finalised. Mine took 7 working days before CBN approved, then 5 working days before I received a successful transaction mail from the foreign bank. And this wasn't during the holiday season.

You and your school may just have to be patient.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2021
JosephYemsol:

Hellooo deepgutter!!!

At least apply maturity if not sense. No one said what you uploaded is not yellow. This thread is for Canada study permit inquiries and not asia. The guy emphasized on Canada.

You were corrected - it' won't kill you neither would it remove your tier nonsense if you could just apologise or better still admit you posted a right info on a wrong page.

lol

its like u got some gutter words to use son?
please stop typing because you have fingers...

kindly explain to me how The guy emphasized on Canada. kindly see below the initial OP

lentomac:
Hello Guys,
Thanks

Oh! maybe it was emphasized in your dreams...Joseph the dreamer
Quote me when you understand the difference between a forum and a thread, thereafter i will keep u waist deep in that gutter where u belong

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Favvvypenny: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2021
GoodMorning ,Please I really need someone’s direction
I did my biometric since 23rd November 2020 and it was updated on 27th on November since then I haven’t gotten any other update, pls am i to hold on ?,send messages to them?do medical upfront?etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by godguy: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2021
Chocs:
NSE19

Do you have a job where you can get a study leave letter from? That’s a good home tie too

Any community involvement? Volunteer work? Religious commitments?

Is your dad your sponsor? You can include the docs for his land. Property belonging to your parent counts as well especially if you’re young.

Best wishes

im confused about study leave approval when you have not yet gotten your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2021
deepwater:

below is the genesis of the question that was asked by the OP

Obviously u read the OP but never understood it. instead u applied assumed reasoning.
quote me back when u see CANADA in the OP and more importantly the OP said FORUM ( I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card )... u may have to note that this forum means NAIRALAND or should we explain the difference between a forum and a thread?

A simple question was asked - What does YELLOW CARD means?
Till this moment no one has given a correct answer to the question

you claim chocs issues help bla bla bla, listen that does not make chocs an authority to assign nomenclature to events on this occasion.

the reason i took my time to keep responding is for those who would stumble on this information years from now. they need to know what truly a yellow card means - because that was actually the question.

every other thing u wrote are just in your head.

No one said Chocs has an authority and this forum we are in at the moment is Canada student thread and not the Asian student thread or Asian whatever and whatever information thats being asked here pertains strictly to Canada study permit and travels and he saw people mentioned it in their landing gist to Canada.Obviously, both cards are yellow but for different purposes and the one you supposedly uploaded is not required for Canada travels if you had posted in Asian travels where it's needed then your points would be valid so all those your diversifying post holds no water and it's simply for trolling which no one cares about it at all.
For clarity sake,@Chocs already explained what both cards means and what it's used for now from the landing gist people just wrote yellow card there because they know a yellow card will be given to you to fill they never mentioned that it's an health card or whatever and that's where you are getting it wrong and this yellow health card is not needed for Canada travels .Hence Lentomac asked about the yellow card people talked about in their landing gist to Canada on Canada student visa thread

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 8:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Favvvypenny:
GoodMorning ,Please I really need someone’s direction
I did my biometric since 23rd November 2020 and it was updated on 27th on November since then I haven’t gotten any other update, pls am i to hold on ?,send messages to them?do medical upfront?etc
There is no time frame to when IRCC would/should contact you as far as your application is still within the normal processing time.

If you notice in this forum, lately lots of applicants are not waiting for MEDICAL REQUEST, so as to expedite their application, they do an UPFRONT MEDICAL

If you intend to do an UPFRONT MEDICAL, do refer to this post

Full Information about doing Upfront Medicals at IOM (Lagos & Abuja) or Q-life (Lagos)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/630#96679974
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:39am On Jan 05, 2021
awys:
@deepwater you are very very very wrong in every way.You could have read the genesis of the questions that was asked by Lentomac and why he asked it.?.From the landing gist people were posting he saw people mentioned that they filled "yellow card" which also signifies the departure card everybody knows you don't need the supposed "Yellow card" you uploaded for traveling to Canada yet you kept confusing people with your pride because you don't want to accept your mistake @Chocs tried explaining what she was talking about but you Kept talking and adding unnecessary stuffz that we don't even care about keep your profiles to yourself there are people who has achieved far way better than you do but they don't come here to brag about it
@Chocs has been very helpful on this thread helping people with their questions even out of her busy schedules right from day one and I respect her for that and respect her maturity as well.Even from your previous post on other platforms actually shows the kind of person that you are!!!.
So all those your diversifying post on this issue is not needed at all and very shallow.
Infact ehn...���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaesDiary: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2021
Goodbetterbest:

Both your profiles looks solid. Don't you want to go through Express entry? Both have MSC, smash ielts and I believe you'll meet the cut off.

Thanks so much. My Hubby's CRS score came out as 432 with band 7 and 456 with band 9 when we checked. Do you think we still have a good chance with EE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaesDiary: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2021
[quote author=hope4brym post=97632824]Hubby has an MSc with 8 years relevant work experience? Please consider Express Entry directly.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaesDiary: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2021
[quote author=JosephYemsol post=97620506]
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaesDiary: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2021
lentomac:

@BaesDiary

See the link below for Sample Academic CV & other PHD/Masters Admission resources
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

I appreciate this, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaesDiary: 8:44am On Jan 05, 2021
Chocs:
BaesDiary

1) Your first option should be EE, use the CRS tool to simulate your score and that of your husband and see if any of you will reach the cut off for the last draw which was 468. You can google “CRS score tool Canada” and answer the questions to see your score. If you haven’t written IELTS yet just fill in any score (good marks) that you think you can achieve when you take the exam. If EE is not possible, you can then consider a PhD

2) one person can apply for a PhD first and take the others as dependents. So one partner can work while the other studies (my personal opinion)

3) Most PhDs come with funding from the institution. For your visa/study permit application, it’s same POF required as with other study permit applications. 10k cad for living expense + 1 year tuition. But I’ll advise you have way more above that because of your family. You’ll need to show there’s money left for the rest of the family to live on.

4) It’s not compulsory but how can they know your capabilities and profile without seeing your CV? It’s advisable to attach a well written CV

Best wishes

Your response is very detailed and very appreciated. We checked with band 8 and CRS score came out as 456.... At this point, I dont know if the EE route is still a better option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2021
@OtunbaTee @Awys @JosephYemsol I’ve been following your comments grin

I have signed out of the conversation, there’s no need going back and forth with someone who has refused to learn. We move!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2021
godguy

Many companies issue it ahead of time. It helps with visa applications. People claim that they’ll be returning to their job after the completion of their studies and some of letters also state that. So it serves as a strong home tie.

Cheers
godguy:

im confused about study leave approval when you have not yet gotten your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2021
Any updates for NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by godguy: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2021
Chocs:
godguy

Many companies issue it ahead of time. It helps with visa applications. People claim that they’ll be returning to their job after the completion of their studies and some of letters also state that. So it serves as a strong home tie.

Cheers

if you have study leave approval and you later had a change of plan maybe due to visa processing time or other factors, that will be an issue becuase most study leave are without pay and has maximum duration.

I feel requesting for letter of introduction from HR is safer for an employee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Oluwayemisi0507:
Is your school University of Saskwatchewan?

No, it's Wilfrid Laurier University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Chocs:
Lol! You’ve clearly not been following the thread, you just came in at a point and jumped in to give wrong information. Lentomac was asking about the departure card because he’s obviously not traveling to Asia and THIS THREAD IS FOR CANADA. He got the correct answer and was satisfied. You can keep hurling insults, you can insult everything but not my brain cells. They function very well, I wouldn’t be where I am today without good eyes and brain cells ( very important for medical doctors and researchers grin)

You’re just a terrible human being who looks down on everyone, after insulting Nigerian doctors, it’s now nurses. Lol! You’ll be alright.

The fact that ICVP is referred to as yellow card does not make it the one lentomac was asking about. And does not make it the only card referred to as yellow card. If you’re wise you’ll know that “context” is important in most issues in life.

I wish you peace and happiness with yourself so you stop spilling bile everywhere you go.

Have a good day.

are we going to dissect the meaning of thread and forum again?

You brain cells should have informed you that this thread is for CANADA but this forum is not for CANADA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now take a second read of the initial OP below

lentomac:
Hello Guys,
Thanks

I will rephrase and break in tads so u grasp!
members of this forum who had traveled do mention yellow card - Lead statement
what is yellow card? - Main question

Uploading a departure card to answer the question is misleading. i know u find it hard to believe u failed in providing the true answer with this moniker (afterall the moniker chocs was created to become a subject matter expert in CANADA matters - story for another day)

another thing that may interest you shallow mind is that the departure card is not always yellow in colour! that one shock you abi?

Chocs:

The fact that ICVP is referred to as yellow card does not make it the one lentomac was asking about. And does not make it the only card referred to as yellow card. If you’re wise you’ll know that “context” is important in most issues in life.

i see what you are doing, whipping sentiment grin grin grin

can you just agree that you never knew what a yellow card was before now?

To be honest, it is distressing to note that an acclaimed medical practitioner is not conversant with an International Health Certificate called a YELLOW CARD! It gives so much concern on our export of human resources. No wonder, CANADA insist people go through their own academic process before being qualified in their land....the thrash export is very discomforting to them.

I would rather suggest you learn to succumb to superior argument more especially in cases you do not have working knowledge about or weak fundamentals, lets u get whopped in public with people with spoiled chill buttons. Not everyone turns a blind eye to misinformation just because it wont affect them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now for those who may need this information in the future, listen carefully

The departure/arrival card can be any color (Yellow / Grey / White)

The YELLOW CARD, it is what it is! YELLOW IN COLOR like the signs of a free Pratique
it is not a Nigerian thing it was created by the WHO issued by Flag State Authorities through ministries / agencies/ port health et al, it is more or less your medical passport!
there is a NCAA policy in effect as at 11 March 2020 for all passengers to be in possession of a valid yellow card before boarding (implementation is another story). However, ignorance is not an excuse so do not let an overzealous PSC officer shine on your head

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyinlove15: 9:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Thank you so much for the explanation. Must sponsor actually get email notification from the bank but will inform her about this. Although she made this first week of December.
lentomac:

Hi Oyin,

There are factors that can make them not be able to receive the payment yet.
- So you know that payment via form A can take 1- 3 days or more & in some cases 2-3 weeks.

- The Xmas & New year holiday might have aswell slow down things.

But this is what you can do,

There is a receipt called TELEX RECEIPT, the bank you used to pay the tuition ought to give you that receipt in person or send it to you via e-mail (if you are the one that paid the school fees from your account ) or your Sponsor (if it's he/she that paid using his/her account)

Once you get that telex receipt, scan it and send it to your school international dept. by mail telling them you have paid your Tuition ,and they should find attached the Tuition Payment Receipt from the bank you used in your home country, and you look forward to hear from them soon

A TELEX RECEIPT should have the following Content (Sample)

Message Text
20:  Doc Credit Number 
 Xxxxxxzxxxx 
23b:  Bank Operation Code
 Xxxxzxzzx
32a:  Value Date/Currency/ Interbank Settled Amount
 22-03-1971/ 
 USD/ 
 10982.17/ 
33b:  Currency/Instructed Amount
 USD/ 
50k:  Ordering Customer
 /xxxxxxx
 OLATUNDE AROCHUKWU ISMAIL
 LAGOS NIGERIA
 NIGERIA 
53b:  Sender’s Correspondent
 /xxxxxx
 TDAMAPIANO 
59:  Beneficiary Customer
 /xxxxxxxz
 LUMUBASHI COLLEGE 
 1722 Dangote Street Kentucky 
 KAMAKUNA CANADA P9A 3E4
 TUITION FEE 
 Xxxxxxx
 USD 

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2021
godguy

If you have better home ties and feel you don’t need a study leave letter, that should work. I don’t have any personal experience with it but I’ve seen many people get study leave letters before applying for their permit. They get it in addition to introduction letters.

godguy:

if you have study leave approval and you later had a change of plan maybe due to visa processing time or other factors, that will be an issue becuase most study leave are without pay and has maximum duration.

I feel requesting for letter of introduction from HR is safer for an employee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayored: 9:42am On Jan 05, 2021
October Expectants!

What do you suggest. Still awaiting PPR and school is resuming on Monday 11th Jan.

School definitely wants me to pay for winter semester; about 3M (its 1yr MBA) but not refundable as i will have registered and done online classes.

Deferring to fall 2021 is not an option here, as i deferred to this Jan, believing IRCC would have concluded by now

It was the day i got annoyed and decided to request my GCMS in Nov that i got NSE request. I responded same day (I previously had a valid IELTS result)

Now requesting GCMS will not meet resumption, neither will it meet schl fees payment deadline. I have sent mails and raised web forms, only got acknowledgements.

What do you suggest, just tired of checking and refreshing for update.

Only my physical body is still here, everything now is canny/schl mode.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyinlove15: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2021
Okay thank you
I and my sponsor actually went to the bank together and she was debited 2weeks after. This was 1st week of December that we went to pay at zenith bank

Insanity:

You can ask your local bank about this, they might have an evidence for you. Please, refer to Lentomac's detailed post above.

When was the form A transaction initiated at your bank? Due to the current circumstances, it takes a while to be finalised. Mine took 7 working days before CBN approved, then 5 working days before I received a successful transaction mail from the foreign bank. And this wasn't during the holiday season.

You and your school may just have to be patient.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yusufoshodi1: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2021
I just tried sending a mail to nairobi the message below is what got back

nairobi@international.gc.ca (nairobi@international.gc.ca)
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

kiss kiss kiss

And I also cant seem to send a webform to them Nairobi directly. Anyone as an idea on what is wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2021
oyinlove15:
Thank you so much for the explanation. Must sponsor actually get email notification from the bank but will inform her about this. Although she made this first week of December.
You are welcome

From what you just said now, it's shows its your sponsor that Paid your tuition, that being said, its your sponsor that will get that mail or your Sponsor gets that TELEX RECEIPT in person from the bank.

Its just like when you pay for something, via your account, it's you they would send the debit alert to.

So in a Nutshell, your Sponsor should get the TELEX RECEIPT from the bank she paid the Tuition. I would assume the bank your sponsor paid your tuition is her bank so that should be easy for her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:47am On Jan 05, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:
Any updates for NSE?
We are still on reviewing documents and eligibility review mode oo with IRCC ooo hopefully this week there should be updates

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ckechi: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2021
oyinlove15:

I usually just send a picture of the Form A (with the date very visible) and that's good enough for them. But this is only because my bank usually takes forever to send the Telex. I usually just send the picture of the Form A and then the Telex a week or two later when my bank sends it. I've done this about 4-5 times now and it works so you can try that!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2021
mayored:
October Expectants!

What do you suggest. Still awaiting PPR and school is resuming on Monday 11th Jan.

School definitely wants me to pay for winter semester; about 3M (its 1yr MBA) but not refundable as i will have registered and done online classes.

Deferring to fall 2021 is not an option here, as i deferred to this Jan, believing IRCC would have concluded by now

It was the day i got annoyed and decided to request my GCMS in Nov that i got NSE request. I responded same day (I previously had a valid IELTS result)

Now requesting GCMS will not meet resumption, neither will it meet schl fees payment deadline. I have sent mails and raised web forms, only got acknowledgements.

What do you suggest, just tired of checking and refreshing for update.

Only my physical body is still here, everything now is canny/schl mode.

My brother we are in the same shoe. The only difference is that I can still defer to fall 2021 but sincerely this thing will test your patience

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2021
yusufoshodi1:
I just tried sending a mail to nairobi the message below is what got back

nairobi@international.gc.ca (nairobi@international.gc.ca)
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

kiss kiss kiss

And I also cant seem to send a webform to them Nairobi directly. Anyone as an idea on what is wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.