Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? (70017 Views)

You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by magicminister: 2:37am On Dec 22, 2020
englishmart:
What's your reaction going to be like if you meet your brother in-law treating your sister this way?

He better run to Ghana or Gambia cos he’s as good as dead!! No ifs or buts!!
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by IbadanJohnWick(f): 2:39am On Dec 22, 2020
We should be talking about his burial instead
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by West2019(m): 2:53am On Dec 22, 2020
God forbid it can never be my sister or else that her husband will see the real side of me .
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:10am On Dec 22, 2020
Marshalees10:
For the guy� I'll tek him to suplex city a couple of times, One RKO and then I'll cap it off with a Kevin Owen's Pop_up SuperBomb

For my sister, she's definitely not staying. Not until he comes back to his senses at the least.
What if the guy gives you the RKO? And continues with the original beating?
Don't just assume that you will be stronger than him.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:12am On Dec 22, 2020
Drsnives:
I don't care if my sister is at fault or not, I go make sure I so beat the guy to stupor
What if the guy beats you up very well? And resumes to beat the woman after?

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:14am On Dec 22, 2020
CaptainStephen:
He is a dead man
And you will go to jail for murder

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by paulo220(m): 3:20am On Dec 22, 2020
tobechi74:
Since I gave birth, my husband no longer give me the attention he used to. He spends more time at work. When he finally gets home, he quicky goes to bed to prepare for the next day. We engage in superficial discussion-the bills, our son, the neighbors, the house etc. He rarely comments on my outfit. There are times I would move around naked yet he would not mutter a world. He would be physical present with me yet thinking of his work. Sex was mechanical. He did not care If I cummed.He would sleep off afterwards. I cannot bear the neglect. I have tried to give him subtle hint as a woman. He is unable to interpret my signs. I have come out openly yet he plays it down. I got no choice but to proboki him The other day, I nagged bitterly. He walked out of the house. Every attempt I make shuts him down.I just came back from work and he did not bother to ask how work went. He fixed his eyes on the television screen watching a soccer match. I tried initiating a conversation with him but his eyes are fixed on the screen while giving me monosyllabic reply. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“GBAM”

I hit the television screen with a kitchen pistle until it blacked out. For the first time, he gazed his eyes toward my direction. He rushed me like an angry lion pouncing on its prey . I was unable to count the series of slaps and punches that landed on my face. I passed out and found myself in the hospital. I was bedridden for three days.

I came back home and met a changed man. He apologized for laying his hands on me. I still felt pain from the beating. He served me breakfast in bed. He would call me thrice while at work to know how I was faring. Knowing he was thinking of me while at work made me blush. He reminded me of the days we courted. I felt desired once again. I continued giving him the silent treatment for two weeks. I wanted to enjoy his affection while it lasted. I finally accepted his persistent apology.Our made up sex was fantastic. My satisfaction was his concern. He cuddled me afterwards. I have learnt that damaging what he cherishes most and receiving the beating of my life was the only way to get back the love we once had.It is a matter of time before he begins to ignore me again. Next time, I would break his car windscreen.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/12/17/before-you-blame-the-man/
next time you may not survive to tell the story.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:31am On Dec 22, 2020
etrange:
Those saying the woman might have led to that with her sharp mouth surprise me. Since when has it become right to beat up people cause they say what you don't want to hear? Or is it just cause you're stronger? If others beat you up each time you say what they don't want to hear, would you still be alive? If it were OK to hit anyone who says what what pisses us off, how would the world be? You think the man doesn't also say things that get on the woman's nerves?

This kind of response is the reason people don't speak up when they suffer domestic abuse. Nigerians love to blame the victim especially if the interest of their party would be protected while at it. Otherwise, why would anyone ever excuse domestic violence in this modern age? The situation of things in Africa makes me wonder if the continent is going forward or backward.
There are many women in this world.
The man probably saw and heard them before he selected his wife and married.
Those women all said rubbish that pissed off the man. That's why he didn't marry them. He married the one that said the things he likes very well.
However, now they're together in the house, she's now saying what he doesn't want to hear. Hence his anger. He has ended up marrying the same type of woman which he rejected before outside. (Should I say, " women are all the same? Your mother, sister, aunty, wife...)
This is the reason for his anger. He is betrayed.
-
The only solution for this is for the man to either marry anybody without expecting anything special.
Or right from the beginning expect his wife to be stupid and prepare his mind for the impending stupidity.
This is the importance of courtship. Decide what you will do WHEN the woman definitely pisses you off and if you know you will get violent, just DON'T MARRY.
Keep your prick in your pant and live celebrate life.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:38am On Dec 22, 2020
snowball11:
I will give him the beating of his life that will remind him of how not to beat a lady, no matter what! undecided
You will add more violence to a violent situation?
You will quench fire with petrol?
And when he brings out a gun and blows off your head what will happen?

Never approach a violent situation with more violence..
Devil exists and all he wants is for all human beings to eachother, break God's commandment and be condemned to hell fire for that.
Don't add to more stupidity.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:40am On Dec 22, 2020
Oesophagus99:
I know the type of sister wen I get...

I will grab the man and we will beat him up together and then I will call parents to intervene.

And when he dies, both of you will be charged for murder.
Tomorrow if she marries again, you will attend the wedding to see if you can kill the next husband?
Abi?

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:47am On Dec 22, 2020
hashtagged:

Your dad never hit your mom cause she was a good woman. That's why I said it depends on the reason why. I have seen some ladies slapping and trying to beat a man if he retaliates and beat the crap out of her is that wrong?. Its better to avoid violence, if she wanted to fight him I would just let them have their fill. But if he is beating her cause of an argument or cause of his mood I would break his bones.

Arguments are ok in marriage even if everyone is shouting as far as there is no violence if the lady decides to start hitting the man and he hits her back in retaliation I would give a fvck except he hits her first then I might fight for that lady

You people that will go to a man's house and beat the man in his own house again!!??. If he reverses and kills you nko?

In a boxing match, if one of the boxers starts to give the other one too much combo hits left and right, the referee jumps in the middle and STOPS the match. He doesn't add his own beating to the stronger one. His job is to meditate not to fight. And that is what you should do. MEDIATE.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:49am On Dec 22, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
First comot 2 of his front teeth angry
Because you assume you will be stronger than him?
If he is stronger than you nko? And he bashes your head? What next will you do?

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Sassyada1234(f): 3:50am On Dec 22, 2020
[quote author=TGON post=97307412] best comment by some distance..judging by the goings in nigeria, i can boldly say that africa is moving backwards on a very fastlane [Indeed, Africa is moving backwards. Reading through the comments proves that, a sad reality.]
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:52am On Dec 22, 2020
toscolee:
I will separate them from fighting.
I will talk to them, then buy biscuits for the kid.
This is only sensible answer in this thread.
Only you have chosen to approach violence with peace, hence de-escalating the highly tense situation.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Guestlander: 3:54am On Dec 22, 2020
Brandonx:

Excuse me ? Am I suppose to start fighting with her husband? undecided If you can't take it file for a divorce I'll only intervene if after the divorce the man went to her house to beat her up.

What a cop out. There's no appropriate place for a husband to brutalize his wife.
If you don't intervene, it could be the worst decision you have ever made.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 3:55am On Dec 22, 2020
TGON:
best comment by some distance..judging by the goings in nigeria, i can boldly say that africa is moving backwards on a very fastlane
People who politicise everything.
A situation is before you and you are talking about Africa. Was anybody born with Africa stuck up their ass? We were all born as individuals and face our challenges as individuals.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 4:01am On Dec 22, 2020
Angelfrost:
A real man never hits a woman, except in self defense.

To beat up my sister in my very presence shows 2 things: You have no regard for her, and none for her family... That's unacceptable in tradition and the law!

I can easily promise not send the idiot to the great beyond... But there will be blood.

He can write his statement and apologize from the ICU.
You see a violent situation and approach it with your own violence!?
How stupid..
What if the man escalates his own violence?
Then kills you and continues beating the woman? What would you have solved then?

Please always approach violence like a referee of a boxing match. Separate the two individuals. DO NOT FIGHT anybody. You have not tested your own fighting with the man before. He can have knife or gun or be stronger than you. He is in his domain, his house. YOU are NOT in your domain.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 4:10am On Dec 22, 2020
Guestlander:

What a cop out. There's no appropriate place for a husband to brutalize his wife.
If you don't intervene, it could be the worst decision you have ever made.
Intervene by separating the fight or beating.
Not by adding your own fighting.
Untrained people always think they are stronger than they actually are. And always get injured in the process.

David NEVER tried to fight Goliath. He would have just died instantly. Instead, with faith in God, he only focused on his one small catapult. That's his only power.

Approach violence with wisdom.
Separate husband and wife. Simple.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by jodeci(m): 4:10am On Dec 22, 2020
People are funny,u will beat up a man in his own house?

Your best bet is to intervene and douse the situation and when both parties are calm,you sit them down and talk to them.

Men should learn to control tensed situations rather than react to the situation,no matter whose ox is gored.

This is a husband and wife issue and it is happening un their home and not a neutral ground.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by uuzba(m): 4:13am On Dec 22, 2020
fapcrook:
I hate men who beat their wives no matter what
So how you know whom these men are?
Because they don't do this in public for you to see .
How do you know that your pastor, boss, oga, brother uncle....are not beating their wives and the wives are just NOT telling you?
How do you know who is who?
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Dollanaira: 4:18am On Dec 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by seanwilliam(m): 4:20am On Dec 22, 2020
thesicilian:

All your long story only serves to re-enforce the idea which can easily be obtained from your first two words: that you're a shameless human being and as despicable as the son of the woman who stood looking at you while you slapped his mother.
you honestly show me how dumb you’re today.. so so-disappointed you were one of the sound minds I did look out for in comments , I never knew most contributions from you are not your original words.. you’re very dull, simp and senseless. You can’t be a leader atall.. after reading the guy’s analysis, you still went ahead and posted this rubbish , oboy ,e b things for you.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by deltateam: 4:22am On Dec 22, 2020
Zzor:
shame shame shame,you can as well watch him kill her because she's in her husband's house.

You know nothing about marriage.

You will forever be in their bad books once they reconcile.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by seanwilliam(m): 4:25am On Dec 22, 2020
shantti:

U dont make valid points in an argument by being abstract, u've made no logical point here and yet u are maintaning a stand, and for the record, i will slap ur mother in ur presence if she slaps me first, if u think say u get craze and dare try to fight me back, ur guidian angel will no longer recognize u from what i will do to you, he will have to leave u and go guide another person
you’re very sensible . You’re direct, brutal and discerning.. I’m wowed by your original comment .. you shouldn’t have deleted it jare ..
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by seanwilliam(m): 4:46am On Dec 22, 2020
NobleRace:

Seems, you do not understand that raising a hand against a hoary head for whatever reason is a curse.

If the woman you slapped is an elderly woman, you missed it. Perhaps, if you mom slaps you for the wrong reason, you'll return it.

The repercussions include:

1. The young shall not attain the age of the person he/she slapped.

2. Young people will slap him too in future.

3. Number 1 above could extend into his generation. His/her children may die before attaining the age of the aged woman slapped.

Ask God for mercy. You should have allowed God to vindicate you instead. God does not overlook assaults against the aged.

May you find mercy, and may your life be prolonged. May you not die before your time.
amen to all your prayer but you made no points
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Jaqenhghar: 4:55am On Dec 22, 2020
banmee:

Can you imagine the rubbish this guy wrote? So you would willingly allow anyone to put hands on your sister. What kind of people roam this earth?
This doesnt surprise me. With the nonsense I see here I am not surprised.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Hushbebe: 4:56am On Dec 22, 2020
Offpoint1:
Get their wedding CD, play and fast forward to the part the pastor was saying... -"for better for worse, in sickness and in health... " then skip to the part she say "Yes, I do"... Then get cold teem soda from the freezer and relax my soul... For what God has joined together, let no man put sand sand.

The last time I interfered in married people wahala, I go scar while the two where MOANING loud the next day afternoon while I was GROANING in pain.

The best help I could offer here based on the illustrative picture... Is to take the kid out and get him one sachet of Chelsea to help him erase the sad memories.

Your Monica says it all " Off Point". I give you 1like for your creativity.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Geofavor(m): 4:58am On Dec 22, 2020
Drsnives:

I know my sister very well that's my I fit go any length for her..if she na the wayward type I go just try settle the issue then japa
You lack wisdom. You and most guys commenting here.
It doesn't matter who is at fault. It's a marriage -- her marriage, not yours. On no grounds should you interfer. She made the decision to get married to that man. Whatever she gets from it is on her, not on you. This is why they took an oath.

Your options are to suggest to your sis to call it quits or try to settle the matter.

Surely, you can't expect the marriage to go on accordingly after beating up the husband.

The solution to domestic violence is not the introduction of external violence. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by etrange: 5:04am On Dec 22, 2020
uuzba:

There are many women in this world.
The man probably saw and heard them before he selected his wife and married.
Those women all said rubbish that pissed off the man. That's why he didn't marry them. He married the one that said the things he likes very well.
However, now they're together in the house, she's now saying what he doesn't want to hear. Hence his anger. He has ended up marrying the same type of woman which he rejected before outside. (Should I say, " women are all the same? Your mother, sister, aunty, wife...)
This is the reason for his anger. He is betrayed.
-
The only solution for this is for the man to either marry anybody without expecting anything special.
Or right from the beginning expect his wife to be stupid and prepare his mind for the impending stupidity.
This is the importance of courtship. Decide what you will do WHEN the woman definitely pisses you off and if you know you will get violent, just DON'T MARRY.
Keep your prick in your pant and live celebrate life.

Thanks for the response. While I clearly see your point, I do have a little issue with your perspective, if you don't mind. Your write up just presents the man as the infallible one and the woman as the only possible source of disagreement. You never even considered the possibility of the man being the menace in the relationship. You make it look like the woman is some product you buy and later get disappointed by its performance. It didn't occur to you that the woman also had expectations or that men also have the tendency to annoy or provoke thier wives? It didn't occur to you that she might be shouting cause her man she thought was different ended up cheating like the rest? Should we also say all men are the same? To me, a man who hits a woman is simply violent and has the tendency to be a street fighter. I know one wife beater and he would easily charge against fellow guys he felt he was bigger than.

I'm not shielding women, I'm only saying they come with expectations that also need to be managed and we must consider both parties if we're being objective here. The way we bring up kids in Africa results in women growing into mature home keepers while men mostly grow with their boyish attitudes (coming home later, drinking, throwing clothes and shoes around, playing video games, etc). While women have come to accept this nurture, they still have thier limit and that limit varies from one lady to another. For some, you can do anything you want but don't cheat. For others, you have to be a bit more responsible or the nagging might kick in. So instead of saying men should expect the possibility of stupidity from women (that statement reeks of superiority complex, lol), a better way to put it would be that men should pay attention to how tolerant their women are to their excesses while women learn to set their priorities right. I agree courtship helps to curtail some of these things.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by seanwilliam(m): 5:05am On Dec 22, 2020
If I was the one , I’ll try separate the fight amicably. I won’t even take the kids away, cos marriage people no be am.. I can’t be fighting another man in his domain .. what if I get killed in the process ?
and if someone’ slaps my mama, I will still settle it amicably. In as much as she was at fault.. and even if was not at fault, I’ll play a role of Jesus Christ , what if the opponent is much more stronger than I am? It will be a case of ‘ he beat the mother and him pikin join ‘ cheesy if instablog kon carry am we don be for us grin

My mom is actually a peace maker so I kinda doubt if she would get into a fight not to talk of getting beaten up .

And if my wife provokes me, I will not beat her , but I will just give her a two or three resounding slaps to make her head correct , then I’ll commot for house for two weeks straight,

I’m a lover of peace jare

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by eejo(m): 5:06am On Dec 22, 2020
This is my reaction to post leave them to solve their marital issues. This story is true and it happened in Central Nigeria. A man went to see her Sister only to discover that the Husband was beating her with dangerous materials which resulted in injuries. The Man called his Siblings and they engaged the Sister's Husband in a free for all fight which lasted for 30 minutes. When the dust settles the Husband was confirmed dead. The family is now divided as the Sister is accusing the Brother of killing her Husband.
Re: How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? by Frankcallys(m): 5:10am On Dec 22, 2020
I can tolerate anything but not when men abuse their wife, girlfriend or female partner like this. My sister being abused like this with her son watching and I walked in? Hell No!!!

That man will regret ever lifting his finger on my sister. I will tell him a story he wouldn't like to hear ever again in his damn life. I don't care who he is, he surely will feel the crazy side of me. I will tell him that story and trust me, after hearing it, he won't lay a finger on his wife again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I'm A 102-Year-Old — Good Sex Is My Secret To A Long Life / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.