Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (873554 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:49pm On May 16, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

What's the procedure for medical bro?

You book for it via phone call.

Google either qlife family clinic or IOM and get their customer Care numbers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2021
elenewton1:
From Mile 2, take a bus to Oshodi. From Oshodi take another bus to Obalende. Drop at Obalende last bus stop. At Obalende under bridge you will see buses calling passport office/Alagbon.
You can call inspector Titi who will get your police cert done easily for 5k without stress. The number is 08035618789

Thank you very much I really appreciate. It will end in praise for all of us.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 1:02pm On May 16, 2021
Hmmm its well... Hopefully ul get your decision this month by Gods grace
Sleekcee:

Yes I got the notes a week ago. Nothing worthy of note is there except for recommended interview in my eligibility section. Every other thing is just there .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mamatee2: 1:09pm On May 16, 2021
Ok. Thanks a lot.

may99:

The receipt Number and transaction references would be generated after you pay. Either through pay direct or quickteller.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:14pm On May 16, 2021
kinnad:
Studied mechanical engineering
I'm currently a Field engineer in the telecom industry
Study gap yes. Graduated 2008.
That's 13 years Study Gap since you graduated 2008.
With this development, it is advisable/expected of you to go for a program related to your FIELD ENGINEERING (TELECOMMUNICATION). And if it's related to MECHANICAL ENGINEERING you are good to go for a PG. CERT program related to MECH. ENGINEERING

If I might ask, is your job related to NETWORKING (INTERNET INSTALLATION) i.e LAN, WAN, VSAT, RJ45 etc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mummy4life1: 1:21pm On May 16, 2021
Jachi15:

SUPPORTING DOCUMENT TO SUBMIT FOR STUDENT VISA
• Bank Certificate showing 12 months bank statement and the last six months showing a balance not less than $N30,000 CAD. ✅
•birth certificate ✅
•letter of attestation✅
• Employment letter from financial sponsor as proof of stable income or yours if you are sponsoring yourself and pay slips. (ID card) or last promotion letter.( ✅✅)
• Evidence of IELTS result✅
• Admission letter and Acceptance letter✅
• Evidence of payment of 1year tuition or deposit payment(✅)
• Detailed Study Plan/Statement of Intent.(✅)
• Current and previous visas and stamp pages(✅)
• International passport✅
• Digital passport photo✅
• Birth Certificate✅
• Curriculum Vitae✅
•Police report ✅
•office testimonial ✅
•parents 6 months salary bank statement each✅
• Parent or personal assets evidence e.g. landed documents, ✅
. Upfront medicals

Thanks for sharing. More blessings in Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bertram87: 1:23pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

You book for it via phone call.

Google either qlife family clinic or IOM and get their customer Care numbers

Good afternoon everyone @Anon123, are you saying the online booking is not enough to have a booking done with IOM? And also can the payment be made a day or two prior to the appointment date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Go ahead and deposit the 10,000CAD into the GIC investment. It will show that you've made adequate financial arrangements for your proposed studies in Canada.

It will end in praise

Sir, is there a refund policy for GIC

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ekulu77: 1:30pm On May 16, 2021
Please how did you go about the biometrics request procedure.
Mummy4life1:
Thanks for sharing. More blessings in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MShud: 1:33pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

No you have paid already.
Book for your biometrics, go along with photocopies of int passport data page(3copies), biometrics letter and booked biometrics letter from vfs(you get it sent to your mail once you book for the biometricz)

Link to book for biometric appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:01pm On May 16, 2021
MShud:

Link to book for biometric appointment
LINK TO BOOK FOR BIOMETRICS AT VFS
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment:::::

What to go along with to VFS Office (Lagos & Abuja) for Biometrics Experience
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/268#93247541

Biometrics at Lagos VFS Office (Based on the experience of a Nairaland Member)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/12#97324402

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BenedictStinson(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Being listed as one of the directors in your family's business will count as a positive report than the former (inventory officer). Looking at your profile, I will advise you say that you've been working in your parents company and you're travelling to Canada to gain top-notch business education in order to expand the family's business. By so doing, you don't need to mention the inventory officer as your current employment.

Do as I have adviced and thank me later.

It will end in praise
Hello Mr Frank sorry again for taking out of your time. Due to my 2.2 eligibility for a master's degree has been a bit tricky, will a post graduate diploma still serve as sufficient academic progression?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 2:35pm On May 16, 2021
childgodly:
If you do upfront medicals before submitting your application approximately how long will it take before the medicals section on the application changes and acknowledges the medicals? Currently it says I do not need medicals and they will send me an email if that changes.

Hello, no one can say how long, but I did my upfront medicals on the 25th of February and submitted my application on the 6th of march along with the upfront medical sheet. My status changed to pass on April 12th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 16, 2021
Backcheck:

Hello, no one can say how long, but I did my upfront medicals on the 25th of February and submitted my application on the 6th of march along with the upfront medical sheet. My status changed to pass on April 12th.
Wow. Thank you! Just wanted to be sure it was a normal thing and there weren’t any anomalies with my own application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 16, 2021
Backcheck:

Wow. Thank you! Just wanted to be sure it was a normal thing and there weren’t any anomalies with my own application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 2:52pm On May 16, 2021
Hello every one... The person with this number +1 (613) 265-1300 might call u .. telling u he can assist you for IELTS or anything, keep off.. they get attracted when you mention account balance used for Canada student application.
They are scammer..
If anyone want to assist u on the platform and he or she request for cash.. kindly inform the house as we have intellectual ,well oriented and discipline street guys here.. don't fall victim.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mariam77: 3:06pm On May 16, 2021
Please can someone kindly share the link to a WhatsApp/Telegram group for Canadian study permit if there’s one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:06pm On May 16, 2021
voluminous87:

Studied Accounting
I am an Accountant - 9yrs work experience
Graduated 2009 - 11yrs study gap.
Sequel to your Accountancy Background (both on Academics & Work Experience)
A PG.Cert in Accounting or PG.Cert Financial Planning are good options for you

Check
Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting at Selkirk College, British Columbia, its a 2-years program, see link below
https://selkirk.ca/program/post-graduate-accounting

Also,

See the link below for lists of Programs in the above fields, google them one by one, you might be lucky to see some of these programs that are 2-years in duration

PG. Cert in Accounting
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Accounting&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

PG. Cert, Financial Planning
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Financial%20Planning&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

You can also await more inputs from other members of this platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:21pm On May 16, 2021
sympygirl:
Hello all, I just joined.
I got my BSc in International relations over 12 years ago and I have been running a business. I'm married with 2 kids.
I've been trying to read on immigration to Canada and it seems the study route is my best option.
My issues are:
1. I'm confused on weather to go for a pdg or masters program.
2. Funds: no sponsor and I do not have enough money to sponsor myself, my children and still have enough money required and at what stage will I have to show my proof of fund
Please can I get any advise on a way forward as I want to start the process as soon as possible.

Based on your 12years study Gap, you can't go for an International Relation related Program.

1) Based on your Work experience (running a business), a PG. Cert in a Business related program would be good for you

See the link below for
PG.Cert in Business Related Programs & Colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

Am also thinking an MBA will be another alternative for you but await the response of the gurus on that

Financial Readiness is very Essential
if you intend starting this. Do await more response to this part from the gurus cos Proof of Funds is very important and now that you wanna move with your kids, you gonna be needing much more money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bunmijab: 3:26pm On May 16, 2021
Good afternoon guys
Quite new here and still going through past thread, on part 17 now. Nevertheless I'm preparing my documents to apply for study permit at the same time... please I have a question

1) In notarizing documents, will I also notarize birth certificate?

2) Also, if my in law is my sponsor, do I still need to add my parents and siblings picture and birth certificates? If yes do I notarize too?

3) Is my husband's birth certificate also need or our marriage certificate is sufficient?

I'll be glad to receive a response
Thanks in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mummy4life1: 3:30pm On May 16, 2021
Ekulu77:
Please how did you go about the biometrics request procedure.
I was at location earlier and I went with two coloured photocopy copies of my international passport and I printed out the request letter.

I can't really remember all but the gurus in the house will enlighten more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 3:30pm On May 16, 2021
Fully-funded MSc Positions at University of Toronto, Canada

Suitable for students with background (&interest) in Geology, Earth Science, Physics, Engineering and related fields.

Stipend- $25,000CAD

Please apply

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1393928163038842885?s=21

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Juwon21: 3:42pm On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Brock University offer MSc in Environment Sustainability. It is a thesis based program with full funding package.

It will end in praise

Thank you Sir, I will check it out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:48pm On May 16, 2021
Dukealara:

Thank God for safe landing.....

Yes oo, thank God indeed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:49pm On May 16, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
May Canada favor you sis.

Amen!!! Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:51pm On May 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Thanks for the landing gist

May the land of Canny favor you

Quick one,
Did they ask you for PROOF OF ENROLLMENT LETTER, whether from the Airline you boarded, or the Immigration dept. of Nigeria or the Immigration dept. of Canada (CBSA)?

Amen oo! Thank you oo, I need all the prayers oo, cos reality is hitting me badly this 3 days quarantine. Yea, it's just the Airline that asked for it(Lufthansa)

@Naijaforeigner please I need your guidance in making some decisions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 4:15pm On May 16, 2021
Gurus in the house pls we need answers to dis Asap

Good afternoon guys
Quite new here and still going through past thread, on part 17 now. Nevertheless I'm preparing my documents to apply for study permit at the same time... please I have a question

1) In notarizing documents, will I also notarize birth certificate?

2) Also, if my in law is my sponsor, do I still need to add my parents and siblings picture and birth certificates? If yes do I notarize too?

3) Is my husband's birth certificate also need or our marriage certificate is sufficient?

I'll be glad to receive a response
Thanks in advance
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kinnad(m): 4:59pm On May 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

That's 13 years Study Gap since you graduated 2008.
With this development, it is advisable/expected of you to go for a program related to your FIELD ENGINEERING (TELECOMMUNICATION). And if it's related to MECHANICAL ENGINEERING you are good to go for a PG. CERT program related to MECH. ENGINEERING

If I might ask, is your job related to NETWORKING (INTERNET INSTALLATION) i.e LAN, WAN, VSAT, RJ45 etc?
No Sir, my job is mechanically related.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:01pm On May 16, 2021
Bertram87:

Good afternoon everyone @Anon123, are you saying the online booking is not enough to have a booking done with IOM? And also can the payment be made a day or two prior to the appointment date?

You can book online or phone.

You pay the day you are doing the Medicals

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:04pm On May 16, 2021
Mariam77:
Please can someone kindly share the link to a WhatsApp/Telegram group for Canadian study permit if there’s one

There isnt any.. All info you may need are here at your disposal. If you want personal guardiance, am at your disposal for a fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by favourdamsel: 5:04pm On May 16, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:
It has finally ended in praise for me. God bless Frankrobbn, Justmellow, and the many others that have been giving me hope and answering all my plenty of questions. Note that I used an agent or my application because i was too busy with work to continually study the tips on this thread and apply them. I am a second-time applicant.

Timeline:
January 20th: Medical done
January 27th: Application submitted with all NSE requirements- Sponsor's 1-year Mybankstatement of about 11million, IELTS result with 7.5 band, and Medical result.
February 20th
February 26th: Second ghost update
March 4th: Third ghost update
March 9th: Fourth ghost update
May 4th: PPR and correspondence letter

Reason for the first refusal: They said that my finance wasn't sufficient even after i submitted an account statement of 12million and paid my first-semester tuition.

How i tackled the refusal: I paid the full tuition for the first year, provided the sponsor's account statement of 11million and i also made a notarised affidavit of sponsorship signed by my sponsor. I did not use a notarised affidavit of sponsorship in my first application but i used an affidavit from the high court. A friend advised me to use a notary lawyer for my affidavit and so far, everyone that i know that used a notary lawyer was approved. Notarised documents are recognized worldwide.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Tuition payment receipt CAD$21,000
notarised affidavit of sponsorship
notarised affidavit of good behavior
police report
IELTS result
medical slip
letter of explanation
passport photograph
data page of passport
sponsor's birth certificate (sponsor is my brother)
CAC document for my business
Employment letter
Recommendation letter

NOTE: I used an agent for my application. There are a few agents that knows what they are doing. My agent did not hold back my login details like o

Hello Nwanyiokpa. Congrats on your ppr. Just sent you an email. Please which agent did you use

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:05pm On May 16, 2021
kinnad:
No Sir, my job is mechanically related.

Then I go for a pgd related your your present job role...

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59