Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (873598 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:08pm On May 16, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Gurus in the house pls we need answers to dis Asap

Good afternoon guys
Quite new here and still going through past thread, on part 17 now. Nevertheless I'm preparing my documents to apply for study permit at the same time... please I have a question

1) In notarizing documents, will I also notarize birth certificate?

2) Also, if my in law is my sponsor, do I still need to add my parents and siblings picture and birth certificates? If yes do I notarize too?

3) Is my husband's birth certificate also need or our marriage certificate is sufficient?

I'll be glad to receive a response
Thanks in advance

1) No

2) You need to prove he is your inlaw with docs like either marriage certificate of your inlaw and your sis(his wife), your sis birth certificate, a picture of your-self and the inlaw and your birth certificate.

3) These docs serves a different purpose(home-ties) if you include it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mmachisco: 5:09pm On May 16, 2021
From Mile 2, take a bus going to CMS. From CMS, enter obalende (you might be lucky to get one going from Mile 2). From Obalende, you can easily locate Alagbon as there are buses calling Alagbon there

Gentledaf:
Apart from international passport and passport what other document do I need to go along with for the police character certificate and how can I get to Alagbon from mile 2 I intend going by Monday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tacogado: 5:15pm On May 16, 2021
Please do anyone know something about university of Manitoba undergraduate for fall this year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2021
Mmachisco:
From Mile 2, take a bus going to CMS. From CMS, enter obalende (you might be lucky to get one going from Mile 2). From Obalende, you can easily locate Alagbon as there are buses calling Alagbon there

Thanks you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mariam77: 5:30pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

There isnt any.. All info you may need are here at your disposal. If you want personal guardiance, am at your disposal for a fee.

Okay.Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tacogado: 5:52pm On May 16, 2021
Precious000 please can you message me or send your contact to me please help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Juwon21: 5:53pm On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Brock University offer MSc in Environment Sustainability. It is a thesis based program with full funding package.

It will end in praise
What I saw on their site is MS sustainability
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RodeDindu: 5:57pm On May 16, 2021
@Anon123 & professionals in the house,
Please I need advice on these

1. Does the Post graduate course one wants to do be related to the first & Second degree?

2. When is the GIC really needed , before admission letter is issued or before embassy stuffs. when can one start it's journey? Any hope for one who doesn't have links in Canada to open a GIC account.?

3. What is the minimum deposit for acceptance & Tuition fee for most colleges for. PG Certificate program of 9k CAD semester fees. Will the school disclose it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:03pm On May 16, 2021
kinnad:
No Sir, my job is mechanically related.
Ok Chief

In that case,

Google search the following PG. Cert Programs below, check the Course outlines, Course overview of each program listed, you would likely see the ones that resonate with your Job

PG. Cert Mechatronics
Fleming College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

PG.Cert, Applied Mechanical Design
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

PG. Cert, Applied Aerospace Manufacturing
Fanshawe College, Ontario (ON)

PG. Cert, Industrial Automation
Niagara College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Mechatronics
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Welding Option

PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Machining Option

Finally,
Based on your 3rd Class, you would need to do more & package your application to increase your Chances of gaining admission

Sequel to that,

Take your time and go through the contents in the link below

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
RodeDindu:
@Anon123 & professionals in the house,
Please I need advice on these

1. Does the Post graduate course one wants to do be related to the first & Second degree?

2. When is the GIC really needed , before admission letter is issued or before embassy stuffs. when can one start it's journey? Any hope for one who doesn't have links in Canada to open a GIC account.?

3. What is the minimum deposit for acceptance & Tuition fee for most colleges for. PG Certificate program of 9k CAD semester fees. Will the school disclose it?

Thanks in advance

1) when choosing a course, you need to consider, if you have experience in the intended course and if its related to what you studied cos its very important you show a level of experience in a particular field most especially when you have been out of school for a long time. Its believed you must have gain some experience to why you chose to go further in a particular field. So to answer your question, you could chose first or second but do you have experience in the intend area of program.

2) I dont really know much about GIC. If it patains to finance you could just print out a 6 or 4months bank statement or you could get your MBS. Either one is okay. Its expected when u submit your study permit application, you must include the financial docs too in fact there's a section specific for it. You can't apply for visa without it.

3) Different schools have different deposits. Conestoga college tuition deposit is 1500cad, there are other lesser. But the most important is ensure you are familiar with the schools refund policy. Some schools tuition deposits are refundable while some are not. As per tuition fee, it ranges 14-18kcad per year.

Note: Tuition deposits is part of your tuition fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bunmijab: 6:51pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

1) No

2) You need to prove he is your inlaw with docs like either marriage certificate of your inlaw and your sis(his wife), your sis birth certificate, a picture of your-self and the inlaw and your birth certificate.

Thanks for replying @Anon123
But as for no 2 my case I quite different.
In my case my brother in-law's brother is my husband and he is my sponsor.

Please note our marriage is just two months and this same brother in-law also stood as father for my husband in our wedding (their father is late). And I have pictures showing this

So what docs do I need asides the pictures from the wedding and marriage certificate

Also I can use him as a sponsor right?

Thanks in advance all opinion are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RodeDindu: 6:53pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

1) when choosing a course, you need to consider, if you have experience in the intended course and if its related to what you studied cos its very important you show a level of experience in a particular field most especially when you have been out of school for a long time. Its believed you must have gain some experience to why you chose to go further in a particular field. So to answer your question, you could chose first or second but do you have experience in the intend area of program.

2) I dont really know much about GIC. If it patains to finance you could just print out a 6 or 4months bank statement or you could get your MBS. Either one is okay. Its expected when u submit your study permit application, you must include the financial docs too in fact there's a section specific for it. You can't apply for visa without it.

3) Different schools have different deposits. Conestoga college tuition deposit is 1500cad, there are other lesser. But the most important is ensure you are familiar with the schools refund policy. Some schools tuition deposits are refundable while some are not. As per tuition fee, it ranges 14-18kcad per year.

Note: Tuition deposits is part of your tuition fee.

Thanks man for the prompt response
1. Yes, been in the field for over 10 years and just recently rounded off 2nd degree. I will mostly choose a related course. Thanks

2. I am using my Inlaw as sponsor, he is the one funding the GIC account.
You have earlier answered questions on that, reason I didn't bring it up again. Worst is that I haven't snapped with him as he hasn't been home for a while now.

Do I still need to print his bank statement abroad as proof of funds, he is not based in Nigeria? GIC is meant to take care of Proof of funds.
Clarify please.
Thanks earnestly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 6:58pm On May 16, 2021
@Teenie what’s happening this week?
The wait is really exhausting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
Bunmijab:

Thanks for replying @Anon123
But as for no 2 my case I quite different.
In my case my brother in-law's brother is my husband and he is my sponsor.

Please note our marriage is just two months and this same brother in-law also stood as father for my husband in our wedding (their father is late). And I have pictures showing this

So what docs do I need asides the pictures from the wedding and marriage certificate

Also I can use him as a sponsor right?

Thanks in advance all opinion are welcome

I think what you mean is, your husbands brother is your sponsor. The vo doesnt know so stood in as your father inlaw. As long as you have pics of you, your hubby and his brother, thats all you need attach with the marriage certificate and birth certificates

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
RodeDindu:

Thanks man for the prompt response
1. Yes, been in the field for over 10 years and just recently rounded off 2nd degree. I will mostly choose a related course. Thanks

2. I am using my Inlaw as sponsor, he is the one funding the GIC account.
You have earlier answered questions on that, reason I didn't bring it up again. Worst is that I haven't snapped with him as he hasn't been home for a while now.

Do I still need to print his bank statement abroad as proof of funds, he is not based in Nigeria? GIC is meant to take care of Proof of funds.
Clarify please.
Thanks earnestly.

If the GIC is available, you still need his bank statement. At least 4months bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 8:35pm On May 16, 2021
Thanks bro for ur quick response
But I still need ur help.
I HV been a volunteer in an NGO (Less previlege) for 5years now. They HV agree to sponsor me on dis my Canada journey.
1. What evidences do I need to convince the VO about my sponsor?
2 . What are my chances of getting my Visa proved, using the NGO?

1) No

3) These docs serves a different purpose(home-ties) if you include it[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:40pm On May 16, 2021
To whom it may concern,
Book your appointment online to avoid human error at the other end. You should only call for verification or technical difficulties. And payment is done upfront. For your medicals, a receipt of your payment is one of the requirements. These are infos you can easily find using Google.
Some of the answers you get here are just based on assumption. Always visit the actual website to get the information you need. Google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bertram87: 8:42pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

You can book online or phone.

You pay the day you are doing the Medicals

Okay...Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:51pm On May 16, 2021
Bertram87:

Okay...Thank you.
My last post is especially for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:55pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

If the GIC is available, then you can use it. No need for bank statement.
I know your intentions are good but some infos you give out are misleading. GIC doesn't negate the need for bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:58pm On May 16, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Thanks bro for ur quick response
But I still need ur help.
I HV been a volunteer in an NGO (Less previlege) for 5years now. They HV agree to sponsor me on dis my Canada journey.
1. What evidences do I need to convince the VO about my sponsor?
2 . What are my chances of getting my Visa proved, using the NGO?

1) No

1) An NGO sponsorship will need a lot of convincing from you. This will not work as long as its a study route. Since the NGO has the funds, why not have such funds sent to your own account and you stand as a sponsor.

2) I or nobody here can authoritatively tell you what your chances are. All I can say is, you need to either be self-sponsored or a blood relative sponsors you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:05pm On May 16, 2021
shupy:

I know your intentions are good but some infos you give out are misleading. GIC doesn't negate the need for bank statement.

I understand you are trying to be polite but when you say the bolded, it means every info not just this one I give out is misleading. Correct the sentence pls

If you read a previous reply i gave to the moniker, I told him/her, I dont know much about GIC. But fine, I might have been wrong. Done the correction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 9:07pm On May 16, 2021
Hi guys. I noticed that for those that applied for Express Entry, they can call IRCC to enquire about the progress of their application.

Is this not allowed for student visa, because i noticed people have not been trying to call them. If it is available, what are the steps involved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:19pm On May 16, 2021
TOMSY:
Hi guys. I noticed that for those that applied for Express Entry, they can call IRCC to enquire about the progress of their application.

Is this not allowed for student visa, because i noticed people have not been trying to call them. If it is available, what are the steps involved?

If you meant phone calls, no. Its mostly via webforms or emails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kazyluvsU: 9:37pm On May 16, 2021
TOMSY:

Hello house, pls is IELTS MANDATORY and do I need to include result checker for o level since am going for MSc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 9:49pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

I understand you are trying to be polite but when you say the bolded, it means every info not just this one I give out is misleading. Correct the sentence pls

If you read a previous reply i gave to the moniker, I told him/her, I dont know much about GIC. But fine, I might have been wrong. Done the correction
It definitely shouldn't be interpreted that way. Don't take it as an attack. You have been very helpful, no one can deny that. We're all trying to help one another, but in doing so, we also need to be cautious.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:55pm On May 16, 2021
shupy:

It definitely shouldn't be interpreted that way. Don't take it as an attack. You have been very helpful, no one can deny that. We're all trying to help one another, but in doing so, we also need to be cautious.

No problems bro..

Duly noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by WeLocomote: 10:00pm On May 16, 2021
Hello guys, i have a 6 year study gap and as someone with little or no work experience(my only work experience is my one year IT), how do i go about writing my SOP to convince the Visa officer cause i'm basically into crypto which i heard is not a substantial reason to tell the VO. Replies will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Naijaforeigner: 10:21pm On May 16, 2021
oyibo4real:

Amen oo! Thank you oo, I need all the prayers oo, cos reality is hitting me badly this 3 days quarantine. Yea, it's just the Airline that asked for it(Lufthansa)

@Naijaforeigner please I need your guidance in making some decisions.

Hi Oyibo4real, I replied to your last email and sent you my whatssap deets.

Please chat me up on whatssap. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2021
Omo, this Canada journey is not easy and for the faint hearted

We Nigerian applicants are really suffering mehn, months without any favorable answer, you don’t even know if they are working on your application or they have forgotten about it, you are literally at Their mercy.

May God grant all of us speedy applications and favorable answers at the end of the day. It will work out no matter how much you think your application isn’t strong. Just believe guys!!!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 10:25pm On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Go ahead and deposit the 10,000CAD into the GIC investment. It will show that you've made adequate financial arrangements for your proposed studies in Canada.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much my boss!!!! God bless you.
It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 10:30pm On May 16, 2021
Ijeanwuli:
LANDING GIST

Nigeria to Toronto Canada
Airline: Lufthansa and Air Canada

Important thing to note: Carry your fav snacks in your hand luggage, you may not like the food at all. They served vegetarian pasta on both flights

*Checkin -Nigeria*
Study permit
Flight ticket
Arrive can
3 day hotel booking
Enrollment letter (heard they won't let you checkin without it even though its not a requirement on the Canadian govt website.)

*Frankfurt*
No document asked
They just reprinted my boarding pass and that was it

*Toronto*
Letter of acceptance
Tuition payment
I was not asked anything about enrollment in Toronto. So it means its the Nigerian airport carrying it on their head for whatever reason.

My flight landed Toronto around Noon on the 14th. The airport was very quick. Went through the customs border and immigration in less than 15 minutes.

*Questions asked*
Name of school
Why I chose my school
Who is sponsoring me
They asked if I would be paying my sponsor back .. I said no and they asked why .. I said because she's my senior sister and that's how family supports each other. The officer asked me where my sponsor works and then issued my study permit.

Wishing everyone good luck

Congratulations.... Canada will favour you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.