Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? (30441 Views)

Patricia Converts Customers’ Assets To Tokens, Repayment Tied To Profitability / Seyi Tinubu: ‘You Have Achieved Once You Are Able To Start A Business' / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Leezah(f): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Oktane:
The topic of this thread interests me a lot.

But I would prefer that those posting should emphasize how they overcame the natural start out fear, inertia and the despair that comes with the first few years of realising that the actual results are far from expectations.

It would also be nice to hear how they kept their eyes on the goal despite all odds.
F-False
E-Exepectation
A-Appearing
R-Real

Be dogged, rugged and tough
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Edward1994: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hello guys please anyone with an idea about nylon recycling business. Like how much can one invest minimum and also the pay back to be expected
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Gloriouspa(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2020
Doyin400l:
Nice thread.

I would advice up and coming business starter to first do feasibility study of their market. Be sure to have the startving crowd in your location.

In all my life I have been earning online as a freelancer. And still earning.

But I don't usually go out that much. This gave people the idea that, maybe I'm into yahoo.

In 2021, I want go offline to start a business or a shop too (FMCG) preferably.

Nice thread though

I don't know if possible I can learn from your wealth of experience in freelancing. I want to combine it with my offline horticulture works as well. I can write content/article. My contact is on my signature. Thanks.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by jovijovi: 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Make 5-8k daily SELLING Nylon

Our Factory is located in Ogun /Lagos axis.

We need black Nylon(small and big) distributors or wholesalers Nationwide

You can check my signature and what's app me
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Omolayo18(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2021
I'm about to get a bike for logistics and I need all the help I can get about the fee involved in registering the bike here in Lagos.
Thanks in advance.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by haryorlee(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Brother, can we talk on Whatsapp? There is something i would like to ask you
BlessedNuel:
Thanks for sharing bro....the bigger you I pray.

Am a student and also a honey bee farmer.

Learnt the skills from my dad....he is a bee farmer too but as the firstborn and first son...I dey very close to him...we go to the farm together,that time...bees dey yakpa me but I didn't give up.

I learnt so many things from dad which I am using to manage my own farm currently.

Talking about the sales....it was something else..(being a mechanical engineering student and my school UNN wey be "No - Nonsense kinda institution"wink when I started, people didn't trust me much then...Waybills was war for me...I do travel back home more often to check on my farm......but with time,I built strong buyer-seller relationship with many people.

One thing you all should know is this...there is no shortcut to heaven.

Nothing good comes easy....no be say I dey hardworking pass but nature always give us unlimited opportunities which are invariably limited to an extent.

Anything that you are doing in this life,keep your hands clean...don't cheat people no matter what,what goes around comes around.

Be real and transparent in your doings....heaven will surely come thru for you.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by yusluvad(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
Informative, illuminative and educative thread. I've learn and gotten some knowledge by reading this thread from pages 1-7. All I can say is kudos to the business moguls and personnels that took time to educate other aspiring entrepreneurs without mincing things/words.

God bless everyone on here...
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Onyxunlimited(f): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
kingimmade:

this link isn't working, can u drop sth else
PM u tho, kindly reply
I'm just seeing this now. The class is over but there will be another one towards the end of this month. I will let you know when the class is ready.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Onyxunlimited(f): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
objohn:

the link isn't going
I'm just seeing this now. The class is over but there will be another one towards the end of this month. I will let you know when the class is ready.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by SavageResponse(m): 3:29am On Jan 06, 2021
wisdomiskey:
I'm yet to see any useful tips undecided
People are generally greedy when it comes to sharing their secrets of success.

It's a normal phenomenon...that's the reason why one should be wary when a person peddling a get-rich-quick scheme approaches you with an offer that is too good to be true
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by SavageResponse(m): 3:34am On Jan 06, 2021
Spectrum22:
I need advice on how to manage my workers.

They steal, they lie, they waste resources. They try to manipulate the records, they take advantage of my tiredness after I close from my place of work.

I never knew my staff were going to be my greatest challenge. It's so frustrating.

I really need help from the more experienced business men.

An average Nigerian employee is dishonest and will try to steal from you the first chance he gets even when he know you're paying him more that his contemporaries doing the same job in other companies.

Your solution is to reduce your period of absence and try to find ways to keep track of sales and stock in your business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by SavageResponse(m): 3:37am On Jan 06, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:

I wish I can answer this but this is a trolling/criticizing account.

Maybe I will try logging in with the other account and drop a reply.

So you have two accounts for different purposes Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? grin
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by onyeomanono24(f): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
Charpell:

Alright, I see your determination. I may consider opening a free mentorship slot come January.

If there is one thing I was though in Andela, is to give back knowledge and mentorship. If i can get 20 serious people with PC and are determined, I may just mentor for free again.

cc Hannania Erojepromise

Interested
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by NoLotty7(m): 12:57am On Jan 07, 2021
HalpyBee:
Know yourself, your true motivational level, the amount of money you can risk, and what you're willing to do to be successful.
Sure, we all want to make millions of naira. But what are you willing to give up to reach that goal? How many hours a week will you work on an ongoing basis? How far out of your comfort zone are you willing to stretch?
To be successful, keep your business plans in line with your personal goals and resources.
Your words are deep,brave woman.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by HalpyBee(f): 4:40am On Jan 07, 2021
NoLotty7:
Your words are deep,brave woman.
smiley
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 11:09am On Jan 07, 2021
uthlaw:
number 4 all d way!
yes no 4... but is not as easy as it seem... I have this on mind too, but someone need to show practical example of how it been done... are you into it already? can we talk more about it?
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2021
ujonwe:
I'm a medical Laboratory Scientist, I studied in one of the best private schools in Nigeria, after graduation, it took me 2 years before I could do my internship as it was a guarantee before NYSC, it was in my 2 years of Idleness that I came across these books, "Change your way Change your thinking", "goals"by Brian Tracy, Rich Dad poor Dad, by Robert Kiyoserki.
This books Changed my life, I got cool business Ideas from these books but was not certain on the path to follow until my service year in 2018.
I was fortunate to belong to AGRO-ALLIED SAED group.
A thought came to me that my family are Agrarians with vast virgin land most of which are swampy soil. Infact with the money I saved in my internship year and the knowledge I got from NYSC-SAED, I ventured into Rice farming, storage and processing as well as poultry farming, I got a financial breakthrough because of President Muhammad
Buhari's policy on Agriculture.
Starting a business venture is not without it's challenges but what is important is the zeal to never give up, dedication, persistency and goodwill.
I hardly have time to apply for white collar job, but I told myself that if I must work for someone, it must be the federal government in a federal hospital. Until then, farming all the way..... cheesy
u have few questions I needed to ask you, can I send dm please?
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 11:47am On Jan 07, 2021
ikmontana:
Life no easy.
I started my grocery/foodstuff biz last yr March 2019 wit #1m tho I had #2.3m at hand n due to covid-19 there was increased sales dis year so I was able to add selling wholesale drinks August dis year. I tink I v made ova #2m in profit, I am frugal to an extent, I don't spend on clothes n stuff but I spend well on food.
I tink d things dat v helped me are:
1) Good location. (my store is by a major road close to where I live)
2) I stay in my parents Haus so I don't pay rent.
3) I open everyday even on Sundays even on festive period, since d day I started d biz last yr March I v missed only 2 days of biz n d 3weeks wen I went for camp service last yr august but my dad n sales gal monitored d biz while I was gone.
4) I cut out a lot of expenses, dont use an Android phone, so no subscription, bfre I can subscribe 1k twice every month.
5) Trust nobody wit ur biz, nobody can handle ur biz like u.
6) am gud in d biz because I was born into it, my mom also sells foodstuff/grocery.
7) pipu say it's a woman biz, but I don't care cos I mk over #100k profit every month, I spend over #30k on food every month, I won't say don't listen to pipu cos sometimes they might b right, but think hard bfre u mk a decision wit any step in life, e no easy I swr.
Am a graduate, I went for nysc last yr August at kwara, redeployed wit 40k, finish service dis yr July, so allawee helped.
wen I started my biz last yr, my net worth was ard #2.3m, currently am worth ova #4m. I shud b worth more Dan dat but because I used ard #2m to buy land n start building 2flats of 3bedroom per unit last yr, d Haus is at lintel level.
Right now am using my sis phone to comment.
D capital was gotten Tru savings bfre I got admission into d University in 2015 cos I was frugal, I opened my first instant acct 2012, so any money I get I save, u will b amazed wat #50 every day will mk in a yr, invested in t-bills in 2017 wen interest was ard 14% to boost savings.
can I send you pm, please I need some mentoring
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2021
Doyin400l:
Nice thread.

I would advice up and coming business starter to first do feasibility study of their market. Be sure to have the startving crowd in your location.

But I don't usually go out that much. This gave people the idea that, maybe I'm into yahoo.

Nice thread though
God lead us through bro. please if you wouldn't mind. have you know how to go about in dealing FMCG products.. please I want to learn the tading
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Doyin400l:
Nice thread.

Nice thread though
God lead us through bro. please if you wouldn't mind. have you know how to go about in dealing FMCG products.. please I want to learn the trading
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by joyousever(f): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
So sorry about your nasty experiences. Such is our Naija environment and the typical mentality of get- rich- quick fraudulent employees.
Dpharisee:
I am combining my business with 8-5 job and it has not been easy, my staff have made every effort to frustrate me, that's the greatest problem of business in Nigeria (getting trustworthy personell).
I have had to change staff at different times still they are not sincere, they just want to cheat the system even though I don't delay salary by even a day and I can't quit my job now to stay in the shop permanently.
I even engaged my brother to run the business it became worse as he won't give proper record, telling me how he sold on credit to customers and he started living large.

If you are not the one running the business directly day to day or don't have a strict line of control as a medium range organisation it's not very advisable to venture into it.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by joyousever(f): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
You have many options. You could go into wholesale of fast moving consumables- what people use every day. You could set up a bakery, a sachet/ bottled water factory, a Nairabet shop etc. I know exactly what to do with such money to yield maximum returns on a regular basis.

Paxxcarl:
what business can i venture into to be earning 300k monthly from a capital of 3million naira
i have been buying real estates land and i’m down to my last 4million
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by joyousever(f): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Go into plantain farming, it's highly profitable. Hire farmers to do the tilling and planting, as well as any other manual labour, while you do the inspection. At the end of 10-11months, you'll start harvesting the yields for sales.
nazicartel:
I have been given a family land, in a very good place, the issue is that I want to venture into agriculture especially plantation, but I still don't know how to go about it

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by ikmontana(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
kizwid:

can I send you pm, please I need some mentoring
no problem
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by bamidele89: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Very informative thread
Please I really wish to go into baby diaper business mostly sourcing from China
Please anybody who can tutor me on how to make business strategies on this as am starting on low scale
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
ikmontana:
no problem
Thank you.. I sent it, also that whasap number.. you can add me up, I need to ask some questions
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by harpy4(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
smsinnigeria:
Hard work pays.

How much per unit? I'm very much interested. You can leave ur WhatsApp contact if u prefer we converse privately.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by smsinnigeria(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
harpy4:

How much per unit? I'm very much interested. You can leave ur WhatsApp contact if u prefer we converse privately.
08038992292 WhatsApp
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by ikmontana(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2021
kizwid:

Thank you.. I sent it, also that whasap number.. you can add me up, I need to ask some questions
bro, am not online for now, I use a small phone, am sorry. I use my sis phone to browse, u cud ask me questions here, I will reply.
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by kizwid(m): 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
ikmontana:
bro, am not online for now, I use a small phone, am sorry. I use my sis phone to browse, u cud ask me questions here, I will reply.
alright, thanks bro... as a guy and a graduate what challenges ones should expect? , what advice can you give some who have the mind to go into such business and where can one get right plug to buy from?
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by Sheyhunn(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Do you wish to do a POS Business and don't know how to go about it?
You can get a POS for yourself within just two days with no extra charges.
For more enquires, contact:
Tel. 08077174140
Email: info@jessefieldmfb.com
Re: How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? by SaintUlot: 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
JayDaily:
well let me answer this.

Had a relation who was so much into sports betting, lost so much, he was a *siful safant*...

as soon as his salary drops, uncle has a sure game already...

before you know, few days after salary, he quarreling with his family and every one, due to frustration from loosing his bet, he was almost always bitter.

Along the line he met a guy in a viewing center around GRA ph. they got talking and got acquainted and that was it.

Guy was a full time into sports and making good off it.

Carried uncle siful safant along and with time, there was changes.

soon Uncle wasn't bitter anymore and everyone was happy with his new self.

I met him in 2015 to show me the way, and he kept me hanging till 2016.

2016 January I almost killed him with disturbance because it wasn't easy for me then.

uncle told me what's up, ask for a 100k capital which I provided and that was it.

along 2017, a strategy was discovered, which we imputed into the system and today we are making more.

so 3 years down the line by Devine grace I'm now contented.

so it hasn't been easy but there's certainly no regrets today.

PS.

Im not promoting this because it can be huge loss when you don't know what you doing.

this has now been a full time business to me and our small circle.

Nobody should fall for this JayDaily 's scam, he is a confirmed scammer. Don't say i don't warn you ooo

https://www.nairaland.com/6361535/jaydaily-confirmed-scammer-isaiah-jeremiah

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.