Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862273 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fairlytreated: 10:24pm On May 09, 2021
I have been a silent reader and the information contained here is priceless. My unreserved greetings to the gurus and everyone here for the contributions. Just a quick one. So, I received my visa approval since December. I later applied for my 3 children afterwards and got their visas approved. I won't be studying till Fall 2021 as I just rounded up the second semester.
The problem is I have been married for 12 years and we have never been separated. I am planning to also add my spouse so we can get decision before fall 2021. Is this safe? I won't be able to concentrate if he doesn't come with the family. @Frankrobbn1 and other gurus please advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by justjify(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2021
JDforeal:

Is is there a difference between letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship, I have done affidavit of sponsorship but clueless as to what should be in letter of sponsorship

Would appreciate your help
Thanks

I hope you find this helpful

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/affidavit-or-sponsorship-letter.451503/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by justjify(m): 10:26pm On May 09, 2021
JohnErrin:
is anyone travelling to canada by june 4th next month??, lets get together and plan this p abeg

Congratulations baba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibukun2000: 10:36pm On May 09, 2021
justjify:

Are you for may or sept
Congratulations baba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Imlicious: 11:00pm On May 09, 2021
I was refused for the same reason exactly with few mistakes like yours
xprimate:
Good day everyone , hope we are all hail and hearty.
After waiting for 3 months for my refusal GCMS notes, it came this month.

Below is the summary of the note:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of yours stay, as stipulated in 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in the subsection 216(1) of IRPR, based on your personal asset and financial status.
3. The applicant is seeking to study in the colleague certificate program at Sault College in Canada; the applicant holds a bachelor degree in Electronics and Computer Tech. She has been working since 2016/03. The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant’s employment and education history. I note that: the clients proposed studies are not reasonable given the career path.
4. Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account, the document provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.
I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

Also for proper context, here is my application profile.
My undergraduate course: Bsc Electronics and Computer Technology
Program I applied for: Automated Manufacturing(graduate certificate)
Institution: Sault College, Ontario Canada
Funding: Personal Acc. Balance: 10M, sponsor account balance: 8M , Paid 60 percent of the tuition fee upfront.
Also I don't know why they referred me as a she

Please house, I need your candid advice/recommendations on how to re-apply
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by juc81(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2021
Good pm my wonderful people.l appreciate the good work you are all doing in helping one another in this endeavour. Special thanks to all the gurus.Please l need help.l applied for my study permit since January 23rd,2021 using the normal route.l did my biometrics on 28th January and it was documented same day.I have always been see the stuff below. Please what can l do?Thank you

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 11:19pm On May 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Go through the contents in the link below

Everything you need to know about doing UPFRONT MEDICALS
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
while booking this Medical appointment, the place they asked 'Family Member', what will I fill there? I am the only one that want to go for the test. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 11:31pm On May 09, 2021
Hello!
1) Please if a company where i currently work(like 6-7 months now...) is willing to sponsor me due to the better of the company and the actualization of my long term dream through my employer, can the employer use his personal account for bank statement of 10m naira or the company's of 10m, which is advisable? Don't mind me, am just finding Dory several options to aid me more convincing words to the VO.

2) And then if am using company as my sponsor, won't i include board of directors reference documents or officials of the company having knowing about the sponsor together with the M.D(my employer), even though it is his will, just to prove to the VO that some knows about the sponsorship, is that necessary please or only reference from the employer/M.D is needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 11:32pm On May 09, 2021
What's the meaning of UCI?
How do we get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bukunmi93: 11:33pm On May 09, 2021
Good evening everyone, I applied for Canadian student permit two year ago and I didn't receive the reason for refusal because an agent was in charge of the mail and refused to give me login, I didn't probe further because I didn't want to pay his admistrative fee after refusal, how can I get my refusal reason(s) please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 11:39pm On May 09, 2021
BenedictStinson:

Sorry to trouble you further but like I said I'm listed as a director in the company, so I hope the reference letter will not look as "self given", same with the study leave approval. Thank you for your patience
We are in the same situation, as am one of the directors i only submit the CAC certificate with my name showing as one of the directors. No need of reference letter or study leave since you are one of the directors.
Aside from that, make sure you use the business certificate as ties to home land in ur sop, proving that you are coming back to work in that same company.
It will end in praise. You can mail me for more info for i hardly comment here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 11:46pm On May 09, 2021
emmalextemtop:
What's the meaning of UCI?
How do we get it?
If you are applying for the first time, you will not have it, just ignore the part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 11:55pm On May 09, 2021
gracedson:
If you are applying for the first time, you will not have it, just ignore the part.

Okay, tnks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 11:56pm On May 09, 2021
What about gift deed of land,is it logical ??
Frankrobbn1:

From my vast experiences, I don't believe it sound reasonable to the visa officer should an applicant use a deed of gift for someone who has already declared interest to sponsor their education in Canada. In most cases, applicants only include a gift deed for someone who is not standing as a guarantor and the deed was primarily prepared out of love and affection the person has towards the academic and career growth of the applicant. Given that he is your co-sponsor, he could have transferred the money into your account and clearly state same in his co-sponsorhip letter to buttress his financial reliability. Nonetheless, different strokes for different folks. You might be the first person to have used this financial strategy for the visa officer's. Since you've already submitted your file to the immigration, you should be positive.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:56pm On May 09, 2021
Sleekcee:
Thanks Frank but I am still not clear on the applicant name change because I did not change anything. Are you saying its not something I should be worried about? Or I should ask my agent if he name any correction in my name after submitting my application? I am clear on the eligibilitypart, thanks.

As earlier advised, the name change is standard as seen on other prospective applicants gcms notes. It's nothing to worry about.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:57pm On May 09, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
What about gift deed of land,is it logical ??

Land deed of gift as evidence of significant tie back home is rational .

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 11:58pm On May 09, 2021
Hello comrades, my IMM5257 is showing "Remove document". The file is just 600kb, please what can i do ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 12:02am On May 10, 2021
Ijeanwuli:

Yes you are right

It is really dependent on the officer or airline and they change it all the time. Today they ask for enrollment.. tomorrow they don't. It can be really confusing.

Meanwhile at the port of entry a coursemate said she was only asked to prove that she had been attending classes in the previous semester. All she did was show assignment group chats on WhatsApp

I had to call CBSA to ask alot of questions but its like the Nigerian end is getting mixed instructions.

So if you are travelling just prepare well and hope to meet a considerate officer at the Nigerian end kus thats where the work seems to be now

I ended up signing up for spring term because really its just 4 to 6 wks ..After the term I can rest and miss this back and forth.

Studying online with 7hr time difference was an experience.. I dont want to experience again abeg.

Thanks for providing validation to my post. I wish you success in Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 12:04am On May 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 12:06am On May 10, 2021
The point is that he's not even explaining it well, one can use business account statement to show how the business have been going so far,then personal account statement can be included to show sufficient funds
Oreoluwamipo:
Business account red flag?!
Guy, easy with all these your advises , Easy !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 12:10am On May 10, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=101537336]

Please
For someone who had created express entry profile but withdrew it twice
In the section that said “have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada” should the person click Yes and indicate express entry pool but withdrew application ?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 12:12am On May 10, 2021
gracedson:
Hello comrades, my IMM5257 is showing "Remove document". The file is just 600kb, please what can i do ?

About this, i found out that it is just an Option, it does not necessarily means you have to Overwrite or remove the document.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by crazyinlove: 12:21am On May 10, 2021
Please anyone know if there's a link on how to start a business in Canada or open a branch of an existing business in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 12:25am On May 10, 2021
Thank you MR Frank
Frankrobbn1:

Land deed of gift as evidence of significant tie back home is rational .

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Makah00: 1:00am On May 10, 2021
Hello , I’m also planning to apply for this school for fall 2022 intake for masters in economics. Have you registered for gre . Do you have materials

Steph1738aye:
Hi guys. I’m new here. I’m interested in getting an MBA from Canada and I’d like to know the affordable schools with the same tuition range as Memorial University of Newfoundland. I’m currently preparing for my GRE exam to hopefully apply this year against next year but MUN’s next intake is September 2022. I graduated in December 2019 with 3.82GPA and since then, I’ve been running my own brand.
Also, is there anyone here currently in the MBA program at Memorial University? How’s the experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Freebands01: 1:01am On May 10, 2021
Jhyd0202:
Anyone applying to the University of Winnipeg here?�
I did, send me a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jhyd0202: 3:27am On May 10, 2021
Freebands01:
I did send me a PM

I already did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 5:20am On May 10, 2021
Thank you very much for your explanation. I appreciate.
Frankrobbn1:

As earlier advised, the name change is standard as seen on other prospective applicants gcms notes. It's nothing to worry about.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayyoshert: 5:57am On May 10, 2021
buckyfof:

There’s no special link to apply for NSE, just submit your application and IRCC will send you a request letter if they think you qualify for the NSE program or you can submit your my bank statement certificate, IELTS and upfront Medicals with your application
Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 6:28am On May 10, 2021
Makah00:
Hello , I’m also planning to apply for this school for fall 2022 intake for masters in economics. Have you registered for gre . Do you have materials

By God's grace, I got this admission without writing GRE. However, writing GRE may improve your chances of getting an entrance funding.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 6:39am On May 10, 2021
Any body going to norQuest college this September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 7:10am On May 10, 2021
juc81:
Good pm my wonderful people.l appreciate the good work you are all doing in helping one another in this endeavour. Special thanks to all the gurus.Please l need help.l applied for my study permit since January 23rd,2021 using the normal route.l did my biometrics on 28th January and it was documented same day.I have always been see the stuff below. Please what can l do?Thank you
Are you resuming in May or September? If it's May, you should be sending webforms, and if it is September, I would order gcms note if I were you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.