Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred (33447 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
lol y'all really looking serious on this shyt grin grin
Cuz of 32k? You think say CBN dem get your time
They do bro. I'm talking from experience. It may take up to a month, but they will refund the money

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by 400billionman: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2020
Nigerian bankers are shameless.

The worst bank I have visited is STANBIC.

Stop using useless banks with useless names.

To your matter, do you know that the face of that fraudster is clearly showing on his account mandate ? The fraudster's address is showing on his account mandate and easy to find is the fraudster's phone number which is also displayed on his account mandate, yet they say they cannot do anything.

How can you say you are protecting your customers yet, a customer reported a crime and you opt to do nothing about it ? You are simply protecting a fraudster, not a customer.

Poster, let me inform you that it is a member of staff that took your money. The guy must have been closing work and by 8pm, entered the bank app and debited you, only staff have such privileges. Corporate governance is very low in many Nigerian institutions. What you reported cannot happen in a bank like UBA.

Chose your bankers wisely.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by newinventions: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2020
I think UBA is the best bank to bank with. 17k was transferred from my account. I filed a report and filled a charge back form.

One month after the money was transferred back to my account.

UBA will go any length for their customers.

Same thing happened to my GTbank account but I couldn't get back my money.

Las las I blocked my cards and got new ones.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Awoo88: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2020
Go to one of this reality radio program like bereke family. you will get a call from them even before the end of the program. Calling them out is the only way to get your money

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by bjjbam: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2020
Go and lodge a complaint at CBN, trust me Sterling will pay ur money back fast.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LeitaP: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2020
Do you use onepay app or internet banking, Seems to me the thief got hold of login details then transferred from your sterling bank account.

Just thinking. I guess he got hold of your atm details and then registered the app on his phone.
Am not a sterling bank user, don't know if there is onepay app. Just giving my thoughts

dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

32,000 naira was just debited from my akannnt..
abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

note this word o recipient bank!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LeitaP: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2020
Guess you change your logins if you using onepay internet banking or go to them to deactivate it

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Theboss100(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2020
bluefilm:

My happiness right now is that his nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.
GTB are trying in that regard. I use mobile banking for all my banking needs. I hardly use ATM for transaction this days
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by 400billionman: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by naijaboy756: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2020
sylve11:

hmmmm cool
are u one?
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nickshrapnel: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2020
If you want to transact in a pos stand, let them do it in your presence.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Invite some bloggers, Tv & radio personnels. Tell them that you're going to a certain bank to commit suicide and they'll rush over. Go to the bank and misbehave real good. Bank managers hate embarrassment. On seeing the media guys, they'll oblige to ur demand. Make sure u shout on top of ur voice.
I hope you've DEMOLITION MAN by Wesley Snipes. Display such character. O serey

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2020
Theben:

Oga, you indirectly gave out your card number and pin to the fraudster the very day you chose to use POS from unknown store.

Next time, be mindful of where you insert your card. Nigerian fraudsters no longer dupe Oyinbos. They have obviously run out of idea to defraud the whites. They are back home doing what you all encouraged them to do back then. the victims are now us Nigerians. pele
Gbam!! The sad truth, as you have rightly asserted, they encouraged them when they were scamming the Oyinbos. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by odimbannamdi(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2020
homealone00:
safe not save

You are also not correct. There should be a comma after the "safe" you corrected him with. Like this: "Safe, not save".

Someone is in distress and, instead, you chose to be petty... angry

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by sylve11: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2020
eddynaira125:
Flesh did not reveal this to you, but a pure spirit did

grin cool
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Report to central bank of Nigeria consumer protection department, Google and find their email then mail with all evidence of that fraudulent transaction.

As for sterling bank, they dont need customers that's shy its called the one customer bank. Stupid people.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by ElGood: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2020
bluefilm:

My happiness right now is that his nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.

I am currently I have same issues with my GTBank account. There was an unauthorised withdrawal from my account on the 13/12/2020.
I complained to GTBank. The said it will take 90 days to resolve and my ATM card was blocked.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Kalaba(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical question

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

From your narrative, your card details is very much private and secured. So, this can only be a post error either from a staff testing a software or purely software malfunction. This is very common with some of these 'smaller banks' and the customer agent attending to you might know this but wouldn't want you to know that, as you might escalate the issue.

This kind of error is usually difficult to reverse, the receiver must be notified, and he will choose to pay at his convenience that's if he has spent the money.

If it was to be a huge some (1m and above), the bank will have to involve efcc, police to go after the receiver, even at that, the receiver still has the right to pay at his own pace.

If you were to be a public figure or a first class citizen, highest the bank will do is to harass the receiver with the police, detain and force the money out.

Sorry bro, but hold the bank responsible.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by sylve11: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2020
OmodavidoX:

And I will advise anyone never to use their atm card on pos, the best thing is to transfer to them

Left for me, if pos people can’t accept transfer. I am not doing then

It is well

na so....... cool
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Mydazz(m): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2020
yomi007k:
1. Email the bank of the fraudster.
Cc info@efccnigeria.org
Cc anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng.

2. Attach evidence of the fraud.

Apart from this make it trend on Twitter,.... copy influencers and beg people to retweet, start one hashtag for this cause and I'm sure they will respond, even if they have to pay neck from their pocket. Also put the recipients name in your tweets too. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by simplesearch: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2020
Had similar issue not long ago though it was a failed transaction, they however debited me and refuse to reverse it. They thought they could play smart on me by telling me the transaction was successful, but for where I showed them pepper. My hard earn money, me wey i no dey steal or cheat you would now debit me and thereafter put up a cold face as if I was begging for money or seeking a loan, no way! I almost literally killed them with mail, lastly i threaten to escalate the issue not long after they credit my account back. Funny enough I refuse to thank them till date, cos they seriously don't deserve any of it. @OP Keep at it, and escalate with evidence that they are teaming together to protect the identity of the fraudster involved. Also let them know that with BVN technology they can actually track down his account with other banks and from their transfer back your money to you, its that simple!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by GMBuhari: 11:53am On Dec 22, 2020
whoever did it must have withdrawn from a state, if he /she withdrew with POS , sterling will know if it was atm withdrawal they will know

this is exactly what i said about Nigeria being rigged to work against you in every way

on a very good day, bank , an authority could notify lagos police and / or efcc with recipient's details , those ones would radio bayelsa or where ever the withdrawal was made , those bayelsa police would authoritatively demand atm machine cctv footage ( if it was withdrawn via atm) review the time and match a face to the crime , if it was POS , the details on the recipient account definitely includes passport and kyc details , Police could use that to trace the criminal / or accomplice and within a week , suspect arrested, money refunded if possible and the criminal sent to fraud for wire fraud or conspiracy

It is not that hard people , but instead police will ask you to pay 10 upfront and still won't do anything

with this my analysis if police could do that, i am pretty sure people(Victims) will thank Police with monetary gifts ( that they aren't supposed to collect according to constitution) it will make you proud of your police force, you will feel elated and justified

Instead our cursed bank, cursed police, cursed EFCC will rather protect the suspect and leave Victim to the suffering

rtdCivilservant:

The criminal must have collected ur atm details at one of the places u used ur card on their pos, this is one major risk in pos transactions. Whenever u use ur card on a pos, don't let them get hold of ur card too much or if possible handle ur card ursef. The idiot either transferred ur money to someone in Bayelsa or to his own account, he doesn't necessarily has to be in Bayelsa, perhaps he opened the account in Bayelsa and resides now in same state as u.
Major suspects: All the people u have used ur card on their pos.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Asianjollof007: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias

Bro please take this thing to twitter, I take God beg you. Once it gets to twitter, they'll address this issue.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2020
Op..what the bank told you,may be true...Nowadays people cannot be trusted, you may keep your card to wherever you like,but remember that one point or the other,you did some transaction ,either from online or offline.. One of them is fraudster that sent that ATM code number to hack on it..That is y,I don't like P.O.S,I prefer ATM..at least it save small..just be careful next time..I pray they refund the cash back to you..sorry for the pain/loss..
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2020
fados4sure:

They do bro. I'm talking from experience. It may take up to a month, but they will refund the money
Don't mind that ignorant individual, that is the mentality of most Nigerians.

It is CBN's responsibilties to make sure this kinda cases are dealt with appropriately and your money returned, yes, it may take months.

Most nigerians do not know their basic rights.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by lapazi(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

The criminal must have collected ur atm details at one of the places u used ur card on their pos, this is one major risk in pos transactions. Whenever u use ur card on a pos, don't let them get hold of ur card too much or if possible handle ur card ursef. The idiot either transferred ur money to someone in Bayelsa or to his own account, he doesn't necessarily has to be in Bayelsa, perhaps he opened the account in Bayelsa and resides now in same state as u.

@dammycree to add to what this OP said, other suspects are online sites that youve used your card, major culprit are betting sites, airlines, online stores, they have very poor security feature!

So your bank cant be held liable here because to them it would appear as a legitimate transfer

Going forward you request your bank to configure your acct such that whenever youre making a transfer above a certain amt, it must require OTP or Token
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by snowball11(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2020
I have never, ever, seen financial institutions so porous as the ones we have here in Nigeria.
It even becomes so worrisome that once the fraud is committed and then you report to the bank and feel that they would handle it with utmost urgency that may be required, only to see the bankers giving you flimsy excuses on why the fault might be from your end and some bullcrap.
Financial institutions around the world will swiftly take up the case and in some cases even credit you with the amount that was debited from your account; as long as you give them the go ahead to prosecute the case. Here, in Nigeria, we have hungry financial institutions whose only concern is in taking the masses money and making it difficult for them to withdraw their money whenever they want to.

Quite a country! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by sylve11: 11:56am On Dec 22, 2020
naijaboy756:
are u one?

you are one................ tongue cool
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2020
odimbannamdi:

You are also not correct. There should be a comma after the "safe" you corrected him with. Like this: "Safe, not save".

Someone is in distress and, instead, you chose to be pretty... angry

...petty...

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2020
GMBuhari:
whoever did it must have withdrawn from a state, if he /she withdrew with POS , sterling will know if it was atm withdrawal they will know

this is exactly what i said about Nigeria being rigged to work against you in every way

on a very good day, bank , an authority could notify lagos police and / or efcc with recipient's details , those ones would radio bayelsa or where ever the withdrawal was made , those bayelsa police would authoritatively demand atm machine cctv footage ( if it was withdrawn via atm) review the time and match a face to the crime , if it was POS , the details on the recipient account definitely includes passport and kyc details , Police could use that to trace the criminal / or accomplice and within a week , suspect arrested, money refunded if possible and the criminal sent to fraud for wire fraud or conspiracy

It is not that hard people , but instead police will ask you to pay 10 upfront and still won't do anything

with this my analysis if police could do that, i am pretty sure people(Victims) will thank Police with monetary gifts ( that they aren't supposed to collect according to constitution) it will make you proud of your police force, you will feel elated and justified

Instead our cursed bank, cursed police, cursed EFCC will rather protect the suspect and leave Victim to the suffering

Wellcome to Nigeria, a nation of fantastically corrupt leaders and scamming citizens.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by johhbekeboh09: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

Next time when issues like this arise resort the case to the branch's ICU (Internal Control Unit)
He/She would thoroughly investigate the matter!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.