Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858637 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 8:41pm On May 15, 2021
Hello Sleekcee,
Wooow... I hope you have requested for your gcms notes
Has your eligibility review started?
Sleekcee:
Medicals of 12th April not yet acknowledged by IRCC. Application done in September. Its well oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:44pm On May 15, 2021
voluminous87:
Hello, I want to immigrate to Canada through the study route. I have a second class lower degree. From the earlier pages I have seen.. People say 30k cad is enough. Is it possible my wife and children can accompany me. What would be the minimum pof if they will accompany me. What colleges or universities can I get a 2 years course with my 2.2 Bsc degree. Most I have seen, request for high GPA or the course would be a 1 Yr duration duration.
Requesting for anyone's generous assistance.
Thanks
To the bolded, not all PG. Cert programs in Colleges have a Two year program

Sequel to that,
- what did you study in school?
- What is the name of your Job?
- Do you have study gaps (what year did you graduate)?

you might just get suggestions here on 2 years PG. Cert Programs (if available) and colleges you can apply to based on your response to the above questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iyanexbaba(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2021
valeriechima:
Please sis, how do I go about wes sending my transcript to NSCC. Please it is urgent!

If your school can send it directly it will be fine because the day they receive it is what would determine your admission, as that day would be the day your application was submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iyanexbaba(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Sequel to that,

you might just get suggestions here on 2 years PG. Cert Programs (if available) and colleges you can apply to based on your response to the above questions

The least of your worries should be what you graduated with, I also graduated with a 2.2 which was not even up to a 3point and then I got offered admission at NSCC but then I don’t have more information as regards taking family I know you can take dependents but you need to make more research about this.
NSCC and NBCC are almost the same in terms of fees so this should help you reduce cost of schooling thereby using that amount for something else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:55pm On May 15, 2021
I'll share mine too soon , Insha Allah !

Ijeanwuli:
LANDING GIST

Nigeria to Toronto Canada
Airline: Lufthansa and Air Canada

Important thing to note: Carry your fav snacks in your hand luggage, you may not like the food at all. They served vegetarian pasta on both flights

*Checkin -Nigeria*
Study permit
Flight ticket
Arrive can
3 day hotel booking
Enrollment letter (heard they won't let you checkin without it even though its not a requirement on the Canadian govt website.)

*Frankfurt*
No document asked
They just reprinted my boarding pass and that was it

*Toronto*
Letter of acceptance
Tuition payment
I was not asked anything about enrollment in Toronto. So it means its the Nigerian airport carrying it on their head for whatever reason.

My flight landed Toronto around Noon on the 14th. The airport was very quick. Went through the customs border and immigration in less than 15 minutes.

*Questions asked*
Name of school
Why I chose my school
Who is sponsoring me
They asked if I would be paying my sponsor back .. I said no and they asked why .. I said because she's my senior sister and that's how family supports each other. The officer asked me where my sponsor works and then issued my study permit.

I thankGod for a seamless process. I am also happy I used Lufthansa. The flight was not full at all and it wa very comfortable like some people had a whole 4 seats to sleep on.

I was wondering why Nigeria is particular about enrollment and I think the best way to get around that especially if you have taken semesters before is to simply email CBSA to ask if enrollment is a requirement for travel then maybe print their response and take it with you to the airport.
Spring and summer is a known holiday for students so I don't know why they are particular about it. Most students and even Canadians don't take classes this period. They go to the beach and chill. Some companies even close to observe the holiday.

Wishing everyone good luck

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 9:04pm On May 15, 2021
valeriechima:
Please sis, how do I go about wes sending my transcript to NSCC. Please it is urgent!

Once it gets to WES, it takes roughly a week to be evaluated and sent to NSCC. I would advise this route because you’d still need your transcript evaluated by WES for Permanent Residency in the long run and you do not want to go through the same stress again with your Naija uni.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by loffers(m): 9:14pm On May 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Sequel to that,

Good Evening, please I have some questions.
1) If you are running a Postgraduate cert prog , will you be allowed to work on part time basis ?
2) Upon completion of your program are you entitled to postgraduate work permit?
3) how lucrative is a Postgraduate cert prog in Business Analytics
4) which other prog and sch can you suggest for a 2.2 grad of mathematical sci working in a Bank as a marketing officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 9:22pm On May 15, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
And please who knows much about MUN admission, applied a few weeks back and I haven't gotten any reply from them whatsoever.
Write an email to the school's registrar.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:43pm On May 15, 2021
Toopee:

Once it gets to WES, it takes roughly a week to be evaluated and sent to NSCC. I would advise this route because you’d still need your transcript evaluated by WES for Permanent Residency in the long run and you do not want to go through the same stress again with your Naija uni.
note that it is not the same transcript evaluation process for EE route and academics. EE route require immigration evaluation if i can vividly remember while that for academic is more expensive and course by course i think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Businesstools(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2021
loffers:

Good Evening, please I have some questions.
1) If you are running a Postgraduate cert prog , will you be allowed to work on part time basis ?
2) Upon completion of your program are you entitled to postgraduate work permit?
3) how lucrative is a Postgraduate cert prog in Business Analytics
4) which other prog and sch can you suggest for a 2.2 grad of mathematical sci working in a Bank as a marketing officer.

Question 1: Yes

Question 2: Yes, every program above 8 months is entitled to PGWP.

Question 3: I don't know.

Question 4: No idea

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rasakiopoewa: 9:48pm On May 15, 2021
Hi guys.Got an admission in seneca to study pgd in business analytics. Start date to completion date is 7 months and 15 days. 18hours/week lecture. Will this qualify me for pgwp? Pls need your answer sirs
I saw on their page that it was 1 year program but upon receiving the admission letter, I discovered it was 7 months 15 days
Start date 7th sept 21 and completion date is 22 April 22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by voluminous87: 9:50pm On May 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Sequel to that,

Studied Accounting
I am an Accountant - 9yrs work experience
Graduated 2009 - 11yrs study gap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 10:10pm On May 15, 2021
boscom:
Is your medical passed now? If medical status did not change to pass after 20 days thereabouts, what can someone do?

It isn't. It's still reflecting " You do not need bla bla bla"

I sent a mail to iomabuja and called the lady that affirmed that I passed my medical test, she said I should call on Monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 10:44pm On May 15, 2021
Dolex86:
Hello Sleekcee,
Wooow... I hope you have requested for your gcms notes
Has your eligibility review started?
Yes I got the notes a week ago. Nothing worthy of note is there except for recommended interview in my eligibility section. Every other thing is just there .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 10:53pm On May 15, 2021
skull4eva:

note that it is not the same transcript evaluation process for EE route and academics. EE route require immigration evaluation if i can vividly remember while that for academic is more expensive and course by course i think

I understand this. What I meant was, WES already has the transcript it’s just for them to to evaluation according to the purpose of use. Instead of requesting for it again from Nigeria which we all know takes ages plus the emotional stress too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:00pm On May 15, 2021
Ijeanwuli:
LANDING GIST

Nigeria to Toronto Canada
Airline: Lufthansa and Air Canada

Important thing to note: Carry your fav snacks in your hand luggage, you may not like the food at all. They served vegetarian pasta on both flights

*Checkin -Nigeria*
Study permit
Flight ticket
Arrive can
3 day hotel booking
Enrollment letter (heard they won't let you checkin without it even though its not a requirement on the Canadian govt website.)

*Frankfurt*
No document asked
They just reprinted my boarding pass and that was it

*Toronto*
Letter of acceptance
Tuition payment
I was not asked anything about enrollment in Toronto. So it means its the Nigerian airport carrying it on their head for whatever reason.

My flight landed Toronto around Noon on the 14th. The airport was very quick. Went through the customs border and immigration in less than 15 minutes.

*Questions asked*
Name of school
Why I chose my school
Who is sponsoring me
They asked if I would be paying my sponsor back .. I said no and they asked why .. I said because she's my senior sister and that's how family supports each other. The officer asked me where my sponsor works and then issued my study permit.

I thankGod for a seamless process. I am also happy I used Lufthansa. The flight was not full at all and it wa very comfortable like some people had a whole 4 seats to sleep on.

I was wondering why Nigeria is particular about enrollment and I think the best way to get around that especially if you have taken semesters before is to simply email CBSA to ask if enrollment is a requirement for travel then maybe print their response and take it with you to the airport.
Spring and summer is a known holiday for students so I don't know why they are particular about it. Most students and even Canadians don't take classes this period. They go to the beach and chill. Some companies even close to observe the holiday.

Wishing everyone good luck

I landed on 13th and had similar experience cos its same flight, same take off and landing time, same documents was asked at the Lufthansa check in counter, almost same everything...

However, at POE(Toronto), they asked for:
Name of school
Name of program and if its coop
Tuition payment receipt(which I printed but didnt know how it disappeared. Showed them the soft copy in my phone)
Consent letter from spouse(for my son)
That's all.

I was given 3 docs...2 study permits and my work permit. He also advised me not to work more than 20hrs per week and to abide by the rules of the docs given to me.

Today would be my 3rd night of quarantine, so I'll zoom off tomorrow. Confirmed hotel booking price was $1018 but I got there to meet $904 and I gladly paid grin. Am using Crowne Plaza hotel, toronto.

These indians are stubborn oo, they're still travelling despite the ban. I saw more than 20 of them detained at the POE and the officers were asking them why they disobeyed the rule and some of them didnt even come with their covid test result. Shaa, las las, they were called for their docs.

This is all for now...

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teslimdada1010: 11:00pm On May 15, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Not at all ,only the one the school issued me I uploaded

Please i applied at upei too can anyone advise on what there admision Team usually watch out for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by CrownTdan: 11:06pm On May 15, 2021
@lekiboboe, please can you help with the link for obtaining CGMS notes for study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 11:13pm On May 15, 2021
oyibo4real:

I landed on 13th and had similar experience cos its same flight, same take off and landing time, same documents was asked at the Lufthansa check in counter, almost same everything...

However, at POE(Toronto), they asked for:
Name of school
Name of program and if its coop
Tuition payment receipt(which I printed but didnt know how it disappeared. Showed them the soft copy in my phone)
Consent letter from spouse(for my son)
That's all.

I was given 3 docs...2 study permits and my work permit. He also advised me not to work more than 20hrs per week and to abide by the rules of the docs given to me.

Today would be my 3rd night of quarantine, so I'll zoom off tomorrow. Confirmed hotel booking price was $1018 but I got there to meet $904 and I gladly paid grin. Am using Crowne Plaza hotel, toronto.

These indians are stubborn oo, they're still travelling despite the ban. I saw more than 20 of them detained at the POE and the officers were asking them why they disobeyed the rule and some of them didnt even come with their covid test result. Shaa, las las, they were called for their docs.

This is all for now...
congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 11:14pm On May 15, 2021
Do I have to always have the amount I declared in my Financial statement available in my account during this process ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kinnad(m): 11:35pm On May 15, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

You most likely will never find a school that accepts a third class degree for master's. Very hard to see; but even if you see, it will likely be a school not worth attending, perhaps a University of Farmington.

Your best option, I think, is to opt for a postgraduate/graduate diploma program in a college.
OK thanks. But can I be able to bring my family with a post graduate diploma program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 11:37pm On May 15, 2021
[quote author=Businesstools post=101730864]

Question 1: Yes

Question 2: Yes, every program above 8 months is entitled to PGWP.

Question 3: I don't know.

Question 4: No idea
The information for question 2 is wrong. Not all schools result in PGWP. And that is Why it’s wise to do your own in-depth research and not come just come to this platform looking for easy answer. You can find vast info on google, Canada website and ur school’s website. This forum is to assist you AFTER you have done ur due diligence. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kinnad(m): 11:41pm On May 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

With a 3rd Class, you can't apply for an MSC in Canada, your best shot is to apply to a college for a PG. CERT PROGRAM that relates to your B.SC or HND Degree or a PG. Cert program that relates to your job

Sequel to that,

you might just get suggestions here on PG. Cert Programs and colleges you can apply to based on your response to the above questions
Studied mechanical engineering
I'm currently a Field engineer in the telecom industry
Study gap yes. Graduated 2008.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 12:22am On May 16, 2021
Apart from international passport and passport what other document do I need to go along with for the police character certificate and how can I get to Alagbon from mile 2 I intend going by Monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:48am On May 16, 2021
Ibadan
Toopee:

What’s IB?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 1:16am On May 16, 2021
@lekkiboboe, I'm self sponsored and i have paid my 1 year tuition fee, i was adviced by my immigration consultant to do a GIC investment to further show my economic strength. Do you think i should do it? I should transfer my living expenses to a GIC account?

My gurus, kindly advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 1:21am On May 16, 2021
Gentledaf:
Apart from international passport and passport what other document do I need to go along with for the police character certificate and how can I get to Alagbon from mile 2 I intend going by Monday.
With passport photographs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sterling289128: 1:59am On May 16, 2021
Can the letter of Reference be addressed to " whom it may concern" rather than the visa Officer, Canada........ I intend to use my reference letter to two different countries. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sterling289128: 2:00am On May 16, 2021
Omankem8:
@lekkiboboe, I'm self sponsored and i have paid my 1 year tuition fee, i was adviced by my immigration consultant to do a GIC investment to further show my economic strength. Do you think i should do it? I should transfer my living expenses to a GIC account?

My gurus, kindly advice.

What is Gic investment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jachi15(f): 3:14am On May 16, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Congratulations

Please, can you share the documents submitted

SUPPORTING DOCUMENT TO SUBMIT FOR STUDENT VISA
• Bank Certificate showing 12 months bank statement and the last six months showing a balance not less than $N30,000 CAD. ✅
•birth certificate ✅
•letter of attestation✅
• Employment letter from financial sponsor as proof of stable income or yours if you are sponsoring yourself and pay slips. (ID card) or last promotion letter.( ✅✅)
• Evidence of IELTS result✅
• Admission letter and Acceptance letter✅
• Evidence of payment of 1year tuition or deposit payment(✅)
• Detailed Study Plan/Statement of Intent.(✅)
• Current and previous visas and stamp pages(✅)
• International passport✅
• Digital passport photo✅
• Birth Certificate✅
• Curriculum Vitae✅
•Police report ✅
•office testimonial ✅
•parents 6 months salary bank statement each✅
• Parent or personal assets evidence e.g. landed documents, ✅
. Upfront medicals

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 4:21am On May 16, 2021
RELAN2446:

With passport photographs.

You mean just the passport photograph alone.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elenewton1: 6:39am On May 16, 2021
From Mile 2, take a bus to Oshodi. From Oshodi take another bus to Obalende. Drop at Obalende last bus stop. At Obalende under bridge you will see buses calling passport office/Alagbon.
You can call inspector Titi who will get your police cert done easily for 5k without stress. The number is 08035618789

Gentledaf:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.