Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why Buhari Over Ribadu? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Over Ribadu? (2482 Views)

Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Fayose Warns Apc And Buhari Over Attacks On pres. Jonathan / Northern Youths Challenge Buhari Over Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by sam79(m): 12:01am On Mar 28, 2011
Am delighted dat nigerians can still thru d PDP smoke cloud.
GEJ should know that power belong 2 d people not thieves sorry, PDP members.

the ease at which he compromises with the corrupt PDP cabals is unprecedented in Nigeria history
BB has my vote!
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by MaiSuya(m): 12:12am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Plurality is all that is necessary, unfortunately. One doesn't need an outright majority.

Buhari needs to get more votes in the 1st round to have a chance.

I agree.

25% of votes in 24 states--most likely GEJ, given the better structure across the states,

overall highest number--likely Buhari

next step: run off.

I know it's unlikely now, but was still hoping on some kind of alliance between them. That I believe would be the only way to get an outright victory in the first round, i.e combination of overal highest votes plus the 25%.
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by doctorT(m): 4:55am On Mar 28, 2011
Thank God that Nigerians can at least decide to vote out the rubbish party PDP,

On Buhari and Ribadu, I will go for Buhari because I believe he can stand on his own without compromise, Ribadu got it wrong running on ACN because Tinubu to me knows that Ribadu cannot win the election.

I will just beg us to please instead of splitting our votes to the gain of PDP, let's just vote for BUHARI and let PDP be kicked out. Nigeria shall flourish again.
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by sbeezy8: 4:58am On Mar 28, 2011
Mai Suya:

I agree.

25% of votes in 24 states--most likely GEJ, given the better structure across the states,
overall highest number--likely Buhari

next step: run off.

I know it's unlikely now, but was still hoping on some kind of alliance between them. That I believe would be the only way to get an outright victory in the first round, i.e combination of overal highest votes plus the 25%.

becomin preisdent in Nigeria is too easy
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by Onlytruth(m): 7:50am On Mar 28, 2011
Let me burst y'all bubbles.
There is no way PDP will let this go for run off. The key is the first vote, and Buhari cannot get 25% in 27 states in Nigeria because it means that a SE or SS state gave him that.
Frankly I don't see it happening.

If he cannot win outright the first time, he cannot win. Period. cool
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by Demdem(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2011
i have absolutely nothing against Ribadu but i have my fears about him that makes me prefer Buhari.

1) I see him as someone under Tinubu's leash. believe me, it may be difficult to escape from such.
2) i still believe he has a soft spot for the ruling PDP party. After being chased from the country during yaradua's time, this same govt (GEJ) brought him back and i think pardoned him (if at all he committed any offence in the first instance).
3) i for one wants to know what has happened so far to all the funds expended on the power project all these years. The Yaradua govt did probe but no serious results from them. Buhari has promised that he will but Ribadu seems not interested.

Above all, i need a President with no strings attached. Some1 that has no leash on his neck. GEJ definately doesnt fit into such, Ribadu i fear has some level in my own estimation but in Buhari i see a very independent person who has no one to report to but the Nigerian public.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Why Buhari Over Ribadu? by proudly9ja(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
Demdem:

i have absolutely nothing against Ribadu but i have my fears about him that makes me prefer Buhari.

1) I see him as someone under Tinubu's leash. believe me, it may be difficult to escape from such.
2) i still believe he has a soft spot for the ruling PDP party. After being chased from the country during yaradua's time, this same govt (GEJ) brought him back and i think pardoned him (if at all he committed any offence in the first instance).
3) i for one wants to know what has happened so far to all the funds expended on the power project all these years. The Yaradua govt did probe but no serious results from them. Buhari has promised that he will but Ribadu seems not interested.

Above all, i need a President with no strings attached. Some1 that has no leash on his neck. GEJ definately doesnt fit into such, Ribadu i fear has some level in my own estimation but in Buhari i see a very independent person who has no one to report to but the Nigerian public.

Just my 2 cents.

like they say on Nairaland, GBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office / Breaking News:plane Carrying 152 People Crashes In Lagos / The Fear Of Boko Haram ( PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.