Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) (47028 Views)

I Killed This Snake Today At The Office. / I Killed This Snake In My Compound This Night (Photo) / I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Scetrocom: 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
pocohantas:

You say?? That is a cobra na. It is not poisonous per say, it is venomous. Two different things.

Modified: My Oga @Grandmeistèr said that is not a cobra OP. Bring it to the lab for physical examination.

This is isan or ogba in Yoruba, not cobra. If it bites a person, the victim will be sleeping for some days until the venom is finished from his system. The snake itself was probably sleeping or enjoy sunlight( which it likes) when it was killed. It doesn't make attempt to attack unless it is blocked from escaping.

3 Likes

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Be it venomous or not I can't stand the sight of snakes........OP you did a great job killing it.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
Christmas meat don sure 4 u. cool
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
All snake na snake oooh as long as it is a snake
Kill first and ask questions later abeg
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by isahsalee: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Man continue refusing to FORGIVE snake the DEVIL.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by 001spice: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
You have nutin else to use as an example na dick ur mind go straight. Spoil brat. That dick must get inside 2nite.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Sanchez01: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:
Really don't know if it's poisonous or not but I was lucky enough to put an end to this particular reptile that have been parading in my Honey bee farm for a while now.

Went to check on my bees this afternoon and I noticed a slight move in the grass...Lo and behold...na this weekend neighbour that have been feasting on my bees for a while now...na stick wey I carry finish the thing head.

Non-venomous. Just one of those egg eating, lesser animal eating snake.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
the snake looks Scarry, but beautiful
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by goody234: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
That is a tree snake not venomous ..snakes only attack when threatened ..The venom is used to paralyse their pray it is also used to break down the body matter to make it easier to digest..
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
Wartsnigeria:

Forget what you see in movies, even if you didn't see it first, it won't attack you, they usually try to hide when they sight humans or runaway.
You may be right.
I once had an encounter with a cobra, that was the scariest moment of my life.....I was under a tree reading a novel without knowing a king cobra was right behind me, about 18inches close to my leg. I heard a slight sound and turned to see what was behind me and behold it was a cobra positioned to strike........I got up suddenly and ran for my life, what surprised me was why it didn't strike. A friend told me it was because I wasn't moving my legs so the snake didn't feel threatened.

I don't think snakes attack humans that much, if they do we would be hearing of snake bites on daily basis.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by bluefilm: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:
Really don't know if it's poisonous or not but I was lucky enough to put an end to this particular reptile that have been parading in my Honey bee farm for a while now.

Went to check on my bees this afternoon and I noticed a slight move in the grass...Lo and behold...na this weekend neighbour that have been feasting on my bees for a while now...na stick wey I carry finish the thing head.

Guy you are very lucky o!

That looks like Forest Cobra.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:

Which state do you live in bro?
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
pocohantas:

You say?? That is a cobra na. It is not poisonous per say, it is venomous. Two different things.

Modified: My Oga @Grandmeistèr said that is not a cobra OP. Bring it to the lab for physical examination.

That’s not a cobra. Stop giving people wrong information. If you don’t know something please keep quiet.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by ABSTRUSE: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
sod09:

Check your dictionary
Venomous is different from poisonous

They are the same thing
Stop misleading people

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Starships4u(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:

This particular snake hides under low grass... Commonly found in the south western part of the country... Sorry I nor know the name...
Just like the snake... Love playing with em...
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
pegix:
Is that a MAMBA snake? sad
If yes that's a really old one( the length nd d side of d skull(
They dont belong to the spitting genus...but their venom are quite deadly( moderately venomous)
A drop from d fang can kill a child
2 Drops is enough to kill an adult

Please keep quiet next time if you don’t know what it is. Stop talking in nonsense, it’s really irritating and annoying at same time. Makes me feel like slapping you so badly angry
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by pegix(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

Please keep quiet next time if you don’t know what it is. Stop talking in nonsense, it’s really irritating and annoying at same time. Makes me feel like slapping you so badly angry
so u that knw what it is
Could u pls tell us
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
pocohantas:

It's not a cobra and it is not a venomous snake. Shape of head/eyes, no noticeable fangs
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by mozona(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
food is ready...

u dont need to buy any meat for xmas again
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by tyup(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:

Thanks for the exposition.....I really thank God I saw it first...It was hiding in the grasses...it's just the slight movement that got my attention before I had to look closely to see what is beneath the grass.

Don't mind her that snake is not Cobra and it's a non venomous Brown house snake that can't harm you
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
pocohantas:

What snake is it then? E get big eye and e resemble cobra for my eye. Maybe a boomslang.

that's a harmless garter snake.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by godofuck231: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Tree mamba , deadly as lie Mohammed’s lies , feeds on birds and rodents mostly , especially if birds feed on the bees , lucky you

2 Likes

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
I hate this animal so much I don't like seeing it, not even it's picture
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by jumper524(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
daddytime:
Rat snake
u dey think jare. that snake is far from cobra. it has a friendly skin colour unlike cobra.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Trustedpro: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
If you are planning to run a poultry farm and you don't want disturbance from friends asking you for free eggs or chicken thieves...just put a Sign post. SNAKE FARM. The witch in your street will even be scared of you. Try it.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
kalvoken:
This snake hardly bites. ones it sees you, it will run so fast that you may not even see it. It lays egg.
Hehn. Agreed It hardly bites. But if it bites you die sad
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by CaIIMeAthena(f): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
kalvoken:
This snake hardly bites. ones it sees you, it will run so fast that you may not even see it. It lays egg.
it is even non venomous and rarely bites
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Oxb90: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
MrHighSea:
beautiful
whaaat
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by arantess: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
BlessedNuel:

Round head
Non venomous, the snake just dey find choppings
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
Damnnnn spitting cobra. You are lucky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

kite-flyers: When Was The Last Time You Saw This In Your Area? / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.